Mario Lemina

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I don't know a great deal about the player but he looks like his first thought is to go forwards rather than sideways/backwards. Can't be a bad player to have played for Juve, but it's another risk and we need guaranteed first team players...desperately.
Padoin, Sturaro, Hernanes, Zaza, were some of his teammates there. A couple played more than him too i think

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Pereyra now of Watford also.
Pereyra's good, and was excellent for them the first season. Lemina's not bad, mind, nothing like those guys i mentioned. Just pointing out that having played for juventus doesn't mean all that much, they've made their share of mistakes

Jacob

Seems like he's on a mission to prove himself. Bodes well for potential recruitors.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Pereyra's good, and was excellent for them the first season. Lemina's not bad, mind, nothing like those guys i mentioned. Just pointing out that having played for juventus doesn't mean all that much, they've made their share of mistakes
They are both decent to good, I don’t think either are top 4 quality, or consistent enough.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
So is the supposed fee for taking him on. Just below peak age, reasonable fee and somewhat PL proven.
How exactly is he EPL proven considering that his experience with Southampton has been average at best? Is Fred EPL proven too?

Sterling Archer

Just sign the player already.

If this interest is real, it's ridiculous that we have these reports out. It should have been a swift bid, contract and done deal at the prices being noted.

On the other hand, if this is one of Woodwards games to try and test Newcastle on Longstaff, oh feck me, that's pathetic.

Suv666

We are trying way too hard to emulate Liverpool. This will end in tears.

Jacob

How exactly is he EPL proven considering that his experience with Southampton has been average at best? Is Fred EPL proven too?
I admittedly don't watch Southampton very often but he had a great game versus us. Also, based on YouTube compilations, he clearly is talented but consistency seems to be the problem. Very much like Martial in that sense. You have to have some faith in that a new manager/setup/challenge can turn a player around or set him straight. He wouldn't be on massive wages, surely lower than Fellaini and/or Herrera, and we need numbers in midfield. All in all, a risk well worth taking I'd say - like for like replacement of Herrera.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
based on YouTube compilations, he clearly is talented but consistency seems to be the problem...... All in all, a risk well worth taking I'd say.
I remember seeing him on MoTD a few times and thinking to myself that Saints had really unearthed a talent, but then he just dropped off the radar through injury apparently.
I think we have probably all viewed his YouTube highlights as is customary, and there does appear to be quite a talent there, if it only could be delivered on a consistent basis.

devilish

I admittedly don't watch Southampton very often but he had a great game versus us. Also, based on YouTube compilations, he clearly is talented but consistency seems to be the problem. Very much like Martial in that sense. You have to have some faith in that a new manager/setup/challenge can turn a player around or set him straight. He wouldn't be on massive wages, surely lower than Fellaini and/or Herrera, and we need numbers in midfield. All in all, a risk well worth taking I'd say - like for like replacement of Herrera.
The good news about this signing is that he's on a relatively low fee, that he attracted United's scouts attention and that he once attracted Juventus scouts as well. The bad news is that he failed at Juventus (some say it was down to attitude while others say he simply wasn't good enough), that he had struggled with fitness at Southampton, that he lost his place there despite being a big name signing and that his attitude seem to be a bit meah there as well. Now if we were Newcastle then Id say its worth a punt. He's young, he's on cheap and there's some talent in there somewhere. However we're supposed to be the biggest club in the world. Also we're already well stocked with squad players, most of whom seem to have better attitude then this guy.

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
Not really. There's usually a direct correlation between a players qualities, the number of times he changes teams and the prices of those moves. Three clubs had him, saw him every day, knew him, and decided he wasn't worth much to them. Two of those scouted him, from the outside, thought he had enough potential to sign him, then barely 2 years in had given up on him and were only interested to make some money -not even much at that- off of him

That should raise a red flag

Now sure, he might work out at his next club. For arsenal with their budget and current options, it makes some sense

For United? Only if they sell one of Matic/Fred/McT/Pereira
Red flags Marseille and Southampton were attitude issues where he wanted to go to bigger clubs. ThiJs was compounded by his injury issues last year. The only real failure he had was at Juventus when he was 23 years old. I've seen him at Southampton and he stood out, well worth the 20m quid that he'd require.

The Last Jedaiiii

All of them were much more impressive than anything Lemina has done in his career. Salah was excellent for Roma. So were Keita for Leipzig, van Dijk and Mane for Southampton, Firmino for Hoffenheim and Fabinho for Monaco.
Salah wasnt that great at Chelsea tbh and Fabinho wasnt all that at Real Madrid. Some players are late bloomers

Jacob

A lot of reports that he’s lazy from fans, hope it’s not true and he’d be motivated for us.
Can we blame him? He wanted game time and had to leave a CL finalist to play for a relegation side in PL to realize that wish. Must be hard to prove yourself in a frustrating side that is more preoccupied staying up as opposed to playing good football.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Can we blame him? He wanted game time and had to leave a CL finalist to play for a relegation side in PL to realize that wish. Must be hard to prove yourself in a frustrating side that is more preoccupied staying up as opposed to playing good football.
Similar issues at a higher scale at United. Frustrating dude that’s difficult to prove yourself in.

tonnas

Similar issues at a higher scale at United. Frustrating dude that’s difficult to prove yourself in.
Not really, we may not b fighting for the league but we will fight for a top 4 position and Europa league. Also if he does really well he will be more on the map then in the saints squad.

StrettyEnder07

Has he not played 42 times in the league for Southampton and had a very decent season, talk in Feb/March that Liverpool were sniffing around him.

Comparing that to Fred is laughable

DFreshKing

I'm happy with him as Fellani's replacement with potential still untapped. A more dynamic United style player who can carry the ball forward and hold position to allow Pagba/Fernandes/AM to licence to get forward. Still need a quality DM imho.

devilish

Has he not played 42 times in the league for Southampton and had a very decent season, talk in Feb/March that Liverpool were sniffing around him.

Comparing that to Fred is laughable
Fred is a reserve just like lemina is with the difference that he didn't had to compete for a first team place with the likes of Matic, Pogba and Herrera

haram

So he’s decided to tweet a compilation of himself...

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer

Deffo joining us. Only United players constantly tweet about how hard they’re working.

R'hllor

Christ... caps and all, dont think i saw anything like it before. Wait is that video 2x speed

Nickosaur

As a squad player, I guess he kinda makes sense. Still very meh. We need to sign for the first XI, we have the likes of Pereira, mctominay, fred, gomes already as depth options already.

NotQuiteManc

United missed out in Dembele (CM for Fulham/Spurs) once. If Ole can get the best of him, at ~20 30 mils, it is not a high risk. Unless Ed starts to offer players 300k despite their abilities and contributions :nervous:

Crustanoid

Deffo joining us. Only United players constantly tweet about how hard they’re working.
The person spec for the job Ed sent out included:

Essential criteria: must be good at self-marketing and heavily addictive to social media use to sell shirts

Desirable criteria: has experience of playing football at any level.
Candidates must also pass initial screening. Those who answer yes to: (a) will you command a sizeable transfer fee and (b) will you improve our football team will not be taken forward for interview

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
So Fellaini leaves on a free and we sign this guy for 15m.

Really cant keep up with the logic. Probably age is catching up on me.

willhse456

Can't wait for him to lose the ball whilst doing a backheel in our penalty area :drool:

On a more serious note he looks like more of a BTEC Pogba than a Fellaini/Herrera replacement...