Marcus Rashford signs new deal with United | 4yr + 1

UnitedObsession99

Great news. This is one big risk for next year resolved.

De Gea and Pogba to tidy up next! Personally would get rid of both! Cash in for younger model in Oblak. And replace Pogba with multiple squad options

Shark

@NotShark
I'd make him captain tbh, you can tell he cares more than the rest of them
These are just words, he needs to step up and do his talking on the pitch, there's been far too much talking over the past 6 years from our players. Very little actual translation onto the pitch.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
These are just words, he needs to step up and do his talking on the pitch, there's been far too much talking over the past 6 years from our players. Very little actual translation onto the pitch.
Well tbf he's 21 years old, just because he's not producing performances whereby he's Henry reincarnated shouldn't question the sincerity of those words.

The biggest thing with Rashford next season has to be when he's having a bad game he's taken off like any other player would be. Ole did show far too much favouritism towards him last season

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Good words and an admirable attitude towards the club. Can't doubt his work rate and attitude one bit.

But in no planet is he worth £200k a week. That is an absolute joke and balls up. If he was genuine in his words, we'd have been able to sign him for sub £150k. Either he's not as in love with us as he says, or we suck major balls in contract negotiations. Probably the latter.

Thunderhead

Supports
City
£200k per week, that must be including all bonuses. Surely United aren't daft enough to give him £200k p/w basic.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
All the moaning about 300K and Simon Stone reported he earns 200K

Gandalf

Good words and an admirable attitude towards the club. Can't doubt his work rate and attitude one bit.

But in no planet is he worth £200k a week. That is an absolute joke and balls up. If he was genuine in his words, we'd have been able to sign him for sub £150k. Either he's not as in love with us as he says, or we suck major balls in contract negotiations. Probably the latter.
He is a full England International and our starting striker. There are numerous players at the club earning well over 200k a week already so whether he loves us or not we would have been taking the piss asking him to play for less than half of what we are offering DDG.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!

So he should give up over £10,400,000 just because he's a fan of the club as well as a player?

RedDevilUnited369

Yes, I'm happy for Beans. Lets kick on now and earn those bonus payments which means more goals for the team.

Beans. Beans. Beans!!

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

What? Just because he loves the club he should take less wages than others?

Rafaeldagold

I’m glad he’s singed as he can be an important part of the squad £ is homegrown too & clearly cares about the club.

However firstly he needs to be taken off free kicks as they’re always atrocious.

Secondly I really hope we’re not planning on having him as our main striker as he’s just not good enough to lead the line as Manchester United’s main striker to rely upon

Johan07

This has probably been done for a while. Its not a coincidence that its announced and signed on 1 July (the first day of the next FFP-cycle). De Gea next?
EDIT
And we will probably see quite a few exits now as well. Like Darmian and Rojo. There was no financial sense to do this in the footballing "fiscal year" before this new one. It gives us more financial flexibility even if we dont really have to care about FFP.

Zlatattack

Excellent news. He's a good player, always tries hard and will get better and better hopefully.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I'm going to assume that £200k includes bonuses? If so I don't think that's a particularly bad deal on our part, still think it's a bit much for someone with a lot left to prove but that's football nowadays. Still gives us plenty of room to renegotiate in the future if he does turn into a 30 goal a season player.

Tel074

I always think about what Sanchez earns and then i worry less what others earn. Rashford is the furture he deserves whatever he can manage to get

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Hear hear..!!
45 goals in 170 appearances would be good from Midfield, but Ole clearly fancies Rashford as our #1 striker, so he has to step up and deliver at least 20 goals per season.

prateik

Great..

People forget he is the same age as James and Longstaff (11 days between the 3 weirdly enough).. A year younger than McTominay..

Fantastic young player.. He'll be great.

That said, 4+1 is weird.. Why not just a 5 year straight up?
5 years was sort of the longest offered by us.. we moved to a 5+1.. 4+1 seems unnecessary .

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Great..

People forget he is the same age as James and Longstaff (11 days between the 3 weirdly enough).. Fantastic young player.. He'll be great.

5 years was sort of the longest offered by us.. we moved to a 5+1.. 4+1 seems unnecessary .
I thought 4+1 was most of our recent ones, no?
Pogba, Herrera, DDG were all 4 + 1 as a I recall.

Nico87

The Daily Mail seem to be reporting he’s already had a 100k pay rise in the seconds after signing the contracts, by the end of the week we will be sneered at for making him the first Million pound a week footballer.I’m delighted he staying, I don’t know if I’m in the minority but I hope he is our 1st choice striker next year, if he can improve his decision making in particular reigning in the overly ambitious shooting when there’s minimal chance of scoring, then he has all the tools to become a world class CF.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Great..

People forget he is the same age as James and Longstaff (11 days between the 3 weirdly enough).. A year younger than McTominay..

Fantastic young player.. He'll be great.

Doesn't really matter, if the player is performing up to his contract, he'll get a renewal 2 years before his deal expires.

Johan07

Hear hear..!!
45 goals in 170 appearances would be good from Midfield, but Ole clearly fancies Rashford as our #1 striker, so he has to step up and deliver at least 20 goals per season.
He has played mainly at LW though. This season after OGS took over was the first year he was actually considered as first choice at No9. 45 goals in 170 apps (lot of them as sub) at LW is actually very good.

ash_86

Great news. New shiny contract for Rashford and Martial. Now lets focus on the pitch.