Mario Balotelli

Kelvin

Mario Balotelli has stoked the derby flames ahead of next month's Old Trafford clash by claiming Wayne Rooney is not the best striker in Manchester.

The City star is a big admirer of Rooney and has named his United team-mate Nemanja Vidic as the best defender in the Premier League.

But with City having swooped for Edin Dzeko this month, Balotelli believes the ambitious Blues now have the world's best strikeforce in himself, Dzeko and former United striker Carlos Tevez.

"He (Rooney) is a very good player but not the best in Manchester," Balotelli told Italian newspaper Extra Time.
Conviction

"Our attack of Balotelli-Tevez-Dzeko is the best in the world - better even than Barcelona and Real Madrid. We are the strongest and we can win things now - we just lack conviction."

City are leading the chase of United in the Premier League title race and the derby rivals go head-to-head at Old Trafford on 12th February.

Balotelli was expected to be out until then after suffering a recurrence of his knee problem, which has sidelined him since scoring a hat-trick in the 4-0 win over Aston Villa on 28th December.

But the 20-year-old has now allayed fears he would require more surgery and he could return to action sooner than expected.

The Italy international's comments are sure to anger United fans but he claims he has only felt goodwill from City's derby rivals.

"Do United fans insult me? No, they stop me in the street and say: 'Mario, come to us'," Balotelli added.

"But I dream of beating them because I know how much the City fans care, they are wonderful with me. When they sang my name after the hat-trick, I had chills."

Sky Sports | Football | Premier League | News | Balotelli taunts United rival

Robbo

hes a wanker like most of the City players, staff and fans

Tevez's Mum

Kia Joorabchian's Ho!
Some of the stuff he has said today is crazy. Best strike force? They haven't even played together yet properly. Dzeko was a quite poor the other day and Balotelli hasn't exactly said the league a light with his goal scoring.

He has confidence which is good for him, but I'm not sure he can back it up. He is saying that an unproven and untested strikeforce is better than others which have taken years to develop. Crazy!

Also I'm sure City fans are going to love hearing him talk about leaving as soon as he has arrived.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
:lol: its gotten to the point where I dont dislike him anymore, I just pity him.
I would have loved to see him being coached by a younger and more reckless SAF with Keane, Schmeichel, Cantona, Bruce and Gaz as teammates.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
Some of the stuff he has said today is crazy. Best strike force? They haven't even played together yet properly. Dzeko was a quite poor the other day and Balotelli hasn't exactly said the league a light with his goal scoring.

He has confidence which is good for him, but I'm not sure he can back it up. He is saying that an unproven and untested strikeforce is better than others which have taken years to develop. Crazy!

Also I'm sure City fans are going to love hearing him talk about leaving as soon as he has arrived.
I'm pretty sure Balotelli he has a better overall goal rate then Tevez...

That said, he's still talking rubbish.

Tevez's Mum

Kia Joorabchian's Ho!
I'm pretty sure Balotelli he has a better overall goal rate then Tevez...

That said, he's still talking rubbish.
He probably has, looking at Wiki, he has 8 goals in 11 games. That is impressive. But you can't say you have the best strike force when some of them haven't even played together. They have great individual players, you can't deny that. But I don't think they have built much chemistry between them.

Ino having the best strike force isn't just about great players but it is how they gel and work together. City haven';t had time to gel yet. Will be interesting to see how they turn out though at the end of the season.

Fiskey

Can't stop thinking about David Nugent's hot naked
I love this line.

But Balotelli said: "Either Berlusconi's made a mistake or he doesn't know Balotelli very well."

Blair

They have a fantastic trio of strikers. I can't think of a club with 3 strikers as gifted individually.

Yes they've not played together, but I dont think that's what he means.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
Yes, potentially they have some real quality there. An attack of Silva, Balotelli, Tevez and Dzeko shouldn't be laughed at. That's potentially though, not now.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
He probably has, looking at Wiki, he has 8 goals in 11 games. That is impressive. But you can't say you have the best strike force when some of them haven't even played together. They have great individual players, you can't deny that. But I don't think they have built much chemistry between them.

Ino having the best strike force isn't just about great players but it is how they gel and work together. City haven';t had time to gel yet. Will be interesting to see how they turn out though at the end of the season.
Agreed, but his input has been underestimated. He hasn't done badly let's say that.

He's still talking rubbish, in a year or two then we can really have that discussion.

Blair

Yes, potentially they have some real quality there. An attack of Silva, Balotelli, Tevez and Dzeko shouldn't be laughed at. That's potentially though, not now.
And adding Adam Johnson and Yaya Toure bombing forward it's quite some talent, on paper.

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
First of all, the guy belongs in the nut house and not on a football pitch. He has some serious mental issues.

Secondly, he's not as good as he claims he is. He's a great talent alright, but more on a par with a young Anelka at Arsenal (rather than a C Ronaldo for example).

Lastly, he's much older than what is stated on his passport. Like lots of players born in Africa. The fact is they don't issue birth certificates in many African countries and people tend to be actually a few years older then what is mentioned on their passports. (Before you start; he was born in Africa and adopted by his Italian family.)

Hectic

Supports
30fps
That's no proof Rams, and quite something to say without a shred of evidence, apart from him being born in Africa.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
And adding Adam Johnson and Yaya Toure bombing forward it's quite some talent, on paper.
Good point, especially Yaya, he's getting so far forward these days. Fortunately they have Milner and Barry to decrease that potential.

Rams

That's no proof Rams, and quite something to say without a shred of evidence, apart from him being born in Africa.
It may be specualtion but the fact that he was already built like a 25 year old when he was officially about 16 is more than enough proof for me. You should talk to the medical staff at football clubs in Europe; they all are in agreement about the age issue of Sub Sahara African players.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
There's exceptions though, and that's still not proof at all. I thought Rooney looked like a 30 year old when he was 17...Either that means he looks older then is, or...he is African?

Hectic

Supports
30fps
Andy Carroll looked about 40 when he was 18.

e.cantona

Mummy, mummy, diamonds, I want them too
I know this guy, he's 20, but I swear he looks only 13!

Rams

There's exceptions though, and that's still not proof at all. I thought Rooney looked like a 30 year old when he was 17...Either that means he looks older then is, or...he is African?
It's not proof, it's speculation. Then again, most of what is written in football forums is speculation. However, since he doesn't have seem to have grown an inch since his 15 birthday and that he was about 2 foot taller than most players in his age groups when in the juniors there is more than reason to be suspicious about his real age.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
It's not proof, it's speculation. Then again, most of what is written in football forums is speculation.
Good point, it's just you sounded very sure of it.

However, since he doesn't have seem to have grown an inch since his 15 birthday and that he was about 2 foot taller than most players in his age groups when in the juniors there is more than reason to be suspicious about his real age.
He could well be older, but I still can't see him being African as enough really to make that comment. I have plenty of friends who are massive for their ages, one kid at 14, Christian, was 6ft, my other friend Dannie was 6, 2 at 15, his brother at 16 was 6,4.....They were all built like brick shit houses, I couldn't understand how they were so big.

Crustanoid

Just read his comments about Rooney, and other delusional outbursts. This guy is basically what the term facepalm was invented for

davisjw

I know this guy, he's 20, but I swear he looks only 13!
The reverse of the Adu-syndrome?

I have no problem with what he says except for the Barca bit. Since he's come to England he has done far better than Rooney in less games - hope this lights a fire under Rooney's arse.

Mental case, but damn is he a good player.

Bearded but no genius

He's already said he'll be moving to Milan in two years, as well.

Interesting. No wonder they bought Dzeko - all the rest of their forwards want out!

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Absolute idiot this lad. Delighted he's playing for City. He fits right in.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
There's confidence, and then there's being delusional. He's making himself look like such a twat.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
It's such a lazy stereotype. And the casual nature it gets flung at just about every young black footballer around (Lukaku, Martins, Adu, you name it) who is physically strong from a young age, I can't see it as anything other than plain racist profiling.

Show me a forged passport and we can talk. Or actual proof of tampering with it your age. Until then, please stop proliferating racial stereotypes.

PDA1234

Just read his comments about Rooney, and other delusional outbursts. This guy is basically what the term facepalm was invented for
Thanks for that mate :)

So he's a hotheaded talented youngster - hmmm ...

I bet Mancini knew what he was taking on.