Mario Balotelli

towcester_red

A "great game" wtf are we all on today.

One decent finish, nothing else the entire first half. One tap in in the second half when playing against 10 men.

Is that now "great"?
Held the ball up well, good movement and even looked interested. Was always looked a threat on the ball. 2 goals.

Good game in my book, love or hate him.

davisjw

A "great game" wtf are we all on today.

One decent finish, nothing else the entire first half. One tap in in the second half when playing against 10 men.

Is that now "great"?
I'd of taken one of our players playing that way yesterday.

He played well and damaged our squad to a point of no return.

He's fecking mental, but he's mental in a fun way. The loss yesterday is so shocking, it's as though it never happened to me. Let it brush off the shoulder, ignore the jeers for the next week and get back to it this weekend.

Bryan_Munich

Aka RichieRich12
I'd of taken one of our players playing that way yesterday.

He played well and damaged our squad to a point of no return.

He's fecking mental, but he's mental in a fun way. The loss yesterday is so shocking, it's as though it never happened to me. Let it brush off the shoulder, ignore the jeers for the next week and get back to it this weekend.
What?

MacMUFC

The guys a complete cnut and a headcase...but I hate to say it, I thought his celebration yesterday was fookin class :nervous:

I'm always right

Fair enough, my only point was that I reserve "great" for the likes of Keane in Turin, Gerrard in Istanbul etc. Even Silva yesterday was bloody great.

I just thought some were getting over-excited, obviously that aint the case, just that great doesn't mean the same to other people.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I certainly didn't see anything yesterday to justify all the hype about Balotelli. In fact, I've yet to see what all the fuss is about, full stop.

First goal was a decent finish, I suppose. Apart from that he didn't cause us any more problems than the likes of Bobbie Zamora, Darrent Bent or Carlton Cole has caused us in the past. Big, strong and quick. And that's about it. Kind of lazy too.

towcester_red

If you were at the game (no cheap shot intended) his movement was actually very intelligent off the ball.

If one of our players scored 2, got a man sent off to change the game cocks would be out!! People are saying Welbeck had a good game to put it in perspective!

I dont like the guy generally but not denying his ability.

Bryan_Munich

Aka RichieRich12
“I hope for him, for football in general, we arrive at the day when Mario has changed his mind completely because with this he could become one of the best three players in the world, like Messi, like Cristiano Ronaldo.”
Optimistic.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
From Football365:

'I've just heard a Mario Balotelli story that betters Tesco & the fireworks...OK, so his mum's over from Italy, asks the cleaner if she has everything she needs. Cleaner: "No, I need all the practical things - iron etc." Mario's mum: "Where can we go to buy these things? Write me a list and we'll go and buy it all" Cleaner: "John Lewis." So Mario's ma sends him & his mates to John Lewis with a shopping list in hand...Mario returns to the house 5 hrs later...empty-handed. Cleaner: "Er, where's the iron, iron-board etc?" Then a big John Lewis van arrives...van contains nothing from the shopping list but the following 'practical items': giant trampoline, Scalextric, 2 Vespas, table tennis set...' - Via @ChrisDolan on Twitter.

johnmufc

His technique is frightening, but thankfully his mentality will prevent him from ever becoming a consistently great player.

fredthered

I want Peter Kenyon back
Sadly Ballotelli reminds me of a certain Frenchman that we signed. Contraversial, brash and unpredictable. On top of that very talented, and whatever he's like, you can't take it away from him that he's a very good player.

wr8_utd

:'(
Sadly Ballotelli reminds me of a certain Frenchman that we signed. Contraversial, brash and unpredictable. On top of that very talented, and whatever he's like, you can't take it away from him that he's a very good player.
Obertan wasn't all that great really

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
The biggest asset of that Frenchman was Intelligence. The similarity just ended.

BaldwinLegend

That is an odd comparison Fred, coming from a United fan. Never mind intelligence, he was also cool, charismatic, inspired those around him, professional, dedicated etc etc You've lost me on this one mate.

fredthered

I want Peter Kenyon back
That is an odd comparison Fred, coming from a United fan. Never mind intelligence, he was also cool, charismatic, inspired those around him, professional, dedicated etc etc You've lost me on this one mate.
Cantona professional LOL...

Dived into the crowd and twatted a supporter, drank heavily, got suspended for violent conduct towards a referee. Was knobbing his fellow players wife. Banned from playing for his country for abusing the manager. Had fist fights with fellow players in training..Did more runners than the entire Nigerian long distance team..

The one thing you couldn't call Cantona was professional.. But we loved him because he was unpredictable and temperamental, alongside having that touch of genius about him, which actually I see in Ballotelli.

The fact he isnt a United player doesn't alter the fact that he's certainly the rogue and the sort of player if he was in a United shirt, we'd think was the absolute dogs bollocks.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
I can't hate Balotelli. He's fantastic. He is a tit but he's a laugh and a character. Not many of those around in football.

For example yesterday I was swearing when he scored but instantly started laughing at his celebration. I don't think I've ever fecking even smiled when someone has scored against United let alone a City player. He is a headcase but he's good fun.

My tune may change if he starts being consistent and banging 25 goals a season which I reckon will happen at some point because he has the talent. It may even happen this season because he seems to like playing for Mancini. For our sake hopefully he has fecked off to AC Milan by then though.

fredthered

I want Peter Kenyon back
I can't hate Balotelli. He's fantastic. He is a tit but he's a laugh and a character. Not many of those around in football.

For example yesterday I was swearing when he scored but instantly started laughing at his celebration. I don't think I've ever fecking even smiled when someone has scored against United let alone a City player. He is a headcase but he's good fun.

My tune may change if he starts being consistent and banging 25 goals a season which I reckon will happen at some point because he has the talent. It may even happen this season because he seems to like playing for Mancini. For our sake hopefully he has fecked off to AC Milan by then though.
Spot on.

Players like him are good for the game, no matter who they play for.

KingCantona87

Yeah I agree with this sentiment. I found this article from a while back and Balotelli has gone up in my estimation:

Mario Balotelli 'takes truant boy back to school and gives bullies ticking off' | Metro.co.uk

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
Cantona professional LOL...

Dived into the crowd and twatted a supporter, drank heavily, got suspended for violent conduct towards a referee. Was knobbing his fellow players wife. Banned from playing for his country for abusing the manager. Had fist fights with fellow players in training..Did more runners than the entire Nigerian long distance team..

The one thing you couldn't call Cantona was professional.. But we loved him because he was unpredictable and temperamental, alongside having that touch of genius about him, which actually I see in Ballotelli.

The fact he isnt a United player doesn't alter the fact that he's certainly the rogue and the sort of player if he was in a United shirt, we'd think was the absolute dogs bollocks.
He also trained the hardest and longest, lived like a proper modern professional athlete and set a much needed example to the players at the club.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
After firework safety, here's Balotelli's latest tip... £20 for lucky street artist

Mario Balotelli has had quite a week already.

And the Manchester City striker showed no sign of ending his eccentric behaviour during a trip to Manchester city centre.

Out with his girlfriend Raffaella Fico, Balotelli handed a mime artist - dressed all in white - a £20 note to show his appreciation.
The Italian striker, who struck twice in City's epic 6-1 hammering of rivals United at Old Trafford on Sunday, then posed with the man for a photo.

Balotelli is fast becoming one of the Premier League's best-loved characters and was used to front a firework-safety campaign, despite the fire at his house before the derby caused by his friends letting off fireworks in his bathroom.
And he showed his caring side once more with his generous tip. He certainly thought the guy was all white...

Daily Mail
Pure entertainment :D