Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I'm starting to warm up to him again, the social media noise that seems to have lessened somewhat as well which is a plus.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He's playing like a completely different person. It's fair to say Rashy is back :drool:

When he's in this kind of mood/form he really is one of the best wide forwards in the world. If he starts adding in headed goals too :eek:

jem

Who is his competition for the LW spot with England? I'm guessing Sterling is, but he looked woeful today against Brighton and from what I've gathered, hasn't exactly been in great form this season. I'd imagine Rashford has a very chance of securing the LW spot by the time the WC rolls around.

Threesus

Who is his competition for the LW spot with England? I'm guessing Sterling is, but he looked woeful today against Brighton and from what I've gathered, hasn't exactly been in great form this season. I'd imagine Rashford has a very chance of securing the LW spot by the time the WC rolls around.
Foden plays on the left doesn’t he?Better technique and just a better player. Don’t think there is a place for Rashford in the squad.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Foden plays on the left doesn’t he?Better technique and just a better player. Don’t think there is a place for Rashford in the squad.
Foden plays on the right. He's a great finisher but otherwise very average.

Threesus

Foden plays on the right. He's a great finisher but otherwise very average.
In any case, I hope he doesn’t go to the wc. Will probably get injured and then stink up the rest of the season with his fanboys here defending his performances.

matys

10 G+A contributions in 14 games. And getting goals against Liverpool and Arsenal is a pretty good thing for us.
To be precise, he has scored 6 goals this season, there's a mistake in the statistics above. His goal against Everton was disallowed

Smores

He's back to the level where he's not just covering poor performances with goals but is an active threat whenever he's on the ball. Last time he was at this level I thought he was going to develop into a 35+ goal a season player, let's hope this time the penny's dropped. His performances compared to the last 2 seasons are night and day. Also on 99 United goals as things stand, he's close to joining an exclusive club.
Don't think he's any where close to getting back to that level yet, he's just not been as shit as last season.

Mentally he looks refreshed so hopefully it'll come but he's still only scored in 2 PL games this season. That's pretty woeful and he'll start getting questioned on it so hopefully that doesn't impact him.

Hoping we get a striker in so he can be pushed left again otherwise we risk ruining his confidence.

Kaos

Amazing what good coaching and man management does for a player like him. Ole just played him through injury, thinking that feeding him 'pashun' bars would do the trick. Rangnick just indefinitely dropped him insisting we need to sign 10 center forwards to compete. Now he looks a somewhat rejuvenated player under Ten Hag who's used him very well IMO.

Marwood

Amazing what good coaching and man management does for a player like him. Ole just played him through injury, thinking that feeding him 'pashun' bars would do the trick. Rangnick just indefinitely dropped him insisting we need to sign 10 center forwards to compete. Now he looks a somewhat rejuvenated player under Ten Hag who's used him very well IMO.
His best seasons to date were under Ole. Was that down to Ole's coaching and man management?

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Don't think he's any where close to getting back to that level yet, he's just not been as shit as last season.

Mentally he looks refreshed so hopefully it'll come but he's still only scored in 2 PL games this season. That's pretty woeful and he'll start getting questioned on it so hopefully that doesn't impact him.

Hoping we get a striker in so he can be pushed left again otherwise we risk ruining his confidence.
Yeah, he actually had quite a bit more threat, stronger underlying data, a few seasons ago under Ole. We’ve seen it in the Europa more, where he has been one of the best players of the group stages, but a bit less in the PL so far.

There’s more in the tank from Rashford to come. I just hope today’s the day it arrives. He should be banging them in this season.

His best position is as the most attacking player in the team from the inside left channel.

Lecland07

Looked tired at 70 mins. Match winning goal - vital to the team.

Could have possibly had another chance in the second half had Fernandes decided to cross to him instead of, weirdly, trying to find Ronaldo.

TheReligion

Abusive
Fantastic goal and the best forward on the pitch.

He’s definitely back in form. Well done lad. Silencing the doubters.

Sylar

Prime Ronaldo header. But overall good performance and 28 sprints today (top of the charts)
He's going back to what he was and I think he's got a manager to do that now

Chief123

Looks like our boy might be coming back!
From someone who looked like he was ready to give up football last season, it’s been a drastic turnaround.

It’s great to see him close to back to his best.

Interesting to hear his interview about not being in the right headspace before.

TheReligion

Abusive
Very interesting interview post match with Sky.

Said he recognises he wasn’t mentally right last season due to off field issues and acknowledges he wasn’t feeling motivated.

Commented that’s the energy and vibe at the club has now totally changed and he’s feeling much better.

Quite refreshing to hear a pro athlete say that to be honest.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Looks like our boy might be coming back!
From someone who looked like he was ready to give up football last season, it’s been a drastic turnaround.

It’s great to see him close to back to his best.

Interesting to hear his interview about not being in the right headspace before.
Yeah great interview that.

Too often we forget these are just men playing infront of thousands of people - but they have the same kind of issues we all have (money aside)

It's great that whatever got him down seems to be over with now. Interesting to hear him say that the atmosphere at the club himself contributed.

OldSchoolManc

Much better of late and hopefully will continue. Out wide.
Still need an answer to the central position as Ronaldo is done.
Hopefully resolved in January.

Rayman96

Supports
Also supports Rangers
Didn't think he had that heading ability in his game.
If he can do that more consistently he becomes much more of a threat.
First to admit I was wrong as I genuinely thought he was finished at Utd. Just needs to keep it up.

Manny

Grammar Police
Clearly been working on his heading this week. That was a brilliant goal!

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Our only on form attacker currently. Was quality again. Great header. He's really stepping his game up, is a constant danger wherever he's playing and his all round game is improving too. Also a great partnership with Shaw on the left.

BerryBerryShrew

Mixed bag today. Great header for the goal but the usual heavy touches undermined an otherwise dangerous performance.

The main thing is that he actually looks like he wants to be out there- for the past 2 years he has played like a man who wants to be doing anything else but appearing on a football pitch. Whether that is because the coaching staff have engaged with him better or because he has finally realised that a WC is around the corner and that he needs to step it up to be selected remains to be seen.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Good goal. Still a bit too greedy for my liking, often shoots when a player is in a better position for the pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.