Marcus Rashford in talks with Manchester United over new long-term deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheeky_backheel

Its neither. Its reality. Rashford is going to get 200k because it his market value. Its what he is going to get somewhere else if not at United. If anyone thinks that United is going to fight the inflation of the transfer and wage market ourselves, please keep on being delusional and not being competative going forward.
Market value? Please which stupid club, besides us, will pay Rashford 200K?

For context, Mahrez got 120k from even Citeh

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
I don’t understand why a lot of our fans don’t rate Rashford. I m glad he signed on and will most likely be our main striker for next season. Our best performance came with him leading the line with a dynamic front 3. He has the qualities to be a 20+ goals a season striker and I m looking forward to him proving a lot of fans on here wrong.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
I don’t understand why a lot of our fans don’t rate Rashford. I m glad he signed on and will most likely be our main striker for next season. Our best performance came with him leading the line with a dynamic front 3. He has the qualities to be a 20+ goals a season striker and I m looking forward to him proving a lot of fans on here wrong.

He’s too old now. Greenwood needs to start.

Sir Scott McToMinay

I rate him, I just don’t rate him as a 200k pw player at this point of his career.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Sell him to Barca if he wants 200k/wk. it’s a bad practice for the club to reward player after that awful season he had.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Is that before or after tax? I feel the sensationalist journos hand at work here. If its before then he'll be getting 117k after each week.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
At one point wasn't it 300k a week? Another week it was 250k, so it's safe to say they don't really know how much he'll be getting, and if he's going to be signing a deal soon or not.

Johan07

Your comment is equally as daft, Greenwood’s 17 as if he was ever going to make the U21 squad when his competition is players with actual senior experience.
Well, eh, yes. Exactly. Which is why its way more than daft to state that he is better than Rashford today.
If he cant make the U21s because of the competition, how the feck is he going to take Rashfords place in the United squad?

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Well, eh, yes. Exactly. Which is why its way more than daft to state that he is better than Rashford today.
If he cant make the U21s because of the competition, how the feck is he going to take Rashfords place in the United squad?
I’m not agreeing with the original poster but you made it sound like it was a bad thing that Greenwood missed out.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
How many goals should we expect from Rashford next season barring any significant injuries?
10 or 15 goals at most. That's about the best he could do, unless he suddenly up a gear become more consistent

elnorte

Freaky fly day
10 or 15 goals at most. That's about the best he could do, unless he suddenly up a gear become more consistent
Ok. I just thought with the new contract people would be expecting a better return. Then again perhaps I'm wrong to even associate these two things.

mattsville

If we persevere with Rashford long enough he probably will become a very good player but he is not a prodigy, lacking decision making and composure and misses lots of chances. Coming in from wide areas exposes this a lot as he has a decision to make, pass, dribble or shoot and he often ends up tackling himself with indecision running into defenders or tripping over the ball, he needs to learn pace is not the answer to everything, how long will it take? More excited about Greenwood, think he is a mega talent, natural finisher, two footed, total composure, nothing seems to phase him, he is part of the first team setup now and I think he will surprise a lot of people, not just opposition but our fans.

Crashoutcassius

If his 300 after bonuses is parity with pogba then pogba must be on about 200k basic too. Makes his demand for a new contract seem pretty reasonable

IrishRedDevil

If his 300 after bonuses is parity with pogba then pogba must be on about 200k basic too. Makes his demand for a new contract seem pretty reasonable
Pogba’s flat rate is £290k per week.

Rashford will get similar if he achieves all his performance related bonuses and if United also perform on the pitch, which I assume means by winning games/trophies.

IrishRedDevil

‘The contract is understood to be heavily incentivised but if Rashford meets all of his performance-related targets and if United deliver on the pitch, it could be worth in excess of £300,000 a week.’

AltiUn

How many goals should we expect from Rashford next season barring any significant injuries?
If he's main striker from start to finish then I think it's fair to expect 20 goals.

AltiUn

Pogba’s flat rate is £290k per week.

Rashford will get similar if he achieves all his performance related bonuses and if United also perform on the pitch, which I assume means by winning games/trophies.
Isn't Pogba's £140k flat? That's what the contract leak said, the rest of his bonuses and add-ons take it to £290k.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly

‘The contract is understood to be heavily incentivised but if Rashford meets all of his performance-related targets and if United deliver on the pitch, it could be worth in excess of £300,000 a week.’
Still a lot. Granted not better than straight up £300,000 a week but he is still far from being the completed a product that deserves a potential of £300k a week. I guess if he gets that amount he’ll be doing well on the pitch for us so I can’t complain but I really do hate how much we are giving to our non-world class players. Sets the bar too high for the world class players to be asking for.

Infestissumam

yeah but that info is hidden in the article and Telegraph/Ducker have happily tweeted about 300k, so a lot of fans will just eat that shite up and the unrational hatred for Rashford will just continue to grow further.

rooting hard for the kid.

Crashoutcassius

makes me think it is about 150k a week and if we win the quad and he gets team of the season and golden boot he gets 300

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!

This is precisely why I hate fishing headlines like this. He does write 'potentially', but most readers will look at the £300k figure and assume his salary is very close to £300k and bonuses are just a small fraction of it.

Rashford will have been given a contract thats according to marketvalue, not the extreme overpricing the headline indicates. His base salary is completely fine. His potential salary is also completely fine given that the incentives are no doubt about rashford scoring goals, and game winning goals.

Velvet Revolver

it's not the question of rating the player. If a 21 yr old is negotiating for 200k a week based on an average season then that sets a precedence for all players in the squad and new ones in coming. Everyone is bashing Sanchez for the wage parity. Wont this aggravate that?

Rewarding a player based on his skills and contribution is good but this is not going the right way!

Velvet Revolver

This is precisely why I hate fishing headlines like this. He does write 'potentially', but most readers will look at the £300k figure and assume his salary is very close to £300k and bonuses are just a small fraction of it.

Rashford will have been given a contract thats according to marketvalue, not the extreme overpricing the headline indicates. His base salary is completely fine. His potential salary is also completely fine given that the incentives are no doubt about rashford scoring goals, and game winning goals.
Do you have the breakdown of his salary?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He’s going to be getting 100-120k approx as most of our better players are on that.

I imagine his contract will rise across the 5 year deal, and hopefully will have plenty of bonuses that he will have to aim for.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Do you have the breakdown of his salary?
I don't. But comparable contracts will most certainly involve something like: £xk pr game started that the team wins. - a typical forward incentive. | CL Qualification bonus | Goals scored in winning game | Loyalty Bonus | Image rights | Bonus for <x> goals on the season | etc.

There are many variables that the club can play with to make up a realistic achievable salary package for the player. Alexis Sanchez is paid £75k every game he starts, and £2 million if he reaches 40 goals and assists total on a season, to name one example.

An educated guess puts Rashfords base salary around £170-180k a week before image rights and everything is piled on top. Manchester United has the biggest wage bill in the Premier League, and is run by people who do care about the clubs bottom line, so considering we are not in the CL this season, I don't think the club went full "Take all the money" on Rashford.

Kemizee

Greenwood is potential, and that's it for now. No way he could step into Rashford's boots. We can argue all day about the amount Rashford's getting paid but Greenwood is far from being a ready-made replacement.
Even though I agree with this but what exactly is Rashford?

Velvet Revolver

I don't. But comparable contracts will most certainly involve something like: £xk pr game started that the team wins. - a typical forward incentive. | CL Qualification bonus | Goals scored in winning game | Loyalty Bonus | Image rights | Bonus for <x> goals on the season | etc.

There are many variables that the club can play with to make up a realistic achievable salary package for the player. Alexis Sanchez is paid £75k every game he starts, and £2 million if he reaches 40 goals and assists total on a season, to name one example.

An educated guess puts Rashfords base salary around £170-180k a week before image rights and everything is piled on top. Manchester United has the biggest wage bill in the Premier League, and is run by people who do care about the clubs bottom line, so considering we are not in the CL this season, I don't think the club went full "Take all the money" on Rashford.
Makes sense, but when a article comes out with numbers as high as the one quoted, it is natural for someone to believe that there is a possibility that Rashford is on a high wage.

This argument never comes into play when fans here berate him for the reason for wage parity in this team!

caid

I'd say 15 goals is the minimum he should be getting next season. He got 10 last season with lukaku first choice for a lot and frequently dire performances that would drag it down. He'd need 20+ to justify the wage and the first team place. But thats kind of assuming other parts of the team are functional so its not necessarily a fair expectation.

Jibbs

Just when we thought Ole will somehow take things back on track, United succumb to player power once again, and that too to an average player at best, who is not worth more than150k per week. He won't get these ludicrous amount anywhere else in the EPL. Somebody please enlighten me how much Harry Kane and Raheem Sterling make? Two of the very best english players in premier league?

manunited1919

I hope there’s an incentive in there for assists and not just for scoring. Otherwise, he will be trying to shoot every from everywhere.

Marcus

Rashford has Ole, one of United's most clinical marksman ever as his manager. I am confident he will improve as a striker. He already has all the necessary natural talents to work with.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Just when we thought Ole will somehow take things back on track, United succumb to player power once again, and that too to an average player at best, who is not worth more than150k per week. He won't get these ludicrous amount anywhere else in the EPL. Somebody please enlighten me how much Harry Kane and Raheem Sterling make? Two of the very best english players in premier league?
Rashfords base salary is not far off £150k. Its the accumulative incentives that make up the £300k figure. Something you would have known if you had read the entire headline at least ;)

Harry Kane ears £200k pr week + bonuses. Raheem Sterling earns £180k pr week (with a potential upside of £300k weekly if criteria are met).

DoomSlayer

I found this article that is quoting the famous Football Leaks reports about wages in the Premier League. I believe they are too well-detailed to be speculation so have a read and decide for yourself.

ash_86

I have no qualms with player earning high wages if they score shit load of goals. As long as contract is heavily bonus driven then fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.