4.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zlatanator

He’s been utter garbage since his return, how he keeps getting starts I’ll never know. I know none of our attackers have set the world alight lately but give me Greenwood or Sancho over him any day at the moment.
I think he's really good in the training field compared to others and that just says how others are compared to him.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It might enrage quite a few on here, but I seriously don’t think he’s good enough for the PL, never mind clubs like WHU or Everton.
He never was really.
Having watched a lot of the championship last season with my boys Wycombe, I think you've gone too far there.
You don't score as many as he has for United, or exist as a regular for United without having something about you.

It's like when people slated Lingard in the same way, then he showed up at West Ham and had a big impact.
Rashford is more talented than Lingard too.

the chameleon

As I've said previously in this thread: I think the back injury has robbed him of his agility and explosiveness from a standing start, but the biggest concern of all with Rashford for me is that he either has no understanding of the team game, or he's not interested in it outside of a few link-ups per game. This is something that should improve season upon season for any player, but instead, as his physical ailments have worsened, he's gone backwards in this aspect as well, as he's trying to overcompensate and make even more solo/yolo runs now.

He tends to pass or cross as a last resort or because he's run out of space to continue a dribble; he rarely passes to players who are in better positions than him first and foremost and it's both maddening and concerning because there is no excuse for it. Players lose bits of their physical prowess all the time, particularly extremely fast wingers and forwards, but they adapt and change how they play, Rashford isn't even trying to do that and it doesn't seem like anyone at the club is forcing him to, either, and that, over anything else, should not be allowed to continue as he's detrimental to the team and kills so many attacks by not having any wits about him.

We have a number of players who do not see team-mates as foils - this is not a Rashford-only problem, but he is, without a doubt, the worst for it because he'd rather run down blind alleys than pass the ball, and he does it frequently enough for it to be something every single person watching him can be aware of and expect. That also means he is really easy for opposition managers to plan for and use an exploit to get at us, because on top of that blind alley running, when dispossessed, he is not bursting blood vessels trying to win the ball back, to the contrary, he'll stand there like it's not his job or responsibility to get that ball back, which usually leads to carries of over 40-50 yards up the pitch before that player or bunch of players face any impedance whatsoever.

At the moment, he's not just an offensive disaster - he's a complete defensive liability as well.
Same, been saying this on many occasions, the back injury has really stifled him. A lot of blame has to go on Ole. He was repeatedly playing people before they fully recovered or just playing people to the ground. All to save his own ass> he could have rotated a bit more, but just kept playing Rashford.

This was the interview after the FA Cup tie in January 2020, after we lost to Liverpool, Rashford was carrying a knock from that game and clearly should not have played in the FA Cup game 3 days later. Under a wiser manager, I think this period would have been managed better and Rashford not played to ground. Due to this we now have a liability of a player. I really hope he recovers, but he has a mountain to climb both mentally and physically.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Having watched a lot of the championship last season with my boys Wycombe, I think you've gone too far there.
You don't score as many as he has for United, or exist as a regular for United without having something about you.

It's like when people slated Lingard in the same way, then he showed up at West Ham and had a big impact.
Yeah Rashford is plenty good for a PL side, but at this point he isn't good enough for any of the top 4 contenders besides West Ham. Somewhere like there he would be allowed to freelance and just play in space on the counter without the pressure of being expected to make the right decisions constantly since he'd be the focal point of attacks instead.

His role with us right now should only be as a sub to come on against tired defenders for the last quarter of a game or so.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Same, been saying this on many occasions, the back injury has really stifled him. A lot of blame has to go on Ole. He was repeatedly playing people before they fully recovered or just playing people to the ground. All to save his own ass> he could have rotated a bit more, but just kept playing Rashford.

This was the interview after the FA Cup tie in January 2020, after we lost to Liverpool, Rashford was carrying a knock from that game and clearly should not have played in the FA Cup game 3 days later. Under a wiser manager, I think this period would have been managed better and Rashford not played to ground. Due to this we now have a liability of a player. I really hope he recovers, but he has a mountain to climb both mentally and physically.
I agree that Ole tended to let players run themselves into the ground, but honestly that back injury was always going to be an issue. Back issues don't really go away, and it was just a question of whether he could still keep his explosiveness after it which he clearly hasn't.

GL21

Since Marcus 'made it' his form declined to where it is now...shite. the dickhead poodle hair cut and arrogant strut infuriates me when I think back to the hungry young prospect of before. Was always the first to defend him knowing the importance of an academy product but as mentioned by someone above he needs a long stint on the bench. What a gullable idiot I was a few years back saying he could be equal to Kylian Mbappe, d'oh. I'm frustrated like most in this thread but probably in truth would be all for 1 last attempt to get him on song again. After that I'd be happy if he made way for squad opportunities and reducing our ridiculous salaries

Kopral Jono

If you browse through my posts you'll see that I don't rate Rashford in the slightest bit, but last night he was the only one who I thought looked dangerous going forward!

lex talionis

Rashford was horrifying last night. Lots of energetic body motion, but no end product whatsoever.

For his own development but more importantly for team cohesion he should dropped and slowly reintegrated into the XI, provided his substitute appearances warrant it. The back injury has left him a bit wrecked but we’ve seen other professional athletes come back from bad injuries.

SATA

I genuinely think lots of managers in the big clubs would want Rashford in their teams if we decide to sell him tomorrow

sosolid4u09

One of the worst consistent starters we've ever had up front. He never gets dropped. It makes me absolutely sick seeing the starting line ups week in week out. He has like 3 good games in 50

atkar83

Which is fine, but if this team wants to compete for the PL title, we can't have a player take 15 games to get into form. No top team can wait for someone like him to sort out the kinks when he brings little else to the table (leadership, pressing, defending, passing, possession, etc). We already have Bruno and Ronaldo that are almost useless outside of scoring opportunities

C'est Moi Cantona

He's clearly looking good in training to start over Sancho and stay on over Greenwood.

Much as every outfield player was crap last night so it's harsh to single him out, he's just so frustrating, but maybe he just looked better than he was, or simply hasn't 'trained on' to the player we thought he might be. I just don't know, he's a hard player to work out how good actually is.

Satsuma United

Looks like Rashford will not improve the way we thought, many say his off the pitch activities did not affect his development well in my opinion they did.

At his age he should be the real deal and he actually went backwards.

He could have got to the top in football instead he chose to be famous for off the pitch charity wich is great if you are retired.

Elite footballers are 100% focused on football. Marcus is not and we all can see it.

Abraxas

Some utter nonsense being spouted. Championship standard. Not good enough for Everton? Come on, if he was on the market there would be a queue round the block as he has been a productive player for us and he's still young enough for teams to think they could get a tune out of him.

But he needs to massively improve every aspect at the moment. Starting from the lethargy that has entered his performances. It's inexplicable. If we can't extract something more over the next season or two we'll be testing the theory of whether he's a desirable player from a far worse position.

UncleBob

Some utter nonsense being spouted. Championship standard. Not good enough for Everton? Come on, if he was on the market there would be a queue round the block as he has been a productive player for us and he's still young enough for teams to think they could get a tune out of him.

But he needs to massively improve every aspect at the moment. Starting from the lethargy that has entered his performances. It's inexplicable. If we can't extract something more over the next season or two we'll be testing the theory of whether he's a desirable player from a far worse position.

Hasn't been a productive player during 2021, 6 goals and 7 assist in 2146 mins

Saint-Maximin has 5 goals 6 assists during 2021, 2603 mins, for a relegation candidate.

Jericholyte2

Does anyone have a gif or video of the bit with him and McTominay when the ball went between the two and he had a strop, throwing his arms in the air?

united for life

Looks like Rashford will not improve the way we thought, many say his off the pitch activities did not affect his development well in my opinion they did.

At his age he should be the real deal and he actually went backwards.

He could have got to the top in football instead he chose to be famous for off the pitch charity wich is great if you are retired.

Elite footballers are 100% focused on football. Marcus is not and we all can see it.
i do not agree with this at all. To do what he’s done, at such a young age, is inspirational and i as many respect that a lot. It’s not about him choosing to be famous off the pitch, it’s about him giving back to society which is honorable.

Back to football, he’s below average at the moment. He seems to be unfocused, his facial expressions show that he is mentally struggling. He is also asked to keep changing positions. Right, left, center. This doesnt help. He is lacking the confidence needed. He needs to work harder. Probably some time warming the bench wont hurt him

Born2Lose

Noticed this last night, seems the only people that can't spot how trash he is at the minute is the coaching staff.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus

Noticed this last night, seems the only people that can't spot how trash he is at the minute is the coaching staff.
That was incredible. Two players out on the wing, ready to counter and he threads the ball between the two of them perfectly out for a throw.

It takes effort to be that fecking shite.

Abraxas

Hasn't been a productive player during 2021, 6 goals and 7 assist in 2146 mins

Saint-Maximin has 5 goals 6 assists during 2021, 2603 mins, for a relegation candidate.
I'm aware. He has been a productive player over the years. Which leads me to the conclusion that yes he would be desirable on the market.

Also if anything 6 goals and 7 assists is not really a huge point to attack him with as based on his performances it feels as though it should be a lot worse. Especially given Saint Maximin is getting all kinds of praise whereas Rashford is at completely the opposite end of the spectrum, people are questioning if he's a PL footballer. Rashford is generally productive despite playing awfully, which is probably why there are vastly different standards expected for the two players.

Giggsyking

He is my favorite player at the club. But he needs a rest on the bench to find his form back

Banat

I don't think it's solely injury-related/out form issue.
He has a look of a guy with some personal, non-football related problems, like hes battling some sort of depression.
He looks devoid of any feelings on the pitch, can't remember last time I'v seen him show any emotion (be it laughing, arguing with someone etc), excluding PR training pics where everything is staged.

UncleBob

I'm aware. He has been a productive player over the years. Which leads me to the conclusion that yes he would be desirable on the market.

Also if anything 6 goals and 7 assists is not really a huge point to attack him with as based on his performances it feels as though it should be a lot worse. Especially given Saint Maximin is getting all kinds of praise whereas Rashford is at completely the opposite end of the spectrum, people are questioning if he's a PL footballer. Rashford is generally productive despite playing awfully, which is probably why there are vastly different standards expected for the two players.
I don’t rate Maximin at all. His understanding of the game seems to be piss poor, but he has good skills with the ball so he’ll nutmeg a few players and ignore the easy pass to a teammate in a good position before running the ball over the line.

Shimo

Really have to wonder what is going through his head at the moment. For a period of time there was so much promise - he had games where he was unplayable. Not just taking players on but combined well in and around the box and if nothing was coming off - he would at least work his socks off going backwards or chasing down the ball.

Now it seems like he has a sulk every time something doesn’t work or if he gets the ball and he can’t make magic then stands on ball and passes in a huff. And no work rate either.

I ask wonder what is going through his head because you don’t even need to be a footballing genius to watch the game and see all the blatant issues. Not making one simple pass a game can happen but 2 or more at the level expected of a player at this club. As a born and bred United man, he should understand this more than anyone - should be demanding it of himself and others. Doing it game after game and not correcting it, seriously question both ability and desire.

Hoof the ball

There was a moment in about 15 mins of the first half where Rashford on the wing just sort of kicked it right at the opposition full-back and it went for a throw-in. Ronaldo afterwards could be seen shouting, "Rashford. What the f*** was that?!"

:lol:

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Rashford has been incredibly poor this season but I do feel he's being scapegoated a tad here. Other than the goalkeeper I wouldn't give anyone above 5 out of 10 for the season so far.

Rashford does deserve to be dropped but sadly the 1 or 2 players who are likely to replace him aren't playing well either.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
Rashford has been incredibly poor this season but I do feel he's being scapegoated a tad here. Other than the goalkeeper I wouldn't give anyone above 5 out of 10 for the season so far.

Rashford does deserve to be dropped but sadly the 1 or 2 players who are likely to replace him aren't playing well either.
He's been poor since late 2020. But all was forgiven cause he was carrying an injury :houllier:

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
He's been poor since late 2020. But all was forgiven cause he was carrying an injury :houllier:
Maybe but last season him and Bruno were the main reason we came 2nd.

just shows how bad everyone else is really.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
Maybe but last season him and Bruno were the main reason we came 2nd.

just shows how bad everyone else is really.
His stats last season in EPL
After 10 games 3 goals and 4 assists
After 20 games 7 goals and 6 assists
After 30 games 10 goals and 9 assists

Does this sound like a player who carried us?

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
His stats last season in EPL
After 10 games 3 goals and 4 assists
After 20 games 7 goals and 6 assists
After 30 games 10 goals and 9 assists

Does this sound like a player who carried us?
He scored 20 goals in all competitions and got 11 assists from the left.

That's a more than decent return mate. Look at the numbers the squad have this season by comparison. It just shows how underated those numbers are.

Sancho has two goals and Zero assists and it's the 29th December.

RuudTom83

His attributes suit a counter attacking style...a style United want to more away from for the foreseeably future atleast.

Tough days ahead for Rashford, but you can only hope he finds his place in the new system eventually

RepardReece

He scored 20 goals in all competitions and got 11 assists from the left.

That's a more than decent return mate. Look at the numbers the squad have this season by comparison. It just shows how underated those numbers are.

Sancho has two goals and Zero assists and it's the 29th December.
It's a decent return but to me, he didn't do much else than that, and for a winger that's just not good enough. Fair enough Sancho hasn't provided a lot goals-wise thus far (even though in his defense before Rangnick he's had very little game time), but I can see he provides so much more in build up play, and off the ball too. Build-up play-wise, the majority of the time I just see Rashford run into a defender and lose the ball, and then off the ball he's just very lazy. I wasn't happy with him last year either, and you could probably find that in my post history, but a lot here took a bite at me for saying it cos he was getting a goal/assist to hide the fact his performance was absolutely shocking.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
It's a decent return but to me, he didn't do much else than that, and for a winger that's just not good enough. Fair enough Sancho hasn't provided a lot goals-wise thus far (even though in his defense before Rangnick he's had very little game time), but I can see he provides so much more in build up play, and off the ball too. Build-up play-wise, the majority of the time I just see Rashford run into a defender and lose the ball, and then off the ball he's just very lazy. I wasn't happy with him last year either, and you could probably find that in my post history, but a lot here took a bite at me for saying it cos he was getting a goal/assist to hide the fact his performance was absolutely shocking.
Sancho gave the ball away 14 times in 45 mins the other night. Rashford only 6 more times in the full 90.

This Sancho offers more is utter BS. He's hardly offering anything. The truth is neither should be playing in the first 11. Both have been awful.

Marwood

He's not being scapegoated when almost every other player is also getting slaughtered.

The one or 2 who could replace him need the run of games that's been afforded to Rashford. He's been really poor throughout 2021. Time somebody else got the same chance to get some form.

Status
Not open for further replies.