Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Rashford's transfer will force our hand to buy well. Exciting times
Except I'm not sure we have the balls to sell him.

I would. He's gone full Deli Ali and is a pale shadow of his former self, yet somehow on huge wages. No sensible business would keep this asset.

amolbhatia50k

Did Rashford's agent come out with this story about PSG, because there's no way they are seriously going for him.
Wouldn't surprise me. We are as usual ripe for being taken advantage of.

TheLord

Is Rashford in a slump or in decline? He's putting more effort in but still looking shorn of confidence and skill. Let ETH work his magic on him, see if he gets back to his best. If not, ship out in January.
This kind of unfounded optimism has cost the club big time over the last decade. We put too much hope on non-performing players and they run down contracts or leave for dirt cheap fees. His association with United has clearly not worked out. He should have been sold by now. It wasn't long ago when we could have sold him for £75m; no sane club will offer more than £30m now, I'd think.

(P.S. His contact ends next year and we have the option of triggering a one-year extension.)

amolbhatia50k

Is Rashford in a slump or in decline? He's putting more effort in but still looking shorn of confidence and skill. Let ETH work his magic on him, see if he gets back to his best. If not, ship out in January.
Nobody will pay for him in Jan. Although I'm skeptical as to why anyone would pay decent money for him now. We could extend his contract by a year but we'd be obligated to pay him his huge wages for another year.

Frank Grimes

This was the year Rashford had to get his head down and play well to earn a contract extension. Instead his brother is negotiating a contract with Psg after 1 game of the season.

You swear he was good, guys been beyond terrible for 18 months and literally gave up for the last 4 months of last season.

OmarUnited4ever

He has a contract up to June 2023 with an option for another year.

The club does not need to rush and offer him a new contract, and if there is a buyer, who would give up £60M or more, then I am supportive of this transfer, we can switch Sancho to LW and focus on getting a new RW (Antony?).

I do not discount the links to PSG, I think they held a firm interest in Rashford for a while.

Could it be a marketing move from PSG? that would be the only explanation, as Rashford was in shit form for 2 years.

talking robot

I wonder if this will affect Ten Hag's reasoning about whether or not to select him against Brentford.

Wing Attack Plan R

This kind of unfounded optimism has cost the club big time over the last decade. We put too much hope on non-performing players and they run down contracts or leave for dirt cheap fees. His association with United has clearly not worked out. He should have been sold by now. It wasn't long ago when we could have sold him for £75m; no sane club will offer more than £30m now, I'd think.

(P.S. His contact ends next year and we have the option of triggering a one-year extension.)
The money is already spent on Rashford. If we play him for the next few months before the World Cup break, and he starts playing well, we can either sell him for more or he's earned a new contract. Whatever fee we could get now (£40? £50) is going to be about the same if we trigger his contract extension and sell him in January, maybe £10 or £15 less? Is it worth £10 to see if Rashford can start playing football again? The dude was a very good player not too long ago, he's only 25 (October), and the new manager has a reputation for turning good players into very good players. I don't think it's wise to sell players after one poor season. How many more games would you give him to turn it around, or would you rather just sell him now? In the middle of last season when we were the worst we've ever been, who do you think would have been interested in buying him, and for how much?

TheLord

He has been bad for at least two seasons with an occasional good performance in between many dreadful ones. We should have cashed in at the end of last season.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I was being kind.

He's been atrocious for far longer than the last two seasons.

Even at his best in 2019-20, he was still inconsistent and relying on penalties to bump up his goalscoring. The only player I can think of who has regressed as far back as Rashford in recent years is Dele Alli. That's his level.
So you're saying when he was at his best - in 2019-20 (two years ago) he was also atrocious? Even if you minus the Penalties it was 15 goals and 12 assists in 44 games... I don't see how that can be described as "atrocious"

Even the first half of the 2020/2021 season he had 14 goals 6 assists in 24 games... and was again, not in any way "atrocious"

Rashford has been terrible for 18 months... I don't have any clue why people feel the need to extend that period, or are so convinced that he can never ever be good again (not necessarily saying you're saying that but that does seem to be a prevailing opinion)

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
He has a contract up to June 2023 with an option for another year.

The club does not need to rush and offer him a new contract, and if there is a buyer, who would give up £60M or more, then I am supportive of this transfer, we can switch Sancho to LW and focus on getting a new RW (Antony?).

I do not discount the links to PSG, I think they held a firm interest in Rashford for a while.

Could it be a marketing move from PSG? that would be the only explanation, as Rashford was in shit form for 2 years.
PSG are done making marketing moves now. To me it just reeks of Rashford's agent trying to gain some leverage in negotiations.

Maybe his agent and PSG are meeting, but it won't go anywhere. They can report on it as much as they want, I feel very confident in saying there is no chance we will see Rashford in Paris. He's too expensive, not good enough to get in the team on a regular basis, and he's just not been productive at all. Why would PSG shell out even 30m for him with a big wage for someone who, at best, will be coming off the bench? Because that's his ceiling at PSG right now, and there's no way he'd be happy with that when he can stink it up for years at United and still get a starting job.

clarkydaz

I know he's been awful.

I know he was never world class even at his best.

But I would really feel very sad if he left.
Feels like the last bit of soul getting ripped out of the club.
What? He's an average footballer gone down route of Pogba/Lingard chasing off field PR celebrity.

Greck

The disappointing thing is constantly making media moves before even ending one of the worse runs of form we've seen in a while. It doesn't actually take much to earn a new contract at the club, just bring the bare minimum once every few weeks and your wages will be doubled.

Jimmah

I'd rather have Garnacho playing on the left than Rashford at the moment despite how raw he is, at least he looks hungry to play, Rashford still looks devoid of confidence. If there's an opportunity to get some money for him that means we can strengthen elsewhere then they should sell up.

Oldtraffordboy

What? He's an average footballer gone down route of Pogba/Lingard chasing off field PR celebrity.
Because he was born in Manchester, raised in the same area I was, , joined the club when he was 7, and seems a decent person.
If you can't understand that connection, then I can't help you.

Find people getting angry at "PR" hilarious tbh. Babies.

clarkydaz

Because he was born in Manchester, raised in the same area I was, , joined the club when he was 7, and seems a decent person.

ok you said nothing about the player he is, you like him on sentiment. Despite what youve typed above he has been talking with PSG. local lad, gets the club etc

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member

Yet you're the one sentimental about him in non-footballing ways.

Shark

@NotShark

Despite all of that he can't hit a barn door and can't beat a man on the pitch no matter who he's up against. If he had even one solid attribute that he used to benefit the team he wouldn't be getting stick. Problem is he's doing nothing right, is on outrageous wages and his PR team does everything to portray him as a superstar who's been doing it for years.

Based Adnan

Agreed. Lets get Devonte Redmond back whilst we're at it.

van Nistelrooy

So you're saying when he was at his best - in 2019-20 (two years ago) he was also atrocious? Even if you minus the Penalties it was 15 goals and 12 assists in 44 games... I don't see how that can be described as "atrocious"

Even the first half of the 2020/2021 season he had 14 goals 6 assists in 24 games... and was again, not in any way "atrocious"

Rashford has been terrible for 18 months... I don't have any clue why people feel the need to extend that period, or are so convinced that he can never ever be good again (not necessarily saying you're saying that but that does seem to be a prevailing opinion)
I'm not saying he can't ever be good again, but we are seeing a worrying pattern of excuses being made for him over the years.

Following his breakthrough season, he didn't kick on as much as we all hoped and expected as United and England's brightest hope for a long time.

First excuses were that he was young and being over played. The last couple of seasons the excuse has been that he's been playing injured. He comes back from surgery and a rest having the worst season of his career. I find that paired with his complete lack of enthusiasm and happiness on the football pitch a major worry. It's this that gives me concern about whether he will ever become good and find some consistency.

Rashford being offered a new contract with a pay rise would be completely baffling. Shows performances and form are completely irrelevant at the club.

MoskvaRed

He’s just not that good. Trying to play the club for a big contract when he is Welbeck level (and, based on the last 12 months, that’s very harsh on Danny).

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Still believe there's a player there. Given our paucity of CFs, surely there's a world where we train him in that role? He's big, fast and has lost some of his winger magic. So could we not at least try him upfront? That's where he started in the youth team.

From my point of view, we can't afford a whole new squad, he's not amazing out wide left so why not give it a go up top. Even a half fit Rashford has shown more than, for example, Elanga or Eriksen ever have at CF.

Replenish

There seriously needs to be an investigation as to if he and Maguire have some form of agreement with the board that they will play/stay on the pitch, hence the manager has to play them.

There's no other reason to explain why they remain in the side.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
There were worse than him, shown some effort at times.

kiristao

He doesn't make runs, he doesn't run past people, he doesn't put in a cross and he doesnt put in effort in defense. What exactly is he doing on the pitch?

el3mel

Let's pray to God PSG weren't watching today.

Quick, sell to these idiots before they change their minds.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
Sorry Rashford but If you're actually going through depression then get a sick note and stay at home.

dove

PSG my arse... Looks closer to retiring than joining PSG.

Status
Not open for further replies.