6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oranges038

Games like last night are where him are Martial are most dangerous.

40 yards in behind to run into, if every team played like that against him he'd score 40 or 50 goals a year.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Eth Blamed the midfield for not releasing it quick enough
This. The midfield in the first half was atrocious. Most of the offside calls were because they were too slow to release the ball and by the time they do our attackers were already offside. Happened a lot with both Rashford and Martial.

UpWithRivers

Ah, I missed the interview. Maybe it’s just me, or maybe it’s the fact that he has been head and shoulders our best striker this season when picking from players that have at least one 90 m performance.
The question is would these 40/50mill Gakpo like signings that everyone wants do any better than Rashford? Sure they might bring different qualities like holding the ball up a bit better but they will lack in other areas that Rashford excels in and at the end of the day will they really score more goals than him? I am in the camp of Rashford really isnt a striker and plays better off the left but he is a better striker than given credit for and Im not sure a budget up and coming striker will do any better.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Love this version of Rashford, guess it shows the impact of a top coach. My favourite thing is he doesn't give the ball away so cheaply anymore, and the aggressiveness and will to win is very apparent. Fantastic.
I wouldn't say that yet. The La Real game was only 2 games ago. Though to be fair aside from that Soceidad game he's been taking care of the ball a lot better than we got accustomed to at the start of the season, so yeah definite improvement on that front.

RedStarUnited

He still has so many issues in his game that a lot of you just ignore.

I hope he keeps on developing.

stevoc

I wouldn't say that yet. The La Real game was only 2 games ago. Though to be fair aside from that Soceidad game he's been taking care of the ball a lot better than we got accustomed to at the start of the season, so yeah definite improvement on that front.
He's never been comfortable playing in the right so that may have played a part.

romufc

I dont think anyone is ignoring his issues. We have seen him improve on things we all questioned him last season for, his work ethic is back.

He is there for the chances and he will improve on that

RedStarUnited

I dont think anyone is ignoring his issues. We have seen him improve on things we all questioned him last season for, his work ethic is back.

He is there for the chances and he will improve on that
Still not were it should be and very inconsistent. He barely run against Villa on Sunday for example.

Mike Smalling

He looks a lot sharper and more physically fit than he did last season, which is a positive sign. Hope England go out early, so he gets a rest before the busy winter schedule.

Also, his goal tally here is wrong - he only has 8 this season.

Doracle

He looks a lot sharper and more physically fit than he did last season, which is a positive sign. Hope England go out early, so he gets a rest before the busy winter schedule.

Also, his goal tally here is wrong - he only has 8 this season.
9 if the handball rules weren’t incredibly stupid but, yes, 8 that have actually counted. I assume he’s been given the Everton one on here.

ariel

Last year was no good, that's for sure. Though I don't understand the stick he received, which was way exaggerated in my opinion.
This year he is getting back to his old self. What impressed me most yesterday were the two times he could have went down but chose to go on. The fist time he actually went down but somehow crawled and got up again. The second time he just skipped over Mings and deservedly scored the goal.

HookedOnAPhelan

Still not were it should be and very inconsistent. He barely run against Villa on Sunday for example.
He played on the right tbf, he can't run there.

Anyway, happy with his improvement this season. Plays with much more intensity, determination and physical presence. Hopefully he keeps it up.

gza the genius

The game where he was played on the right, the one position up front that everyone knows he absolutely never plays well in? When played on the left or up front this season he's been mostly very good.

Doracle

The game where he was played on the right, the one position up front that everyone knows he absolutely never plays well in? When played on the left or up front this season he's been mostly very good.
It was the game he came on as sub, as a no 10, in the horrible experimental formation, having not been fit enough to start.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
He actually played as a 10. And his carelessness with the ball had very little to do with the position he was playing and more to do with him attempting silly flicks and whatnot.

gza the genius

He actually played as a 10. And his carelessness with the ball had very little to do with the position he was playing and more to do with him attempting silly flicks and whatnot.
Yeah you're right. I still don't think that was the best game to judge him on, it didn't seem like any of our front line had any idea what was going on that game... He can still be careless at times so I'm not trying to say he's perfect but I do think that this season, when played in his actual position, he's been very good overall.

RedStarUnited

He played on the right tbf, he can't run there.

Anyway, happy with his improvement this season. Plays with much more intensity, determination and physical presence. Hopefully he keeps it up.
This is exactly what I said earlier. Some of you just accept things for no obvious reason.

So playing on the other wing all the sudden means his effort should drop? wow.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Yeah you're right. I still don't think that was the best game to judge him on, it didn't seem like any of our front line had any idea what was going on that game... He can still be careless at times so I'm not trying to say he's perfect but I do think that this season, when played in his actual position, he's been very good overall.
To be honest I've given players like Bruno and Rashford a pass the past few games since they got shuffled around so much to fit Ronaldo. Wouldn't be fair to blame them underperforming when played in positions they are less effective in.

Glorio

Not denying that he can improve on some areas, but what he does, he does very well, and very productively. Most potent attacking player for us as Martial builds fitness. He's noticeably fitter and stronger too.

Funny thing is the better Martial gets, the better Rashford will play as they always complement each other. I can see Rashford being our top scorer this season - I think you'll see him and Martial both score loads if the Frenchman can keep fit

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
He did give the ball away cheaply, before Villa's second been a prime example. I think I watch a different game.
He does it far less. Also when he does give it away it tends to be at least when he's trying to do the right thing.

Think with his form you can almost do a post mortem of what has happened. I think under Ole, Ole just relied on him to try and 'magic' something up and sent him out there with instructions to do some damage, 'be your best you' or whatever else. The net result was a player who would, admittedly crop up with goals and assists but be tear your hair out level frustrating the rest of the time as he\d spend the other 90% of the match doing generally braindead things.

Under Ten Hag it seems like he is keeping what makes him a dangerous player but adding in better awareness and ball retention. In addition he is actually winning aerial battles and headers, something I thought I would never see the day of.

I have no complaints with his form at the moment. I do think he's just about value for the money he's being paid now, was an idiot contract he got those few years ago under Ole.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
SkySports before the match were raving about him being back. Where was he? These are basically the same performances he was showing at the start of 2020 before the injury.

AFC NimbleThumb

I wonder what excuses Rashford fans use today? Did his mum not make his favourite breakfast this morning?
He didn’t have a good game. Why would a United fan [I assume you are one] rush to this thread in this moment?

Don’t know what he had for breakfast but he needs to do far better than what we saw for long periods today.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I wonder what excuses Rashford fans use today? Did his mum not make his favourite breakfast this morning?
Didn't have a great game like the rest of the team. What the feck is the point of this comment though? Is he not allowed an off game?

AFC NimbleThumb

Didn't have a great game like the rest of the team. What the feck is the point of this comment though? Is he not allowed an off game?
There’s a section of our fanbase who wait for certain players to play badly so they can run to a thread on an internet forum & gloat. Let that sink in.

GifLord

There’s a section of our fanbase who wait for certain players to play badly so they can run to a thread on an internet forum & gloat. Let that sink in.
No there's a certain section of the fanbase that see through all the bullshit when it comes to players like Rashford, Fred, McTominay, Maguire,... The sooner we get rid of mediocrity the better the club will be

Cabin Clown

Thought he had an excellent first half but could have done better at certain times in the second. Still a positive performance all round.

AFC NimbleThumb

No there's a certain section of the fanbase that see through all the bullshit when it comes to players like Rashford, Fred, McTominay, Maguire,... The sooner we got rid of mediocrity the better the club will be
Gif you provide a great service to this forum but I’m not having Rashford listed alongside the likes of Fred & Maguire, I’m sorry but it’s not a debate I’m having cause there isn’t one.

There’s no fan that doesn’t want us to rid the club of mediocrity so don’t even start that one.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
No there's a certain section of the fanbase that see through all the bullshit when it comes to players like Rashford, Fred, McTominay, Maguire,... The sooner we get rid of mediocrity the better the club will be
Sooner the fanbase can get rid of the likes of you we'll be better as well

GifLord

Gif you provide a great service to this forum but I’m not having Rashford listed alongside the likes of Fred & Maguire, I’m sorry but it’s not a debate I’m having cause there isn’t one.

There’s no fan that doesn’t want us to rid the club of mediocrity so don’t even start that one.
Who praises a player who strings together 5 mediocre performances and then has 1 decent/good where he scores and all hell breaks lose with the overreactions. I used to see this kind of thing on RAWK 10 years ago now i'm seeing it on Redcafe weekly. Some of you are either diehard player fanboys or trolls either way the club's not progressing with mediocrity.

edit: You know what makes a great player stand out ? CONSISTENCY

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
The bullshit of 100 goals before 25, right

El Jefe

The idea of Rashford is much better than the reality. Ever since he broke through there's been a desperation to make him to be something he isn't and that's a top class forward.

You even see it with threads suggesting he could be our all time top scorer. Marcus Rashford just isn't that good it's simple. All sorts of excuses such as injury, managers, position get made for him but the truth is he's not the level of player is an important part of a winning team.

Gottabekiddingme

United fans don't think like a top club for almost a decade now...

On the left wing PSG have Mbappe, Madrid has Vinicius, Bayern has Sane, and so on... and so on... Rashford will never hit those levels and United fans need to ask themselves if they're fine with it as one of the biggest clubs in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.