Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

izec

Sell sell sell.

However, i think he is using PSG for a new shiny contract at United. He is not going there to sit on the bench.

Godfather

This will never happen unfortunately. He needs a new contract so all of a sudden other clubs are interested in him... Agent driven nonsense

edcunited1878

There's a club option for a further year, but selling him would be a very bold and reasonable decision if it were to happen. Feel like the club has too much sentiment for a player like Marcus to truly move him on, even if from a footballing POV, it would be good business.

jasT1981

Next weeks headline - Man Utd sign Marcus Rashford to a new 5 year, double your pay deal.

Byline - It is hoped that by offering him a new contract Man Utd will be able to sell the player for £100m

Shinjch

Could be the best opportunity possible to get a good fee for a player that hasn't performed for far too long. I would cash in if a good bid comes in.

saik

If it's true, no issues with letting him go. We can move Sancho to the left where he is better anyway and use the funds to sign some RW or just throw the dosh at Ajax for Antony.

Paul778

anyone know a website that lists cost per goal for EPL strikers? (annual salary divided by goals). i imagine rashford would be one of the most expensive

Nick7

Selling him now would be an utter fecking disaster. We already need an attacking player, there’s no way we would get two in by the end of the window.

Blood Mage

Would be a great move for all parties. Rashford gets a chance to revitalise his career in a weaker league, we no longer have to put up with his sulking and laziness while PSG get themselves another highly marketable asset. Just take the money while he still has value United, it's not going to work out for Rashford here.

Thiagoal

As others have said this reeks of Rashford’s camp trying to boost his image and frighten us into giving him a bumper new deal. Let’s face it, based on the last two years form he is in a very weak bargaining position

LARulz

Happily sell him if we get a good few for him. He should be commanding a big fee (not through performance but name). We should take PSG to cleaners - he is still young, has talent (somewhere), marketable and is late in the window

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
There's a club option for a further year, but selling him would be a very bold and reasonable decision if it were to happen. Feel like the club has too much sentiment for a player like Marcus to truly move him on, even if from a footballing POV, it would be good business.
Think about how badly we froze and caved on Lingard and Henderson and how much we were offering Pogba to stay? Yeah it’ll be more of the same. A contract fit for a world class performer while we get ripped off. Protect the almost non existent value at all costs. Beats having to go into the market and actually try and improve the teams performance and draw a line in the sand that we don’t hand out huge contracts for mediocrity

Apokalips

I would trigger the contract option and then sell him either now or next summer if he continues on his current trajectory.

Pirlo'sBeard

This is the time to get rid of him.

We'll get a healthy fee and he's been brutal for a long time.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
I don't think there's any chance we sell him this summer. He could well go on a free next year.

pseudo_canadian

I don’t understand the angling for a new deal argument. He’s been god awful for practically 2 years, he has no bargaining leverage.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
These news makes absolutely no sense to me. He'd be playing on the pitch where we already have Mbappé, Neymar or Ekitike. And according to pretty much all previous reports, he's the opposite of the profile we were looking for.

saik

This is getting a lot of traction now, best open up a thread in the transfer forum?

Chief123

I would seriously consider selling. I dare say he’s in the process of going Dele Alli on us and we’ve still got time on our side to get a decentish fee for him.
Dele Alli is who comes to mind when I think of Rashford now. I’m not sure which was has fallen more though.

stw2022

He's not getting his bum licked after the last performance so PSG are interested. Maybe Liverpool might ring again? He's getting offers left right and centre so don't we all feel stupid for calling him shit?

All this is. All this ever is. The ego has been bruised so press leaks to prove actually he's bloody brilliant because look at all the great clubs who want to sign him. Look out for stories about how many hours a day he trains or an Instagram post with him perspiring heavily

Greck

Imo isn't merely suffering a poor run of form. The conditions that made him what he is were never going to be sustained. Rashford's limitations were always so glaring it's actually admirable he got star status with them present. The club might be closer to progress if it purged everything it remembers from those two seasons under Ole. Instead of improving are stuck trying to get an entire starting 11 to get back to 2020 form.

pseudo_canadian

He's not getting his bum licked after the last performance so PSG are interested. Maybe Liverpool might ring again? He's getting offers left right and centre so don't we all feel stupid for calling him shit?

All this is. All this ever is. The ego has been bruised so press leaks to prove actually he's bloody brilliant because look at all the great clubs who want to sign him
:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.