6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jev

He pretty much has 2 types of shots, powerful shot straight at the keeper and a softer attempt where he tried to chip the ball.

Where’s the variety in his shots? It’s easy for defenders and goalkeepers to limit him when he keeps trying the same stuff.
Not true at all, so many of his goals have been side-footed into the bottom corner of the net.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Not true at all, so many of his goals have been side-footed into the bottom corner of the net.
That’s only when he’s playing on the left.

When he plays upfront, he just can’t get away from the defenders and just resorts to smashing the ball hard or trying to chip the keeper if he’s being closed down by him.

It’s the same story for the past few games.

Cantona_7_

So much knee-jerk.

Rashford has outperformed his xG in four out of the last seven seasons.

Ronaldo, supposedly the most clinical finisher in the world, has outperformed his in three of those seasons. Lewandowski? Four.

Rashford is not a bad finisher. He's just going through what every striker goes through sometimes. He needs a goal to get his confidence back and thus becomes a little overeager and forces the issue when he gets the chance. Completely normal.

His problem as a no. 9 is poor hold-up play and lack of positional awareness in the box. Not poor finishing.
He has? should not even compare him to Lewandowski, Rashford last 5 scoring is 4 - 11 - 17 - 10 - 7

On average he scores 1 every 3.5 game, same as he has this season

also as striker he has 24 goals 82, just 0.10 better then his average

source - https://www.transfermarkt.com/marcu...verein=&liga=&wettbewerb=GB1&pos=&trainer_id=

Lewandowski last 5 season - 35, 41, 34, 22, 29 goals, more then Rashfords whole caree in his last 2 seasons

I would rather have the goals then better Xg stat...

superdry

touched by a genius
Nearly makes challenges, nearly heads the ball, nearly gets in good position in the box, nearly scores goals.

Red00012

I thought he did well and the chances he had were half chances/created by himself. It'll happen for him, glad to see him looking sharp and playing pretty well personally.
His hold up play is rubbish , he’s awful in the air and doesn’t even contest most of the aerial duals and his finishing is shit. That’s everything you need in a CF to be “ playing well and looking sharp”

M Bison

Supports
York City
His hold up play is rubbish , he’s awful in the air and doesn’t even contest most of the aerial duals and his finishing is shit. That’s everything you need in a CF to be “ playing well and looking sharp”
He’s a LW playing CF though, is there room for improvement as a striker? Of course.

From where he was last season he looks a lot better which is encouraging and is indicative of how we are performing as a team imo.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
It’s amazing he hasn’t registered a goal considering the quality of chances he’s had in his last four games.

vanrooney

think he does quite well this season. he is no striker and he never will be one but he can be a top player on he wing. when martial comes back i think our attack will klick

Idxomer

While he pressed well and defenders are always scared of his pace, his passing and quality on the ball were rubbish.

We need Martial back quickly.

stepic

Never seems to be aware of the keeper, just head down focused on the ball and leathers it. It’s not clever striker play. But he isn’t really a striker.

Stadjer

Lets sign Giroud. He is good at hold up play, he is good in the air, challenges for headers and is a decent finisher. Seems he meets all your requirements for playing well and looking sharp. Rashford his runs can just as well be what you need to be playing well and looking sharp.

stw2022

The thread should really be locked as it's inane to think any of us can give an accurate assessment by watching him play. We'll know if he plays well in a match by reminding ourselves of his previous xG

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
It's insane that people are praising him for wasting chances.
Sooner or later his chance conversion rate is gonna bite us in the ass.

r1z3mu

Never seems to be aware of the keeper, just head down focused on the ball and leathers it. It’s not clever striker play. But he isn’t really a striker.
Agree. Unfortunately, he is not true winger either. And his general problem is lack of vision and awareness of players around him.

Frank White

It's insane that people are praising him for wasting chances.
Sooner or later his chance conversion rate is gonna bite us in the ass.
Who is doing that? The majority of the replies have been his finishing was dire.

Rayman96

Supports
Also supports Rangers
Rashford shots are all side foots( he has a good technique where he can hit the ball hard with his instep) but they are rarely right in the corner. He is a safe finisher and its usually the power that beats the keeper not the placement.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Lets sign Giroud. He is good at hold up play, he is good in the air, challenges for headers and is a decent finisher. Seems he meets all your requirements for playing well and looking sharp. Rashford his runs can just as well be what you need to be playing well and looking sharp.
Giroud would absolutely improve us. No sarcasm needed.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
His profligacy has arguably coat us 4 points this week. Desperately need Martial to come back and stay back.

Frank White

They're praising him for getting into the right spots and defending his missed chances because he's not a striker. Well neither are Salah and Mane.
That's fair enough no? For most of his chances he's creating them himself which is a vast improvement from last year. As for the rest not read anyone do that unless i'm going blind got any quotes?

mctrials23

The problem with looking at xG is that it completely ignores far too many factors. If am am through on goal with my mate square of me and we just have to beat the keeper. I can square it to my mate for a tap in with an xG of 0.95 or I can blast a shot from the angle with an xG of 0.1. The xG that gets added might be 0.1 but it should have been 0.95 because I should have squared it. This is Rashfords big issue. He is poor when it comes to decision making. The top strikers get themselves into a position to make the finish easier. They take more or less touches before taking the shot to maximise its chances. Rashford needs to learn what to do it what situations. The screamers are nice but more goals is better.

Its like the complaint that Ronaldo would score chance X. Would he? Would we even create that chance with Ronaldo on the pitch? Would he have actually been in that position. Its all conjecture. All you can really do is watch him and judge based on what you see.

Foxbatt

Look I have been his biggest critic. But right now without Martial he is our best choice. Ronaldo may score more but he is not going to do it on his own. He doesn't have the pace of Rashford now. Against a team that sits back I will still play Ronaldo.

Man Utd 3:0 Sheriff Tiraspol

Shark

@NotShark
He's back to a level where he can cause a threat to the opponent and is bagging a few goals too, which is still an immense improvement on the past couple of years.

the_cliff

Just needs to find his shooting boots, he's a threat now and looks more confident each passing game.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Rashford can head the ball now? :eek:

Something to do with this bloke, perhaps?

Jev

Was outstanding when he came on. He livened up the entire game and did everything right, creative passing, quick, crisp dribbling, good energy and good finishing.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Nice header. I really enjoyed the mixup from ETH in how he had Rashford basically in the Bruno role off of the striker. Gave him a bit more space and doesn't require him to have perfect touches and hold off defenders with his back to them. Could be another alternative if we have to change systems for whatever reason

Herman Toothrot

He's a very, very good player. If Martial could stay fit or we get a striker in, Rashford should make that left side his own. Some of the abuse he's received on the Internet, especially here, is disgraceful.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
He's a very, very good player. If Martial could stay fit or we get a striker in, Rashford should make that left side his own. Some of the abuse he's received on the Internet, especially here, is disgraceful.
Amen

Status
Not open for further replies.