4.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Silverman

Tonight wasn't a lack of interest or desire imo, he just looks terrified on the ball.
Summed up in the last minute when he had a few chances to cross but he held it up and played it back to Matic.

EtH

Give him the rest of the season off, hire a new manager, tell him that he gets one shot and show up ready in July.
Or better yet sell him to any club stupid enough to offer £30m for him.

Toshey

Supports
Levski Sofia
Genuinely.. Can’t even look at him anymore.
Wish we had Dan James instead.

Greck

His general play was always gash. He's the same player except out of position. If he was striking he would score a couple offchance goals and would be deemed a return to form. Now that we aren't run and shoot he actually has to pick a pass when playing inside forward and his poor decision making is getting brutally exposed. Ole didn't help them one bit telling them to shoot over working on their tactical passing. Not a full excuse for Rashford though who was also pretty lacking in tactical smarts even for a youngster. He came through dribbling with his head down and it shows.

rollingstoned1

The reason for rashford's form is 100% on the fans. All the fans that overhyped him into believing he's some generational talent. He is not that good and is just a pace merchant. He always will be a pace merchant. But everybody over-inflated his ego making him beleive he's the second coming of Cristiano... Now he's a rubbish player with a bad attitude.
BIN him
Most of the credit for what Rashford became should be given to LVG and the debut he handed to him out of nowhere in an important game in 2016. I might be wrong but I don't think anyone who follows our academy or youth teams thought he was someone who would go on to become exceptional. I have heard that about W Keane, Wilson, Greenwood, Morrison, etc. It took as long as this disaster of a season for the penny to drop.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Most of the credit for what Rashford became should be given to LVG and the debut he handed to him out of nowhere in an important game in 2016. I might be wrong but I don't think anyone who follows our academy or youth teams thought he was someone who would go on to become exceptional. I have heard that about W Keane, Wilson, Greenwood, Morrison, etc. It took as long as this disaster of a season for the penny to drop.
Nah man. Other big teams have been tracking him for a while. He was on Barcelona's list when they were still functional.

stw2022

He’s a whiny little sod. Right footed player being played on the right isn’t something that should render his game so ineffective. He just sulks. He thinks he’s a fecking superstar. He isn’t arsed to track back, look up, put in a shift.

The pandering and the excuses need to stop. Football player’s who look decent in their late teens and early 20s but fade quickly ALL the time. It isn’t akin to some freak, supernatural occurrence that many seem to want to suggest.

stw2022

Nah man. Other big teams have been tracking him for a while. He was on Barcelona's list when they were still functional.
Based on what? Stories leaked by the players PR team when he was angling for a £200,000 contract renewal?

AndySmith1990

He’s a whiny little sod. Right footed player being played on the right isn’t something that should render his game so ineffective. He just sulks. He thinks he’s a fecking superstar. He isn’t arsed to track back, look up, put in a shift.

The pandering and the excuses need to stop. Football player’s who look decent in their late teens and early 20s but fade quickly ALL the time. It isn’t akin to some freak, supernatural occurrence that many seem to want to suggest.
Tbf the fans don't help by building our young players up into superstars and idoliding them before they've achieved anything. Not everyone is going to have the maturity to handle that in the right way. It also doesn't help that we pay kids stupid amounts of money, again before they've achieved anything of note. We create an environment at the club where players must feel like they've made it, when in reality they still have it all to prove

stw2022

Tbf the fans don't help by building our young players up into superstars and idoliding them before they've achieved anything. Not everyone is going to have the maturity to handle that in the right way. It also doesn't help that we pay kids stupid amounts of money, again before they've achieved anything of note. We create an environment at the club where players must feel like they've made it, when in reality they still have it all to prove

The stat monkeys don’t help either. His play has been abysmal for two years yet ‘4 in 11, 64%, goal contributions in the orange’ or whatever the feck trying to use random isolated statistics to prove he wasn’t wank.

As a fan base we should use this as a watershed to determine never to listen to anyone whose opinion of a player are based on what they can Google about him.

“Rashford poor? Haha he has a 4 more assists than Ronaldo had by the age of 21 against players in the top half of the table”

It’s genuinely been two years of this

Blake's 7

Rashford was at his best when employed on the left when we've been set up to play on the counter attack. A Madrid set up exceptionally deep in 2 defensive banks, last night was never the night for an out of form Rashford - it's not rocket science just simple common sense.

stw2022

Rashford was at his best when employed on the left
But why?

Right-footed player that can’t play on the right? This needs to stop being glossed over as something we just take as read. It’s absurd. His ineffectiveness on the right is nothing more than sulking because he’s limited at the number of times he can waste every attack by cutting inside and shooting from ridiculous angles and distances.

That alone tells me we should tell him to feck off

Water Melon

He is going down the drain very fast, is not he? Can not hold the ball, can not cross, does not dribble past opponents anymore, is not really arsed to track back. It was injuries, surgery, covid, however, all those are past behind him. No more room for excuses. He either produces or fecks off. Is not justifying his playing time and wages currently.

Baneofthegame

Tonight wasn't a lack of interest or desire imo, he just looks terrified on the ball.
Summed up in the last minute when he had a few chances to cross but he held it up and played it back to Matic.
That cross basically sums him up at the moment and it was infuriating.

Lewnited

It's always irked me that he seemingly got a pass for his obvious laziness where some of our other players received dogs abuse, but yesterday was the first time I've genuinely felt sorry for him.

His confidence is shattered and he's quite clearly second guessing every single decision he makes on the pitch at this point. I honestly don't know how he comes back from this point, but I don't see anything other than a loan or a transfer getting him back to high level performance.

Quagmire Maguire

It seems the penny has FINALLY dropped on this forum. Bar moments he has never been very good.

Unfortunately he will be stinking up the place on massive wages for many more years.

Telsim

Everyone who isn't completely delusional sees it by now - he must be sold this summer. It's the last chance to get anything worthwhile out of him. 40-50 million, whatever. Sell to the highest bidder and move on. It's time.

Devil’s Trident

The stat monkeys don’t help either. His play has been abysmal for two years yet ‘4 in 11, 64%, goal contributions in the orange’ or whatever the feck trying to use random isolated statistics to prove he wasn’t wank.

As a fan base we should use this as a watershed to determine never to listen to anyone whose opinion of a player are based on what they can Google about him.

“Rashford poor? Haha he has a 4 more assists than Ronaldo had by the age of 21 against players in the top half of the table”

It’s genuinely been two years of this
It’s one of the most annoying things in football when someone only brings the stats to prove their point. Irritates me to the core. If Iniesta was playing today then Rashford would be proven as a better footballer than Andres fecking iniesta.

Rashford has been stinking the place up for 2 years, first they brought the stats, then they brought the injury, then euros disappointment, surgery, recovery, confidence, mental health, girlfriend split, some other private issues and when nothing substantial could be found they are still pandering to the line of there is something wrong going on in his life. Disregarding the most obvious thing that is staring in everyone’s face that too much too soon and he is our mr billy big bollocks he is the snake that leaks to the press more than any other. The truth is right there in the open when Samuel luckhurst and Gary Neville had to come out against him to cut his crap. The guy is taking a big dump on this club yet he is still our Marcus our academy lad our youngster our Mr Manchester United. The club knows this and will do whatever it takes to give him a big fat contract to keep him at the club forever. And all these fans who still support him deserve nothing more than this.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Well out of confidence at the moment, which is hard to restore.
The new manager has a big job in store there.

Right side last night, versus a cynical defensive Madrid, out of form and confidence, it was never going to happen.

Chief123

It’s even more mind boggling we had threads here comparing him to Mbappe. It was incredible at the time, even more so now!

Jackal981

But why?

Right-footed player that can’t play on the right? This needs to stop being glossed over as something we just take as read. It’s absurd. His ineffectiveness on the right is nothing more than sulking because he’s limited at the number of times he can waste every attack by cutting inside and shooting from ridiculous angles and distances.

That alone tells me we should tell him to feck off
He is equally shit on the left too. He is like a discount thrift shop reverse Robben where his only move from the left is cut inside and shoot randomly. And now every defenders and their nan know what he is going to do it is very easy to stop him. Robben made it work because he is Robben, while talent wise Rashford does not even fit to lace Robben boots.

led_scholes

A Rashford with confidence was just shooting from anywhere the last 1 and half years. A Rashford without confidence just loses the ball all the time.

Can we just move to a world where we don't have Rashford in our team any more?

He is so lucky that we need to replace Ronaldo, Cavani, Greenwood and Martial. Hopefully, he requests a transfer, otherwise we won't sell him. My fear is that his agent will look for a club, who will tell him that to pay these wages he needs to be free. So, nobody will come, his PR team would say that Marcus is here to prove everyone wrong, then sulk the place, we renew his contract for a year so to try to sell him for a fee, which nobody is going to pay, then watch him rot in the bench for one more year. Basically, what happened with Lingard.

Looking back last night was one of the worst performances I've seen anybody have in a Manchester United shirt. Trying to knock it past a defender and outrun him, but so transparent the defender saw it coming a mile away and launched a counter from it. Passing the ball behind the teammate because everything is moving too fast for him. Mis-controls. No movement, no reading of the play. He genuinely looked like an amateur footballer last night.

Abraxas

He's absolutely terrible on the right. He's terrible everywhere at the moment, that is for sure. But if we persist with him on the right there is absolutely no hope at all, not even a glimmer of a chance of extracting past performance.

He doesn't have the game to play on the outside, even if he beats his man, he's only going to lash it across the box, his crossing isn't laced with subtlety. He can't easily shift into a shooting position which negates one of his attributes - that he scores goals. It's not a good situation, he's just a body out there.

Hughes35

He really has dropped off a cliff. He's gone from being inconsistent, moments of brilliance mixed in with being very wasteful....... Now he is just useless. Actually, he's worse than useless as people keep passing the ball for him to lose. We'd be better with 10 men at this point.

lex talionis

Another shocking performance. It may be that we’re overlooking the possibility that since his surgery he’s physically not the same athlete before he literally broke his back.

Whatever the explanation, what we’ve witnessed the last two seasons is troubling.

he literally broke his back.
He had spondylolysis. 1 in every 20 people worldwide experience it. That number is even higher for athletes...it's estimated that as many as 1 in every 5 athletes will experience it. Both stats from John Hopkins.

Spondylolysis doesn’t always have symptoms. When it does, the only symptom is usually back pain. The pain often gets worse with activity and sport, and is more notable when bending backward. Generally, the pain doesn’t interfere with everyday activities.
Being human and walking upright is the most basic risk factor for spondylolysis. Certain sports that involve excessive or repetitive bending backward may increase the risk of spondylolysis. Examples include gymnastics, football and soccer.
On a pure numbers basis, it's likely that at least a handful of the squad have had it at some point. Lindelof had longstanding back issues last season...he just didn't have a PR team with a direct contact to influential journalists.

Morpheus 7

He's lost his way, clearly a mental thing now. Shadow of the man that turned up in the big games. If he doesn't want to be here, he should leave like the rest.

I Am Zlatan

I wonder if he still got the Euros miss in the back of his mind, however he’s a professional and surely should be strong enough to move on at this point, it’s sad to see him play like this, he’s no world class player, but he’s miles better than what we are seeing right now.

Reactions: Cheimoon

Steven-UK

The explosiveness has gone. There's no doubting he was very good when he started in the first 11; frustrating always, but his explosiveness usually always brought him through. Now? It's like he's peaked, burned out, and for somebody on £250K a week, at he's age to be turning in such sh*te game, after game.

The hunger has gone - Get rid I say. I'd rather we give a chance to somebody who actually wants it.

I do wonder though, if he was still on low wages, with the chance of higher wages if he performed. I also think money and buying into his own hype has a part to play. Too much, too soon. I think it's no coincidence that since his off-field exploits made the media, his form has been decimated.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Another shocking performance. It may be that we’re overlooking the possibility that since his surgery he’s physically not the same athlete before he literally broke his back.

Whatever the explanation, what we’ve witnessed the last two seasons is troubling.
Said it a few times. He has early on-set Sturridge-itis. He is finished physically and will be done with football in 2/3 years.

Varane around town

I feel sorry for Rashford now.

That moment when he was passing it back to Matic because he didn't trust himself to cross it in. What a shadow of the player we thought we had.

I'd gave Rashford one more season under our new manager. If we don't see serious improvement then we need to be moving on. The time of accommodating under performing players needs to come to an end.

Gavinb33

I've defended him I here multiple times but he is a disaster at the minute.

Whether it's in his head or his body has given up on him I don't know but he needs to be out of the team not just on the bench but a substantial time away from the team because this version of him is no good to anyone.

I feel sorry for Rashford now.

That moment when he was passing it back to Matic because he didn't trust himself to cross it in. What a shadow of the player we thought we had.

I'd gave Rashford one more season under our new manager. If we don't see serious improvement then we need to be moving on. The time of accommodating under performing players needs to come to an end.
Problem I have is that even peak Rashford was often poor with his decision making in the final third. His performances were exciting sure, but that was with his 'potential' in mind too. Rather than progress he's obviously regressed hugely, so it's a big gamble to think he'll recover from here imo.

If a large offer came in we might do well to consider it while he has the 'manager/clubs fault' narrative in his favour

Status
Not open for further replies.