Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I mean yeah, I thought his heading would be better since his PL debut headed goal - but he simply is not that type of player.

He wants to shoot fast with power after dribbling rather than read the chance out of a headed opportunity.

He will score some headed goals here - but I also kind of feel like sending head-a-ble crosses in to him is a bit of a waste in itself.

The same with Martial. You got to use a players strengths.
I think Martial is actually decent with his head tbh. He's scored some very nice ones (against Chelsea come to mind) and I'm sure he even once scored a diving header.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
You don't let good players walk for free. You just don't. You also don't sell players who are important to you. It's pretty simple. This isn't football manager where you have infinite money and can just choose to spend 100m on a whim on a player who offers maybe 3% more than Rashford can.

He's an inside forward who will likely score 20+ goals this season for us. People who want him gone are, being polite, idiots.
Because Rashfords energy levels have gone up people relating this with he's getting back to his best when all along his best hasn't been good enough for him to be a permanent starter in a team trying to get back to the very top. Technically he's not very good and relies on his pace instead of a footballing IQ. He really is the modern day Theo Walcott but instead of letting him go like Arsenal did we'll be offering Rashford a contract worth 300+k and if people think he's worth that kind of money then I don't know what to say.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Because Rashfords energy levels have gone up people relating this with he's getting back to his best when all along his best hasn't been good enough for him to be a permanent starter in a team trying to get back to the very top. Technically he's not very good and relies on his pace instead of a footballing IQ. He really is the modern day Theo Walcott but instead of letting him go like Arsenal did we'll be offering Rashford a contract worth 300+k and if people think he's worth that kind of money then I don't know what to say.
Rashford at his best is easily good enough to be a starter, that's nonsense. He had back to back 20+ goal and 10+ assist seasons from the left and I'd bet will do the same this season. He's very good at what he can do and is part of our 3 man rotation for the wings. Left and right wing is at the very bottom on our list of priorities for reinforcement, along with left back. We have to and will address every single position in our squad before getting back to those 2. Losing Rashford to then need to spend 100m on a replacement just who can offer something similar would be.... dumb.

AaronRedDevil

Had a great game tbh. Could have had a hat trick if not for the insanely lucky saves. Plus a great pass to bruno twice.

AFC NimbleThumb

Thought he was really good tonight, led the line well & gave Dier constant issues. The 2 finishes should have been further into the corner but we move.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
He can't score to save his life. The number of chances he wasted in his last 3 games he should have had at least 4 goals to his name.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I think he needs to put a bit more power into his shots.

Jokes aside, he's in top fitness level. I actually like him in that striker role. Was jinxed today, didost things right but just wouldn't happen for him. He will score 3 in one game soon I reckon.

Last edited:

Lecland07

Getting better and better at the running at the defence. Defences getting nervous around him again. Shame he didn't score, but I'm certain it will come and then it will release a dam.

His pace and dribbling were fantastic.

And some people want us to let this guy go cheap. Mad. Our rivals would leap at the chance to sign him.

Jev

He was brilliant today despite the biased, clueless posters in the match-day thread who believe every shot that is miraculously saved by the goalkeeper must have been a bad finish.

He's slowly playing himself into some good form, which is great news for us.

the_cliff

He was brilliant today despite the biased, clueless posters in the match-day thread who believe every shot that is miraculously saved by the goalkeeper must have been a bad finish.

He's been our best attacker this season.

People are mainly hating cos he's keeping Ronaldo out of the team.

And rightly so !!!

Swedish_Plumber

He’s been great the last few games. Things will start happening in front of goal for him if he keeps putting in the effort. Missed his passion for the game the last 18 months.

saivet

Needs to work on his heading in general and finishing but all round really good performance. Our best and most threatening forward tonight.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts

He's literally shooting at the goalies. He has zero composure in front of goal. So much time and he just blasts them instead of placing them.

Mailo

You can see the spring in his step, now. The joy of playing is back. Hopefully he'll improve on his finishing.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
Did well up until the most important part for a striker. I think it was 3 glorious chances that he spurned today.

Mr Smith

Brilliant today and deserved a goal, but also can only look at himself for not putting away his chances, especially the one in the first half.

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
Did everything but finish again. You can tell now he’s just hitting and hoping, no composure whatsoever.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
Thought he was outstanding today, seems like he's finally using his physical presence to good effect up top. I love how angry he is at not finishing chances. This is the Rashford I always wanted to see, workrate, pressing, speed, physical presence. Showing also with the right manager he can play in a possession based team. Now it's time to see a string of performances like these and hopefully becomes the new norm.

DutchCruijff

He is not a #9.

Miss after miss after miss.

He missed 4 clearcut chances. Thought that was a woeful performance. He's much better on the left.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Deserved a goal tonight. Thought he was fantastic.
Effort, desire, overall game was great. BUT he must score at least one of those chances. He is a forward ffs.
And that was not unlucky. He shoots with power and what happens happens. Neither of those shots wasn't in the corner.

Overall, yes, good game but he simply must start finishing chances

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Thought his first half was more of the same in terms of how he's played when up front this season (and pretty much all the last few years). In other words - very poor and bringing very little to the team.

Second half was great though, probably the best he's played up front since the Leipzig match two seasons ago. More of that please.

Jev

He's literally shooting at the goalies. He has zero composure in front of goal. So much time and he just blasts them instead of placing them.
And Ronaldo's last goal was a shot straight at the goalkeeper, which the keeper clumsily let through his legs. No-one was talking about bad finishing then. Rashford should have done better with the left-legged one. The two big chances he took on his right were perfectly decent finishes, and nobody would have said anything different if Lloris hadn't pulled off two outstanding saves.

arnoldS

His finishing aside I thought he was brilliant. He is so important for the team. Would just hope he startzed scoring again we all know he can.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
He has great shooting technique. Every shot goes low and with power. He just needs to go more for accuracy than power. Looks like he's trying to kill gk.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I just wish he placed one of these in the top corner, or hammered one into the top of the net. He does so many good things, he's just gotta be more clinical.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Such a nearly game... On another day he gets a brace and an assist.

He was a massive thorn in their side though... They couldn't deal with him

Godfather

On another day he scorea three. His overall game is almost back to his best which is the most thing

Status
Not open for further replies.