Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
If every player kept it simple and could keep the ball we would be a miles better football team. I don’t think Rashford is capable of playing that kind of football he’s just too technically deficient. He will still have his uses and games but for a top team he should be a squad player especially on this form.
And sure, let him be a squad player and work himself up - but we are currently a team in very minimal form.

Tell me why is Rashford being used as a striker partner to Ronaldo? Is anyone a link player of the two forwards?

Anyway,
Is Bruno keeping it simple? What's happened to him? What about Ronaldo? Does he keep it simple to you? What about VDB'S reaumadateur running from CM that people want to see so much more than McFred - is that simple to you? Shaw, Maguire, Wan Bissaka have been shit the whole season unable to defensively do the simple right with one of our best players again is David De Gea.

The simplicity of a player comes from the coach - someone like Pep is going to teach the simplicity of passing, position and power more so than Ole or Rangnick after one week.

I'm not blaming Ronaldo here because people believe I have a problem with him - but he sticks out of our centre forward line as a different style player to everyone (Martial, Greenwood, Rashford, Sancho, Amad, Elanga) except Cavani.

This shows who Ronaldo's striker partner should be, and at the same time what our initial plan was before Ronaldo signed out of surprise near deadline day. We were planning to play Sancho, Greenwood and Rashford in a front 3, and whilst I'm not saying that would or wouldn't be better to the position we see ourselves in now; I think many would agree that Rashford, Greenwood and Sancho would have done better with a better cohesive understanding playing in their best 3 roles for themselves in that that trying to play in striker partnerships and wingers that try to cross it in so Ronaldo can score a header.

Many have talked about how Rashford went up a gear even yesterday when he moved out to the left and held the touchline more than playing as makeshift Benzema trying to hold the ball up for Ronaldo. Greenwood has been great as a striker this season but every time he plays as a RW he looks a bit back to his former self. Sancho's best performances for me has come as a RW.

I just think people don't have a "right" when judging Rashford in the last season because he had a bigger injury than people realise - people who probably think that a leg injury is the only thing that influences a players movement whilst back and spine injuries don't because they are just used when sitting on a chair or something.

He was injured last season and still played like a squad player then - yet now 9 games in to this season -

• Coming on as a sub
  • Playing in a position that don't get the best out of him
  • Playing with a partner that he can't get the best out of and at the same time won't get the best out of him
  • Playing for a manager that has such poor tactics that he got sacked
  • Playing for a team with not a single man in form except Ronaldo and De gea - it says the most about our problem in my opinion
9 Games and still has better stats than others. Just as talking positively over 9 games form is wrong, talking about it bad is confusing to me aswell - especially when the whole team bar 2 players have shown any sort of consistency.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Rashford was very poor and has been for a while. Same goes for Bruno. But let's not pretend the other forwards are ripping up trees either. Sancho was very quiet again yesterday and thus far has barely made any impact on the PL.

This isn't a Rashford problem. This is the lot of them. Even Ronaldo isn't playing well. He was shocking yesterday despite scoring a penalty.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Can you point me where am I butthurt ? :lol: Stop it man you are just humiliating yourself.
How can I show where you butthurt ffs :lol: Go and check.

No, I'm humiliating you and your inability to read, understand post.

Bebestation

How far back have you had to trawl to find that? Must be 5 years old that post! And what point are you even trying to make with it...there's only really Dele Alli on that list who hasn't made a top player, and SAF called him "his biggest disappointment" recently. I don't think you can doubt his ability, just seems more interested in being a model/celebrity.
Saul Niguez. Greizmann. All dissapointments.

5 years is not that far from 4 years ago you said Rashford wasn't good enough to be a United player.

SonyaCross493

I think both he and Bruno deserve to be dropped. Both have had enough chances.

Wouldn't it make sense to have Rashford as an impact substitute with his pace in the second half when defenders are tired?

Jackal981

How can I show where you butthurt ffs :lol: Go and check.

No, I'm hamulating you and your inability to read, understand post.
You told me I am butthurt, where in my post am I butthurt ? Maybe not insulting other posters for starter. And your inability to spell correctly is hamulating :D

SonyaCross493

I think there is now a big argument for Bruno and Rashford to both be dropped. They are getting too many chances.

Also wouldn't Rashford be better as an impact substitute in the second half with his pace when defenders are tired?

Lentwood

Saul Niguez. Greizmann. All dissapointments.

5 years is not that far from 4 years ago you said Rashford wasn't good enough to be a United player.
Saul Niguez and Greizmann have hardly had "disappointing" careers. I think you are stretching badly to be honest, going back five years and claiming my opinion on Rashford aren't valid because I said Stones, Greizmann, Saul, Alli and Kane would be good signings.

The fact is, this debate is a distraction anyway from the point. You don't need to be a football genius to see Rashford isn't the level required to start for a top side. Could be a good impact sub if Rangnick can get him to stop sulking about the pitch and actually play with some intensity.

roonster09

Scout
You told me I am butthurt, where in my post am I butthurt ? Maybe not insulting other posters for starter. And your inability to spell correctly is hamulating :D
You don't even know the irony if it slaps you. When you come up with nonsense like your first post, don't expect pleasant replies. "Not insulting other posters", you want me point the insults in your first post or are you bright enough to find your posts?

Oh now bang about auto correct, maybe that makes more sense than any of your nonsense.

Bebestation

Saul Niguez and Greizmann have hardly had "disappointing" careers. I think you are stretching badly to be honest, going back five years and claiming my opinion on Rashford aren't valid because I said Stones, Greizmann, Saul, Alli and Kane would be good signings.

The fact is, this debate is a distraction anyway from the point. You don't need to be a football genius to see Rashford isn't the level required to start for a top side. Could be a good impact sub if Rangnick can get him to stop sulking about the pitch and actually play with some intensity.
Then Rashford hasn't had a dissapointing career either. He has been part of anything we have done good ever since he broke through.

Lentwood

Then Rashford hasn't had a dissapointing career either. He has been part of anything we have done good ever since he broke through.
Well, it depends in what context you use the word "disappointing". Greizmann, Stones, Saul and Koke have won major trophies. Kane has scored a ridiculous number of goals for club and country.

Right now, I'd put Rashford in the same category as Dele All, in that both were touted as being world-class as teenagers and for one reason or another, neither of them have lived up to their potential. Alli is on the fringes of the Spurs squad and I don't think it will be long before Rashford starts to be left out at Utd.

Personally, I think if we had been realistic about Rashford's abilities from the outset, we wouldn't have gotten carried away calling him "world-class" or whatever, and we could have just accepted him as a good Academy lad who has become a useful part of the squad.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Rashford was very poor and has been for a while. Same goes for Bruno. But let's not pretend the other forwards are ripping up trees either. Sancho was very quiet again yesterday and thus far has barely made any impact on the PL.

This isn't a Rashford problem. This is the lot of them. Even Ronaldo isn't playing well. He was shocking yesterday despite scoring a penalty.
Our forwards main problem stylistically over the last few years has been the lack of ideas, aggression and work rate. Rashford and Martial developed a very meek, low energy way of playing together and we just gave them the keys and let them off to figure it out. Very very poor management from us. Martial is out the door. If Rashford keeps up this kind of form (December to December let’s just say) up for another season or two he’ll rightly be out the door too.

Imagine replacing him with someone like Chiesa who physically plays on the edge. We would make so much more chances and force the opposition to make mistakes that just don’t happen when Rashford plays. It’s all pedestrian, low physicality and out in front when he plays and it messes up our flow. I think In the meantime Cavani and Greenwood both deserve a fair shot at being the second player in the two.

I have a feeling Cavani will step up again big time once he gets a run.

Last edited:

Bebestation

Well, it depends in what context you use the word "disappointing". Greizmann, Stones, Saul and Koke have won major trophies. Kane has scored a ridiculous number of goals for club and country.

Right now, I'd put Rashford in the same category as Dele All, in that both were touted as being world-class as teenagers and for one reason or another, neither of them have lived up to their potential. Alli is on the fringes of the Spurs squad and I don't think it will be long before Rashford starts to be left out at Utd.

Personally, I think if we had been realistic about Rashford's abilities from the outset, we wouldn't have gotten carried away calling him "world-class" or whatever, and we could have just accepted him as a good Academy lad who has become a useful part of the squad.
And right, the player is based on what the whole club achieves - yet your talking about Harry Kane; a guy who wasn't even born at Rashfords age.

Then there's players like John Stones who can easily be replaced at Man City and they would still win Pl title after PL title.

I'm 100% sure most fans would swap Delle Alli to get Rashford - even so at Spurs.

The fact they are the same level to you is just mind boggling.

Anyway just leave it - its only Rashford that can make you believe he is good enough for United and not really me.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
He has followed the same development trajectory as Martial: the older he gets the worse he plays and is now reaching a stage where you wonder whether this is his final form.

It’s looks like both Martial FC and Rashford FC, who have been bickering for years, will not produce a winner and most likely be relegated hand in hand to nothingness.

Abraxas

The Dele Alli comparison is a massive stretch.

Lentwood

The Dele Alli comparison is a massive stretch.
Take a look at the stats posted by @roonster09 (who is defending Rashford) - Rashford and Alli have very similar goals and assists.

As the other chap said, it's a pointless debate to be honest. I don't think Rashford is good enough, clearly some do. All I am saying it's at one point we were assured he was a world-class talent and people were very rude to anybody who suggested otherwise. Now claiming Rashford deserves to play is probably the more unpopular opinion.

roonster09

Scout
Take a look at the stats posted by @roonster09 (who is defending Rashford) - Rashford and Alli have very similar goals and assists.

As the other chap said, it's a pointless debate to be honest. I don't think Rashford is good enough, clearly some do. All I am saying it's at one point we were assured he was a world-class talent and people were very rude to anybody who suggested otherwise. Now claiming Rashford deserves to play is probably the more unpopular opinion.
Big difference is, Alli has been on downward spiral for couple of years now and barely plays, Rashford has his best 2 seasons in last 2 seasons and plays regularly.

Yeah, some said he was world class talent and there are others who said he will be championship player and not a PL player. Both means nothing, he is among the best players in the league when it comes to productivity in the last 2 seasons with lot of scope for improvement in his general play.

Abraxas

The point is, not recently they don't. That's what makes it a very generally conceived point. The points of comparison are what...that they played well in the PL at a young age, and that if Rashford doesn't play well for a season or two then like Dele Alli he will...not be playing well? I don't see any value at all in the comparison, it's just lazy.

Rashford had a reasonable year. Not great, certainly performance wise, but he made an impact amid injury and was important to us. He's had a similar start this year. It's concerning for sure but absolutely no need to imagine that he's going to become a complete non-entity in the manner of Dele. It's something we need to get to the bottom of rather than panicking or thinking he's going to be redundant.

He may or may not ever become a world class talent as was the hope, but that's not the only way he can be extremely useful to us.

Corridor of Uncertainty

At his current rate of regression he'll be a decent Vanarama National League player by the time he's 28.

Shocking form, every thing that goes through him nowadays breaks down. And no injuries to blame either.

UncleBob

Not sure what people are on about. Rashford, numbers wise, had a solid contribution up until christmas in the 20/21 season. After that, 4 goals and 5 assists in 1560 mins of Premier League football, in what ended up being a poor return given his previous seasons. Performance wise, it was fairly fecking shit as well for very long periods, but holding out on surgery was always a plausible excuse.

So far in the Premier League, we're talking 2 goals and 1 assist in 496 mins and his performances have dropped off a cliff. 6 goals, 7 assists, 2056 mins of football, 31 matches. It's easier to get a hard on from an elderly woman slipping on ice. A Marcus Rashford being a constant threat, but not being directly involved in goals, is a whole lot better than a Marcus Rashford being constantly shit but ending up with a goal, now we don't even get the goals.

Unless he improves his performances, his stats will continue to fall, and him looking like a potential world class player a few years ago doesn't really matter much now. Either he sorts himself the feck out or he'll follow Alli and Martial, a short lived top period for players who looked like they would dominate for top teams but fell on their arses and never made it to the top.

Like Bruno, he needs to stop thinking it's all about himself

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Looked like his head was in a different place entirely.
He's looked like that for months. And I hate saying that because it's such an obvious thing to throw at a player - particularly Rashford - but it's true. His passing and his touch are awful. His concentration levels just aren't there, and he's playing like he can't be arsed. Now, I know that's obviously not true because the man loves this club, but that's his demeanor due to the fact that his head is seemingly not in the game at the moment.

I'm not worried for the long term because I still rate him highly, but he obviously needs dropping both for him and, most importantly, the team. I'd be shocked if he started the next game.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
There was an interesting bit of play around the 25th minute where he gets pulled from his shirt. It was nowhere near enough to go down but he completely stopped and started complaining to the ref and left the Norwich defender and Krul under no pressure at all.

@GifLord

FattyFooty

"Last 2 seasons his record is as good as Mane" did you miss this point?

Yes, we need elite attackers, if Rashford is not good enough then none of the ManUtd attackers are good enough as they contributed less than him in last 2 years.

Also I said this many times "Player x is not good enough if we want to win the league" is nonsense, no offense btw. How many said Henderson was league and CL winning midfielder before Klopp took over? How many said that about Salah, Mane when they were just signed for Liverpool? If only manager and team winning trophies had some correlation.
This tread is about Rashford. And he played last night. So its kinda him im discussing. And yes, i do think we have more players than him that maybe need to up their game.

You are the one braught a list about how good he was. I just dont think that is Elite player stats. (Which its pretty far away from too)

roonster09

Scout
This tread is about Rashford. And he played last night. So its kinda him im discussing. And yes, i do think we have more players than him that maybe need to up their game.

You are the one braught a list about how good he was. I just dont think that is Elite player stats. (Which its pretty far away from too)
Yeah because the post I quoted was "He scored just 60 league goals", so yes list should be posted to show where he stands with those 60 goals.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I’m always inclined to defend him but have to admit he pissed me off a lot with his performance yesterday. I think it was the stupid shoulder keepy uppy pass early on that soured it for me. Rare to see such an obvious example of a footballer favouring styles over substance. And it didn’t get any better from there.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Rashford has always been at his best when running into open spaces. He gets crowded out against deep-lying opposition. I reckon he's also not a striker as his best games tend to be as an inverted winger. I'm not sure anyone in the team covered themselves in glory over the last few games. Fred and De Gea are the only exceptions.

stw2022

As ever with Rashford stats from the past will apparently prove to everyone he won’t be as bad in the next game as watching him play would suggest

roonster09

Scout
As usual the dumb post arguing against imaginary points, no wonder I had to add disclaimer. Not surprising too.

Before someone jumps up with usual "Goals assists lolzy", first read the post quoted.

Footyislife

Rashford is one dimensional and he would not start on any of the other top 3 sides as is. He's excellent with running off the ball and dangerous on the counter. However he absolutely is terrible at linking up play. If you watch the game yesterday 95% of the time he had to make a pivotal decision or pass, he ultimately made the wrong one. This has not changed or been impacted by the injury. It's just basics which he has never mastered. If he took the time to practice that instead of the stupid free kicks or long shots he'd be a generational talent. But that's where you need a coach to come in and tell him that.

siw2007

Rashford’s situation is sad and frustrating. In 2019 he was our mini Ronaldo - fast, strong, dynamic, skilful and exciting. In the space of 18 months, he is a shadow of his former self. His pace has diminished, he is physically weak and doesn’t have the same energy and drive he had before.

As I’m not an expert, I don’t know the answer. I can speculate that the injuries he has accumulated over the years have set his body back a long way and he isn’t in as good shape as he was before. I can’t to believe that his off field work has taken the attention and hunger away from his football. The only solution I can think of is to drop him out of the team and stick him in the gym to build up his physical conditioning again.

FattyFooty

Yeah because the post I quoted was "He scored just 60 league goals", so yes list should be posted to show where he stands with those 60 goals.
Yeah stats dont tell the whole story, but yeah if we go by that list. Its far from the Elite of the premier league. And if many of the minutes are as a sub, where he runs against tired legs.

I stand my on this, this is not a top club attacker.

If you think he will become Salah good under Ralf then its good for you. And if he actually becomes that good its good for me too. :)

Bebestation

Yeah stats dont tell the whole story, but yeah if we go by that list. Its far from the Elite of the premier league. And if many of the minutes are as a sub, where he runs against tired legs.

I stand my on this, this is not a top club attacker.

If you think he will become Salah good under Ralf then its good for you. And if he actually becomes that good its good for me too. :)
Do you even remember how Salah played for Chelsea?

Salah ended up leaving the league at the age of 24 because he was simply not good enough.

Rashford at the same age has performed to a different level.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
Seen him compared to Saint Maximin on here yesterday. What a disservice that's doing to him who can beat men for fun while Rashford has the touch of an elephant and who's tactic seems to be to run straight into defenders and see if the rebound bounces kind

Status
Not open for further replies.