Mark Clattenburg

Robertd0803

Several months late but “Ashley Young dive” :lol: . Most blatant red card last man foul you’ll ever see.
I love watching tbe highlights of that match. It was like all the dodgy decisions Chelsea got against us over the years came back to haunt them :lol: Hernandez goal being about 4 miles offside was the icing on the cake.

I dont remember now but what was the fallout when the allegations made by Mikel turned out to be false?

pascell

It's a bit of an iffy one, if a pregnant referee took a stray shot/pass into the stomach and lost the baby, the decision to allow them to referee whilst pregnant then would be heavily questioned.

But then I guess the decision to go ahead and referee the game would fall at the feet of the referee and they'd understand the risk.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
It's a bit of an iffy one, if a pregnant referee took a stray shot/pass into the stomach and lost the baby, the decision to allow them to referee whilst pregnant then would be heavily questioned.

But then I guess the decision to go ahead and referee the game would fall at the feet of the referee and they'd understand the risk.
How far into a pregnancy do female players have to stop playing? Seems sensible to use the same for a female official

Hastar

Supports
Liverpool
Numpty Clattenburg has provided the usual social media idiots yet another opportunity to gather victimhood points, and talk about how things are difficult for them in their progressive first world countries and privileged lives.

PS: Can't stand the man and that view was stupid. But bored of seeing this given more importance online, when things are way worse for women in other things and more importantly other regions.

Last edited:

Superden

Numpty Clattenburg has provided the usual social media idiots yet another opportunity to gather victimhood points, and talk about how things are difficult for them in their progressive first world countries and privileged lives.

PS: Can't stand the man and that view was stupid. But bored of seeing this given more importance online, when things are way worse for women in other things and more importantly other regions.
This is bs whataboutery. It was mainly women in sport pointing out how the likes of Serena Williams managed to remain elite athletes and have kids etc.

Hastar

Supports
Liverpool
This is bs whataboutery. It was mainly women in sport pointing out how the likes of Serena Williams managed to remain elite athletes and have kids etc.
I was speaking about the usual suspects who rush to make virtuous posts on internet about the usual PowerPoint-esque woke bullet-points, whenever they get an opportunity.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
The fecker accepted that he let Spurs players take out Chelsea players in that stupid game because he had some kind of beautiful picture of how the game should go in his mind, and he wanted to see it implemented.
Should have been banned and shamed, even though he was retired.
That was a mind-blowing admission. He said he let them run amok chopping down Chelsea players because he wanted Spurs imploding to be the story of their title hopes ending, and not Clattenburg giving someone a red card who deserved it. "Absolute theatre" he called it. Adding insult to injury, the FA then fined Chelsea (and Spurs) for failing to control their players.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
Serena Williams has 1 kid whom she had after her peak, Katie Chapman would be a better example, she had multiple children whilst in and around her peak playing career

dal

What he has said is stupid, from the extreme end it’s like women can’t have a career as a referee.

What is raised here about contact sport while pregnant though is very very relevant.

I watch the women’s game a lot for a variety of reasons :lol: but seriously the way they play near the top level it’s almost better than the men’s as there’s less physicality and the game can flow brilliantly.

Cloud7

That was a mind-blowing admission. He said he let them run amok chopping down Chelsea players because he wanted Spurs imploding to be the story of their title hopes ending, and not Clattenburg giving someone a red card who deserved it. "Absolute theatre" he called it. Adding insult to injury, the FA then fined Chelsea (and Spurs) for failing to control their players.
And it’s scary that he was considered one of the “better” referees. When you think about that you realize why so many games are so poorly officiated.

Superden

I was speaking about the usual suspects who rush to make virtuous posts on internet about the usual PowerPoint-esque woke bullet-points, whenever they get an opportunity.
my woke bullet points:
1. dont be a cnut
2. always remember 1.

i cant be bothered to do a powerpoint slide

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband

yeah until she takes her employer to court.

Is it the FA that employ refs? If I was in charge of refs then I would not let a pregnant woman ref a game on health and safety grounds.
If she got a smack in the stomach and the baby died then that's a totally preventable occurrence and the employer will have accountability - even if the woman says she doesnt mind, its incumbent on the employer to prevent harm to employees

RedDevil@84

And it’s scary that he was considered one of the “better” referees. When you think about that you realize why so many games are so poorly officiated.
Its not tough. You just need backing from FA. Watch how Oliver will be the face of English refereeing in few years, if not already.

Superden

yeah until she takes her employer to court.

Is it the FA that employ refs? If I was in charge of refs then I would not let a pregnant woman ref a game on health and safety grounds.
If she got a smack in the stomach and the baby died then that's a totally preventable occurrence and the employer will have accountability - even if the woman says she doesnt mind, its incumbent on the employer to prevent harm to employees
How often have referees of any gender been smacked by a ball in the stomach? Should pregnant women just stay in bed all day instead. Are all those businesses employing anyone whose pregnant just one slip or trip away from a corporate manslaughter charge? Theres PC gone mad and then theres this, which is a different cheek of the same arse.

McGrathsipan

How often have referees of any gender been smacked by a ball in the stomach? Should pregnant women just stay in bed all day instead. Are all those businesses employing anyone whose pregnant just one slip or trip away from a corporate manslaughter charge? Theres PC gone mad and then theres this, which is a different cheek of the same arse.
Don't be silly.

Why do you put a safety belt on in a car every time?
Why do builders have to wear safety boots?
Why do I have to have car insurance when I've never crashed in 20 years?

Its nothing to do with PC. Its about risk assessment and treatment of risk.
The consequences are still catastrophic even if the likelihood of occurrence is low.
Think about it.

The treatment of this risk is clearly to remove the person from harms way.

When a woman is pregnant work duties have to change when physical work is involved.
It's not sexist or PC. Its sensible.

FatTails

What a braindead take. When someone says something racist, do you also get more bothered by the fact that the “woke” people have something to complain about rather than what was actually said?

Also, never, ever, convince yourself that “hey someone else has it worse” is a good argument. Whatever misery is happening, to anyone, anywhere, can always be one-upped by something worse. “oh you only lost one child to cancer? Give me a break. I know a man in Cambodia who lost two!”

FatTails

Don't be silly.

The consequences are still catastrophic even if the likelihood of occurrence is low.
Think about it.

When a woman is pregnant work duties have to change when physical work is involved.
Clattenburg is the expert on this because?

Fluctuation0161

They should be able to take a 9 month+ break then return where they left off. Like maternity leave in any job but slightly extended so they don't have to work while pregnant.

edcunited1878

Women can still be pregnant and be functional, healthy individuals. fecking look at Jon Moss...the fecker has been preggo for years yet somehow he still gets around.

Just cannot help but laugh at shit like this. Ignorant idiot and suppressing women, ffs. Why can't they be a 4th official or the VAR even when pregnant? Yes, they will reach a certain term where physical activity should be limited or significantly reduced, but even then, it's up to each individual.

Fluctuation0161

Women can still be pregnant and be functional, healthy individuals. fecking look at Jon Moss...the fecker has been preggo for years yet somehow he still gets around.

Just cannot help but laugh at shit like this. Ignorant idiot and suppressing women, ffs. Why can't they be a 4th official or the VAR even when pregnant? Yes, they will reach a certain term where physical activity should be limited or significantly reduced, but even then, it's up to each individual.
Yep. All fair points.

Some people stuck in the 70s!

Superden

Don't be silly.

Think about it.

Let's do a risk comparison based on actual happenings..

No of times players are seriously injured in a game vs number of times fans get hit by a stray shot vs number of times a referee is hit in the belly.

Let's get rid of fans and players.
Actually the sensible risk averse option would be to get rid of the football.

McGrathsipan

Let's do a risk comparison based on actual happenings..
That's not how risk assessment works.

The rest of your drivel is ramblings of someone that doesn't know what they are talking about.

Once again I'll repeat that the consequence could be catastrophic if a pregnant woman gets smashed in the stomach.
Why would you want to put her in harms way. Putting her on the line flag reduces risk. Putting her as 4th official reduces risk further.

Trequarista10

I read it as him attempting to express the challenges women in sport currently face, not him saying women shouldn't be in sport, so I don't quite get the fuss about his comments?

Would have to see the video/audio in full context to say for certain. Although I don't suppose that's stopped anyone else from deciding...

Superden

That's not how risk assessment works.

The rest of your drivel is ramblings of someone that doesn't know what they are talking about.

Once again I'll repeat that the consequence could be catastrophic if a pregnant woman gets smashed in the stomach.
Why would you want to put her in harms way. Putting her on the line flag reduces risk. Putting her as 4th official reduces risk further.
Why not just put her under house arrest? Then theres very little risk, as long as its a bungalow. Honestly, using an event that happens less than 0.01% of the time to marginalise 50% of the population from getting involved in a career, thats not ramblings? I heard the interview live with Clattenberg on talksport and it was clear he was clutching at straws, he shot himself in the other foot when he 'rambled' on about high fitness levels, because you know are all refs are super fit and women, well you know.... Joe Marler who was part of the show called him out on twitter pretty much straight away.

What's drivel is hiding behind taking potshots at wokeness to justify such ill informed opinions being challenged.

Pep's Suit

So when this place became so woke? I've been reading here some absolute nonsense 'arguments' in defence of certain people for months but it really becomes hilarious when it clashes with tribalism. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
Christ almighty! Is this the route we’re going down all because Clattenburg is a twat?
if you can't see the difference between playing tennis and being involved in a contact sport when pregnant that's on you. I asked a question and replied to someone's answer.

Female players have had kids, how far along into the pregnancy they have to stop playing was my question btw?

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
if you can't see the difference between playing tennis and being involved in a contact sport when pregnant that's on you. I asked a question and replied to someone's answer.

Female players have had kids, how far along into the pregnancy they have to stop playing was my question btw?
Talking of twats

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
Talking of twats
so you don't know the answer then? It's okay to admit that and not chuck around insults. Clattenburg's comments sparked a wider discussion feel free to join in then trying desperately to be some white knight on the internet

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
so you don't know the answer then? It's okay to admit that and not chuck around insults. Clattenburg's comments sparked a wider discussion feel free to join in then trying desperately to be some white knight on the internet
Sorry, sexist twats

Kcocymkcus

Not a fan of Clattenburg but he wasn't saying females couldn't be referees, he was pointing out that to be a top referee in your prime, then for women at least, it usually coincides with them wanting to start a family. He actually said that by the time they could be a top ref they may have lost out to someone who didn't take time out to start a family and then they miss out, which is a shame. At no point did he actually say they couldn't be.

The real twat was Marler the rugby player, posting on Twitter that Clattenburg was out of order and basically kissing every woke, snowflake, female backside, trying to be loved and sucking up to them all.

The trouble with any female related question is that logic always leaves the room these days and you're immediately slated if it goes against what they really want to hear, even if it is the truth. All that happens in that instance is you introduce a lower level of ability and lower the standards all round just to accommodate a PC agenda. Dont believe me? Just take a look at the state of this country and where its heading.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/21154929/mark-clattenburg-flee-egypt-abuse-referee-gay/

Mark Clattenburg forced to flee Egypt after shocking abuse as club chief claims ex-Prem referee is in gay relationship

FORMER Premier League ref Mark Clattenburg has been forced to flee Egypt where he was in charge of the country’s whistlers.

The Englishman has suffered harsh criticism and personal attacks from Mortada Mansour, the president of Zamalek Sporting Club.

Mansour has been critical of Clattenburg’s role in Egyptian football and has incorrectly claimed that the ex-ref has left his wife to start a gay relationship.

Clattenburg, 47, has decided to leave Egypt as he feared for his safety following threats from the supporters of Zamalek.