Marcus Rashford (Out)

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
He only scores goals. When he isn't doing that, he adds nothing. He's basically a better version of Antony.
Antony’s crap but his overall game is much better than Rashford. Can actually control the ball and retain possession and at least he works hard out of it. Rashford is a nothing player when he’s not scoring, doesn’t try, doesn’t put himself about, doesn’t use his physical assets. I’ll always like the man and respect him as a person and Manchester Utd fan, but as a player I’ve never been a fan. I don’t think he has all that much talent and really never has. Would be best for Utd if we moved on and replaced him with an all round better player.

Piskin

Rashford, Antony, Casemiro, McSauce, Maguire, Lindelof, & Ten Hag OUT in the summer.

Katy Cat

This is one to watch because it's going to be a big test of the expectations and standards from the INEOS regime. Rashford's been sinking this place out for too long now: a lazy, sullen, non-performer, who contributes almost nothing, again and again. Another streaky spell of goals isn't going to change the fundamentals.

We obviously need to take any opportunity to sell, whether that's PSG or a Saudi side looking at the brand - my fear is that won't happen, or at least won't happen in the next 12 months.

croadyman

Feck off to PSG to replace Mbappe,will fit right in with all their other money grabbers. We wouldn't miss him one iota looking at this season

redshaw

He's back being the player we had under Ole and Ralf doing almost protest type performances.

Seems as though he has no faith in the manager and upset how Sancho was handled and is just waiting for him to be sacked. it's a real shame as last season he looked to be enjoying his time at United and under ETH but it's not taken much for him to go into full sulk mode while the ink on his bumper new contract was still drying.

Having been worried about last years Rashford getting tempted by PSG mega millions I really couldn't give a feck now if this is his attitude. He used to work hard when not playing well but has really not matured and any slight grievance with his friends at the club or girlfriend he's back to half arseing it. We need players like him if the club is struggling or like today missing Hojlund.

Whether he can come good again under a new manager and environment I'm really not sure we should be pursuing with such a limited player that is great one minute and so poor the next and has very little passing skill or consistency to fall back on and help the team. I'd probably take the money and avoid the coming at some point 3-6 months purple patch in the next 4 years. Stop accommodating Rashford and Bruno, start to assemble a better quality side, hungry players with ability.

Tyrion

Feck off to PSG to replace Mbappe,will fit right in with all their other money grabbers. We wouldn't miss him one iota looking at this season
Honestly he does as much work defensively as the average PSG forward (i.e. none).

Roane

There are many aspects to Rashfords game I don't like, but I can live with to a degree. For example his unwillingness to pass the fecking ball.

However at on stage during the game he got the ball, had options but refuse them (see above) tried to run past multiple players (again see above) lost the ball and did a petulant school kid kind of jump and just walked away with his face in the air.

The guy who won the ball was yards from him. Rashford made no effort to win the ball back, or hassle the guy. He simply acted like a petulant little school girl.

This is unforgivable and he does it too me and time again in games. Feck him off

Tyrion

There are many aspects to Rashfords game I don't like, but I can live with to a degree. For example his unwillingness to pass the fecking ball.

However at on stage during the game he got the ball, had options but refuse them (see above) tried to run past multiple players (again see above) lost the ball and did a petulant school kid kind of jump and just walked away with his face in the air.

The guy who won the ball was yards from him. Rashford made no effort to win the ball back, or hassle the guy. He simply acted like a petulant little school girl.

This is unforgivable and he does it too me and time again in games. Feck him off
He basically waits for the ball, loses it and then moans a bit and waits for his next turn. He has the attitude everyone hates Bruno for but not the ability.

Wilt

Rashford doing feck all @ £350k per week must be filtering down to the other players ….surely he must piss them off

dubplate warrior

This is one to watch because it's going to be a big test of the expectations and standards from the INEOS regime. Rashford's been sinking this place out for too long now: a lazy, sullen, non-performer, who contributes almost nothing, again and again. Another streaky spell of goals isn't going to change the fundamentals.

We obviously need to take any opportunity to sell, whether that's PSG or a Saudi side looking at the brand - my fear is that won't happen, or at least won't happen in the next 12 months.
I'm so bored of watching this guy running into the blind alleys and putting in half a shift every other game. Just get feckin rid.

Roane

He basically waits for the ball, loses it and then moans a bit and waits for his next turn. He has the attitude everyone hates Bruno for but not the ability.
Don't get me started on Bruno. In the first 5 minutes of the game he switched to that many positions leaving gaps and uncertainty for other players.

In one phase a log ball was played towards him. He won the header, nodding it on to a running Marcus. Instead of running with the play and providing an option for Marcus he fell down holding his head, looking for a free kick. Saw he wasn't Getting it and then got up miraculously cured.

You've don't the hard work, you won the ball. We are in a good position. Get the feck up and play you dullard.

croadyman

Don't get me started on Bruno. In the first 5 minutes of the game he switched to that many positions leaving gaps and uncertainty for other players.

In one phase a log ball was played towards him. He won the header, nodding it on to a running Marcus. Instead of running with the play and providing an option for Marcus he fell down holding his head, looking for a free kick. Saw he wasn't Getting it and then got up miraculously cured.

You've don't the hard work, you won the ball. We are in a good position. Get the feck up and play you dullard.
Oh absolutely they could both go for me,however there are others who need to be fecked off before we can think about ditching Bruno

CallyRed

Rashford for Mbappe :lol: :lol:
I don't know what you mean. I think Rashford is an excellent replacement for Mbappe and should be a high priority for them. At all costs. Like now. Get a bid in now.

Wilt

I don't know what you mean. I think Rashford is an excellent replacement for Mbappe and should be a high priority for them. At all costs. Like now. Get a bid in now.
I’m saying why on Earth would PSG replace Mbappe with Rashford ? …it’s like replacing a Ferrari with a Fiat Uno

Devil81

He can't hold the ball up and has lost the ability to run in behind like he did when younger. His strongest strength is attacking from a wide positions.

He's not worth the 350k, but who would take him on that salary?

DavelinaJolie

I'm miffed at how his performances can be so lacklustre/poor. Carl Anka has pointed out before that when Rashford gets frustrated in a game he'll go forward and kind of punt the ball in a longshot that usually goes well over the bar. I can't remember seeing that so much lately.

Whilst I'm not really eager to see the back of him, and this whole bloody team is a mess at the moment so I possibly cut him a bit more slack, I can't help but wonder if a move might be good for him, as well as Utd. But then you get into how to replace him... And that seems like a bloody expensive minefield.

Jericholyte2

An in-form Rashford is a lethal attacking weapon, so if we can get him to perform consistently then we should keep him.

The question is, is he able to maintain a top level form for long periods to make our attack strong?

If the answer is no then there is no point keeping as he is not serving the purpose of keeping him.
We’re still asking this after 6yrs of consistent first team football???

Tyrion

Regarding Rashford, I did find this article from Opta from back in December after the Newcastle game that was interesting. His running was extremely poor apparently.

https://onefootball.com/en/news/pep...-is-good-enough-to-play-for-man-city-39084435

Despite his inconsistencies, I believe he's one of the very few players we have that scares teams to death, and I believe, managers tactically plan to try and stop him like teams would do with Haaland, Mbappe, Salah, Son, etc.
City were linked with Pogba, Sanchez and Ronaldo. I'm convinced they troll us into signing shite players.

ForeverRed1

no one in world football is paying his wages (maybe Saudi, but he wouldn’t want to go there). We’re stuck with him.

JeffFromHK

An in-form Rashford is a lethal attacking weapon, so if we can get him to perform consistently then we should keep him.

The question is, is he able to maintain a top level form for long periods to make our attack strong?

If the answer is no then there is no point keeping as he is not serving the purpose of keeping him.
An in form Rashford is a 1 goal in 2 games player (plus a few assists but nothing else, no tracking back no pressing no actions in our own half) and was as lethal as players like Darren Bent or Defore in their prime who were never considered world class.

Doracle

An in form Rashford is a 1 goal in 2 games player (plus a few assists but nothing else, no tracking back no pressing no actions in our own half) and was as lethal as players like Darren Bent or Defore in their prime who were never considered world class.
How many 40GA seasons from left wing have they had out of interest (as I’m generous let’s even include the c.30+ seasons between them that they played CF)?

JeffFromHK

How many 40GA seasons from left wing have they had out of interest (as I’m generous let’s even include the c.30+ seasons between them that they played CF)?
Does the position really matter if Rashford shot x2 as our striker(s) averaged, almost never track back or press or engage in physical duels?

Just open your eyes, remove your fan-bias and acknowledge that he (1) is not world class, and (2) has played with insufficient efforts.

Doracle

Does the position really matter if Rashford shot x2 as our striker(s) averaged, almost never track back or press or engage in physical duels?

Just open your eyes, remove your fan-bias and acknowledge that he (1) is not world class, and (2) has played with insufficient efforts.
So, shall we agree it’s none then? How many 30GA seasons then?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Is he the daftest player at the club? His footballing intelligence whether on the ball or off is absurdly low.

JeffFromHK

So, shall we agree it’s none then? How many 30GA seasons then?
Rashford had 22 goals(17)+assists(5) in 35 league games for Man Utd last season, 0.62 per game

Defoe had 22 goals(18)+assists(4) in 34 league games for Tottenham in 09/10, 0.65 per game
Darren Bent had had 25 goals(24)+assists(1) in 38 league games for Sunderland in 09/10, 0.66 per game

as far as Rashford was a "luxury player" with little output apart from goals and assists (which some football fans love to glorify), his goals and assist output was nothing spectacular. Son and Salah had better goals and assists output while having much better general play (pass and move link up play, pressing, tracking back, etc).

Red00012

He can't hold the ball up and has lost the ability to run in behind like he did when younger. His strongest strength is attacking from a wide positions.

He's not worth the 350k, but who would take him on that salary?
Only PSG can save us now

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Mind blowing agenda against one of our own. He's a local lad. You're not a fan if you can't support him. right?

AFC NimbleThumb

Rashford had 22 goals(17)+assists(5) in 35 league games for Man Utd last season, 0.62 per game

Defoe had 22 goals(18)+assists(4) in 34 league games for Tottenham in 09/10, 0.65 per game
Darren Bent had had 25 goals(24)+assists(1) in 38 league games for Sunderland in 09/10, 0.66 per game

as far as Rashford was a "luxury player" with little output apart from goals and assists (which some football fans love to glorify), his goals and assist output was nothing spectacular. Son and Salah had better goals and assists output while having much better general play (pass and move link up play, pressing, tracking back, etc).
So our Left Winger had stats similar to 2 decent EPL strikers in their career years. Thanks.

Antony can’t even get on the pitch on his birthday and here the Caf is laying into a player being asked to play out of position again in an attack he’s continually being overtasked with spearheading. In a well assembled United squad Rashford is your 3rd maybe even 4th best attacker.

The only reason you sell now Rashford is if an astronomical offer comes in from PSG, otherwise we’d be cutting off our nose to spite our face. Garnacho is in his infancy & can’t genuinely be relied upon next season, Hojlund is growing and will suffer from muscular issues if not managed correctly & Rashford is hot/cold. Beyond that we have nothing so we need to address that before making ourselves even weaker.

It is imperative we sign and bed in his replacement, getting rid of dross like Antony before he goes. Thank go Ineos won’t be so emotional.

daba

If he wasn’t an academy player he would not be here come start of next season at this rate. Unfortunately there is sort of only one realistic club (PSG) that *might* be interested based on previous rumours / interest. Other than that we are stuck with him unless he fancies a punt in Saudi.

Jean-Philippe Jason

Supports
Belgian red devils
Some posts make no sense to me. You can read that Rashford's football skills, attitude, commitment, are really below par. But then that Man Utd should sell him for a shitload of money. I suspect big clubs and their recruiting teams can assess how much of a problem he is. Would YOU pay top money for him?

Wezzaldo

Mind blowing agenda against one of our own. He's a local lad. You're not a fan if you can't support him. right?
I’m sorry but that’s utter tosh. As a local it should go both ways. He should be showing the desire and hunger that someone that truly loves the club would show. Fans can deal with poor performances, but not lack of effort.

pascell

Does anyone have the clip of him bailing out of the 50/50 on the edge of the Fulham box yesterday, they then countered whilst Rashford jogged back? I'm sure it came off our own corner too but him shirking 50/50s is a common theme throughout the past few years now, in this instance he had the ball coming towards him and should have easily won the ball.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
How much will we actually get for him now? He’s more trouble than he’s worth… he’s one of the only players left from the previous managers and I remember Ole saying there’s a bad egg still here at the club. So that’s either him or Martial. Considering Martial never plays I’d guess it’s him that has a big influence on other players and leaks stuff.

The Substitute

Whilst I'm not really eager to see the back of him, and this whole bloody team is a mess at the moment so I possibly cut him a bit more slack
Why is that? It's the Bruno's and the Rashford's that's supposed to lift and save this team when the trajectory is negative, instead they prove to be the sickness, not the cure. Who wants a selfish luxury player who sours the whole pitch as soon as it doesn't go his way.

Him being the poster-boy of this club is the symbol of what's wrong with this club! Hailing the most ego, lazy and can't-give-a-shit player in the prem.
If this was a proper run company/club, he'd be out ages ago for stinking down the work environment.