6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Swiss_Red89

Good times to go into Rashford's thread after games. Last two years it was geniuly toxic and i honestly needed to stop reading it because i couldn't cope with all the hate anymore. :lol:

Superunknown

What a goal. Loved seeing that. He's our most likely source of goals, I hope he gets many more.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
This isn't a knock, cos he does also turn up in big games... but when it comes to playing "lesser" teams, he routinely shows just how 'on-another-level' he is in comparison to them... maybe more so then anyone else in our team.

But yeah he was great... he is great.

OL29

Arguably our most important player, really hope he signs a new contract because he’s devastating when utilised correctly

the_cliff

He looks hungry. Like he wants to score goals. It's the biggest change I've seen from him so far, making the right runs...

kundalini

Very good spell in the first half featuring his goal from Eriksen's corner, then assist for Martial's goal. Quieter than I'd expect after that, one super pass in the build-up to Antony's great chance and unconvincing left foot shot that was saved after Van de Beek's good pass. Don't like Rashford's positioning when Garnacho beat his man and put the ball across the face of the goal; the same thing used to happen back in Dan James' first season, no-one wanted to score the easy tap-in.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
I’m not saying he’s as good as peak Ronaldo but this is more like having Ronaldo back than having Ronaldo back was.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He’s a fantastic footballer, massive credit to him for getting back to his best. Ten Hag deserves credit too, he seems to be able to get him performing on either side or upfront which I didn’t think Rashford would ever be able to do.

Pickle85

Brilliant, again. It's so, so pleasing to see this turnaround. Long may this last. He's an extremely gifted player.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Stood up for him throughout his slump and took the stick on here and then some. I just knew he'd come good again. The lad just has too much ability to be thrown away and he's probably the most likeable player we have too. A credit to the club and his family of course.

Still think he should play from the left. He's great in those areas when he's in this form. In the summer we need to go and find a killer number 9.

Pickle85

Stood up for him throughout his slump and took the stick on here and then some. I just knew he'd come good again. The lad just has too much ability to be thrown away and he's probably the most likeable player we have too. A credit to the club and his family of course.

Still think he should play from the left. He's great in those areas when he's in this form. In the summer we need to go and find a killer number 9.
Yup. Before and during the game, Amazon (via Owen and shearer) made a big deal out of the fact that they didn't consider him a prolific 9, like it was news to anyone. Agreed that he's better off the left...can play 9 fine in a pinch but we need someone new there.

cpresc

It's exciting to see that he's done the full journey through to huge celebrity distraction and back again to humble, hungry local lad - still young and hugely talented. I think he's now going to remain focussed and become recognised as one of the best players in the world over the next few years

GMoore23

I don't think it's a coincidence he's improved massively since we got rid of Lingard permanently.
He was a terrible influence on him imo.

cj_sparky

The goal and assist are the cherry on top.

I'm finding his work rate, tracking back, closing down, movement off the ball and dropping deeper at the right times to pick up the ball far more refreshing/satisfying.

I wouldn't have been against him leaving after last year, honestly had the sinking feeling he was going the same way as Deli Alli. Happy to be wrong.

Valencia Shin Crosses

I watched al of our games. He was really bad, but ‘finished’ seems an odd term.
I think “finished” was more referring to how labored he looked, especially since he had a serious back injury already.

I’ll admit I didn’t see him getting the explosion of his 2019 self back as I figured he’d have to adapt his game instead. But hes certainly gotten it back along with a newfound composure.

Longlivekeano

Good coach, better service from midfield, more movement and interplay from team mates, less injuries, lesser off-field distractions. Back to Rashford ‘s best

Sylar

He looked finished to be fair. So glad he’s back. He’s capable of great things if he can keep going in this vein of form and fitness
I know what you mean by saying he looked finished.

It also shows that the right move / right coach for a lot of players is really important. Some either stay at a club too long or make the wrong move (which short term might be a good idea but long term for development and getting to the next level is not)

Eth coming in seems to be what rashford really needed at the time it happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.