Mario Lemina

ColvaleGoa

I think it's a low risk signing. There is potential there but if doesn't work out, Hey ho...on your bike and it's not a big loss. Might as well take a punt.

oreon

The Glazers and Ole have brainwashed a lot fans thinking we need to go after low-level talents because the high priced targets haven't worked out. It's beyond insane that he's even a consideration. A midfield of Lemina, Longstaff, and Matic is going to compete against City's? This is a joke. This could be made up rumours, I hope it is. Otherwise is a joke.

AkaAkuma

Could he be an Evra recommendation? Played together at Juventus, and looks to have a similar personality as him, based on the personal videos of him on youtube.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
He looks good in that video but that’s 1 feckin game. How old is he?
He's nearly 30. 25 I think.

He's talented, there's no doubt about it, he just doesn't have any level of consistency. Could be a good squad addition though.

Mainoldo

We moaning about Longstaff but for the price is he not a better option. I actually think he is out back up option to Longstaff as mad as that sounds. But makes sense. Squad player with ability on the ball and an engine.

Looks marketable too if he actually turns out good. Win win for those who love the Ed Cliche line.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
I like this signing, we have been crying all out for some midfield depth and this is that. I think he has another level in him to find, even if that is just fixing his consistency issues.

Toad

Not a bad squad player. But will need a top class midfielder as well. If we buy this guy as a starter I’m sorry but it’s a shit window.

RedStarUnited

Everytime im underwhelmed by a player linked to us, I think of Liverpools midfield.

Lets be serious guys, no one in here cared much about Liverpools midfield last summer. And they lost the league by a point and won the CL.

Its a team sport, the right balance and combinations are more important than names.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
You have to wonder what the feck people are thinking. I know I’m not a United fan but I do have a respect for your club and certainly prefer United to any other top team in the league.
I honestly don't know. I have been a member of this forum for so long and I still get surprised

kouroux

Everytime im underwhelmed by a player linked to us, I think of Liverpools midfield.

Lets be serious guys, no one in here cared much about Liverpools midfield last summer. And they lost the league by a point and won the CL.

Its a team sport, the right balance and combinations are more important than names.
Liverpool has a world class coach and we don't.

AminoAlex

He's brilliant on his day and has bags of ability but very inconsistent and he doesn't seem to be the most determined.
Perfect for us then. He can take a big pay packet and put in some half-arsed performances like the rest of the squad.

DoomSlayer

I just stated a fact. That doesn't mean I don't have faith in Ole nor won't be supporting the club...
I understand and apologise if it sounded like I'm accusing you of that. It's just that already there are far too many people on the Caf who have turned against Solskjaer, constantly having digs about him as a manager and even as a person.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa

Fabianho is pretty good and would walk into Man. United midfield. Had a slow start adapting but was very important in run in, particularly in CL. Shown his quality at Monaco also.

James Milner is arguably most underrated English player of last decade, coaches dream and I think he'd have helped your transition from Scholes-Giggs era if you'd signed him from us in 2010 instead of Ashley Young. SAF would've loved him anyway given you had similar in Park who he got great CL performances out of. Same for Fletcher.

Henderson isn't too bad either despite the stick he always gets.

I certainly get it's not as star studded as Man. City or many of other european elite but the pieces fit together.

Lots of work for Man. United to do in this area. You have Matic who really declined last season. Everyone saw Glyfi Sigurdsson glide away from him in the 4-0 and Matic was just jogging back as he scored. Fred was just passing to Man. City players constantly in the April game so I don't see him dominanting key premier league games anytime soon, maybe he'll come good in europa and build from there as I presume he looked good for Donestk in european competition. Then you have McTominay and Andreas who are promising but still green at highest level.

Said before but I'd have kept Herrera. Lots and lots of work for Man. United in this area.

3KDré

Liverpool's midfield's lack of creativity is accounted for by their fullbacks and the front three. Our midfield lacks creativity without Pogba, our fullbacks haven't shown to be as good offensively as Liverpool's and I don't even need to say anything about our front three.

kouroux

I understand and apologise if it sounded like I'm accusing you of that. It's just that already there are far too many people on the Caf who have turned against Solskjaer, constantly having digs about him as a manager and even as a person.
No worries. Time will tell, being a little optimistic can be good for the soul.
I'm skeptical by nature and don't rate Lemina but I hope to be proven wrong if he is signed

Last edited:

kirk buttercup

Feck it he might turn out to be a good signing. Henderson and Milner, Salah after he left Chelsea or when at Roma were hardly on my wish list and they turned out pretty damn good . It's less than 20 go for it

DoomSlayer

No worries. Time will tell, being a little optimistic can be good for the soul.
I'm skeptical by nature and don'y rate Lemina but I hope to be proven wrong if he is signed
Personally, I have a lot of issues and not much optimism about our club due to a lot of factors, but looking at OGS, I see a very confident man who knows what United is all about and wouldn't disgrace our badge or history.

Fans need to give him time to build a working playstyle and system. I prefer going for the medium to long-term future instead of chopping and changing every 2 years, looking for that instant success. We could have done that when Sir Alex retired - get a top class manager, give him £250 million for transfers, use the old guard to pass on the culture to the new generation of players and keep dominating the domestic scene, whilst targeting an improvement over our European record. The boat has long sailed for that though.

Hawks2008

We need first team starters, not bargain basement rejects
This really is the heart of it. We need established first teamers who will raise the level of the team, not penny pinching for a guy who maybe can be good enough to warm the bench. The lack of ambition is concerning.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Let’s hope this is bollocks. Not the level of player we should looking at.

SambaBoy

He's a very talented player, and on his day he's brilliant. Has good pace, power, skill and passing ability.

Problem is his willingness to apply himself and consistency. He has been very good for Southampton at times, and then sometimes looks like he can't be bothered. Plus all his social media activities whilst not performing on the pitch has rubbed up their fans the wrong way, a bit like Lingard and Pogba.

He acts like he's too good for Southampton and he's probably right, but he's gone about it the wrong way. He should knuckle down and try to add consistency to his game and improve his attitude rather than just going through the motions trying to get a move. Hopefully if he makes the step up to United, he will lose that attitude and have the motivation to prove himself at a top club.

Tiber

To replace Fellaini? He couldn't be any worse that's for sure

NoPace

I guess I could see the logic in selling Matic for 10M and buying Lemina for 18M and basically having their wages cancel out the difference, but he's just a decent player. Nothing special in terms of composure on the ball which you typically need to be consistently good enough to play for a top 4 side.

Jezpeza

Imho, just sky clickbait. Soton put him up for sale this morning suddenly we have ‘enquired’. Wont happen.

Would be a very shit signing anyway for that half of the debate, statistically much worse than Matic, whos cack. Have we not learned from having to clear out other bargain bin buys like schneiderlin, and blind

manunited1919

Why isn’t it a low risk signing?
Because a low value signing is not necessarily a low risk signing. For example: if you sign 4 players for £25m each with relatively little experience at a high level, you might get 3 out of those 4 players will never even be good enough to be a squad player. And perhaps 1 will be good enough to be a squad player. So after 2 years the £100m has become worth maybe £50m. And even worse, we will have 4 players on high salaries that will be difficult to move on. Of course, you could unearth a Ryan Giggs, but chances are you can also get many Nick Powells and Bebes.

But if you sign 2 proven midfielders for £50m each, sort of what Tottenham and City just did, chances are these 2 midfielders will develop into first team quality midfielders, and after 2 years they will likely be worth £100m. If done appropriately, this kind of investment in players is actually lower risk than betting on your ability to unearth AND develop appropriately the next Ryann Giggs.

manunited1919

Personally, I have a lot of issues and not much optimism about our club due to a lot of factors, but looking at OGS, I see a very confident man who knows what United is all about and wouldn't disgrace our badge or history.

Fans need to give him time to build a working playstyle and system. I prefer going for the medium to long-term future instead of chopping and changing every 2 years, looking for that instant success. We could have done that when Sir Alex retired - get a top class manager, give him £250 million for transfers, use the old guard to pass on the culture to the new generation of players and keep dominating the domestic scene, whilst targeting an improvement over our European record. The boat has long sailed for that though.
I support OGS 100%, and think he has the best interests of the club at all times. But the real questions are 1) who came up with the strategy to buy these hungry players with potential (who are the people influencing OGS), 2) why did they choose this course of action, and 3) Are the owners and board willing to support OGS by bringing in top quality signings?