Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRA007

Love goals : Haram for Rashford
All the forum on one side and this guy on the other, yet he wont desert his beloved Rashers.
Salute Sir.

Bwuk

I would be fuming if I was Mourinho that Rashford has a chance to put Lukaku through to kill the game off, doesn't, and then two mins later Leicester equalise.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
He's been really bad for a while now. If we had options like City or Liverpool in attack he would miss the squad next game.

haram

I would be fuming if I was Mourinho that Rashford has a chance to put Lukaku through to kill the game off, doesn't, and then two mins later Leicester equalise.
I think if you're Mourinho you're fuming at the whole team.

Devil may care

I don't think it's a confidence problem, he looks frustrated, whether that's because the constant rotation between him and Martial has stopped and he's the one out of the two that is on the bench, or whether it's becuase he wants to play as a striker and there seems to be zero chance of him even been given a chance to compete for that role.

SpyLuke10

Rashford looked very complacent in that Leicester game, didn't seem bothered at all imo, not working hard enough off the ball, looked sluggish and off the pace on the ball, I get the vibe that no matter how bad Rashford plays he will still always get minutes every match and the result is that he doesn't feel any pressure to lose his spot. Compares Rashford's workrate and on-ball tempo coming off the bench as a sub to Martial's on-ball tempo, etc, when he was coming on as a sub more often earlier on in the season. Martial was playing with that hunger and drive to force his way back into Jose's starting XI plans. Rashford to me just seems complacent.

Mr.Ridiculous__

The name says it all
He chose to go around the keeper. And then was fouled. People are blaming him for not shooting earlier :lol:. If he goes around the keeper and then misses, fair enough. People can feck off blaming him for getting fouled.

I am mentioning them because it makes no sense to blame Rashford for the draw today when other players have missed big chances.
People are discussing Rashford here. Like the other poster said, you can discuss other players in their threads.

Canagel

Although Rashford should not play in the next game we all know he will and that's because we have no other options. We should've just payed for Perisic in the summer instead of relying on Martial and Rashford.

Ashley R1+O

He is young and raw, he'd made an absolute lung burster forward the play previous to the one people are moaning about. I also thought it weird and thought he was out of breath or something. But who knows, maybe if he tries to play that ball into Lukaku and fails, he looks like a pilch and they go up the other end and score and we blame him anyway for spannering the ball away anyway.

Looks to have lost that determination in the dog days of the last month or so. Needs a clip maybe or a rest.

haram

People are discussing Rashford here. Like the other poster said, you can discuss other players in their threads.
I was using it in the context of it's unfair to blame Rashford for the draw when other players are equally at fault.

SATA

Seriously, where can i call him to give him a bollocking? Because if Jose doesn't, i'll gladly do it for him. I'm still fecking fuming from last night from his utterly pathetic of a cameo

Vilev

I think around 70-80% of the blame lies with Mourinho. His work in developing players is awful. I don't know whether it's toxic atmosphere than Jose likes to cultivate or his deep position on the wing or this rotation with Martial or everything above plus lack of real coaching but it's ruining Rashford.
Take a look at Sterling, after his transfer to City he missed a lot of sitters, he missed them regularly for Liverpool as well, but then came Guardiola, worked for a year and now he is one of the top scorers in PL.
Rashford and Martial have a lot of raw talent, that much is evident, but has they actually progressed under Mourinho? No. A player at 20 is still way-way undeveloped, he needs proper coaching, guidance. Mourinho's tough love approach is not working.

el3mel

Amazes me that anyone can complain about him not playing as a striker centrally as his sort of problem. With that finishing and shocking decision making, he as hell should stay from the striker position. I will never trust him in front of the goal as much as Lukaku.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Is it just me or the Rashford vs Martial thing that Mourinho has fostered has introduced greediness into Rashford's game? Ever since Martial began starting matches, Rashford is always trying to shoot and score a goal than play as a team. Is it possible he feels that he has to score no matter what to get back into the starting 11?
Yep. He wasn't in particularly good form before that, but there was no sign of a bad attitude. But as soon as Martial overtook him as the preferred option, Rashford started showing real signs of petulance. If he was just trying too hard, that'd be one thing. But, without wanting to come across as a body language 'expert', it's felt more like a poor attitude. Which is strange as there was no sign of that at all previously. Who knows, maybe he's having a rough time in real life with something and it's just spilling over in his game (similar to Martial at the beginning of last season).

SlothIsLove

What on earth was he thinking? :mad:

"Young is overlapping to make a 2v1 situation, just pass him the ball then? Eh, too easy. Let's try to score from distance to show everyone how good I am at shooting"

"1 on 1 situation with no one near, just shoot from here then? Eh, too easy. Let's try to go round the keeper to score with style."

"3v1 counter attack, just play a simple pass to my teammate then? Eh, too easy. Let's wait for them to get back and try a harder pass to show everyone how good I am at killer balls."
:mad:

Vilev

Amazes me that anyone can complain about him not playing as a striker centrally as his sort of problem. With that finishing and shocking decision making
The same thing was said about Paulinho at Spurs. Then he was shipped to China, but now plays for Barcelona at his fav position and delivers.
And that is about a senior player. Rashford is youngster still, of course his decision-making, quality of play etc will suffer if he is constantly plays in a position he is not happy with.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.

"Young is overlapping to make a 2v1 situation, just pass him the ball then? Eh, too easy. Let's try to score from distance to show everyone how good I am at shooting"

"1 on 1 situation with no one near, just shoot from here then? Eh, too easy. Let's try to go round the keeper to score with style."

"3v1 counter attack, just play a simple pass to my teammate then? Eh, too easy. Let's wait for them to get back and try a harder pass to show everyone how good I am at killer balls."
Consistently shocking decisions...

Distracted Steward

His decision making is pretty shit at the moment. We should stop insisting on playing him so often. Let him come through naturally.
Agreed. He’s looking at things differently right now. Balls he was content to square for others just weeks ago he’s taking on himself. I don’t know what got into him, but he’s finally playing at his age. Like this he’s a fraction of the player he’s shown. He’s forcing things and being selfish.

This is probably a phase, but one he needs to get through quickly.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
His decision making is pretty shit at the moment. We should stop insisting on playing him so often. Let him come through naturally.
Agreed. Coaches should sit him down and clear his head first. From past few weeks his game has changed, much more selfish and tunnel visioned version which isn't good at all for the team,

mattunited1978

doommonger
I was using it in the context of it's unfair to blame Rashford for the draw when other players are equally at fault.
Are you his agent? Im still a fan of his in general but i think the criticism he's getting at the moment is perfectly justified.

He's had 2 absolute stinkers in the last 4 days. Both games where he wasted multiple clear cut chances to score himself or assist a team mate, which would of put us in a great position to win both matches. Instead he's managed to butcher every single one of these chances, aswel as providing bristol with the oppurtunity to score there winner with a bollocks,half arsed flick.

He's been absolute shite, ofcourse people are going to use his thread to have a moan about him and it certainly isnt unfair to do so.

Treble

Agreed. Coaches should sit him down and clear his head first. From past few weeks his game has changed, much more selfish and tunnel visioned version which isn't good at all for the team,
He was feeling more confident when he was starting games regularly. Now his confidence has taken a hit and his decision making has gotten worse. He has scored only 4 league goals which is another factor that troubles him.

Kapardin

I think he didn't pass to Lukaku then because he was trying to run down the clock by slowing it down. But either way, it was dreadful.

I am not Lukaku's biggest advocate, but I genuinely felt sorry for the guy. Worked his ass off and should have had 3 assists and a possible goal if not for the three blockheads missing clearcut chances.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I think he didn't pass to Lukaku then because he was trying to run down the clock by slowing it down. But either way, it was dreadful.

I am not Lukaku's biggest advocate, but I genuinely felt sorry for the guy. Worked his ass off and should have had 3 assists and a possible goal if not for the three blockheads missing clearcut chances.
Then why not go to the corner flag ?

ZupZup

Then why not go to the corner flag ?
He didn’t have the energy. He’d just completed a sprint forward to try and support an attack... then another sprint back straight after as Leicester counter attacked... then we counter attack and he finds himself breaking forward with the ball. He didn’t have it in his legs. I saw it straight away as the ball was played to him. If you watch the previous 90 seconds in the run-up to that incident and just focus on Rashford, you’ll see what I mean...

kouroux

He didn’t have the energy. He’d just completed a sprint forward to try and support an attack... then another sprint back straight after as Leicester counter attacked... then we counter attack and he finds himself breaking forward with the ball. He didn’t have it in his legs. I saw it straight away as the ball was played to him. If you watch the previous 90 seconds in the run-up to that incident and just focus on Rashford, you’ll see what I mean...
Releasing the ball quicker would have been the best thing to do then if he was tired (I don't believe it anyway). It was a massive mistake.

ZupZup

Releasing the ball quicker would have been the best thing to do then if he was tired (I don't believe it anyway). It was a massive mistake.
He did make a mistake. He should have tried to play Lukaku in...

You might not believe he was tired, but I’d suggest watching him the minute or two prior to that play and see what you think about it after.

kouroux

He did make a mistake. He should have tried to play Lukaku in...

You might not believe he was tired, but I’d suggest watching him the minute or two prior to that play and see what you think about it after.
I did tbh and I still don't see it. Rashford is very fit and kept making runs afterwards too.

dove

I am very worried about him. He became very selfish in some... okay, a few... nvm, in every single fecking match. Holds the ball way too long and never passes...

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Sterling always looked like a top player in embryo - with the risk, as with any embryonic talent, of stillbirth. It isn't clear what attributes of a top player Rashford has...........pace and, what else?
What attributes did Sterling have when he was being pilloried in the media? Rashford still looks a better player. Sterling is in a team that creates more chances, look at him for England and you’d wonder if he could hold down a place at Palace

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He’s a very good prospect who like Martial will have peaks and troughs in games and through out the season

van Nistelrooy

I think around 70-80% of the blame lies with Mourinho. His work in developing players is awful. I don't know whether it's toxic atmosphere than Jose likes to cultivate or his deep position on the wing or this rotation with Martial or everything above plus lack of real coaching but it's ruining Rashford.
Take a look at Sterling, after his transfer to City he missed a lot of sitters, he missed them regularly for Liverpool as well, but then came Guardiola, worked for a year and now he is one of the top scorers in PL.
Rashford and Martial have a lot of raw talent, that much is evident, but has they actually progressed under Mourinho? No. A player at 20 is still way-way undeveloped, he needs proper coaching, guidance. Mourinho's tough love approach is not working.
How can you blame this on Mourinho?! How do you know that Rashford isn't already nearing his full potential. Is it Mourinho's fault that he is still a kid and likes to do what a teenager does at that age.

Sterling may just be a better player.

SlothIsLove

I thought that was a decent decision too until I saw him made that through ball just a few seconds later. :houllier:

Oscie

I am very worried about him. He became very selfish in some... okay, a few... nvm, in every single fecking match. Holds the ball way too long and never passes...
A selfish striker? How will the football would cope with such a revelation.

Status
Not open for further replies.