5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

dogwithabone

Really poor decision making and awareness from him today and while he was the worst culprit he wasn't the only one. Mkhitaryan, Mata, Lingard were all guilty of it.

Devil may care

Immature performance today, made the wrong choice nearly every time, I think he could do with slowing down a notch, his close control isn't up to running with the ball as much as he does.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
I was disappointed to be honest. I think the kid has a lot in his locker but he has to be smarter.

Manny

Grammar Police
He's been poor since that England game at Wembley, when he fecked up early and then scored.

MadMike

Really poor today, but I'm sure he'll bounce back. However he's got some bad habits, even when he's on his day, that he needs to eradicate.

He tends to keep the ball too long and lose it. When you're being closed down by a couple of opponents, there's no shame in keeping it simple and finding a sideways or backwards pass to keep the ball and the team's momentum. He quite often attempts something too difficult and loses the ball. He needs to work on ball retention.

lawliet354

His selfishness and his persistence to run with the ball instead of passing is really something else, don't remember it happened a lot last season tbh

Ace of Spades

I think everyone can agree that it was a poor game from him, but let us not go overboard and question his talent. He will have his ups and downs, young players tend to have those.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
I still say he looked slightly injured to me. He'll be fine, however needs to stop trying to do too much. He'll learn anyway, he's only 19!

Drainy

Outside of a few genius players it is the nature of young players to have awful games where they try stuff that worked at lower levels, or previously when the opposition didn't expect it or didn't set up to counter-act it.

He is basically still learning how to implement his skills effectively at this level and we should be patient.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
Should have a run of games on the bench. Martial has done enough to warrant a starting spot, and coming off the bench for a few games might help Rashford out for a bit.

Habs

Rashford is starting to look very average to me. Think he's let the hype get to him a little bit because keeps dribbling into players and has become really selfish. Decision making is awful aswell and it worrying because it hasnt improved at all since his first season.

Really think Martial should be starting ahead of him, just the more talented player and has the potential to become one of the best in the league: something I dont think Rashford has.

Devil81

Terrible today. He's going to have the odd bad game but his decision making all game was terrible.

Drainy

Rashford is starting to look very average to me. Think he's let the hype get to him a little bit because keeps dribbling into players and has become really selfish. Decision making is awful aswell and it worrying because it hasnt improved at all since his first season.
He has always dribbled when it's not on. You're just inventing a narrative in your own mind.

His decision making is poor. He is 19 and contrary to what you are saying is overall improving, however he was playing centre forward in his first season and only played a handful of games where he had an amazing run- his level is higher now even if he scored a few poachers goals in his first year- you've just come in here after he had a poor game and slagged him off unfairly because you're only as good as your last game and all that..

Really think Martial should be starting ahead of him, just the more talented player and has the potential to become one of the best in the league: something I dont think Rashford has.
He probably should be. Although as this season has shown, whoever starts of the two has a mediocre game and is replaced by the other who plays well and scores.

Martial is definitely the smoother player technically- however he is not the finished article himself - I think Martial will be the better wide forward at 25yo + but Rashford will be the better centre forward.

yfoFC

The bad news for rashford is that though Martial didn't set the world alight when he started, he never looked this bad and sought to bring others into the game

The good news for him is that Jose will have selective amnesia when it comes to his bad performances and keep playing him whilst martial won't get into the manager's good books (just 5 minutes today?) enough to make the LW spot his own..

shield

So strange this thing. Neither him nor Martial perform very well when given starts. But when they come in as subs they are electric and a joy to watch. Even then thought he was decent today. It was so hard to get any sort of attack going because Pogba was absent and Fellaini-Matic were very deep. He is very young so there is still plenty of time to develop.

R'hllor

That was weird, nothing to do with his age nor with his qualities as player, he just looked lazy, cant be bothered attitude, like he was drunk as feck a night before, whole vibe about a kid was fecked up.

SATA

That was weird, nothing to do with his age nor with his qualities as player, he just looked lazy, cant be bothered attitude, like he was drunk as feck a night before, whole vibe about a kid was fecked up.
Yes it was. No matter how bad a game he's having, he will always show up with the ball and try the same thing again and again and eventually it will come off. Today it just looked he's completely dis-interested and that fearless attitude wasn't there. Probably he's having some personal issues in his life or i may have been seeing too much in this

3KDré

Yes it was. No matter how bad a game he's having, he will always show up with the ball and try the same thing again and again and eventually it will come off. Today it just looked he's completely dis-interested and that fearless attitude wasn't there. Probably he's having some personal issues in his life or i may have been seeing too much in this
Probably just had a bad day at, it happens.

Grunge

So far away I get up 4am to just watch Utd on TV
Worst half I have seen from him, he doesn't even look interested.
That was my feeling too ... he just didn't look like he was enjoying himself from the get-go? I thought he looked a bit fatigued in some other games this year but his body language was off today?

People say he is nailed on to make it as a world class player, or compare him to Ronaldo.. I am sorry but I don't see it. Easily could go either way and he doesn't make it here, he has to really tighten up on all aspects of his game as when he is on it, he can be brilliant but more often than not this season his bottom level is atrocious.
It's always courting danger to refer to a player as "nailed on" for success; shit happens! That said, Ronny had some really poor games when he first joined us and often went from hero to zero as he learned his trade and became the player he is today. Our 19 year old has lots to learn and he will get his chances and he will get good direction. World class for United going forward? Let's hope so!

Him and mkhi played like they were drunk today.
Hmmm ... I know Rashford was poor, but Mhiki for me, was very good today. Not everything he tried came off but he was virtually our only creative player today!

Dante

Average bang
He was poor today. I thought that Young playing at leftback would help him, but actually it made things worse.

It looked to me as though Rashford didn't know what to do and where to run. Mourinho obviously gave him different instructions compared to when Darmian/Blind play, and I don't think Rashers knew how to interpret them. Or he possibly let them go to his head. The lack of tactical flexibility is something I've not seen in him before.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Not his best game, but he's started the season brightly. Can see him netting 15-20 this season.

Eddy_JukeZ

Very poor. His technique just deviates so much. I keep repeating it, but it's frustrating to watch.

Would prefer him being a sub in most games than Martial.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
He's still a teenager, who knows what could have taken him out of his game at that age. He just didn't seem in it at all. I expect him to snap out of it, he's got a brilliant attitude.

hn4manunited

He was all over the place today. I think he just wasn't sharp to start out and then got frustrated with himself and everything went downhill.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
He needs to stop being so selfish when playing out wide.

It's not a problem if you have Neymar like dribbling ability and can beat three players before cutting inside and blasting the ball into the top corner. But when you are constantly dribbling into blind alleys rather than passing to team mates in better positions it gets annoying.

He's a fantastic talent, but he still needs a lot of coaching.

Womp

idiot
He had a bad game, he's 19 ffs. People change their opinions on players on a game by game basis. Kids are allowed to have bad games

Fridge chutney

I think everyone can agree that it was a poor game from him, but let us not go overboard and question his talent. He will have his ups and downs, young players tend to have those.
Exactly. He's great, but won't be every game and especially not at this age.

Status
Not open for further replies.