I’m sure we will still field a worthy team

Irwin99

embarrassing reading comments thinking it’s over in the final
Bournemouth and westham did ok against Newcastle without rashford
I'm guessing if Rashford is out it will be:

Antony Bruno Sancho
Weghorst

It doesn't look nearly as threatening it has to be said but maybe it will be a very tight game where one goal wins it. Sancho and Weghorst will play better than they did yesterday i'm sure of that, it'll be a different kind of game intensity against a very different opponent.

Pilko

embarrassing reading comments thinking it’s over in the final
Bournemouth and westham did ok against Newcastle without rashford
Whats more embaressing is the amount of fans that dont think he ll play

Rolaholic

Hoping he'll be the catalyst to adding more trophies to that haul this season

Sylar

I've never heard anyone claim we'd have won it in 2012. Or even 2013 (when we had been a moments team all season) . In 2012 though we were genuinely a very good team with our main striker having an absolutely insane season. And Bayern were arguably the best team left in the competition. And we had thrashed them 3-0 in the first half at OT. Its reasonable to think we could have won it all that year.
3-1. Carrick decided that was the day he would have his worst game for us

Theonas

Scout
Anyone else starting to wonder if through the middle might actually be becoming his best position now? It seems he's getting in to the game more from there now and is freed up from having to do so much defensive work. You also need your best attacking player getting near to goal consistently.
I thought that we better off getting another skillful pacey forward like Leão or even better still Kvaratskhelia and have an interchangeable front three with a striking force of Rashford, Sancho, Garnacho, Antony and maybe Weghorst instead of trying to force the centre forward issue. The best two performing teams in the country the past few years played without a traditional 9 and even our best team in the late '00s did without one.

We were less dangerous overall with RvN and the same happened with Berbatov whereas the jury is still out on how City will adapt to Haaland, arguably the best pure number 9 in the world. Not saying at all that it doesn't work as Benzema and Lewandowski would have something to say about that. I just don't understand the obsession that it's a must when there is plenty of evidence elsewhere that you can be more dangerous without one.

Sylar

3-1. Carrick decided that was the day he would have his worst game for us
It's not, but Carrick had a shitty game. And was horrible for both goals. First he decided to become the last man, play the dude onside and then was weak in challenge.
Second he came out and then for some reason diving slid into robben when if he didn't he probably ends up taking it in the chest.

One of Nanis best game.

Man Utd 2:0 Newcastle

footballbite

He looks like he definitely needs a bit of a rest again, give Sancho and or Garnacho a start against West Ham during the week.

I also seems a bit more effective and less wasted through the middle than stuck out on the left at the moment.

Sylar

He looks like he definitely needs a bit of a rest again, give Sancho and or Garnacho a start against West Ham during the week.

I also seems a bit more effective and less wasted through the middle than stuck out on the left at the moment.
I think out wide he will look better when we have martial back for five minutes. But he defo looked more a threat today once he went down the middle (and recent games too)

Can see him starting as a sub v west ham

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
He is fine, but needs some rest and definitely need other players to bring defenders on them, because neither are anywhere near dangerous as him. As someone said, Martial can't come back soon enough, even though I have lost any hope in him.

OldSchoolManc

Shouldn’t have had the goal taken off him. Not like the defender was kicking it into his own goal

Zlaatan

Parody Account
I don't know if the control+pass to Wout before the goal was on purpose or not but I'm going to say it was just because it makes it one of the greatest passes I've ever seen.

BorisManUtd

Very good in the build up for that 2nd goal. Not that good in the 2nd half I thought. Definitely needs a rest vs West Ham and then start him vs Liverpool next Sunday.

lex talionis

Ran through a physiological brick wall. Epic performance given what his body has gone through the last few months.

fergosaurus

He's fecking brilliant. How much are we going to need to offer him to tie him down to a long-term contract? :nervous:

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
At what point scoring just one goal per game won't be enough?

edit: didn't realize that they've given it to OG. Poor decision.

saivet

I hope he's not even in the match day squad midweek. He looks shattered and despite him still being good in front of goal, I feel like his performances are dropping too

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I will never accept that goal as an OG, he scored in a final and feck you to anyone who says otherwise

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Yep. I think he'll realise staying under ETH's coaching will be sensible for his development. Hopefully we can get a deal sorted soon.
Oh there's no doubt from me that he knows that. He's got 1.5 years left and I'm sure they're negotiating, but also think there's virtually no chance he doesn't stay. Just getting the details right

fergosaurus

Oh there's no doubt from me that he knows that. He's got 1.5 years left and I'm sure they're negotiating, but also think there's virtually no chance he doesn't stay. Just getting the details right
Think so too. He's put himself into a really strong negotiating position with his recent form, world class at the minute.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Such a good big game player though. He may not continue to be this prolific in future seasons but something that's always stuck around is stepping it up when it matters most. Nothing better in football than that

Status
Not open for further replies.