Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
So if Martial is fit, that LW role is his for sure. Sancho to the bench it seems, the weakest link currently

Olecurls99

Looked a force of nature that half.

Has he got his pace back? It feels like that's the fastest he's looked in about 2-3 years. Did a knock and run past a defender and burned him in a manner we haven't really seen since his first few seasons in the first team.
I thought this too. It looked like 2018 Marcus. We need him

ZupZup

It's like every time he has played on the left this season he has looked great and got goals. Moved to the left against Liverpool, scored. Moved to the left against Arsenal and then scored. Played on the left in the second half last night and was our best player and scored two. It's clearly his best position by a long distance and he never looks comfortable as a striker because he needs to play with the game in front of him.

It's frustrating when so many people slate him and write him off for how he plays as a striker when it's clearly not a good position for him. He can offer this team so much when he plays in his best position. Likewise, Martial is miles better as a striker than he is in other positions.

Stacks

He is the most frustrating player since Nani. He can obviously finish as most of his goals are nice finishes. He is quick but barely seems to sprint nowadays. He can dribble and I have seen him link up really well in build up with Martial in 2020 but then he started just trying to do it solo anytime he was around the box. I feel he only gets up for some games. Liverpool, he had the juice. Then he plays a blinder yesterday after being benched. I feel like he doesn't try every match and has lost hunger. Almost like he thinks he has made it and it has gotten to his head. Then when a fire is lit or he plays Liverpool he plays like he is on a red arrow on Pro Evolution Soccer which adds to my frustration

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
He shouldn't play as CF, he is terrible playing that role. He is completely different player as a LW, even his runs are very good from LW.

Martial and Rashford was our best combination post SAF, it's always good to see them linking up. Martial as CF and Rashford as LW should be the set up, Rashford or Sancho based on form.
I think Rashford and Martial complement each other very well, constantly swapping positions, and giving defenders a headache. If Antony can start to work with those two we could have quite a fluid, exciting front three.

Doracle

He is the most frustrating player since Nani. He can obviously finish as most of his goals are nice finishes. He is quick but barely seems to sprint nowadays. He can dribble and I have seen him link up really well in build up with Martial in 2020 but then he started just trying to do it solo anytime he was around the box. I feel he only gets up for some games. Liverpool, he had the juice. Then he plays a blinder yesterday after being benched. I feel like he doesn't try every match and has lost hunger. Almost like he thinks he has made it and it has gotten to his head. Then when a fire is lit or he plays Liverpool he plays like he is on a red arrow on Pro Evolution Soccer which adds to my frustration
You realise he was very obviously rested yesterday rather than being “benched”? He’s probably the first name on the team sheet at the moment and our most consistent and important player. 8 GA now in his last 6 matches - directly involved in every goal we’ve scored when he has been on the pitch.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
I think Rashford and Martial complement each other very well, constantly swapping positions, and giving defenders a headache. If Antony can start to work with those two we could have quite a fluid, exciting front three.
They have a great understanding. Both in good form would be a huge plus, it just does not happen too often. Let's hope both are now fit for a longer period

Posh Red

This is the most sensible front three at the moment and I’m quite excited about it. Will also pressure Sancho into upping his game hopefully.

Doracle

This is the most sensible front three at the moment and I’m quite excited about it. Will also pressure Sancho into upping his game hopefully.
Agree - it would be great if we had hungry players on the bench who could come on for whichever front player was struggling most.

Green Yellow Red

Hint. I’m not Marcus Rashford
Scored in 2 games in 6 games in the league and all of sudden he's leading the charge for club and country?
Hint: Calm down don't bring unnecessary spotlight to the poor guy. He really needs to find himself before he finds his football.

TheReligion

Abusive
Scored in 2 games in 6 games in the league and all of sudden he's leading the charge for club and country?
Hint: Calm down don't bring unnecessary spotlight to the poor guy. He really needs to find himself before he finds his football.
What are you on about. You tried to be smart with your initial reply and just looked silly. Now you’re doing it again.

Based Adnan

Disallowed in the end so doesn't really matter but he needs to be squaring that to Bruno for a tap in instead of trying to round the keeper. Got lucky with the ricochet off Pickford.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Robbed of a goal.

Nice to see him being selfish in that position, it shows his confidence is returning.

BarstoolProphet

Way more direct than Sancho, which is what we need with Antony hogging the line and lack of pace from our strikers. Shame he was robbed of a very good goal.

Cantona_7_

He looks fit and were unlucky with his goal, but I think he takes weird choices all of the time.

Like what did he do on the Eriksen freekick around minut 60 staying 5 meter away from Shaw instead of beeing in the box. Right after he try to shoot from 20 meter when Ronaldo is free in better position to his left.

Alot of the time he just strolls in the middle of Everton players not really pressuring anyone then out of the blue he suddenly pressure when the rest of the team does not, I wonder if is Ten Haag asking him to occupy those areas on the left because he seems out of position alot.

3KDré

Miles better on the left, I have no idea why he thinks he's better up top. I think it's just goals he wants and he think he would get more of them up top.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
He's never scored against Everton, should have known when it went in VAR would find a way of taking it away

Borys

Statistics Wizard
The lady on BT said it was a nice finish what made me chuckle.
Overall I like his intensity, he's super fit and super fast. Not very effective but an OK game.

saivet

Unlucky not to have a goal or assist. Thought he did okay today generally. Far from a great performance but some good things there.

EtH

Working for the team well again and some decent interplay as well. Encouraging stuff.

Mmm-Qatarian

Don't know why you guys are giving him so much credit, I'm frankly infuriated that Rashford didn't decide to amputate his arms before kick off. Doesn't care enough...

RORY65

Unlucky with the disallowed goal due to the stupidity of VAR but it's good how fit he looks, he's played with injuries for a long time but right now he looks really quick and sharp.

Luka Mora

So glad to see rashford working for the team instead of playing in his own world like last season trying to force things, and trying to dribble past 4-5 defenders. He's now passing and moving and making the right runs. Was gutted for him the goal was ruled out because he deserved it. Made himself a threat, while putting in some nice crosses and tracking back retrieving the ball on several occasions.

His best position is definitely on the left, was so much more dynamic. He's really starting to turn things around after being written off by so many.

Scottynaldinho

Good game from him but his reluctance to go for the loose balls does my head in. It's such a basic attribute to add to your game.

EtH

Also a peach of a pick out and cross for Casemiro in the first half. Should’ve been a goal. Has a quality cross on him. Good to see him getting his head up and utilizing it again.

Jordan_mufc

Am I the only one that thought he was poor?

Decent link up play, poor going forward, offered little in the press and was losing loads of his battles

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
His link up play and passing was great. Very unlucky for the goal, but I thought he was easily our best attacking player. Also the only attacking player who showed up in the second half.

sammyhol

I think it’s now clear to see what player we have.

limited with back to the defender. Decision making with passing in transition is always going to be iffy at best…his all round game has got big holes.

but…

an absolute must start for us. Our only wide player who consistantly creates options for through balls with line splitting runs and outright pace…. And when put through is pretty good 1 on 1.

Sancho and Antony too similar… never go outside 1 v 1, and Antony benefits from being able to cut in on his favourite foot from the right.

personally think Sancho might end up as a No10

Status
Not open for further replies.