Marcus Rashford signs new deal with United | 4yr + 1

Varun

Staff
Good words and an admirable attitude towards the club. Can't doubt his work rate and attitude one bit.

But in no planet is he worth £200k a week. That is an absolute joke and balls up. If he was genuine in his words, we'd have been able to sign him for sub £150k. Either he's not as in love with us as he says, or we suck major balls in contract negotiations. Probably the latter.
:lol:

It's his profession ffs.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
All the moaning about 300K and Simon Stone reported he earns 200K

Well the £300k is with incentives that we want to be fulfilled anyway. (Scoring in winning games for example) £200k is his base salary, 20-30k more than I thought the club would give him but it is what it is. I would have prefered 5 + 1 years. This way we have to renew and re-up his contract sooner.

That being said, Marcus is signed and that's what's important.

Very happy with the clubs business so far this summer window.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
The team is lamenting 6th? You played a big part by playing shite?? No problem, son. You’ll still be rewarded handsomely. That speech alone worth another 50k/wk.

Can’t wait our 200k/wk striker scoring goals like other team 200k/wk striker (i.e. Kane).

sp_107

I'm going to assume that £200k includes bonuses? If so I don't think that's a particularly bad deal on our part, still think it's a bit much for someone with a lot left to prove but that's football nowadays. Still gives us plenty of room to renegotiate in the future if he does turn into a 30 goal a season player.
If Rashford gets 200K a week + bonuses deal, then what would other players think? They all think they too worth that kind of money and if they dont get that, It could cause unnecessary friction with in players and disturb the team spirit.

Some reports are saying its 300K a week, 200 or 300 we need to control the wage gap between players otherwise things can go bad.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
BBC say 200k.
Thanks. I believe the wages we report are usually inclusive of bonuses and image rights, no? If so, sounds pretty reasonable in the current market.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
This is great news. Marcus Rashford is easily one of the top young centre forwards in world football, delighted he’ll remain with us.

Stacks

Good news. How many goals will he be expected to hit next season, surely we should be expecting more? if he hits 15 league goals I'd be happy but not sure he's capable.
obviously he is. he has already come close to that. What he needs to be hitting is 22-25 league goal range or competing with the Sterlings, Hazards, Aguero's of this world as opposed to the Wilson's and Jiminez's

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Good words and an admirable attitude towards the club. Can't doubt his work rate and attitude one bit.

But in no planet is he worth £200k a week. That is an absolute joke and balls up. If he was genuine in his words, we'd have been able to sign him for sub £150k. Either he's not as in love with us as he says, or we suck major balls in contract negotiations. Probably the latter.
Can you explain to me in terms I can understand, what does the difference between £200k and £150k make to you? These are just numbers you read about, they don't mean anything to you (or me for that matter) other than the information of the numbers.

Are there any tangible difference that £50,000 a week make? Why is Marcus Rashford worth £150,000? Isn't £10,000 a week more than enough to let him live a super comfortable life? Like I don't get it, why complain about this?

Foxtrot

Supports
Die Mannschaft
Why the feck is he even paid £200k per week?! Based on what? He doesn’t score enough goals and he is just an average player. What an absolute disgrace and shameful of the club. This is why we can never sell our players for a decent fee because we seem to reward mediocrity. If this is in any other professions, you either get fired or take a pay cut. How do we keep overpaying our players all the time. We never learn. Disgusting.

chb23

200k a week.

If they really love the club why do we need to pay them so much? I'd get it if they were a star.. but he is still just potential.

Can't see many teams paying a transfer fee and paying him 200k a week..

SiRed

Hopefully he really kicks on now after the initial promise shown when OGS first took over.
I am pretty sure he was playing with an injury for the last couple of months of the season but he defends from the front and is vital to any sort of high press tactic we may employ..... Hence why OGS didnt drop him even when his bad form came around.

siw2007

Very happy with the news. 200K is a lot but I think it's just about acceptable and far better than the reported 300K. Easily one of the most exciting players in the team and always works hard regardless of the position he is being asked to play, and hopefully he will continue to develop in the coming years.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Hear hear..!!
45 goals in 170 appearances would be good from Midfield, but Ole clearly fancies Rashford as our #1 striker, so he has to step up and deliver at least 20 goals per season.
He played as winger all his career except few games.

He played 10450 mins for first team, scoring 45 goals and 26 assists, that 147 mins per G+A, good enough record for a player who started playing as a 18 year old and played as winger.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Great news. New shiny contract for Rashford and Martial. Now lets focus on the pitch.
I repeat, "Ole clearly fancies Rashford as our #1 striker, so he has to step up and deliver at least 20 goals per season"..
Seems to be plenty of forumistas that don't feel he is capable of that, but I don't see any good reason why he isn't.
Now the time to produce.

Krakenzero

Supports
Santiago Wanderers
May: "I hate every player on this team"
July: "I'm so happy we get to keep everyone!"

Funny stuff. Good luck to Marcus anyway.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Technically should he not kick on first and prove he is worth it before getting a new contract. Same happened with Martial
And risk losing him for free? no chance.

New contracts give us full value also.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
The team is lamenting 6th? You played a big part by playing shite?? No problem, son. You’ll still be rewarded handsomely. That speech alone worth another 50k/wk.

Can’t wait our 200k/wk striker scoring goals like other team 200k/wk striker (i.e. Kane).
For that money he has to be a 20 league goal a season striker. If he doesn't then I cannot see where the goals are coming from.

Based Adnan

Club leaking 250-300k a week so when it comes out it's actually 200k it doesn't seem as bad. :lol:

Still ridiculous

Fıstıkçı Şahap

Terrific news. Now time to seperate this guy from the certain manchild to concentrate on his football like Sir Alex did with Giggs-Sharpe.

Last edited:

ash_86

I repeat, "Ole clearly fancies Rashford as our #1 striker, so he has to step up and deliver at least 20 goals per season"..
Seems to be plenty of forumistas that don't feel he is capable of that, but I don't see any good reason why he isn't.
Now the time to produce.
I have high hopes for Rashford too. I would be over the moon if he gets 20+ this season.

Stacks

Now the time to produce.
As our main striker that would be pretty terrible. we need an upgrade on Lukaku and even he can deliver this.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!

I mean, Pogba aside, he was probably our best player in Ole's first two months in charge.

Not sure what the issue is here, it's pretty obvious if Rashford is given the service and played in the proper position, in a team playing well, then he'll be a cracking player.

Real Madras

Supports
Real Oviedo
Rashford on £300,000 per week. His best mate Lingard on £100,000 a week. Not sure how that’s going to pan out amongst them but my guess is Jesse will be after a extension soon. If he performs consistently. Why not.

el3mel

We must be the worst club in terms of renewing players and managers contracts. Splash as much fat contract as possible for players who don't deserve. Rashford is worth 120k at best. This is ridiculous.

Last edited:

IrishRedDevil

Rashford on £300,000 per week. His best mate Lingard on £100,000 a week. Not sure how that’s going to pan out amongst them but my guess is Jesse will be after a extension soon. If he performs consistently. Why not.
It’s £200k clearly written, so why try and add another £100k on?

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Player x is worth only 'Y' K per week :lol:

Wonder from where these guys pull the figures from.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
Ah, I get it. We pay double what everyone's worth. That's our game. Smart.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He is a full England International and our starting striker. There are numerous players at the club earning well over 200k a week already so whether he loves us or not we would have been taking the piss asking him to play for less than half of what we are offering DDG.
He doesn't possess the consistency to be our starting striker and our wage bill is already mishandled. Skewing it further is just bizzare. We seemed to draw a line by not offering Herrera a big wage increase.

Rashford would still have received a massive rise in salary. I'm at odds with your DDG reference because he's been our best player and the best goalie in the world for a solid 4-5 seasons running.

So he should give up over £10,400,000 just because he's a fan of the club as well as a player?
Is he giving it up if no one is offering it? Who the feck would pay him £200k a week outside us? PSG at best? And then you have to assume they really want him in the first place.

What? Just because he loves the club he should take less wages than others?
He's still be on a great salary that's reflective of his value. He has no right to earn as much as DDG because he hasn't shown himself to be world class yet.

:lol:

It's his profession ffs.
Did I say he should play for free?