Marcus Rashford - Linked to PSG

Tallis

I don’t think would ever happen but would be cool to sell him and generate enough money to buy Antony. I would be quite pleased with that swap.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
The key question is, does his excellency, the royal prince highness Kylian Mbappe want him at the club??

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Selling Rashford would allow us to play Sancho on the left, where he’s clearly more effective.

All things considered, 40m is about right to part ways with Marcus. A shame that over the last 24 months he’s performed as though he’s had the parking brake on. He played far too long with injury, waited too long for the surgery and his head got fukked for a variety of reasons. Best for all parties that he move on.

If a sale is no longer possible, perhaps a season long loan to a European club so that he can escape the cauldron of the British media and PL chaos and hopefully rebuild his confidence.
Sancho played on the left loads last season and wasn't effective at all. He finished the season with almost identical stats to Rashford.

lex talionis

Sancho played on the left loads last season and wasn't effective at all. He finished the season with almost identical stats to Rashford.
The squad as a whole was catastrophic last season, bar a few top performances from Ronaldo and relatively decent performances by De Gea. While I don't disagree that Sancho was not effective in his first season with United, he definitely looked better than Rashford, at least on occasion.

Since this is the Rashford thread and not the Sancho thread let's focus on Rashford very briefly. Although we can point to injuries as a contributing factor, the undeniable truth is that he's been ineffective the last two seasons. The season before that he was still something of a breakout player whose game consisted entirely of pace. That pace is gone now and he just doesn't have the technique or vision to be consistently effective in the PL. I can't even remember the name of the Brentford RB Rashford went up against but my understanding if that that RB was playing his second game in the PL and he had Rashford in his pocket. I hate to say that any footballer is done but Rashford doesn't look at all like he's up for it any longer at Old Trafford.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
The squad as a whole was catastrophic last season, bar a few top performances from Ronaldo and relatively decent performances by De Gea. While I don't disagree that Sancho was not effective in his first season with United, he definitely looked better than Rashford, at least on occasion.

Since this is the Rashford thread and not the Sancho thread let's focus on Rashford very briefly. Although we can point to injuries as a contributing factor, the undeniable truth is that he's been ineffective the last two seasons. The season before that he was still something of a breakout player whose game consisted entirely of pace. That pace is gone now and he just doesn't have the technique or vision to be consistently effective in the PL. I can't even remember the name of the Brentford RB Rashford went up against but my understanding if that that RB was playing his second game in the PL and he had Rashford in his pocket. I hate to say that any footballer is done but Rashford doesn't look at all like he's up for it any longer at Old Trafford.
Ah right so the squad being a mess last season isn't a stick to beat Sancho with but it is for Rashford.

Can't you see the utter hypocrisy there mate?

I'm not even convinced Sancho will ever have a season as good for us as one of Rashford's better ones.

lex talionis

Ah right so the squad being a mess last season isn't a stick to beat Sancho with but it is for Rashford.

Can't you see the utter hypocrisy there mate?

I'm not even convinced Sancho will ever have a season as good for us as one of Rashford's better ones.
It's not at all unusual for a new player to not have a good first season at Old Trafford and then improve dramatically thereafter. Vidic and Evra come to mind. De Gea is another one. It's actually a standard expectation that it takes a season for a new player at any PL club to hit top gear. Some hit top gear immediately, but most do not.

But you could well be right that Sancho may never have a good season for us, but it would be good form of you to acknowledge that Sancho walked into an erupting volcano last season.

croadyman

It's not at all unusual for a new player to not have a good first season at Old Trafford and then improve dramatically thereafter. Vidic and Evra come to mind. De Gea is another one. It's actually a standard expectation that it takes a season for a new player at any PL club to hit top gear. Some hit top gear immediately, but most do not.

But you could well be right that Sancho may never have a good season for us, but it would be good form of you to acknowledge that Sancho walked into an erupting volcano last season.
Still an erupting volcano

lex talionis

Still an erupting volcano
I forgot about Carrick, another United transfer who got off the blocks slowly but quickly established himself as a brilliant acquisition.

But the difference between Vidic/Evra/Carrick and Sancho/Varane (Ronaldo is in his own league) is that United were truly an erupting volcano of shit last season.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
I think EtH’s first mistake is / will be keeping Rashford here when there is genuine interest in him and when we can actually get a good transfer fee. £50-60m is nothing to be sniffed at and he’s been underperforming since Jan 2021. Now’s the time to sanction a sale.

Let him go and we can have Sancho, Garnacho and possibly Martial on the left.

Use that money to either bring in Antony (a long shot), Gakpo, or Asensio and Pulisic on loan. We’ll still have Amad and Elanga as back up for the right.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I think EtH’s first mistake is / will be keeping Rashford here when there is genuine interest in him and when we can actually get a good transfer fee. £50-60m is nothing to be sniffed at and he’s been underperforming since Jan 2021. Now’s the time to sanction a sale.

Let him go and we can have Sancho, Garnacho and possibly Martial on the left.

Use that money to either bring in Antony (a long shot), Gakpo, or Asensio and Pulisic on loan. We’ll still have Amad and Elanga as back up for the right.
The interest isn't genuine though. That's the point.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
Maybe they already gave up on Vinicius but if the interest is real Manchester United should sell him. The only downside is that the squad is already thin upfront but if the offer is good they should go ahead.

WPMUFC

100m for Antony, Rashford will be lucky to get tin-pot cup games and Europa. Sancho LW and Antony RW if we are insane enough to persist with the Antony move. Get rid and hope to blunt some of the antony fee with this sale. :(

spiriticon

I am getting sick of this club and the 'not for sale' BS.

Everyone who played a part in last season's campaign is absolutely for sale at the right price.

We are OPEN for business.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC

Everyone who played a part in last season's campaign is absolutely for sale at the right price.

The club disagrees. And I have a feeling they don't care that much about your opinion on this

spiriticon

The club disagrees. And I have a feeling they don't care that much about your opinion on this
They probably don't. Which is why we won't be having any true rebuild anytime soon.

All this talk of evolutions and revolutions can go into the bin. More Glazer guff.

John Murtough has the easiest DOF job in the world

Xaviboy

Sell. Won't be missed and if goes to PSG won't take long to fall of the cliff and end up not playing much when they relise he just isn't a good player.

ForeverRed1

Sell. Won't be missed and if goes to PSG won't take long to fall of the cliff and end up not playing much when they relise he just isn't a good player.
He’d do better in French league than PL for sure. There is a half decent player in him.. just not here. He needs a new challenge, I think it’d do him wonders.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
He’d do better in French league than PL for sure. There is a half decent player in him.. just not here. He needs a new challenge, I think it’d do him wonders.
Id love to see him in the Bundesliga.

He would get Sancho stats plus more

ForeverRed1

Id love to see him in the Bundesliga.

He would get Sancho stats plus more
yeah, then people would say we shouldn’t of sold him, shambles club but sometimes too much happens at a football club and players need something different. I think that applies for rashford. It feels like were holding out incase he comes good again.. but he’s 24 now and it’s not happening, even with all the talk and interviews before the season started.

also the PL hits different.

Varun1

Assuming what's being reported is true, I agree with you.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"

I very much think we're open to selling Rashford but using it as a negotiation tactic to drive up the price.

By the end of the window I reckon Rashford will be at PSG and Antony at United

ThanksBoss26

There's a few that just look mentally shot by the last year to the point where I'm not sure they can turn it around here. He does look like he has the feel of a man who'd benefit from a change.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Is that the Tevez agent?
That's Joorabchian. Zahavi was allegedly a friend of SAF and someone that the club would use as an intermediary, he was Rio's agent.

AndySmith1990

Hope we call his bluff and let him continue his pursuit of PSG. I've no doubt he's simply waiting for a new contract offer

ForeverRed1

There's a few that just look mentally shot by the last year to the point where I'm not sure they can turn it around here. He does look like he has the feel of a man who'd benefit from a change.
Rashford, maguire, shaw, awb, bailley, De Gea could all benefit from a change and command a alright fee which would give us good money to rebuild with. Too late in window now though. Also we should of release Ronaldo much earlier. He looks done here too.

id keep Bruno and sancho although they don’t look like their enjoying their football at all either.

I agree with this, a couple of players aside.

Last season was so horrendous we really should be looking at switching out 5-6 of the starting eleven, and if that means a few players need to be sold in order to raise money, so be it. As @ThanksBoss26 says, a load of our players, whilst talented, look mentally shot from last season.

We need to be going into September with an almost unrecognisable team from last season.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!

What do you expect them to say :confused:

ThanksBoss26

I agree with this, a couple of players aside.

Last season was so horrendous we really should be looking at switching out 5-6 of the starting eleven, and if that means a few players need to be sold in order to raise money, so be it. As @ThanksBoss26 says, a load of our players, whilst talented, look mentally shot from last season.

We need to be going into September with an almost unrecognisable team from last season.
Correct. I'm normally not a fan of loads of change in such a short time but feel it's the only way to go for us now.

spiriticon

What do you expect them to say :confused:
'Let's talk business'?

It may not necessarily lead to a sale, but let's open negotiations at least. Might even have a bidding war if we are lucky.

And you know what, if Rashford knows we are seriously thinking of selling, he might be inclined to work harder and be better. This also sends a message to the rest of the team who want to keep earning their 300k a week jackpot here

Last edited: