6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

DevTheRed

He isn’t a striker.. doesn’t have the hold up play, the strength or the know how to play there. Should be back up LW and that’s it for now.

Doracle

Only saw the first half but he played well. Created a few chances and was generally involved in most of our most threatening play. Looked a bit isolated most of the time though as Sancho struggled to get involved and Elanga couldn’t quite find the quality needed.

Will be good to have Martial back (words I never thought I’d say) as playing both Rashford and Sancho out of position isn’t ideal. The link up between Rashford and Martial is always strong and with Antony and Sancho competing for the RW berth the frontline will start to look promising.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

He is a bit frustrating. Physically he got all the attributes to terrorize defenders, but his passing and positional awareness are woeful at times.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Nice assist, but his general play is awful. Really struggling to understand what's happened to him. It's like the aliens from Space Jam have stolen his ability.

Look at his goal in this game -

Pace, quick turns, he sat down a couple of defenders, and a rasping shot and goal. That Marcus seems lightyears away from where he is currently.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Nice assist, but his general play is awful. Really struggling to understand what's happened to him. It's like the aliens from Space Jam have stolen his ability.

Pace, quick turns, he sat down a couple of defenders, and a rasping shot and goal. That Marcus seems lightyears away from where he is currently.
Van Persie says why but no one believes it.

“it always stays like a weak spot”

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...rcus-Rashford-FOUR-months-similar-injury.html

Baxter

My thoughts exactly.

I'm genuinely perplexed how people thought he had a decent game or worked hard. He barely pressed and just meandered around for most of the game.

He made a couple of decent moves but if that's the benchmark for decent then we're fecked. He killed almost every attack.
If he was ‘barely pressing’ or ‘meandering’ do you think Ten Hag would have kept him on until he cramped up with 3 minutes to go. He’s been happy enough to sub basically everyone else but he’d keep a player on who’s ‘lazy’.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
Don't know why we pander to his CF role request, against 90% he won't work, it will only work against those who leave space in behind and he can run onto

Jcrossley94

Don't know why we pander to his CF role request, against 90% he won't work, it will only work against those who leave space in behind and he can run onto
What makes you think EtH has "pandered" to a request for him to play CF?

Sincerely doubt he'd be playing CF if Martial was available...

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
What makes you think EtH has "pandered" to a request for him to play CF?

Sincerely doubt he'd be playing CF if Martial was available...
Several reports and past instances have indicated that's where he prefers to play and wants to play, we have Ronaldo on the bench who looks better every time he gets minutes with his hold up play, predatory instincts in the box etc

I'm hoping Rashford will be moved to the left where I think he's better and I hope you are right that when Martial is back he will take the CF role again as I do think that holding up ability will transform us.

MadMike

Why do you think we're pandering to his request though?

Martial is out and Ronaldo missed all of pre-season and seems not ready for 90 mins. He's probably playing there out of necessity, not because he's insisting on it or because we're pandering to requests.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Van Persie says why but no one believes it.

“it always stays like a weak spot”

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...rcus-Rashford-FOUR-months-similar-injury.html
It's a shame if this is the reason, as he was set for a promising career.

In any case, this season is his last chance saloon. I can't see him holding down a first team place now that we have Antony, and Sancho finding form.

Maybe PSG will still be interested in him and offer us a decent amount.

MadMike

Several reports and past instances have indicated that's where he prefers to play and wants to play, we have Ronaldo on the bench who looks better every time he gets minutes with his hold up play, predatory instincts in the box etc
Reports? Reports that run contrary to his own quotes?

[Source]

Sounds interesting. Can we see these reports and check their validity before we jump on the conclusion of us pandering to requests?

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
Why do you think we're pandering to his request though?

Martial is out and Ronaldo missed all of pre-season and seems not ready for 90 mins. He's probably playing there out of necessity, not because he's insisting on it or because we're pandering to requests.
Mentioned above why but I can only say I hope you're right, I think Rashfords attitude has been better but he's an inside wide forward for me and should only be played there.

fallengt

I like it when he jumps for headers from a goal kick - that he has no intention of winning, he actually moves himself out of the way so the opposing defender doesn't hurt him - but hey - it looks like he's trying right?

Once of those annoying things I noticed early last night and kept and eye on - if you watch it back, he strategically misses every header from a De Gea goal kick by 2-3 yards.

Done this his entire career - fantastic trait that :lol:

edit: example:
Between ddg and rashford. I lost count how many times they gave ball away in the same manner.

CB to De Gea. Boot it long to Rashford. He doesn't win header. Our midfield can't win 2nd ball either. End up giving the ball away in the laziest way possible.

Everyone must see the pattern by now. We play like a Mourinho team except Mourinho always has a target man. This is something for ETH to solve in the next 4 months.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
Reports? Reports that run contrary to his own quotes?

[Source]

Sounds interesting. Can we see these reports and check their validity before we jump on the conclusion of us pandering to requests?
No need for the condescending tone, I can admit if I get something wrong and it appears you are right, I had remembered a lot of reports in pre season of Rashford wanting to play CF but clearly I'm wrong and I hope he gets moved back to the wing

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Only saw the first half but he played well. Created a few chances and was generally involved in most of our most threatening play. Looked a bit isolated most of the time though as Sancho struggled to get involved and Elanga couldn’t quite find the quality needed.

Will be good to have Martial back (words I never thought I’d say) as playing both Rashford and Sancho out of position isn’t ideal. The link up between Rashford and Martial is always strong and with Antony and Sancho competing for the RW berth the frontline will start to look promising.
You really think Sancho will be competing with Antony for the RW spot and Marcus has the LW spot nailed down?

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
How is a player who plays crap but scores a goal any different to a player that played the same or even marginally better and made the assist?
Not much daylight between the two, but both should be evaluated as poor. It's the inability of some to realize & admit this that's the bizarre thing.

Jcrossley94

I'm hoping Rashford will be moved to the left where I think he's better and I hope you are right that when Martial is back he will take the CF role again as I do think that holding up ability will transform us.
I understand thats where he prefers to play, but i dont agree EtH would have pandered to him simply because he might have asked.

More likely hes playing CF because Martial is out, Ronaldo only had a 3 week preseason and hes better than the other options in that role, as was proven when Eriksen played the false 9 role on the first day of the season.

Think when Martial is back, and Ronaldo is 100% match fit, you wont see Rashford in that role... and rightly so.

Roux

Between ddg and rashford. I lost count how many times they gave ball away in the same manner.

CB to De Gea. Boot it long to Rashford. He doesn't win header. Our midfield can't win 2nd ball either. End up giving the ball away in the laziest way possible.

Everyone must see the pattern by now. We play like a Mourinho team except Mourinho always has a target man. This is something for ETH to solve in the next 4 months.
Yeah spot on - and if you look at the screenshot i posted, if he wins that header - Elanga is clean through. This needless giving away possession has to be looked at - Rashford needs to at least make a challenge.

MadMike

No need for the condescending tone, I can admit if I get something wrong and it appears you are right, I had remembered a lot of reports in pre season of Rashford wanting to play CF but clearly I'm wrong and I hope he gets moved back to the wing
Apologies. I've grown allergic to people constructing narratives about our players and managers based on unsubstantiated rumours, so I react a bit ott.

Smores

If he was ‘barely pressing’ or ‘meandering’ do you think Ten Hag would have kept him on until he cramped up with 3 minutes to go. He’s been happy enough to sub basically everyone else but he’d keep a player on who’s ‘lazy’.
I don't need to guess the inner workings of Ten Hags mind. We all watched the game, with our eyes observing Rashfords activiities (or lack thereof).

If you think you watched him pressing then that's your opinion. Feel free to stand by it.

Chip

250k per week and no. 10 jersey

He's the epitome of what went wrong post Fergie.

Should just sold him and move on. Him and Martial and Shaw and Maguire.

Enough of clean slate FC
Spot on.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
Apologies. I've grown allergic to people constructing narratives about our players and managers based on unsubstantiated rumours, so I react a bit ott.
No problem at all, always happy to be proved wrong and change my opinion and if anything I perhaps underappreciate then the fact he's playing there for the good of the team

Doracle

You really think Sancho will be competing with Antony for the RW spot and Marcus has the LW spot nailed down?
No one has (or should) have any position nailed down and Rashford’s form last season obviously doesn’t guarantee him anything. However, Sancho is very clearly in my view better on the right and he’s also really struggling anyway.

I see Antony as a direct threat to Sancho’s position and, of course, if Rashford doesn’t continue to play well ETH may bring Sancho in for him on the left (ultimately though we’d probably looking for a new LW next summer if he does come to that conclusion, as Sancho is not a long term solution there).

Pronewbie

Peep
I don't need to guess the inner workings of Ten Hags mind. We all watched the game, with our eyes observing Rashfords activiities (or lack thereof).

If you think you watched him pressing then that's your opinion. Feel free to stand by it.
Ten Hag praised his pressing and defensive work rates.. But yes I saw moments where he didn't bother to dash back. The sequence of him and Ronaldo staying up the pitch after losing the ball in quick succession sticks in my memory. May have been the instructions though. I mean, ten Hag may have created the system with Ronnie/Rashy in mind.

Ralph1386

Really struggling to understand what's happened to him. It's like the aliens from Space Jam have stolen his ability.

One reason I think is that he wasted important development years of his career under Solsjkaer’s coaching staff (through no fault of his own). Another reason is injuries and being overplayed/not being given enough rest.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
No one has (or should) have any position nailed down and Rashford’s form last season obviously doesn’t guarantee him anything. However, Sancho is very clearly in my view better on the right and he’s also really struggling anyway.

I see Antony as a direct threat to Sancho’s position and, of course, if Rashford doesn’t continue to play well ETH may bring Sancho in for him on the left (ultimately though we’d probably looking for a new LW next summer if he does come to that conclusion, as Sancho is not a long term solution there).
Dunno mate. I think it's generally accepted that Sancho plays better on the left and once ETH has us playing his sort of football he will thrive there. Sancho is technically a lot better player than Rashford. I don't think that's up for debate with Rashford being better than him on the counter due to his speed. Ole set the team up to play to Rashfords strengths which is why he was scoring goals even if his performances weren't exactly top notch but put Rashford in a team that wants to play football then I just can't see his skill set is good enough for him to be a bench player never mind a nailed on starter.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
This thing where Sancho is clearly better on the left needs to stop - it’s not very clear at all and there is plenty who see his best performances as a RW.

Mr PG

Best of the front 3 yet again. Also the one who gets most minutes. A lot of people have a agenda against him and that shows. He had a decent game and a very nice assist. He needs to start scoring though, but glad ETH seems to favor him
Yes he wasn’t as bad as people are saying otherwise ETH would have taken him off. If there’s one thing about ETH it’s that he doesn’t take prisoners.
He has decided to try and turn Rashford into a 9 as there are any other options available and Martial is always injured. Best thing I like now is his judgement is improving as that assist… he would have looked to dribble and shoot in the past. There’s a few balls he should have passed against liverpool and it could have come back to bite us. Yea he could run more and it looks like he’s cheating a bit trying to conserve energy but I’ll give him time as long as decision making keeps improving

Mr PG

This thing where Sancho is clearly better on the left needs to stop - it’s not very clear at all and there is plenty who see his best performances as a RW.
Yes Sancho is better on the left even though he can also make it work on the right. Saw his stats somewhere while he was at Dortmund and he’s much more productive on the left hence why both Ole and Ragnick played him there.

Frank White

Yes Sancho is better on the left even though he can also make it work on the right. Saw his stats somewhere while he was at Dortmund and he’s much more productive on the left hence why both Ole and Rangnick played him there.
Think it's safe to assume the manager see's his future on the left too considering we just bough Antony for the right.

Doracle

It’s so obvious he is a right winger having watched him for a season that I’m genuinely completely bemused how anyone could think otherwise. He can do a job on the left if we are desperate but he’s really limited there and struggles to get involved at all.

Valencia Shin Crosses

He had 45 minutes where he was fine. It said everything about him that his fans will use him not being terrible as proof that he deserves another shot. The fact is that he's looked lazy, unbothered and all round awful for the last few seasons. Then he gets injured.
"Fine" "Not being terrible"

Jesus just come out and say you hate him instead. He pulled off an assist that none of our other forwards could have, holding off and turning VVD and playing Rashford in. Then he proceeded to dribbling VVD 2-3 more times in the game and almost had another assist while adding actual hold up play at a time in the game where we were on the back foot.

If Martial or any other player plays shit I'm going to say so. But I'm also not going to spitefully downplay when they play well. Get a grip.

Pickle85

"Fine" "Not being terrible"

Jesus just come out and say you hate him instead. He pulled off an assist that none of our other forwards could have, holding off and turning VVD and playing Rashford in. Then he proceeded to dribbling VVD 2-3 more times in the game and almost had another assist while adding actual hold up play at a time in the game where we were on the back foot.

If Martial or any other player plays shit I'm going to say so. But I'm also not going to spitefully downplay when they play well. Get a grip.
I think you need to take a breath, buddy...

I don't 'hate' any player - it's football, not genocide - I just think he's bang average and he's shown nothing to dispel that impression for the last few seasons. 45 minutes where he was ok (I think we agree to disagree here) won't change my mind. Particularly not when it looks as though he'll be retreating to the treatment table again for the foreseeable. It's not just that you can't rely on him to stay fit - if his form over the last few seasons has taught us anything, it's that even if he is fit you can't rely on him. The definition of madness is doing the same thing again and again, whilst expecting different results. I'd throw 'Martial is turning a corner and finally becoming the player we thought he'd be' into that bucket.

pseudo_canadian

I like it when he jumps for headers from a goal kick - that he has no intention of winning, he actually moves himself out of the way so the opposing defender doesn't hurt him - but hey - it looks like he's trying right?

Once of those annoying things I noticed early last night and kept and eye on - if you watch it back, he strategically misses every header from a De Gea goal kick by 2-3 yards.

Done this his entire career - fantastic trait that :lol:

edit: example:
Yes, he’s been doing this for a while.

Such a poser.

Idxomer

It’s so obvious he is a right winger having watched him for a season that I’m genuinely completely bemused how anyone could think otherwise. He can do a job on the left if we are desperate but he’s really limited there and struggles to get involved at all.
It's not obvious at all, his manager just signed a right winger for £84m. His previous two managers played him on the left.

When he struggled without Hakimi at Dortmund in his last season, he didn't pick up his form till he got moved to the left.

Olecurls99

It's not obvious at all, his manager just signed a right winger for £84m. His previous two managers played him on the left.

When he struggled without Hakimi at Dortmund in his last season, he didn't pick up his form till he got moved to the left.
I don't think it matters which side he plays on. His vision and technique don't limit him to one side.

Olecurls99

I think you need to take a breath, buddy...

I don't 'hate' any player - it's football, not genocide - I just think he's bang average and he's shown nothing to dispel that impression for the last few seasons. 45 minutes where he was ok (I think we agree to disagree here) won't change my mind. Particularly not when it looks as though he'll be retreating to the treatment table again for the foreseeable. It's not just that you can't rely on him to stay fit - if his form over the last few seasons has taught us anything, it's that even if he is fit you can't rely on him. The definition of madness is doing the same thing again and again, whilst expecting different results. I'd throw 'Martial is turning a corner and finally becoming the player we thought he'd be' into that bucket.
What about his form in 19-20?

A goal every 150 minutes

23 goals and 12 assists in 3600 minutes of football

We could rely on him that year.

Sylar

Is it due to the back injury that he played through (including to the Euros). I think thats properly fecked him up long term.

Status
Not open for further replies.