Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I'm never confident that we'll turn up when he isn't starting.
His impact is played down by few ManUtd fans for some reason. More often than not he contributes to first goal which opens up the game.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Despite his young age I always get this impression of him that he's got massive cojones, something 90% of this team doesn't have, even if they're older than Marcus. It's hard to dislike him.

Redforever<3

I wonder who the next most prolific teenager has been? Presumably Ronaldo? How many had he at this age?
By the end of 2004/2005 season (he turned 20 in February of 2005) he had a total of 15 goals for United – according to Wikipedia, that is.

By which logic we can safely conclude that RashGod will go on to be twice the player :drool:

Kostur

海尔的老板
Jose has created this toxicity by pitting them against each other. You've got fans criticising one to big up the other. If they were both in the team at the same time we wouldn't have fans coming out with this rubbish. They could easily play on each wing.
:rolleyes:

Paul_Scholes18

His impact is played down by few ManUtd fans for some reason. More often than not he contributes to first goal which opens up the game.
West Ham, Leicester, Stoke, Burton, Crystal Palace, Benfica and Huddersfield. 7 times involved in our first goal either by scoring or assisting it.

That is very impressive.

roonster09

Scout
Despite his young age I always get this impression of him that he's got massive cojones, something 90% of this team doesn't have, even if they're older than Marcus. It's hard to dislike him.
Yeah, one thing he always do is he tries and takes responsibility, never goes to hiding. His mentality is just superb.

West Ham, Leicester, Stoke, Burton, Crystal Palace, Benfica and Huddersfield. 7 times involved in our first goal either by scoring or assisting it.

That is very impressive.
Exactly.

Nero

I wonder who the next most prolific teenager has been? Presumably Ronaldo? How many had he at this age?
Random snippet. Before turning 20:

Giggs had 23 goals.
Rooney had 22 goals.
Ronaldo had 11 goals.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Definitely. I remember at home to Anderlecht (I believe) last year he really stepped up. Nothing was going right for him for the majority of the game but he never hid and kept on pushing, resulting in his excellent goal.
Random snippet. Before turning 20:

Giggs had 23 goals.
Rooney had 22 goals.
Ronaldo had 11 goals.
Do you happen to know how many games they had played for the 1st team compared to Rashford?

Nero

Do you happen to know how many games they had played for the 1st team compared to Rashford?
Appearances | Goals

Giggs 122 | 23
Rooney 54 | 22 (including Everton it's 131 | 39)
Ronaldo 73 | 11 (including Sporting it's 104 | 16)
Rashford 85 | 26

roonster09

Scout
Appearances | Goals

Giggs 122 | 23
Rooney 54 | 22 (including Everton it's 131 | 39)
Ronaldo 73 | 11 (including Sporting it's 104 | 16)
Rashford 85 | 26
Good stats. Also not doing enough justice for Rashford considering he played many games as sub whereas Rooney and Ronaldo were starters.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
So three more games as a teenager. Let’s get to 30 goals before the birthday.

marktan

He's not even 20 yet.
I know, which is why I'm more than happy to let him develop. It's just right now all our attacking options are 'maybes' and we really need some consistent quality up there. If our other attacking options weren't Mata, Mikhi etc it'd be a lot easier to look over Rashford's inconsistencies.

barmyarmy

Very impressive for a youngster who still seems raw in some of the things. He is really stepping up this season in terms of goals/ assist stat

beep

Rooney had 21 goals as a teenager...17 for Everton and 4 for United.
Rashford has 26, with a possible duo of games before his 20th (October 31st).
Ronaldo had 19.....from what I can make out....4 Sporting, 15 United.

edit: The 3 Sporting goals were in the league. He didn't score in Europe in 2002/03, but not sure about their domestic cup run.

edit2: He scored once in their domestic cup - Taça da Liga.

Last edited:
Reactions: KM

roonster09

Scout
Finished in 3rd place for Golden boy award, behind Mbappe and Dembele.

Redo91

Rooney had 21 goals as a teenager...17 for Everton and 4 for United.
Rashford has 26, with a possible duo of games before his 20th (October 31st).
Ronaldo had 19.....from what I can make out....4 Sporting, 15 United.

edit: The 3 Sporting goals were in the league. He didn't score in Europe in 2002/03, but not sure about their domestic cup run.

edit2: He scored once in their domestic cup - Taça da Liga.
Rooney scored more than 4 goals for us as a teenager.

Baby Groot

Probably our best player vs Huddersfield and he played only 45 min we turned up from that mark onward. Wonder how that game would have gone had he started. Considered some of the dross be brought in supposed to be the next big thing. Yet Rashford comes trough our ranks, cost noting and is basically our best youngster since class of 92.

Mr PG

Finished in 3rd place for Golden boy award, behind Mbappe and Dembele.
Both Mbappe and Dembele play in much weaker leagues btw. I think Mbappe might be better ATM but both he and Dembele would go down a few notches dealing with premier league defenders

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Already scored 7 goals this season in 14 appearances(out of which he only started 8). Add that to 4 assists and that's an excellent return so far. He has played 740 mins in total this season. 7 goals and 4 assists in 740 minutes is around G/A per 69 mins.

For the people who'll compare him to Welbeck if he has a lean patch. Welbeck had 29 goals in 142 appearances for United. Rashford has 26 in 85.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Both Mbappe and Dembele play in much weaker leagues btw. I think Mbappe might be better ATM but both he and Dembele would go down a few notches dealing with premier league defenders
Mbappe has proved himself in the CL, destroying City in the QF. Rashford has done great in the CL in his three appearances so far.

Tapori

Mbappe is frightening.
Well done Rashford. You can see he's improving and long may he continue. Will take a good 4 years before we see his true peak IMO.

haram

We need to keep starting him. He actually has balls and variation to his game.

Status
Not open for further replies.