Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
So, a goal or assist every 125 minutes. How does that compare to Saka, Martinelli, Bowen, Grealish or Son for example?
What is the argument you're making, that Rashford categorically is, and has been for a long time, better than these guys or that he's just involved in more goals. They are two different arguments.

Strelok

Tbh anyone who say Rashford is no good doesn't watch much football outside of United I reckon.

I have a group of friends who support other teams in England, Spain, Italia we usually watch football and drink together and all of them rate Rashford pretty high. He also has an amazing record in the big matches. If you watch the full matches of other top wingers you'd see they feck up, lose the ball and miss big chances a lot too and many have a tendency to disappear in the big matches. Highlights of course don't show that.

If he is playing for a lesser team the caf will be drooling all over his highlights and ask wtf we don't buy him for £150m I reckon.

Doracle

What is the argument you're making, that Rashford categorically is, and has been for a long time, better than these guys or that he's just involved in more goals. They are two different arguments.
I am responding to someone who posted Rashford’s stats this season, seemingly as a criticism. Having now looked, I see Saka is providing a GA fractionally more regularly (every 122 minutes) but the rest are some way off in terms of output.

Obviously I can’t prove that Rashford is “categorically” better than those other players. However, my own view is that he’s a similar level to them and I’d pick him ahead of most of them, as a left winger.

Given that most of those players are entirely unobtainable anyway, who are you suggesting we should replace him with? Can you prove that they are categorically better than him?

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Yes and xg gives the average, that's my point. He's average. We need players who outperform their xg to compete with the best.
Outside that I just think other aspects of his game are even below average.
Ronaldo is possibly the best goalscorer of all time and barely overperforms his xG.

Finishing is generally one of the less important attributes for a forward. Everything that determines whether you get yourself a high volume of good chances in the first place is far more important.

ZainCRse7en

Just like sancho, there is no doubting marcus talent and potential. Its the lack of effort and weak as piss mentality that frustrates me. Have seen too many excuses made for the lad. First its the back injury, then the out of field activities, the girlfriend issues, confidence shot, playing him on the right, playing him with Ronaldo, playing a system that does not suit him…the list goes on. Last season, i was watching him closely and when things were not going our way, he was literally strolling about on the pitch going through the motions. His body language is awful and he was so lazy to track back and defend for the team. This season with the new manager he did put in more effort and had a decent enough start but when things start going against him again, he reverts back to the zero workrate sulking marcus. When the going gets tough, he is definitely not the one you can depend on and he does not put his body on the line for this club - the club he apparently ‘loves’ so dearly.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
His comparators in/around the England set up are on:

Sancho - £350k
Sterling - £300k
Grealish - £300k
Foden - £225k
Saka - £200k
Rashford - £200k

I think it’s difficult to construct an argument that he’s worse than all of those (my own view is that he should start at the WC), suggesting that he’s actually on a relatively low wage compared to his peers.
Let's actually look at those.

Foden and Saka - both have much greater potential than Rashford due to superior technical ability.

Sterling - is being paid due to his accomplishments and the level he's reached which dwarf Rashford's despite his recent decline.

Sancho - is in the worst form of his life and performing miles and miles below his pay. So he's a bad comparison. He needs to justify his pay too.

Grealish - I'd agree. Very overrated footballer.

Man Utd 4:2 Aston Villa

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Dalot seems to be the one people mention (definitely improved) but for me Rashford is by far our most improved player. He was useless for a year and a half or so. But he's looking dangerous every time now.

Herman Toothrot

Let's actually look at those.

Foden and Saka - both have much greater potential than Rashford due to superior technical ability.

Sterling - is being paid due to his accomplishments and the level he's reached which dwarf Rashford's despite his recent decline.

Sancho - is in the worst form of his life and performing miles and miles below his pay. So he's a bad comparison. He needs to justify his pay too.

Grealish - I'd agree. Very overrated footballer.

This guys been looking at the data editor. :lol:

He's a brilliant player and well worth his money. Stand up and be a Manchester United fan you misery. Enjoy yourself and enjoy having such a great player in our side.

Reactions: sizzling sausages

TheReligion

Abusive
He’s in great form at the moment. Definitely back to it.

He got Player of the Match. Composure, strength and balance for his goal were phenomenal. The little step over and using his body to shield was awesome.

KjaAnd

Happy for him. He’s pressing has improved too. Several times today, we won the ball back in dangerous positions because he pressed when he wouldn’t have earlier this season.

M Bison

Supports
York City
I will never understand the criticism he gets in the match day thread, it’s so over the top.

Absolute class act.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

The strength he showed in the run up to his goal... :drool:

TheReligion

Abusive
Was just asked about England, it beings nervy week and the call today from Southgate and he said he’s just focused on United really :devil:

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
I’ve noticed he’s always good when Martials around or there playing together. Good partnership. Need martial to stay fit.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Could have easily gone down twice in the build up to the goal... loads of other players would have definitely gone down at the second contact from Chambers.

Stayed on his feet and got his rewards, can't trust shitty refs to give the right decision these days.

Doracle

I will never understand the criticism he gets in the match day thread, it’s so over the top.

Absolute class act.
People blaming him for making a perfect run only for Fred to take about 20 touches so he was offside when the pass eventually came was a highlight.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
Love this version of Rashford, guess it shows the impact of a top coach. My favourite thing is he doesn't give the ball away so cheaply anymore, and the aggressiveness and will to win is very apparent. Fantastic.

Bwuk

9 goals and 3 assists in 18 appearances.

Hard to complain about the numbers.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
9 goals and 3 assists in 18 appearances.

Hard to complain about the numbers.
Today someone on here said he doesn't deserve to be in the England squad based on form, and questioned me when I called him our most dangerous player...

Bwuk

Today someone on here said he doesn't deserve to be in the England squad based on form, and questioned me when I called him our most dangerous player...
He should be starting for England off the left with Saka on the right. Kane drops deep and interlinks it all. Foden at 10.

edgecutter

Blows hot and cold, but today he was on it. Keep him away from the right hand side.

Status
Not open for further replies.