Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Hopefully he can start up top vs Spurs with both Lukaku and Martial. Like the system we have right now, just one of martial/rashford as the 10 and Lukaku and one other up top. Both Martial and Rashford are better centrally but can also drift wide when needed, plus puts our most effective and consistent players this season on the pitch together where they work best.

Devil may care

Plenty of energy and a great flick to play Lingard in for the first, looked to be limping a bit when he came off.

Rasendori

Man Of Culture

:drool:
A great visual example of what Nicky Butt said in July - “People like Marcus, Jesse and Paul, people who know the system, they have to carry the club now. As well as Michael Carrick, who knows the place inside out. These young players who come in for a lot of money might not know the club or the environment or the area, so it’s up to those guys to incorporate them into United and instill those beliefs.

Z_Wolf

Don't know how he played overall because I didn't watch the full game but his assist for the first goal is world class. I can't for the life of me understand why there aren't more posts raving about that. If it was Martial that pulled off an assist like that, we wouldn't hear the end of it.

Love the lad.

Last edited:

haram

Yeah, was a fantastic assist. He keeps getting important/game changing assists & goals.

Ashley R1+O

Don't get tired of saying it, this kid is incredible. I absolutely get a buzz from watching him at the moment.

Listar

Plenty of energy and a great flick to play Lingard in for the first, looked to be limping a bit when he came off.
I thought it was only me that noticed. Mourinho didn't say anything post match but it does looking like he was struggling with something on his right leg. Happened around the same time as the Swansea defender pull the hamstring. He wasn't running at defenders afterwards. Hopefully nothing serious.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
7 goals and 4 assists in 15 games this season. Mbappe has 4 goals and 4 assists in 11 games.

But yeah Rashford is not on the same level as Mbappe...

jungledrums

7 goals and 4 assists in 15 games this season. Mbappe has 4 goals and 4 assists in 11 games.

Mostly from the left wing too for Rashford. Granted Mbappe has been playing wide for the most part too, but in an easier league, with more freedom and a more cohesive attack. Rashford is having a fantastic season.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Mostly from the left wing too for Rashford. Granted Mbappe has been playing wide for the most part too, but in an easier league, with more freedom and a more cohesive attack. Rashford is having a fantastic season.
Yeah he is. Not saying that Rashford is better, that is for another time. But he has to be considered as on the same level. We have a great talent and he is from Manchester which makes it even better.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
You only have to watch England for thirty minutes to see Rashford is the only exciting player they have. This lad has that something special. Imagine what he'll be like in 3-4 years when he finds that consistency that experienced, mature professionals get as they enter their mid-20s...

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Diouf at Stoke has 3 goals so far this season, in only 8 matches, and some seem to think Diouf isn't on the same level as Mbappe....
Diouf is 30 not 18 or 19. And plays for stoke with no where near as much pressure or expectations as Rashford. Teams don’t tend to open up vs United, especially the smaller teams that play with 10 men behind the ball. Teams play open against stoke.

beedoubleyou

Diouf is 30 not 18 or 19. And plays for stoke with no where near as much pressure or expectations as Rashford. Teams don’t tend to open up vs United, especially the smaller teams that play with 10 men behind the ball. Teams play open against stoke.
Yeah that was an incredibly weak comparison.

MThomas

Figo: In Spain we called Benitez 'píldora para dor
Ah, so now you want to introduce other factors as well, suddenly just looking at goals isn't good enough. Strange

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Diouf at Stoke has 3 goals so far this season, in only 8 matches, and some seem to think Diouf isn't on the same level as Mbappe....
Christ you’re boring. Did he sleep with you sister or something?

How you can’t take any pleasure from watching a clearly talented and dedicated academy youngster grow into a fantastic professional for the first team is beyond me.

MThomas

Figo: In Spain we called Benitez 'píldora para dor
I literally have absolutely no understanding of why people are so desperate for comparisons with players like Dembele, Mbappe etc. Same level, higher level bla bla bla. It's a massive pile of shit.

We have an extremely talented local youngster who is still developing as a player and will have his ups and downs, if he continues to improve we have a gem for the long term. Who gives the slightest feck what Mbappe does, or what Dembele does. It's meaningless.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
You sound confused. I take plenty of pleasure in it, i don't take much pleasure from the mind numbingly stupid comparisons that some people can't live without.
The only stupid comparison in this thread is Mbappe and Diouf.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Threadbanned from this thread too. Keep going.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Btw once again scored or assisted first goal, which is very common this season.

This season he is just superb, not everything he tried was a success but he never gives up and keeps on knocking on the door. Great to see superb young player graduating from our academy.

BAMSOLA

Has issues!
Supports
A Crack Habit.
Btw once again scored or assisted first goal, which is very common this season.

This season he is just superb, not everything he tried was a success but he never gives up and keeps on knocking on the door. Great to see superb young player graduating from our academy.
Still only 19 too and for my money our most important attacking player. Constantly looking to make things happen whenever he is on the pitch.

Ace of Spades

Did he play with a knock yesterday? I don't think I remember him sprinting once all game, which is unusual for him.
I think it was because of a tackle I think, after that he was playing with a bit of a knock.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Still only 19 too and for my money our most important attacking player. Constantly looking to make things happen whenever he is on the pitch.
Yeah. If what Jose said about his mentality is correct then we will have a huge player in future, he already is.

Mcking

He already have 86apps, 26goals as well as 3 trophies with us; 13caps and 2goals for England at the age of 19 and in less than 2years. Barring injuries, he is on course to hit 700apps, 200goals for us and over 70apps, 20goals for england. Call me dumb, but I'm pretty excited. I doubt he will ever leave us, he's one of our own.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Ah, so now you want to introduce other factors as well, suddenly just looking at goals isn't good enough. Strange
Switch Mbappe and Rashford into each others team and Rashford wouldn’t look out of place. Mbappe would be doing similarly to Rashford is at United also.

Paul_Scholes18

Obviously the problem is that Rashford got so much better service. He will have the likes of Darmian and Blind behind him that give amazing service while Mbappe play with shit like Neymar and Dani Alves that stop his development.
Also Rashford play in the poor premier league while Mbappe plays in the much stronger French league.

Classical Mechanic

Great touch for the assist, he tends to have one or two great moments like that in a match whilst being quiet - poor the rest of the game. He just needs to become more consistent with that kind of brilliance to be a real top player. He is 19 so I am hopeful he can achieve that in three years or so.

Stacks

Switch Mbappe and Rashford into each others team and Rashford wouldn’t look out of place. Mbappe would be doing similarly to Rashford is at United also.
Obviously the problem is that Rashford got so much better service. He will have the likes of Darmian and Blind behind him that give amazing service while Mbappe play with shit like Neymar and Dani Alves that stop his development.
Also Rashford play in the poor premier league while Mbappe plays in the much stronger French league.
Only United fans think stuff like this. Its a shame they got the golden boy all wrong. You the type of guys that see Messi and Ronaldo win Balon D'or and shout "what about Arry Kane?" Obviously the football community know nothing and its all about United fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.