5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kag

Out of form. Which isn't hugely concerning, really, more part and parcel. On another night he could have scored three so it's not all bad.

MadMike

It’s a shame we don’t have a larger squad, as he could probably do with a loan to a side till the end of the season who’ll play him up front every week. The rotation isn’t helping him or Martial.
I still think this is just a bad run and he’ll recover from it. And I don’t believe you loan out a valuable player every time one goes through a rough patch. He still plays here every week, I don’t think there’s a better place for his development. It wouldn’t be beneficial for him. Also he was doing very well at the start of the season with the same rotation with Martial, so the rotation is not to blame.

He’ll bounce back. I have faith.

diplomat

Our young players deserve to be supported, especially a youth player like Rashford. Look at Lingard, he is 25 and just about to reach some consistency in his game.

AndyJ1985

He's too greedy. Tries to do everything himself when sometimes all he has to do is pass it. In FM terms his decision making is a 1

el3mel

I just don't understand why out of sudden he decided he's the new Ronaldo and become so greedy ? He wasn't like that when he broke on the scene. He wasn't even like that at start of the season. Out of sudden he tried to shoot like Ronaldo, cross like Ronaldo, never pass the ball, always try to take on the players or shoot himself.

It's far from being a bad game for him, it's a decent game but if not for his selfishness he would have taken much higher rating. Stop being greedy. You're not the new Ronaldo. Play your own style.

Ban

He's too greedy. Tries to do everything himself when sometimes all he has to do is pass it. In FM terms his decision making is a 1
Yeah don't like that. He wasn't like that before. It's as if fame has gotten to his head or something. That can only make his form worse.

Geekie

I can't help but feel like he misses a little bit of everything to be a top player, not strong enough, not technical enough and not fast enough

Godfather

He has one hell of a shot on him though. I really like that on him. That second ball he put on the post was a really good effort. Apart from that, there wasn't much that came off for him.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Biggest problem for me by a mile is the greed, everything else can be worked on, that selfishness is a real issue for me. For our 2nd goal tonight, if Rashford were in Martial's position I fear he would've shot.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
One question. Just forget that he had a bad match because that can happen. He had a FK with an angle that any sane FK taker will never consider for shooting, how could he even attempt it from there ?

spiriticon

I just don't understand why out of sudden he decided he's the new Ronaldo and become so greedy ? He wasn't like that when he broke on the scene. He wasn't even like that at start of the season. Out of sudden he tried to shoot like Ronaldo, cross like Ronaldo, never pass the ball, always try to take on the players or shoot himself.

It's far from being a bad game for him, it's a decent game but if not for his selfishness he would have taken much higher rating. Stop being greedy. You're not the new Ronaldo. Play your own style.
That's a good thing surely if he can do it?

I don't get the poor decision making lately either. It's like he has only one thing on his mind when he gets the ball, and that is to run all the way and score. Playground mentality. I wonder if it's he's being coached to do this.

That said, he was dead unlucky tonight.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Much better in the second half. Think's he's far better on the right. Same thing happened against City where he got the goal.

el3mel

That's a good thing surely if he can do it?

I don't get the poor decision making lately either. It's like he has only one thing on his mind when he gets the ball, and that is to run all the way and score. Playground mentality. I wonder if it's he's being coached to do this.

That said, he was dead unlucky tonight.
It's good if he managed it, but he fecks up most of our chances with this at the moment. He wasn't like that at all.

milemuncher777

formerly kid777
The pic of his on the thread header is as infuriating as his performances.
Should be bin into reserves.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Finishing letting him down again. He had two chances in the first half, both of which he should have buried or at least hit the target.

Devil may care

Really struggling at the moment and very unlucky with that shot hitting the post when he switched to the right. I think he's better coming off the bench, when the game is tight and compact he can't use his best assets.

redom

Frustrating again,
One question. Just forget that he had a bad match because that can happen. He had a FK with an angle that any sane FK taker will never consider for shooting, how could he even attempt it from there ?
I'm just going to assume he was trying to narrowly miss the one man wall and drill it across the box but messed it up, same with the cross/shot he had moments after the one that hit the post, his decision making has definitely been questionable as of late though.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
I think he really needs to do simple things, he isnt great technically nor does he have great ball control in tight spaces, yet he somehow expects himself to taken on 3/4 opposition players. His delivery is also not that great.
Best thing for him is to do simple things, just try and play himself into form, he has pace and shooting on his side, also he needs to learn to take a first touch. It would be great for him to go on loan but that wont happen as he we dont have cover and it will be a hit on his ego.

Brightonian

Unlucky not to score from some tough chances, not clinical enough from some easier ones... overall still a good game from him. These tight defences suit Martial more than Rashford but he was still our second most threatening route to goal (after Messe of course).

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
C O M P O S U R E.

Refs need it.
Managers need it.
To make good decisions in the heat of high pressure competition, it’s a crucial asset in a striker. Up there with vision, pace and skill. Up there with fitness and hard work and imagination.

But can it be learnt?
Needs to happen for this boy, soon.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
He's just lost confidence. I actually don't know why when he'd been doing well.

Jose probably needs to calm him down and take him out of the firing line a bit. Maybe don't start him for a while and let him come on for the last 15 or 20 minutes, preferably in those games where we're in a strong position so he doesn't feel this crushing pressure when he tries to score. At least he won't have the pressure of thinking that if he misses it will affect the outcome of the match. He might relax a bit then...

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Least he looked like scoring today. Could easily have had a brace if luck went his way.

NinjaFletch

He'll scramble one in off his backside in a few weeks and be back on track.

The way you lot carry on about things that every football fan has seen before makes me think that this forum has a sizeable goldfish user base.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Just needs a goal. This happened last season remember? He went through a mid season drought but after scoring he got a second wind.

People have to remember Rashford’s a baby in pro footballer terms. Not everyone matures as fast as Rooney and Ronaldo. Look at players like Lampard (and now Lingard.) Most players don’t really come to the boil until their mid 20s. Give the kid time.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Problem is that he's not even giving Martial a proper challenge in the XI at the moment.
Needs to be taken out completely. Fergie used to do it.
Needs a few weeks out, get his head in gear and come back stronger.
Don't think playing is going to do anything for him atm.

AshRK

I don't think we should be over critical of him. He could have had 2 goals. Just needs to relax and stay calm. As for us let us not forget we have a 25 year old with us in lingard who has suddenly changed fans perspective. No doubt rashford can do the same and even better.

Status
Not open for further replies.