Marcus Rashford in talks with Manchester United over new long-term deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

KennyBurner

Winger haha

Rashford has played huge chunk of his united left or right wing. You are distorting reality suggestion hes been played as a pure CF.
I think you both agree with each other... Jesus was who he meant plays as a pure CF.

KennyBurner

Yes he is the bigger asset. He's make a bigger impact on the team, and he is considered more valuable by just about every system out there that attempts to assign a value to a player. He's far more marketable, has the drive to improve, is a regular feature in the international side and is younger. If both players were put up for sale today the interest in Rashford, and the price we could demand for the player, would far outweigh what we would get for Martial.
I dont agree with what you've written other than the bolded part but Im about to head to bed...its almost 3am. I'll get back at the remaining later.

jeepers

I’m concerned at the figures being thrown about for Rashford’s pay increase. Seems he’ll be Ole’s first choice regardless whether Lukaku stays or leaves. I’m unsure if Rashford is good enough now to be the starting, leading striker for us. But what do I know, I’m just a fan reading Redcafe in my pants having some scotch.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I dont agree with what you've written other than the bolded part but Im about to head to bed...its almost 3am. I'll get back at the remaining later.
When you wake up find any site that considers Martial more valuable than Rashford. He's almost universally considered the bigger talent and the more valuable asset. You might not agree with it but that's the way it is.

Devils11

Sergio Aguero £260,000 a week
Harry Kane £200,000 a week
Luis Suarez £290,000 a week
Robert Lewandowski £197,000 a week

Then, there is Marcus Rashford at £250,000 a week? :wenger:
Ederson 70k
Allison 90k
DDG 350k???

If people are arguing using his performance last season, then what about Mata getting 140k, Lukaku 180k, Martial 250k and DDG asking for 350k? Why can't he ask for 250k now ? Rashford has been underpaid at 45k since his last contract in 2016. If he leave for free, he can easily get 250k elsewhere ( 50m over 4yrs ). Why would he ask for a lower wages ? Just because he is a local lad and love Utd?

redIndianDevil

250000 per week is utter moronic for Rashford. Hope the news is false. We could sign two better players and will be a better investment than keeping Rashford.

redIndianDevil

Saw this pop up on my Facebook. Why does he want more money?

Damn is that really Rashford? I once saw Dani Alves pictured in golden dress and thought there is no other way than this to look like an idiot but Rashford shows that it is possible. Silliest thing I've seen in a very long time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Johan07

Same thing
Its not the same at all, since its awarded by an external party and not something that automatically follows by the number of goals and assists that a player contributes. Defenders have won the Ballon Dor.
You cant effectively affect that award by insisting on taking freekicks and penalties before your teammates for example, in chase of bonuses, which is something we have seen around Europe. That incitament should not even be there from the beginning.

redIndianDevil

When you wake up find any site that considers Martial more valuable than Rashford. He's almost universally considered the bigger talent and the more valuable asset. You might not agree with it but that's the way it is.
If we put up Martial and Rashford for sale tomorrow, Martial will have the highest number of takers and will be worth money. There is no club stupid enough(outside England) to waste money silly money on Rashford.

redIndianDevil

Is this partly to do with marketing and PR? Most of our marketing of the club these days seems to be centred around Rashford and Lingard. More so if Pogba leaves.
Marketing for what? Lingard and Rashford may be marketable in England but in my part of India among the United fans, they are considered utter garbage ( in terms of skills). I'm not sure about other parts of the world, IMHO you either have to be very good at football or at least look extremely good (if you are average at football) to be considered marketable.

haram

If we put up Martial and Rashford for sale tomorrow, Martial will have the highest number of takers and will be worth money. There is no club stupid enough(outside England) to waste money silly money on Rashford.
I think you are very wrong, but out of curiosity, how much do you think they would both go for?

redIndianDevil

I think you are very wrong, but out of curiosity, how much do you think they would both go for?
On current form, 20m would be the opening bid for Martial. And Rashford like I have said already would have no takers in Europe considering the wages he demands right now.

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
This is the true postcode lottery. This kid wouldn't be playing premiership football if he wasn't born in Manchester and now he is going to get a quarter of a million pounds per week.

haram

This is getting out of hand. Other than Mbappe, name me forwards under the age of 21 who are better than Rashford.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
On current form, 20m would be the opening bid for Martial. And Rashford like I have said already would have no takers in Europe considering the wages he demands right now.
Christ.

Thiagoal

It's really quite sad that our supposed supporters would much rather get on the back of our players than support them! Thank goodness for the real supporters that turn up week in week out at Old Trafford!

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
ffs there are much much worse players playing in the PL. Wtf do some of you smoke ?
You're right I am a little baked this morning and not explaining myself.
I'm not saying he is not good enough to play in the league but that we was incredibly lucky to get his chance here and take it. That a thousand small decisions and details led to him being in this position and he wouldn't have had those anywhere else. From being the only club with a desperate obsession with playing locals to having an eccentric manager with a genuine love for encouraging young players and filling them with confidence in a way few others could, the ridiculously small squad, the overwhelming injury crisis, the oppositions he faced, the lack of pressure because nobody knew who he was (even those who watch the youth teams never expected him to make the first team) and that he wouldn't have found any of those situations at any other club in the league. He had taken some chances and shown some form but paying him 12 million a year to lead our front line when I doubt he's got 20 goals in him next year is not a good idea.

SaintMuppet

Assuming reports are true,

I’d make him a ‘good’ offer. By good I mean an offer that is hard for others to match but nothing stupid just to keep him and his agent happy. A message needs to be sent that pants are no longer coming off as and when....

If he won’t take it then sell him. If we hope to change the attitude and culture at the club surely it must start with removing greed as the prime motivator for being Here.

If we are getting our pants pulled down all the time then we may as well give up.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
You're right I am a little baked this morning and not explaining myself.
I'm not saying he is not good enough to play in the league but that we was incredibly lucky to get his chance here and take it. That a thousand small decisions and details led to him being in this position and he wouldn't have had those anywhere else. From being the only club with a desperate obsession with playing locals to having an eccentric manager with a genuine love for encouraging young players and filling them with confidence in a way few others could, the ridiculously small squad, the overwhelming injury crisis, the oppositions he faced, the lack of pressure because nobody knew who he was (even those who watch the youth teams never expected him to make the first team) and that he wouldn't have found any of those situations at any other club in the league. He had taken some chances and shown some form but paying him 12 million a year to lead our front line when I doubt he's got 20 goals in him next year is not a good idea.
Where you see luck, it can also be argued he belongs to a cast of players who make it at United as a pro, it's a very tough thing. We as fans, take it for granted how hard it is for a youngster to break through and to be trusted by the club. He is far from the finished article of course but considering he's managed to make himself an important player at the club, he kinda deserves some credit. The hope is that he doesn't rest on his laurels and further improves as a player.

Marcelinho87

This reads like it is from 2010... 20m??

At a time when Longstaff bidding begins at £25 and the McGinn geezer from Villa is £50m.

You would be looking at £50m start for both in this market, easily.

And, there is a reason West Ham were linked with Martial and Rashford had links with Barcelona.

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
Where you see luck, it can also be argued he belongs to a cast of players who make it at United as a pro, it's a very tough thing. We as fans, take it for granted how hard it is for a youngster to break through and to be trusted by the club. He is far from the finished article of course but considering he's managed to make himself an important player at the club, he kinda deserves some credit. The hope is that he doesn't rest on his laurels and further improves as a player.
I can't really argue with that, I guess it's not his fault that we are lacking in other areas on the pitch or that he doesn't have adequate competition. Il certainly support him and hope that he reaches that potential but paying him such a big contract won't help him or the club to do so.

I shouldn't come in here high, I just find myself agreeing with everybody. My arguments crumble as I become too agreeable.

kouroux

I can't really argue with that, I guess it's not his fault that we are lacking in other areas on the pitch or that he doesn't have adequate competition. Il certainly support him and hope that he reaches that potential but paying him such a big contract won't help him or the club to do so.

I shouldn't come in here high, I just find myself agreeing with everybody. My arguments crumble as I become too agreeable.
It's always a risk club take (again I have no idea regarding his contract and bonuses but let's assume it's a lot of money), I just hope it doesn't make things difficult down the line when it comes extending other players.

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
It's always a risk club take (again I have no idea regarding his contract and bonuses but let's assume it's a lot of money), I just hope it doesn't make things difficult down the line when it comes extending other players.
That's the big worry, I could see it coming with Sanchez. Even if he would have been a good player for us, it would still encourage other to push for parity. Same reason I didn't want that Rabiot, 250k a week for a player that is worth half as much just because he is a free transfer, it may look god in the short term but it just throws everything out of order.

Kemizee

I’m concerned at the figures being thrown about for Rashford’s pay increase. Seems he’ll be Ole’s first choice regardless whether Lukaku stays or leaves. I’m unsure if Rashford is good enough now to be the starting, leading striker for us. But what do I know, I’m just a fan reading Redcafe in my pants having some scotch.
Truth be told, he is not. I will even go as far as saying Lukaku is the better striker and finisher but what he does lack is ball control ability, and running in behind.He is also prone to eccentricity when playing.

Rashford has a more modern style of play and probably more skills and silkiness compared to Lukaku's akwardness on the ball and that makes a lot of people overhype his actual ability. God help us if Rashford is out leading CF next season. Nowhere near good enough!

redIndianDevil

This reads like it is from 2010... 20m??

At a time when Longstaff bidding begins at £25 and the McGinn geezer from Villa is £50m.

You would be looking at £50m start for both in this market, easily.

And, there is a reason West Ham were linked with Martial and Rashford had links with Barcelona.
The ridiculously high wages we pay makes it extremely difficult for clubs to pay higher transfer fees as the paying club has to somehow match the wages being paid as no player will take a drastic pay cut. This is the reason why we are finding to extremely difficult to move on duds from our squad.

If you really believe that Barcelona were in for Rashford then there is no hope you. It's clear as feck that such bullshit rumours are spread by the Rashford's agent to make us offer him a better contract.

redIndianDevil

It will definitely make things more difficult if we start handing out such contracts. I have no idea how so many agents keep pulling down our pants, first it was Rooney and just when we thought we finally got rid off that problem we did it again with Sanchez and now again the same mistake with Rashford.

Ajaxsuarez

Supports
Ajax
There's no pleasing some people. De Ligt has had 1 good season at Ajax is having money thrown at him. If Rashford was French or playing in Germany you guys would be glad to pay this for him.

If we put him for sale plenty of clubs will pay him that.
De Ligt has had an incrededible, consistent 2.5 seasons actually. he won the golden boy award off performances mostly before this season

kouroux

It will definitely make things more difficult if we start handing out such contracts. I have no idea how so many agents keep pulling down our pants, first it was Rooney and just when we thought we finally got rid off that problem we did it again with Sanchez and now again the same mistake with Rashford.
It will only make difficult if Rashford doesn't perform to the levels we want him to reach. If for instance, he becomes much better then the club will feel vindicated.
It didn't work out for Sanchez because he is finished as a footballer

manunited1919

What? Why? Because he shoots too much or wants to take all set pieces? There is no evidence of this but it’s brought up here like its gospel
You want evidence that Rashfords ego has gotten out of hand? For starters, did you watch him play during the last 6 months? Many times he won’t pass the ball to a better positioned teammate, he shoots from distance into the stands on multiple occasions, way too much, and many times he has killed our attack. And if you want evidence his ego has been agrandized recently, look for his gold chain with a huge gold “Rashy”. If that’s not a big ego, I don’t know what you would consider a big ego.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Marketing for what? Lingard and Rashford may be marketable in England but in my part of India among the United fans, they are considered utter garbage ( in terms of skills). I'm not sure about other parts of the world, IMHO you either have to be very good at football or at least look extremely good (if you are average at football) to be considered marketable.
I don't know, you'd have to ask the club PR department but they seem to be pushing the pair as the "face of United". Maybe trying to appeal to younger fans with their fashion sense etc?

manunited1919

It's really quite sad that our supposed supporters would much rather get on the back of our players than support them! Thank goodness for the real supporters that turn up week in week out at Old Trafford!
This is a forum for supporters to exchange opinions, and not everyone has the same opinion. Just because some fans believe Rashford is average (that’s not my opinion, BTW) doesn’t mean they are less of a fan than someone who believes Rashford will one day be amongst the best players in the world (not my opinion either). If it bothers you so much that not every fan has the same opinions as you, maybe the CAF isn’t for you.

TheLittleOne

Damn is that really Rashford? I once saw Dani Alves pictured in golden dress and thought there is no other way than this to look like an idiot but Rashford shows that it is possible. Silliest thing I've seen in a very long time.
He makes Vanilla Ice look cool :(

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Rashford asking for 250k a week highlights everything wrong with this club. Players no longer really care the club, they only trying to squeeze as many pounds as they can, with unrealistic expectation, and back up by their poor performances.

Status
Not open for further replies.