5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Steven-UK

Rashford is still a player that needs 5 chances to score one.

We need a truly world quality player to get anywhere back to form, because as soon as we start missing the chances, the momentum shifts towards to opposition.

Yet again we were hanging on at the end of the game, because we missed so many chances. Rashford's miss in the last few minutes pretty much sums him up - zero composure, and he ain't no kid anymore.

Today Rashford reminded me of C Ronaldo in his early days at Manutd. It is no wonder he used to watch him when he was growing up.
If we can get another striker who can score ..then we can have the new Rooney/Ronaldo..with Martial also helping occasionally.
:lol:

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

We need a truly world quality player to get anywhere back to form, because as soon as we start missing the chances, the momentum shifts towards to opposition.

Yet again we were hanging on at the end of the game, because we missed so many chances. Rashford's miss in the last few minutes pretty much sums him up - zero composure, and he ain't no kid anymore.

You don't score 13 goals by December with no composure though.

marktan

Today Rashford reminded me of C Ronaldo in his early days at Manutd. It is no wonder he used to watch him when he was growing up.
If we can get another striker who can score ..then we can have the new Rooney/Ronaldo..with Martial also helping occasionally.
He does strike the ball very similarly and does run at a similar pace to him, but Ronaldo has him beat quite significantly with ball control and dribbling. Even at 18 Ronaldo was better than Rashford is now running with the ball, and obviously by the time Ronaldo turned 21 he stepped significantly in all aspects of his games.

That said it's an unfair comparison to one of the best of all times, as rash and inconsistent as Rashford can be in a game, he's one of our few attackers that does show genuine quality over multiple games. He's already a pretty good player, just wish his dribbling could get a little better and he could be our equivalent to Son / Mane.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Has some of the Caf finally decided he's no longer a Championship player? :lol:
Just said for one bad game, you’ll see posts like “should have been loaned out to championship” “he isn’t a CF” “overhyped” “posts on his wages”

SteveW

Bet you loved Zlatan.

jackal&hyde

One goal away from equaling his best ever season goals wise. On course for a 20 goals season. Do we have a world class forward on our hands? I think so.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
I see some laughing at the "Ronaldo" comparisons. Just to put this in perspective, at 22 years old Ronaldo scored 17 goals in the EPL in 34 games. Rashford right now has 9 in 15 games. He is on pace to score more this year than Ronaldo did at the same age. Just sayin'...

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
The Ronaldo comparisons are pretty valid but must be toned down quite a bit. Their unique ball-striking ability, similar body types, and similar athleticism. However, if you were to put them in leagues in regards to dribbling, heading, and movement at the same age then Ronaldo would be Premier league and Rashford would be league two. Rashford is a kick and run merchant that gets it right 1 time out of 7 and is scoring 1 goal for every 3/4 'high xG' chances given to him on a plate. This is not to be taken strongly against Rashford, it is just painting a more realistic image of him as a human footballer. Ronaldo went on to become arguably one of the greatest footballers ever which, even at the same age at 22, was not exactly out of the realm for him. He was just that talented. Rashford not so much with the talent, but he definitely has the work ethic and is maturing quite nicely.

PaulRich

He's improving. All you can ask. He's definitely better out in that wide left berth.

ash_86

A very good #9 would do so much good for Rashford. Immense player for us this season. Suits our play style to a t

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
Fair fecks to him. He has really stepped up this season

Yes, his conversion rate is not the best, but half the job is actually getting at the end of those chances. Much rather have a player that scores 20 from 100 chances, than someone who scores 10 from 40

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Has some of the Caf finally decided he's no longer a Championship player? :lol:
He'll be back there next week.

Don't forget that the Caf has in the past conclusively decided that he's a worse player than Kelechi, Jesus, Asensio and more recently Tammy Abraham.

RedCurry

Good game again from him. I just think he would go another level as a player if he just slowed his game down a little in that final third.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
He's really stepped up this season. In a sense, he's right on track as he's still so young. He started so young, and with age he was bound to get more consistent and obviously more experienced.

He has a nice mix of pace, power and trickery. Running at a fullback he can go inside or outside and is lightning quick, so he's a nightmare to defend against.

Once we can field a consistent strong XI, he will be much better too.

Welbeckham

Has he ever scored a hat trick? Only ever remember him scoring 2 goals in a match often.
We haven’t scored a hattrick Post-Fergie iirc. Rashford scored a hattrick in his one and only match for England u21’s. Doesn’t really count as a senior match though.

fps

Oh pleas, all strikers miss chances and again someone is blind to the fact that a 22 year old will improve. Put no one in ahead of Rashford he is an incredible talent starting to deliver regularly.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons

And here we go.

You do realise he has scored more goals than the likes of Salah, Kane and Sterling? Same number as Aguero and Mane.

If we had anyone close to his goalscoring form this season we wpuld be far higher on the table. But yeah, it's Rashford we need to replace.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
His problem has never been bad decisions (at least no more so than any other player). It's been poor form, low confidence or improper technique.

Rashford is one of the most intelligent players in the squad, and for England.

Put it this way: imagine if Rashford had played EXACTLY the same way, but the 'keeper had saved the shot at his near post (which should have happened) and the penalty had been saved (which was very much possible). People would be in this thread criticising his decision making again, saying that he should have shot at the far post, or should have let Greenwood take the penalty, or should never have taken that shot from outside the box, or shouldn't have taken the freekick from distance, or should have passed to his teammates all those times he took shots.

The point is that the decisions he was and is making aren't the issue. It was the execution of the them. I don't see that he's making any different decisions from usual.

As a 20 year old who's played football every day of his life since he was 5, he hasn't learn lots of new things over the course of just a few weeks. What's changed is that he's playing with confidence and is therefore is no longer snatching at chances.
I absolutely think his decision making has been an issue in the past. He dribbled when he should pass, shot from ludicrous areas, lost possession regularly. He took his risks at the right times last night and got the maximum out of his possession.

Classical Mechanic

And here we go.

You do realise he has scored more goals than the likes of Salah, Kane and Sterling? Same number as Aguero and Mane.

If we had anyone close to his goalscoring form this season we wpuld be far higher on the table. But yeah, it's Rashford we need to replace.
Aguero and Salah also take more shots than him too. I think people fail to comprehend just how many shots are taken by a lot of forwards and how low their conversion rate actually is. Ronaldo actually take more than any player in Europe and performs at about the same level against his xG as Rashford does.

I' not saying that Rashford is a great finisher because he isn't as it stands. Similar to Ronaldo though, he has a massive heart and drive and is always working to get himself on the score sheet.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
And here we go.

I just ignore that type of posts. There is a post above saying that Rashford is a kick and run merchant who gets it right 1 out of 7 times. I mean, Jesus Christ, some people have unreal expectations of him or are clueless about how football is played.

Ban

The Ronaldo comparisons are pretty valid but must be toned down quite a bit. Their unique ball-striking ability, similar body types, and similar athleticism. However, if you were to put them in leagues in regards to dribbling, heading, and movement at the same age then Ronaldo would be Premier league and Rashford would be league two. Rashford is a kick and run merchant that gets it right 1 time out of 7 and is scoring 1 goal for every 3/4 'high xG' chances given to him on a plate. This is not to be taken strongly against Rashford, it is just painting a more realistic image of him as a human footballer. Ronaldo went on to become arguably one of the greatest footballers ever which, even at the same age at 22, was not exactly out of the realm for him. He was just that talented. Rashford not so much with the talent, but he definitely has the work ethic and is maturing quite nicely.
Kick and run merchant? Yeah that's bollocks.

meamth

Been criticizing his decision making since last season.

Apparently he has improved a lot in all aspects of his game since October. Excited to see him improve even further.

stu_1992

After a tough start to the season, he's really coming on now. It's great to see, and last night was a prime example of that. He even scored a penalty! :p Hopefully this lasts a long time yet, but it looks an absolute certainty that he'll beat his previous best goal tally an hopefully continue to push onto greater things.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
12 goals and 5 assists this season. He has scored 4 penalties I think and he won 3 of them.

20 games - 12 goals + 5 assists.
Chances created - 24
Dribbles completed - 39
Penalties won - 3
Tackles - 14

He is contributing in more than just goal scoring, in most games he even drops deep to help the defense and then start the counter attacks. Hopefully he will continue this form, on his good days he is very hard to stop.

norm87cro

He's been very very good despite our form. One can only imagine his contribution if we had a stronger midfield and it was a rough daimond type of performance reminding us of the young Ronaldo and Wazza before their primes around 2005 and 2006. I hope he continues with this so I can take a piss on the "Rashy bubble" thread that is currently nowhere to be seen. And in general, except their equalizer I though the first half was the best I've seen in a long time from us. We could have been 2 or 3 nil up

Last edited:

troylocker

He was brilliant yesterday, and he's developing into one of the best LWs in the league. Under Ole he has really upped his game and added workrate and a hunger we didn't see before. If he improves his finishing from inside the box he will become that top class forward we hoped him to become.

romufc

Rashford's miss in the last few minutes pretty much sums him up - zero composure, and he ain't no kid anymore.
You don't score 13 goals by December with no composure though.
Zero composure? Did you watch his penalty? That is pure composure. He has done it at PSG away in the 90th minute. Every penalty he takes this season now is under huge pressure given he has missed a few.

At 22, which striker has a goal conversion rate of more than 30%? Not many. He is a Inside forward who scores goals.

He is still young and will improve. Look how Sterling improved after he hit 24.

Skills

Snitch
Carrying us at the moment, we're lucky he's in such rich form.

He'll be unbelievable in a proper attacking structure. That's what mavericks like Rashford need, a structure that allows them to be more consistent.

Dve

Who can now say Rashford is not a great goal scorer.

Of great goals.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
We haven’t scored a hattrick Post-Fergie iirc. Rashford scored a hattrick in his one and only match for England u21’s. Doesn’t really count as a senior match though.
Van Persie against Olympiakos?

Status
Not open for further replies.