6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lux Thunder

Brilliant header, love that type of goal. Ronaldo-esque.

So much better recently and super achievement from him, 100 goals at 24. Keep going Marcus.
A great milestone for Marcus, especially because he achieved it in not so successful period for the club.

Last edited:

The Purley King

Marcus Rashford: "I need to be scoring a few more headers. Definitely [I've been working on it]. I feel that I've got a decent jump, I just need to work on attacking the ball and getting the initial contact." [Sky Sports]
Attacking the ball is the key. In years gone by he’s never have scored that goal, he’d have waited for the ball to land on his head.
That aggression to go and win it will be massive for him and for us if he keeps it up.
I wonder if he’s learned from ronaldo in that respect?

Vapor trail

He's not as prolific as he was a few seasons ago but one thing that cannot be faulted is his all around game. He's dropped off into space at the right time, has well timed runs off the opposition backline, his movement has really come into a place of maturity this season. I feel the team plays better when Rashford is upfront as opposed to Ronaldo. They make better decisions the feeling in attacking phases is to get it into Cristiano as soon as possible whereas when he's not playing the ball is recycled in possession more effectively. It's not a coincidence that when Ronaldo started against West Ham all of a sudden the possession was horrendous there is clearly a factor in his demand / presence that negatively impacts the play.

It's similar to G.Jesus, if Ronaldo played for Arsenal he undoubtedly score more but when it comes to influencing the play G.Jesus is fundamental to the team bringing Martinelli / Saka into space. Similar to Firminho these players are nuisances despite not being clinical.

The real issue is that the wide players especially Sancho aren't doing enough to score goals and that's why United have a small positive goal difference compared to the rest of the top 5.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Anyone else think he actually missheaded that ball yesterday? Seen It from a few angles now and it looks like he tried to head it down to Fabianski's right and instead it flew in to Fabianski's left

Still a great goal nonetheless

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
This was my take on things always with him. Rashford, of all people, wanted out. That's how bad it was.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He's not as prolific as he was a few seasons ago but one thing that cannot be faulted is his all around game. He's dropped off into space at the right time, has well timed runs off the opposition backline, his movement has really come into a place of maturity this season. I feel the team plays better when Rashford is upfront as opposed to Ronaldo. They make better decisions the feeling in attacking phases is to get it into Cristiano as soon as possible whereas when he's not playing the ball is recycled in possession more effectively. It's not a coincidence that when Ronaldo started against West Ham all of a sudden the possession was horrendous there is clearly a factor in his demand / presence that negatively impacts the play.

It's similar to G.Jesus, if Ronaldo played for Arsenal he undoubtedly score more but when it comes to influencing the play G.Jesus is fundamental to the team bringing Martinelli / Saka into space. Similar to Firminho these players are nuisances despite not being clinical.

The real issue is that the wide players especially Sancho aren't doing enough to score goals and that's why United have a small positive goal difference compared to the rest of the top 5.
In terms of per 90 stats, he's at 0.8 goals or assists per 90 I believe, while in 19/20 he was at 0.88 but with pens. So I think this is probably his best ever form.

Ole'sattheWheel

In terms of per 90 stats, he's at 0.8 goals or assists per 90 I believe, while in 19/20 he was at 0.88 but with pens. So I think this is probably his best ever form.
It must be said his dribbling that season won a lot of those pens. He’s in great form now but he was something else that year imo and kept it up for pretty much the whole season

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
I still don’t think he’s the long term answer to Man Utd’s long term needs at CF. But I will say, he’s no flat track bully. I’d love to know how many of his goals are against top 6 sides- it seems he always pops up against Liverpool and Arsenal, but maybe I’m imagining it?

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I still don’t think he’s the long term answer to Man Utd’s long term needs at CF. But I will say, he’s no flat track bully. I’d love to know how many of his goals are against top 6 sides- it seems he always pops up against Liverpool and Arsenal, but maybe I’m imagining it?
He's only really playing CF due to lack of options, soon as we get a striker he'll be back out on the left permanently. Nah, you're not imagining it, his big 6 record is fantastic.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
This was my take on things always with him. Rashford, of all people, wanted out. That's how bad it was.
We mentioned on the pod last night about him saying he wasn't right in his own headspace but he also mentioned the atmosphere around the club too. That definitely seems to have been a substantial issue last year, and even just looking at the players you can tell how much happier they are this season so far. Hopefully that gloom has lifted and we can see a lot more of the players working hard for one another and actually enjoying themselves. It's meant to be a fun game anyway.

Marwood

Freestylers can do literally anything with juggling, but why are they not good players?
Well that's freestylers. I'm on about top flight pro footballers. How they can manipulate a ball as they can and still struggle with simple passes is an odd one.

I'm saying that here because Rashford is sometimes the worst for it. Even when playing well as he currently is.

Galactic

Incorrigible pest
Well that's freestylers. I'm on about top flight pro footballers. How they can manipulate a ball as they can and still struggle with simple passes is an odd one.

I'm saying that here because Rashford is sometimes the worst for it. Even when playing well as he currently is.
Ball juggling does not tell us anything about someone’s ability to pass the ball. That was my point. Pro footballers or not.

hsbajwa316

His heading in the last few games has made a notable improvement, I just hope he has some finishing practicing from Benni (or watches some old Thierry Henry vids if need be) to think he just needs to place his shots, rather than power everything in, most times it just smacks the goally :S

Strelok

Good to see him back to his best. Long may it continue!
Imo this is only near his best. He had a period two/three years ago when he was simply unplayable. The matches against City then Spurs for example when he was bossing the show, winning matches on his own and made Kane, Son, Sterling, Silva, Jesus etc. looked like they weren't playing. He was on the verge of turning world class was my thought back then. Then he got injured and has never come back to that level again.

Eli Zee

Ball juggling does not tell us anything about someone’s ability to pass the ball. That was my point. Pro footballers or not.
Obviously not but if someone can juggle they have better control of the ball and general understanding of technique so you'd expect a professional player who also played his whole life to make short passes no problem.

I think Rashford has no issue making short passes in general, but in games there can be mistakes due to high intensity and tiredness.

Anyway the OP from what I gathered was just saying it's ironic that Rashford has amazing control juggling but sometimes messes up a simple pass. No need to start comparing freestylers to pro players

Galactic

Incorrigible pest
It’s just pretty irrelevant and ridiculous implying ball juggling and passing accuracy. Just my opinion. I agree to disagree.

TsuWave

Amazes me how footballers can do this yet properly weighting a 10 yard pass can escape them.
because high pressure, fast football while being pressed and/or tackled by the small number of elite athletes that made it to professional level is very different than this

NoLogo

He is in great form right now, I just hope he can find the consistency and keep it up for a large part of this season. I still don't think he is ever going to be world-class, but it's good to see him playing well again, if it's just to stop the undeserved hate this guy was getting.

SoCross

He’s really turned it around over the past few games, long May it continue. His touch has improved too and so has his work ethic, the two main areas I was moaning about.

city-puma

ETH needs to find every opportunity to rest him. This intensive run of the games are too much demand. We don’t want to see our players pick up injuries due to fatigue.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
He's also just not a good header of the ball, especially for someone of his height.

I don't think he ever will be. You've either got it by now or you don't.
He's much better suited to the left.
Did he read this or something. :nervous:

Foxbatt

It’s just pretty irrelevant and ridiculous implying ball juggling and passing accuracy. Just my opinion. I agree to disagree.
Exactly. Cruijff once said of a player that if he is great at ball juggling then he should be in a circus.

Threesus

Exactly. Cruijff once said of a player that if he is great at ball juggling then he should be in a circus.
Rashford is not a good player, but I don’t think we need cruijff quotes for that. I mean Cruijff was critical of van basten and that’s one of the greatest strikers ever.

I thought that the video was good. It’s a nice skill. There is also no need to assign brownie points for that.Who remembers dembele failing epically when he was unveiled at the camp nou? And nobody in their right mind would argue that rashford is a better player than him.

Chief123

Scholes just said Rashford has been in the “form of his life”. :houllier:

I know he’s been playing much better, but he’s defo been better than his current form!

Real Sociedad 0:1 Man Utd

PoTMS

What on earth was that cameo? Back to trying to take the whole team on. He's clearly very talented but he lacks brains.

Idxomer

He'll never be good enough for a team challenging for trophies because he lacks any intelligence on the pitch.

Not one good bit of decision-making today.

kundalini

Terrible performance. Twice had options either side yet lost possession refusing to pass the ball.

SAF is the GOAT

He made me so mad when he tried to do back heels several times. He didn't do nothing the whole second half.

Status
Not open for further replies.