6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Viral United

Sometimes I wonder how he manage to score 100 goals for us.
No composure, no brain, just so so poor.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Not sure what he was trying to achieve tonight. Would have put him down the right after 5 minutes and brought Bruno inside.

Kopral Jono

I'd argue Rashford is a Rooney kind of footballer: capable of performing to a world-class standard on his day but is diabolical when not on song. I see improvement on the intelligence thing (as many has pointed out) this season, though.

Based Adnan

His awareness is too poor to play centrally. Was a point where he got played the ball in acres of space and instead of turning and running at Sociedad he passed it straight back as he thought he was under pressure. No awareness of his surroundings.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
He is a a good player but too many flaws in his game. He's much better off the ball than on it. He's a disaster on it.
Expecting another 5 years of this, with that new contract coming in? The high is really high, the low is on basement floor.

Doracle

Comes on in an unusual position in a crazy formation when apparently carrying a slight injury and doesn’t play well. Caf lines up to tell us how shit he is. Seems legit.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
One of his worst cameo ever. Came in and contributed to giving away the ball. Attempting silly flicks which only helped Soceidad regain possession.

Rashford has his strengths but being tidy and taking care of the ball isn't one of them. Extremely sloppy.

A attack front of Rashford and Ronaldo while we're already struggling to keep the ball in midfield was always going to look ugly.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
He needs badly good performances vs Villa and Fulham to start building somekind of consistence.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Not a 10.
Not even close. This experiment has to DIE. Ten Hag attempting this 442 with Rashford deeper isn't it. He can't wisel himself out of tight spaces and can't turn with a guy pressing him.

Let just stick to Rashford on the left side.

Swiss_Red89

The cirisism today is legit. It was a really poor cameo with him losing possession too easy too often.

Consistency has always been his problem. He's improving in that aspect I feel but his playing style in general is a bit hit and miss. So I assume we will always have that type of performance from Rashford here and there. He just needs to make sure that he can reduce it to the minimum.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
The cirisism today is legit. It was a really poor cameo with him losing possession too easy too often.

Consistency has always been his problem. He's improving in that aspect I feel but his playing style in general is a bit hit and miss. So I assume we will always have that type of performance from Rashford here and there. He just needs to make sure that he can reduce it to the minimum.
Come to think more, i was being harsh on him. He came with a mission, and tried things to make difference. The talent is there, the attitude and desire are there now, and he has a manager that can teach him.

All ingredients are there, and more than likely consistency will follow. It's a gamble with high reward?

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
I'd argue Rashford is a Rooney kind of footballer: capable of performing to a world-class standard on his day but is diabolical when not on song. I see improvement on the intelligence thing (as many has pointed out) this season, though.
That was only true for past it Rooney. In his prime he was a terror every game.

Malone_Post

Playing him as a 10, while keeping Bruno wide right, was just a bizzare decision. It was obvious within 5 minutes that it wasn’t going to work. Rashford doesn’t have the vision or passing ability to play there so ended up either passing it really simply back to where it came from, or trying to take the whole team on single-handedly. With no in between. All while Bruno stood on the wing waiting for someone, anyone, to pass it to him.

Find it hard to criticise either of them today as they basically played in each other’s roles and it, unsurprisingly, didn’t work.

zenith

Stupid decision to play him as a 10 and bruno out wide. Time and time again we have seen that rashford is no good when playing from anywhere other than the inside left channel. It simply won't work playing him on the right, as a striker or as a no. 10

Teja

Just don't put him in a position where he needs to create or take players on in tight spaces.

His biggest strengths are his pace, power and off the ball running. His touch and control are Lukaku levels of crap in tight spaces.

stw2022

He's old enough and experienced enough though now not to come on and play like a 8 year old who's just been told they're going to Disney land and celebrated by drinking 2ltr of cherryade.

I don't get how his decision making and reading of the game is still so poor. You'd think he'd have at least improved via osmosis over the years of playing at this level.

The criticism has never been that Rashford cannot sometimes score. It's that when on the pitch his mindlessness and wastefulness costs us the opportunity to score many more than we do as a team.

He played well in his last start but generally his contribution is to score about 1 in 4 whilst arsing up about six or seven legitimately promising opportunities during every game with a combination of poor control, touch, selfishness or inability to be aware of his surroundings and lack of intelligence with the ball

None of that is "hate", this isn't TikTok and he isn't Harry Styles. It's observation.

Luka Mora

The next time rashford scores the commentators need to shout ''And that is Marcus Sir Rashford''

Doracle

Stupid decision to play him as a 10 and bruno out wide. Time and time again we have seen that rashford is no good when playing from anywhere other than the inside left channel. It simply won't work playing him on the right, as a striker or as a no. 10
Playing him as a 10 when we are chasing a game is fine. He’s our most skilful attacker and there were two or three occasions even with the disaster of a formation we played yesterday when we got him in a position with space in front of him.

Unfortunately, he didn’t seem to get into the game. I suspect he was struggling a bit with the injury he’d picked up as his movement looked a bit laboured compared to normal. Hopefully, he is fully recovered for Villa.

Lecland07

One game where he is carrying an injury. The team wasn't playing well in the second half and the setup was wrong.

Move on.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Playing him as a 10 when we are chasing a game is fine. He’s our most skilful attacker and there were two or three occasions even with the disaster of a formation we played yesterday when we got him in a position with space in front of him.

Unfortunately, he didn’t seem to get into the game. I suspect he was struggling a bit with the injury he’d picked up as his movement looked a bit laboured compared to normal. Hopefully, he is fully recovered for Villa.
He acquitted himself horrendously yesterday as a 10. He shouldn’t get another sniff there ever. It was tactically impotent to put him there.

Frank Grimes

To be fair he has done better this season but the way some speak of him is that he is a totally different player who is playing great. Never heard such bollocks in my life. He has been a mish mash and his finishing has been shite lately, one goal aside.

Don't blame him completely though because our forward options are so pitiful he is being moved around too much. Leave him on the left wherever possible where he can sneak in and bag a few goals. The less he is on the ball the better imo.

Santoryo

ripping the reward

No it's not. We've seen Rashford play for us for over 5 years now and forcing him to play where there is no space has never worked. His strength is on the LW where he gets plenty of space to run in behind or run at defenders. Rashford cannot operate effectively in congested areas which is what you often get as a 10 and not to mention his game on the turn isn't quite there. He either doesn't have the awareness or abilities to make a pass from the hole or know he's got space behind him therefore should turn(We saw that on full display when he passed back after receiving the ball in space and a turn would have seen us 3 on 3 against a backing Soceidad defense).

He's good on the wing as a LW where he's got space to run at people almost unimpeded until he meets his man whom he can take on since he's got pace to beat them if space opens up.

ZainCRse7en

Really needs to work on his dribbling strategy. So frustrating to watch when he just runs into defenders legs or foolishly attempting to dribble past everyone thinking he is prime messi and that he could simply waltz pass everyone. Its like he plays with so little football intelligence its alarming. Just a terribly limited footballer.

stw2022

Really needs to work on his dribbling strategy. So frustrating to watch when he just runs into defenders legs or foolishly attempting to dribble past everyone thinking he is prime messi and that he could simply waltz pass everyone. Its like he plays with so little football intelligence its alarming. Just a terribly limited footballer.
Agreed. The fact he occasionally scores doesn't make up for the fact he's where a large proportion of our goal opportunities go to die because of that silliness and inability to make the right decision about how to most effectively use the ball.

Greck

For me his decisions have been fine this season. Will never be one of his superpowers but if you can minimise his deeper role you can get the better version of him, this is why playing him at the 10 was just setting him up to fail. It's one of the most decision intensive roles. It's hard enough when the player has experience in the role. So Ten Hag wants versatile players that give him wriggle room to try fresh tactics and formations but there's no point forcing it. You wouldn't deploy Haller as a winger (or did he? I don't know, maybe he did, I didn't watch). In any case it's probably just part of a process of experimentation with what he has. This one experiment needs to be shelved though.

ZainCRse7en

Problem with marcus is that he is terribly limited and to me, he does not have the capacity to adapt and evolve his game. His game only suits one way of playing which is counter attacking. The Arsenal game illustrates this best. This is a problem cause ETH prefers a possession based style of play. Think ETH recognises this hence all this experimentation to see how he can fit Marcus’s strengths in his style of play. Hope to be proven wrong here but unless marcus is able to adapt and evolve his game accordingly, its hard to see him playing a fitting role here in the long term. Reckon he would do very well in Spurs if they decide to move Son on.

Aston Villa 3:1 Man Utd

Sylar

Him on the right is a waste.
I know needs / must and all that but there's no point trying it again,ever. It's a waste of an attacking side

Idxomer

Him on the right is a waste.
I know needs / must and all that but there's no point trying it again,ever. It's a waste of an attacking side
But how can you accommodate Ronaldo otherwise?

saivet

He can't play on the right unfortunately. Won't crticise him too much though as with Antony and Sancho out ETH didn't have much choice.

Galactic

Incorrigible pest
Him giving up after everyone losing the ball/possession is pathetic. He really need to cut that out. This is irrelevant of his or his team’s form.

Status
Not open for further replies.