Marcus Rashford signs new deal with United | 4yr + 1

Robbie Boy

Good words and an admirable attitude towards the club. Can't doubt his work rate and attitude one bit.

But in no planet is he worth £200k a week. That is an absolute joke and balls up. If he was genuine in his words, we'd have been able to sign him for sub £150k. Either he's not as in love with us as he says, or we suck major balls in contract negotiations. Probably the latter.
State of this shite. Agenda much :lol:

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I mean, Pogba aside, he was probably our best player in Ole's first two months in charge.

Not sure what the issue is here, it's pretty obvious if Rashford is given the service and played in the proper position, in a team playing well, then he'll be a cracking player.
Was he?

That’s the excuse with ALL of our attackers. “He’ll play better with better service and players surrounding him”. No shit, Holmes. Why can’t they be these ‘better player”?

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He's still be on a great salary that's reflective of his value. He has no right to earn as much as DDG because he hasn't shown himself to be world class yet
What? He has right to earn whatever he wants to, as long as he negotiates the contract. De Gea will earn at least 50% more than Rashford when he signs new contract.

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
Was he?

That’s the excuse with ALL of our attackers. “He’ll play better with better service and players surrounding him”. No shit, Holmes. Why can’t they be these ‘better player”?
Yes.

Do you want to ask me again or..?

roonster09

Scout
Maybe the market.
What market? What player is paid at Spurs, won't be same at ManUtd. Everyone knows we have shit loads of money. Do you think wages increased randomly proportionate to revenue increase?

romufc

I am excited to see a fully fit Rashford down the middle. He can step up to score 20+ goals for us

SCJY

Why the hell are United doing contract renewals during the transfer window?? It's ridiculous. Renewals can be done any time... Do United consider this something akin to a new signing? I hope bloody not!

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Glad he's signed up. Now bang in the goals Marcus and earn that money.

Ravel96

His scoring record does not deserve this amount of money per week at all. How are we to rid of him when he struggles to score goals in next 2 seasons? Is this going to be another Sanchez situation where nobody will take him off our hands even if we pay them to?

UpWithRivers

That puts him level with Kane (above every other Tottenham player, Salah (above every other Liverpool player), in fact very few players higher than this - De Bruyne, Sterling - you know players that actually have proved themselves to be the very top players season after season. The only outcasts are the likes of Ozil and Sanchez and the less said about them the better.
I really dont give a monkeys how much is paid and I would rather a local lad who loves the club to get a a high wage....BUT if he is paid on the level of Kane Salah etc and the top boys he should perform at that level.

We'll See Out There!

Good lad, got himself a whopper new deal and fair play to him. As of now but he's in the big earners spot, and with that comes added pressure to produce the goods on a regular basis. Lets see if he proves he's worth that sort of money, I feckin hope so or we'll have an expensive Danny Welbeck to try and get rid of:nervous:! (lookin at you Arsenal!)

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
What? He has right to earn whatever he wants to, as long as he negotiates the contract. De Gea will earn at least 50% more than Rashford when he signs new contract.
Do you understand my post? I'm not targeting Rashford for earning a high salary. I'm annoyed that we have misjudged his value by offering £200k a week when his performances don't warrant that much. I don't give a shit if it's United, Spurs or PSG. Hes not a £200k a week player in any of their wage bills. His output is too inconsistent and his play is too erratic.

If you were incorporating massive performance bonuses where which are in line with scoring x goals or whatever then fine.

I believe him when he says he's a United fan and as such we should have been able to tie him down at around £150k. 200k will cause problems when other players break through and demand parity, and if he doesn't live up to the potential we are paying him for (which Martial appears to be doing), we will go round again.

What market? What player is paid at Spurs, won't be same at ManUtd. Everyone knows we have shit loads of money. Do you think wages increased randomly proportionate to revenue increase?
Of course we know that. You compare like for like. Compared to players for other top clubs who have the money, he still earns more than Sterling, Sane, Jesus, Mahrez, Draxler, Cavani, Firminho, VVD, Mane and is on parity with Salah.

He's probably superior to about 2 or less of that list.

BlueHaze

He had a very good start when Ole came in then quickly became absolutely horrendous and his shit form continued till the end of the season. He get's rewarded for this by being put on the same wages as someone like Kane. He better start performing now.

el3mel

We now have both Martial and Rashford on +200k a week salary, something worth only superstars while both can't even get past 15 goals a season or so. :houllier:

Last edited:

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Ridiculous salary. Not really surprised though ... way this club is run these days is an utter joke. Hope he makes the contract seem a non issue though and proves me wrong.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Good news he’s signed. It is too much but whatever. I’ll take any good news I can.

starman

Same wages as Kane now, gotta start scoring like him...

I like Rashford but this is to much too soon.
He's had 3 maybe 4 contract bumps since his debut and he's still only 21 and not exactly in the Rooney/Messi/Ronaldo bracket at the same age, though he think he is sometimes..

Ah well, let's get De Gea done now, so he doesn't leave for free next summer..

settembrini

Great news.

Rashford as our main striker is something I am really looking forward to seeing next season. He was looking fantastic in that role under Solskjaer until Henderson did him in.

Johan07

No, they wont. And an auditor will not be paid the same by BDO as he will when recruited by Deloitte or Ernst & Young, even if he is the same player/auditor.
To be Manchester United is also to recognise that we do pay the highest wages - or thereabout - thats a ltb about the brand as well.
I dont think that the difference is that big that it is made out to be though.
All of the bigger clubs have advanced algorithms in place to calculate how much signing a player is worth or a contract renewal for that matter. The big agents as well. Rashford´s value is not so flexible as people make it out to be, there is a clear interval for what he would be able to get on the market wage-wise as well as what he is worth in transfer fee.
The idea that United throws money at players is naive to be fair.

Johan07

Great news.

Rashford as our main striker is something I am really looking forward to seeing next season. He was looking fantastic in that role under Solskjaer until Henderson did him in.
Yep, I dont agree with you a lot, but you are correct here. People tend to forget that Rashford played injured for the most part of the late season under OGS He will have had time to heal up now and it should be an exciting season for him. Hope he stays injury-free.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
I mean...it's good news that he has signed a new contract. But is he worth that wage?

roonster09

Scout
Do you understand my post? I'm not targeting Rashford for earning a high salary. I'm annoyed that we have misjudged his value by offering £200k a week when his performances don't warrant that much. I don't give a shit if it's United, Spurs or PSG. Hes not a £200k a week player in any of their wage bills. His output is too inconsistent and his play is too erratic.

If you were incorporating massive performance bonuses where which are in line with scoring x goals or whatever then fine.

I believe him when he says he's a United fan and as such we should have been able to tie him down at around £150k. 200k will cause problems when other players break through and demand parity, and if he doesn't live up to the potential we are paying him for (which Martial appears to be doing), we will go round again.

Of course we know that. You compare like for like. Compared to players for other top clubs who have the money, he still earns more than Sterling, Sane, Jesus, Mahrez, Draxler, Cavani, Firminho, VVD, Mane and is on parity with Salah.

He's probably superior to about 2 or less of that list.

You said he shouldn't earn more than De Gea when De Gea will earn at least 50% higher than Rashford if he signs new contract.

Also no, he isn't earning more than Sterling, Salah and few others. When Sterling moved to City in 2015, there was reports that he was earning 180K per week and his new contract means he earns way more than Rashford. I have already posted about Salah in other thread.

Re Sane.
Bayern Munich, Germany's wealthiest team, was apparently unable to make a better offer to De Bruyne, nor were they able to secure the services of German national team player Leroy Sané. When the native of Essen, Germany moved to Manchester a year after De Bruyne, the team made him a promise: If Sané earned less than 24.5 million pounds in his first three years with the club, City would wire him the difference. In other words, Sané -- a 20-year-old at the time -- was guaranteed a salary of the equivalent of 28 million euros for three seasons. Germany's top league doesn't stand a chance.
And this was the contract that was signed back in 2016 and going by latest rumors he wants shit loads more than that.

arthurka

He has played mainly at LW though. This season after OGS took over was the first year he was actually considered as first choice at No9. 45 goals in 170 apps (lot of them as sub) at LW is actually very good.
Also given his age.. He is after all 21 years old only turns 22 in October.

Stadjer

We now have both Martial and Rashford on +200k a week salary, something worth only superstars while both are can't even get past 15 goals a season or so. :houllier:
Superstars earn 400k at Manchester United. Sanchez and Pogba are supposed to be the superstars and they earn more than 200k a week.

If Jlingz gets 100k a week than someone who actually has the talent to play for Manchester United deserves 200k a week.

el3mel

Superstars earn 400k at Manchester United. Sanchez and Pogba are supposed to be the superstars and they earn more than 200k a week.

If Jlingz gets 100k a week than someone who actually has the talent to play for Manchester United deserves 200k a week.
Because we made a mistake with Sanchez contract we should be trying to fix it not making the situation even worse by giving players who don't deserve such high salaries. Rashford is a good lad, but he definitely did nothing to be worth such a salary. He has been inconsistent and his performance had loads of problems. He's a 100-120k at best player.

van Nistelrooy

Intrigued to know what these £100k of bonuses are...

If they are mainly comprised of performance based rewards like £££ per goal/assist, then fine.

However, if it is £50k+ per appearance or for being an unused substitute then we are being ridiculously generous.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
You said he shouldn't earn more than De Gea when De Gea will earn at least 50% higher than Rashford if he signs new contract.

Also no, he isn't earning more than Sterling, Salah and few others. When Sterling moved to City in 2015, there was reports that he was earning 180K per week and his new contract means he earns way more than Rashford. I have already posted about Salah in other thread.

Re Sane.

And this was the contract that was signed back in 2016 and going by latest rumors he wants shit loads more than that.
I've used www.sportrac.com as my source. Happy to be corrected to better sources of information for payrolls.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Ole's belief in younger generation is strongest since The Boss. It's always a gamble with youngsters but despite young age, Marcus helped quite a bit in winning EL in 2017 and currently from our attacking players, he can also offer decent defensive stance when needed.

Here's hoping the contract will motivate him even more. Just improve, improve and improve.

Sir Scott McToMinay

We now have both Martial and Rashford on +200k a week salary, something worth only superstars while both are can't even get past 15 goals a season or so. :houllier:
Ah, I get it. We pay double what everyone's worth. That's our game. Smart.
Cmon lads, let the man enjoy his money and hopefully improve from here on.
This canny be good for the lad’s karmic aura.
This been discussed to death in the previous thread, and now that it is done and dusted, there’s no reason to discuss it further,

Don’t worry, Lingard will his 200k pw next, cannot wait for that thread.
I’ll be seething.

roonster09

Scout
I've used www.sportrac.com as my source. Happy to be corrected to better sources of information for payrolls.
There is no individual source, we just have to spend some time and google, if lucky will find football leaks or some reputed journalist reporting it. Sillyseason, Sportrac are not any better than shit sites like caughtoffside.

Just verify the wages they reported for Stereling, Sane with what BBC and football leaks reported. Same for Auba.

Nick7

The interview in the Times says his new contract is "less than half" some of the reported figures.