5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Red71

Analysis by Shearer on MOTD was very revealing. He still has SO much to learn as a no 9, with no guarantee that he has the talent or intelligence to make it.
This is very interesting. I didn’t see that particular MotD but what Shearer seems to be saying makes sense. Rashford does seem to lack that predatory movement that the best strikers have.

I watched a different MotD and they were showing one (?) of Kane’s many hat tricks and I was struck by how fantastic his movement was. I know it sounds a bit daft considering his record but I thought there is nothing extraordinary about Kane in terms of natural gifts. All aspects very good but he’s made himself the striker he is.

I don’t think it is that far fetched to think that Rashford could do the same with all of his natural gifts, eventually. He has to try and learn from the likes of Kane and that movement. He doesn’t do enough in that regard. There’s not a lot of in and out movement. I would hope that he’s studying the greats on video to learn how it’s done.

The best have it naturally but you can learn to be better at it. In his defense, I don’t think he gets enough practice when he’s having to come off the flanks the majority of the time unfortunately. Not to develop quickly anyway.

Not writing him off, just think he’s going to have peaks and troughs like all young players. He’ll develop his all round game quicker than he develops as a striker imo.

The Hilton

Been more and more frustrating to watch recently, consistently making the wrong decision, usually deciding to go it alone instead of passing to a teammate in a better position.

I think some time out of the team might be needed to help him rest and get his head right.

ThaReaper01

I actually think he looks tired tbh. He’s been playing a shit ton of games since he broke through last year and it’s taken its toll. He didn’t need to come on against Everton and he damn sure doesn’t need to play against Derby. Rest him until Stoke.

yfoFC

Don't think he's tired at all, dude has played every match but mostly not the full matches so if you mean mental fatigue from being out of form then yes I agree with you that he could do with being out of the squad for Derby to sort out his head

But never physical fatigue, I don't just see it

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Don't think he's tired at all, dude has played every match but mostly not the full matches so if you mean mental fatigue from being out of form then yes I agree with you that he could do with being out of the squad for Derby to sort out his head

But never physical fatigue, I don't just see it
Played 6th most mins for ManUtd, 5th if you consider only Outfield players.

yfoFC

Played 6th most mins for ManUtd, 5th if you consider only Outfield players.
The stats man at it again :smirk:

But yeah, playing the 5th most minutes for a guy his age shouldn't lead to physical fatigue at this stage imo

Having said that, typing this I just remembered SAF giving young ronaldo an extended break in January which helped him have a storming second half of the season so I guess the other poster does have a point.

ThaReaper01

It’s not just for United. Since he broke through under LvG he’s routinely involved in the England set up. For a kid going from the reserves, to always being involved in the first team to always being involved with England is a lot and something he’s not yet accustomed to.

He’s only recently become a legitimate professional and he’s played a shit ton of ball over the past 18 months or so. I’d say it’s both mental and physical.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
I'm less hopeful of him than I used to be. I just don't see where he can excel. He's not shown any great aptitude for playing wide, nor for playing centrally.

LuisNaniencia

Sky Sports called my bluff
I'm less hopeful of him than I used to be. I just don't see where he can excel. He's not shown any great aptitude for playing wide, nor for playing centrally.
It's quite rare for a player to have his sort of pace yet have an incredible strike/crossing ability. So I'm still confident he can push on.

His main problem this season has been decision making, which is fortunately a trait that can be worked on and improved.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
It's quite rare for a player to have his sort of pace yet have an incredible strike/crossing ability. So I'm still confident he can push on.

His main problem this season has been decision making, which is fortunately a trait that can be worked on and improved.
How often do you see a player really improving his decision making though?
He also needs to stop running the ball out of play! :p

MadMike

How often do you see a player really improving his decision making though?
He also needs to stop running the ball out of play! :p
From ages 19/20 to 25? The vast majority of football players I would argue. That’s why the peak is considered 26 to 31.

It’s not like they become physically better as they get older or that they learn new skills. The extra maturity and experience manifests as better decision making during matches and more consistency throughout the season. And that’s pretty much why a player “peaks”.

yfoFC

Perfect stage for he and michy to catch some much needed form going into the second half of the season

We'll need them both back on form especially if we're not gonna make any January signings

TRA007

Needs to take his chance at Striker just like Martial did against Everton, wont get many this season. Hopefully, he finds his form and scoring boots.

Redman24

His play has no purpose. His runs into blind alleyways and seems to have no clue what he is doing. Should not be in the starting 11.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
One of the worst misses this season, that. Shite.

Romez

I know he’s only 20 but he’s easily the most frustrating player I’ve seen play for us.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
feck how many times has he hit the post this season.
Twice in the league and once in the CL. Not got the stats for the other cup. His finishing has been really poor this season. Don't know if it is confidence or what but at the start of the season he was looking in good form in that regard and now his finishing has gone to bits.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Twice in the league and once in the CL. Not got the stats for the other cup. His finishing has been really poor this season. Don't know if it is confidence or what but at the start of the season he was looking in good form in that regard and now his finishing has gone to bits.
Think those shot conversion stats are not helped by some awful freekicks but yeah, his finishing has definitely been questionable this season. Really hope something turns for him.

Bojan11

He missed quite a few 1vs1s last season. His finishing isn’t great.

haram

Out of form. That effort that hit the post should have been an easy goal.

MadMike

Feel for the lad. He going through such a bad patch. :(

Hope he’ll grab one in the 2nd half​

Bwuk

It’s a shame we don’t have a larger squad, as he could probably do with a loan to a side till the end of the season who’ll play him up front every week. The rotation isn’t helping him or Martial.

Trizy

Poor again.

Just not good enough for United regardless of age being on his side. You either have it or you don't.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
He missed quite a few 1vs1s last season. His finishing isn’t great.
For sure but I remember in pre-season there were plenty of comments that his finishing had improved.

It’s a shame we don’t have a larger squad, as he could probably do with a loan to a side till the end of the season who’ll play him up front every week. The rotation isn’t helping him or Martial.
I think the rotation has helped Martial overall and now he's cementing a place in the starting lineup. I don't think the rotation is suiting Rashford as much though and he's become more selfish and not in a good way.

AndyJ1985

Poor again.

Just not good enough for United regardless of age being on his side. You either have it or you don't.
In his current form he isn't good enough. But there's more than enough time for him to drastically improve. The problem is he shouldn't be starting for us, he should be a squad player.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
He's a very good instinctual finisher, but when he has time to take a shot he loses his head.

Status
Not open for further replies.