Marcos Rojo returns to first team training

Nucks

RT History Department
how's that even possible? footballer's are obviously on drugs. I tore my ACL & Meniscus over the summer and was told it's a minimum of nine months rehab after the surgery.
I did my ACL in 1997. I had it repaired the end of march 1998, and was back playing American Football by the end of August. I had 2 or 3 months of rehab. I also wore a don-joy ACL brace for a full year when playing.

Jaybomb

Our best CB in my opinion. Bailly is not far behind though.

Can't wait to see him back. We need that fight and aggression in our team and Rojo brings it :devil: He was brilliant last season.

prtk0811

Kind of seprate Topic, but i dint knew where else to put it.

Ashley young and Luke shaw Return on Under 23 game vs swansea

Revan

Assumptionman
Excellent. I see no need to drop Jones because he's been immense but Rojo is the better player.

Pros of Jones form is Rojo does not have to be rushed back in. We're really lucky in our CB department compared to Arsenal, City & Liverpool aren't we?
Jones will drop himself when he will get inevitably injured. I think that Rojo-Bailly will be the preferred partnership this season.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
I'd take Jones over Rojo
Nah, I don't think Rojo will get straight back in but Rojo was immense last season. Probably our best centre back at the moment.

I can see Rojo - Jones working well in Europe, and Bailly working well for physical Premier league games.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
how's that even possible? footballer's are obviously on drugs. I tore my ACL & Meniscus over the summer and was told it's a minimum of nine months rehab after the surgery.
Modern day footballers have the very best medical treatment and physiotherapy that money can buy.

The rehibilitation programme they receive is something that us mere mortals could only dream of.

prateik

If we want to play a back 5.

Shaw-Rojo-Bailly-Jones-Valencia

should work really well.

Bruno8

Great news that Rojo is coming back together with Young Shaw and Ibra

However this pushes the fringe players way down the pecking order i.e Pereira, Axel, Scott

E-mal

Nah, I don't think Rojo will get straight back in but Rojo was immense last season. Probably our best centre back at the moment.

I can see Rojo - Jones working well in Europe, and Bailly working well for physical Premier league games.
So by extension Bailly is best known for his physical attribute against the other two who are more cerebral right?
Sometimes people post these things subconsciously without even noticing what they are unto.
Bailly is our best center back and should play against the best teams.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
I'd take Jones over Rojo
Think Rojo is better, he was our most consistent CB last season. Question is on what condition he is in, not all recoveries for these types of injuries go smooth. Would be really happy with our CB options if he comes back strong.

So many good options; Jones, Bailly, Rojo, Lindelöf, Smalling, Tuanzebe.

Lennon7

So by extension Bailly is best known for his physical attribute against the other two who are more cerebral right?
Sometimes people post these things subconsciously without even noticing what they are unto.
Bailly is unpredictable and sometimes lacks disciplinary. Rojo is our best defender at the moment anyway.

E-mal

Bailly is unpredictable and sometimes lacks disciplinary. Rojo is our best defender at the moment anyway.
Are you for real?
Rojo was lucky to excape alot of disciplinary issues last season, he was the master of two footed challenges. Any of those challenges and he will be hitting the early showers in the UCL.

Lennon7

Are you for real?
Rojo was lucky to excape alot of disciplinary issues last season, he was the master of two footed challenges. Any of those challenges and he will be hitting the early showers in the UCL.
What you mean like Bailly did for the EL final? Bailly's discipline is unpredictable, Rojo's just a rough footballer.

I rate Bailly and I'd be happy to see him start, but I rate Rojo a lot.

ReallyUSA

What you mean like Bailly did for the EL final? Bailly's discipline is unpredictable, Rojo's just a rough footballer.

I rate Bailly and I'd be happy to see him start, but I rate Rojo a lot.
Bailly had a heated moment in a tense game. Rojo is borderline a crazy person when sliding to tackle. I enjoy it, but he is a loose canon.

Lennon7

Bailly had a heated moment in a tense game. Rojo is borderline a crazy person when sliding to tackle. I enjoy it, but he is a loose canon.
Bailly's bonkers too. This is also a boring debate x

Jaybomb

Are you for real?
Irrelevant really. Sergio Ramos is the worlds best CB and he has 29 red cards or something crazy like that.

Pretty sure the majority of us fans would have that crazy bastard at United in a heartbeat.

Adnandos

Rojo isn't actually as bad at LB as people have suggested imo. Has a pretty decent cross on him and is pretty quick too, I wouldn't be against Mourinho doing an Ivanovic on him and converting him to eventually a great LB. But more than happy for him to continue being our LCB alongside Bailly as hes probably the second best defender we have.

ti vu

Rojo isn't actually as bad at LB as people have suggested imo. Has a pretty decent cross on him and is pretty quick too, I wouldn't be against Mourinho doing an Ivanovic on him and converting him to eventually a great LB. But more than happy for him to continue being our LCB alongside Bailly as hes probably the second best defender we have.
God no. He is very erratic as left back. He has technique to whip pace and good shaped cross, but there is no accuracy 90% of the time. His anticipation as left back is poor as on the wing sometimes you're being outnumbered. You need to know who to mark, when to commit a challenge, when keeping team shape... As CB it's rare to be in this situation as CB often outnumber central forwards or at least matching in number.

Last edited:

Varun

Staff
He's quite poor there, even Mourinho has said that iirc.

In Rainbows

Bailly's technique is great too.

Craig Ward

Yes because Rojo is our 2nd best CB after Bailly.
Debatable.

If he stays fit, I'd rather Jones long term. We've also signed Lindelof for big money, he's got to be given a chance at some point.

I'd say is Lindelof comes in and does ok, Bailly & Lindelof 1st choice. Jones, Rojo and Smalling for back up in that order for me.

Good options to have, Jose has extremely good depth at CB now. Trouble will be keeping them all happy

Ronaldo's Mum Eh?

Ronaldo is shite
Debatable.

If he stays fit, I'd rather Jones long term. We've also signed Lindelof for big money, he's got to be given a chance at some point.

I'd say is Lindelof comes in and does ok, Bailly & Lindelof 1st choice. Jones, Rojo and Smalling for back up in that order for me.

Good options to have, Jose has extremely good depth at CB now. Trouble will be keeping them all happy
Debatable?

At both players best, Rojo has been better. I don't see Lindelof being better than Rojo was last season. I agree it will be tough keeping them happy but their are injuries and cup games to rotate between.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Debatable.

Assuming he picks up where he left off, Rojo is clearly our best option to partner Bailly. They were top notch last season.

Jones has started well, but I can't shake the feeling that a costly error is just around the corner due to his overzealous nature. Not to mention his unreliable fitness record.

I'm hoping Lindelof can show his worth soon, his ability to play out from the back is a huge asset in Jose system.

That we have so many options at the back is pretty damn good as headaches go.

TimScoreboard

Supports
Palermo
Nice to see the lad back in training, hopefully he'll soon be in a position to put pressure on the other fit defenders.

Craig Ward

Assuming he picks up where he left off, Rojo is clearly our best option to partner Bailly. They were top notch last season.

Jones has started well, but I can't shake the feeling that a costly error is just around the corner due to his overzealous nature. Not to mention his unreliable fitness record.

I'm hoping Lindelof can show his worth soon, his ability to play out from the back is a huge asset in Jose system.

That we have so many options at the back is pretty damn good as headaches go.
Agree Jones fitness is a concern.

Not much between Rojo and Jones, I'd put them both ahead of Smalling.

I think there is a mistake in both of them, but I'd personally play Jones ahead of Rojo is all. I wouldn't be distraught if Rojo plays as last season he was very good.

The beauty is now, whoever is selected knows they have to perform as competition is so high.

Like you say, a good headache to have. We have this headache up top also

Laurentiu amt

Modern day footballers have the very best medical treatment and physiotherapy that money can buy.

The rehibilitation programme they receive is something that us mere mortals could only dream of.
The secret is a device called Pamimi or Papini, something like that. It helps a lot in rebuilding tissue and refreshing dead cells. It has no negative impact on human body and it can be used every day.

BringNaniBack

Leaves a bullshit trail behind him
Our best CB by a mile last season. Didn't think he had it in him up until then but if he gets back to form after his injury he would be the first CB on the team sheet for me.

izec

He is still a few months away from making his comeback according to Jose. I cant wait to see him back, has grown on me massively last season as a CB. I dont trust Smalling and Lindelöf, and Jones can do a Jones at times. Hopefully Rojo can get some game time in November and be fully ready for the busy period in December/January.