Marcus Rashford new contract thread | It's officially signed

Status
Not open for further replies.

AfonsoAlves

I don't understand why when players go through a slump or when teams go through a slump fans immediately go "yeah he's done, he's shit, his attitude is the problem he's finished."

The same thing happened with Rooney about three times. He had this spell where he didn't score for 8 games and everyone called for him to be dropped for Louis Saha.

People go through bad phases and times out of form - it happens. Do you think Rashford is sat there thinking "I'm going to play terrible tomorrow because why not?"

The entire team is bad right now - to highlight individual players because they happened to have coincidentally gotten a new contract or something right when the team started to crash and burn is very toxic in my opinion.

Dorris

I don't understand why when players go through a slump or when teams go through a slump fans immediately go "yeah he's done, he's shit, his attitude is the problem he's finished."

The same thing happened with Rooney about three times. He had this spell where he didn't score for 8 games and everyone called for him to be dropped for Louis Saha.

People go through bad phases and times out of form - it happens. Do you think Rashford is sat there thinking "I'm going to play terrible tomorrow because why not?"

The entire team is bad right now - to highlight individual players because they happened to have coincidentally gotten a new contract or something right when the team started to crash and burn is very toxic in my opinion.
No he doesn’t think ‘I’m going to play terrible’, but what he does do is consistently put in below the minimum effort required. That’s why he infuriates people.

17Larsson

Not a malefactor just a lagomorph
No he doesn’t think ‘I’m going to play terrible’, but what he does do is consistently put in below the minimum effort required. That’s why he infuriates people.
It's as simple as that. If he just played on his toes, watched the game around him, challenged for the ball, basically took part in the game when the ball isn't at his feet he would be getting none of this criticism

OleGunnar20

Yep, spot on. Bad form is fine but lacklustre effort is not.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Disagree. Rashford of last season was world class. Dragged us into champions league practically on his own.
He was still a player who turned up in moments. Moments players are capable of some great numbers but his issue is he is too hot and cold in his career. I think he still has some gaping holes in his game to be considered World Class. Saka is the ilk he should aspire to be like really, that is true world class in my opinion.

jesperjaap

Agree with the general sentment bt think its the other way round with Rashford. Rashford of the 3month spell last season was world class and worthy of the contract he has just signed. But that his opposite of a slumo, the last four years or so before hand and even the end of last season.....he has probably had a good six months or so in the rest of the time, he simply isnt a player that contributes consistently enogh to the team on or off the ball or concistently enogh a star player to warrant anything like £325k a week.

Look at the consistency individualy and the work for the team someone like Saka shows, there are for me a few players in the ENgland squad better let alone the world.

For me it isnt a case of him beign finished at all, more a case of despite being taleted, he has alway sbeen overhyped individually as a world class player can get away more with less of a team contribtion.

We never learn, we hand ot big contracts in fear of losign players on a free, players that really we should be considering cashing in on instead and then complaing a couple of years later that we cant sell them becasue nobody will pay the wages, it isnt st a case of signing players on hge wages, we are rewarding those already here and I feel Rashford will be another one in a cople of years time we will be having those same conversations about.

He is only a star player here as we have barely had start players consistently in terms of performance, Take away last seasons signings as we need to see how they do over a longer period of time.....we havent had a star player since DeGea in his prime where he was consistently world class for 2/3seasons, maybe Ibrahimovic but that was only for a year....Pogba, Rashford, Fernandes.....none of them have consistently performed over a full season le alone several to warrant the status. People now admit it with Pogba, give it time and they will with the others as well, good players, not great players.....certainly not world class star players for me

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Disagree. Rashford of last season was world class. Dragged us into champions league practically on his own.
Absolutely, well said. Marcus and Bruno are our best players, our most productive and most creative players and the pelters they take from our own fan base is ridiculous.
He was still a player who turned up in all the right moments.
FTFY

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Absolutely, well said. Marcus and Bruno are our best players, our most productive and most creative players and the pelters they take from our own fan base is ridiculous.
He clearly needs the right environment though. The Glazers do not create that environment.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
He clearly needs the right environment though. The Glazers do not create that environment.
The Glazers don’t create any environment mate, they are not interested. The club is adrift and there is no excellence in the organisation. That’s why players like Marcus and Bruno create ‘moments’ because their talent shines through and they rise above when they aren’t weighed down by the chaos and dysfunction around them.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
The Glazers don’t create any environment mate, they are not interested. The club is adrift and there is no excellence in the organisation. That’s why players like Marcus and Bruno create ‘moments’ because their talent shines through and they rise above when they aren’t weighed down by the chaos and dysfunction around them.
They are interested in money and exhausting pre season tours and buying not quite good enough players to scrape fourth place.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
He’s in no way world class. Has the attributes to be but not where it matters most.
He's got the physical, at a push technical but in no way does he have world class decision-making which is his undoing. This also means he's got issues being consistently great which is needed to be world class on the pitch and not on the PR side.

Waynne

You have seen the Burnley game where he just flat out stopped sprinting back to track the attacking player (stopped running then threw his hands in the air) and that move almost resulted in us going a goal down.
He left Dalot with a 1 vs 2 situation. Any half decent team would punish you for that.

When have you seen Rooney do that? He'd rather attempt a tackle and if he's really pissed off, try and kick a few lumps out of the opposition player which is good to see because it shows you he actually gave a feck.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Having Rashy on 350K/week, with all his ups and downs, given that we have known him since he was a kid and nothing is hidden, was the insanely dumb thing to do even for United, which pays players dumb salaries as a habit

Literally, Rashy was given 350 because Sancho was already on 300 and clearly Rashy was better for 6mo before contract signing. Now Sancho is banned from main team and Rashy plays worse than EPL wingers on 1/6 of his salary

Our club is run by complete idiots

hobbers

He doesnt have the intelligence to be world class.

He's 25 and still runs down every blind alley that presents itself. Couldnt tell him apart from Garnacho and Hannibal when it comes to lack of composure.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
17 premier goals for our main attacker is not world class
Who are all these world class goalscorers, considering only five scored more non-penalty goals in the top four leagues: Haaland, Kane, Lewandowski, Oshimen and L. Martinez?

Not Benzema, not Salah, not Mane, not Saka, Martinelli or anyone else from Arsenal, not Son, not Lukaku, not Griezmann, not any of the flavours of this season, last season or two seasons ago who play inside left.

TrueRed79

He will never shine in a non-functioning team. It's been obvious for a long time. He's a very good player, that much is clear, but he's come through the ranks in a dysfunctional club. Been asked to play a lot of different roles as well, which for me hasn't been good for his development. He gets way too much bad press around these forums though. I do agree with his body language on the pitch, and his lack of work rate at times.

Anustart89

My main problem with Rashford (apart from his laziness in pressing) is that he always seems to want to shoot his way out of a poor run of form. You'd think that when you're in poor form, you'd want to go back to the basics, do the simple things like passing and moving and giving the ball to teammates in better positions. But Rashford (this was the case when he was injured under Ole as well) seems to just see poor form as an even bigger reason to get his head down and try to bulldoze through three-four defenders before launching a wild shot at goal.

Very frustrating to watch these days.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
My main problem with Rashford (apart from his laziness in pressing) is that he always seems to want to shoot his way out of a poor run of form. You'd think that when you're in poor form, you'd want to go back to the basics, do the simple things like passing and moving and giving the ball to teammates in better positions. But Rashford (this was the case when he was injured under Ole as well) seems to just see poor form as an even bigger reason to get his head down and try to bulldoze through three-four defenders before launching a wild shot at goal.

Very frustrating to watch these days.
This is it. He doesn’t do the basics very well so when he’s not banging them in he feels almost useless.

iHicksy

Having Rashy on 350K/week, with all his ups and downs, given that we have known him since he was a kid and nothing is hidden, was the insanely dumb thing to do even for United, which pays players dumb salaries as a habit

Literally, Rashy was given 350 because Sancho was already on 300 and clearly Rashy was better for 6mo before contract signing. Now Sancho is banned from main team and Rashy plays worse than EPL wingers on 1/6 of his salary

Our club is run by complete idiots
Sancho isn't on close to that and neither is Rashford.

Firstly we implemented a 200k wage cap shortly after ETH came in, case and bruno are on 175-200. So there's no way Rashford is on more, as the rule is no one will earn more than that going forwards. Rashford has now gone up to 200k. Sancho is on something like 265k - which is still insane, I agree but let's not make out we're paying him insane numbers.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
Sancho isn't on close to that and neither is Rashford.

Firstly we implemented a 200k wage cap shortly after ETH came in, case and bruno are on 175-200. So there's no way Rashford is on more, as the rule is no one will earn more than that going forwards. Rashford has now gone up to 200k. Sancho is on something like 265k - which is still insane, I agree but let's not make out we're paying him insane numbers.
It has Sancho in 350 a week here. Don't know how accurate it is.

https://www.spotrac.com/epl/manchester-united-fc/payroll//

edit

maybe this is more reliable

https://www.capology.com/club/manchester-united/salaries/

ShinjiNinja26

Well thank god for the Saudi league then, because we would never be able to sell a 34 year old on those wages.
I could see a Saudi side coming in for Casemiro and Varane either next summer or the one after. Two star names that have won it all, fits their MO. Wouldn’t be surprised if Ronaldo is pushing his side to do it, I’m sure he’ll be trying to convince the pair of them to join him.

iHicksy

It has Sancho in 350 a week here. Don't know how accurate it is.

https://www.spotrac.com/epl/manchester-united-fc/payroll//

edit

maybe this is more reliable

https://www.capology.com/club/manchester-united/salaries/
Don't get me wrong, a ton of places reported it as 350k. But he's certainly not on that. I don't have the link to hand but our wage figures were leaked and he was on 200 something. It might be that with the champions league reduction(s) it was brought down. But regardless he's not on that now. Don't forget, the same papers are reporting we're paying Mount 300k a week when he was on 80k at Chelsea. It's just nonsense, they love to report we're paying crazy figures for wages and it's not true.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
I could see a Saudi side coming in for Casemiro and Varane either next summer or the one after. Two star names that have won it all, fits their MO. Wouldn’t be surprised if Ronaldo is pushing his side to do it, I’m sure he’ll be trying to convince the pair of them to join him.
Honesty, I wouldn't mind if they both left next summer. We should be brining in younger players in my opinion.

lex talionis

According to The Daily Mail:

The 25-year-old is an avid collector of luxury cars and recently added a third Rolls Royce - a £560,000 Cullinan Blue Shadow - to his growing stable of supercars.

Other cars in Rashford’s expensive collection include a £280,000 McLaren 765 Long Tail and a £350,000 Lamborghini Urus Performante.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Honesty, I wouldn't mind if they both left next summer. We should be brining in younger players in my opinion.
If we build around them with some younger legs then there’s no reason they couldn’t be important parts of the squad. They’ve won everything there is to win, and we should know after the way we broke up fergies last team that it’s not a trait you should give up easily.

It’s just injures and suspensions that we need to be wary of really but they’ve got loads of experience we should be utilising.

Withnail

According to The Daily Mail:

The 25-year-old is an avid collector of luxury cars and recently added a third Rolls Royce - a £560,000 Cullinan Blue Shadow - to his growing stable of supercars.

Other cars in Rashford’s expensive collection include a £280,000 McLaren 765 Long Tail and a £350,000 Lamborghini Urus Performante.
And...?

telstar96

Rashford probably since the start of Ole's reign has been the focal point of our attack and still remains that to this day. He's blessed technically and athletically. When he strings it all together he can be spell binding.

However, his IQ and decision making is so poor. He can go through games making mistake after mistake, which you wouldn't expect from an elite winger. That is why I think people (including myself) are so critical of him. We rely on him like a Messi/Ronaldo type of player but he's just never going to be reliable enough to be that player.

If United really wanted to challenge for the league, Rashford can't be our main guy in attack. He's just far too inconsistent for that. He'll have a run of 10-15 games of absolute worldie performances and then go missing for the rest of the season.

KD6-3.7

This is it. He doesn’t do the basics very well so when he’s not banging them in he feels almost useless.
He feels like a detriment to the team when he is in this current form. Of course he might still show up with a moment of brilliance but there’s already been so many times this season when he chooses to shoot from the most ridiculous angles, keeps running down blind alleys and just looking clueless in possession which results in him losing the ball most times and thats not including his mentality and body language which has been inexcusable lately.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
The 85% who voted to sell rather than than give him a huge new contract were rightly laughed at during his purple patch but the truth was probably somewhere in between. He has big flaws in his game.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Yeah I believe there was already interest in Varane this summer past but he wanted to remain in Europe (for now).

GiveItToGi...nowait

Wayne Rooney is (in my opinion) one of the best players to play for united, if you disagree with that fair enough he had his flaws, but he was at least an above average match winner.

Go and watch his performances for us when he was moved to the wing, the man never stopped working for the team and he would more often than not come up with a moment of quality to win a game.

I’m going to say something controversial here, Marcos Rashford is not on the same level as Wayne Rooney and yet he will routinely give up tracking back or getting back into defensive shape. Against Burnley for the Onana save from the header he is both out of position for the initial cross field pass and then, once he has realised, he runs back only to give up once the player gets to the edge of our box. This is basic, basic stuff. Just the hard yards you need to put in when the club is under pressure. This is the stuff that earns you adoration and patience from the fans when the goals dry up.

I desperately want Rashford to succeed at United and I get the whole “main attacking outlet who is saving his legs to go the other way” thing, but he’s not Rooney and he definitely ain’t Ronaldo, so he’s got to earn the right to play with the ball at his feet.

Hammondo

Rashford probably since the start of Ole's reign has been the focal point of our attack and still remains that to this day. He's blessed technically and athletically. When he strings it all together he can be spell binding.

However, his IQ and decision making is so poor. He can go through games making mistake after mistake, which you wouldn't expect from an elite winger. That is why I think people (including myself) are so critical of him. We rely on him like a Messi/Ronaldo type of player but he's just never going to be reliable enough to be that player.

If United really wanted to challenge for the league, Rashford can't be our main guy in attack. He's just far too inconsistent for that. He'll have a run of 10-15 games of absolute worldie performances and then go missing for the rest of the season.
He's average technically.

Status
Not open for further replies.