Marko Arnautović | United have pulled out

caid

My initial thought was wtf, thats a dumb idea.
But i say screw it to be honest. He's a player that might actually fit quite well amongst the players we have. He's not good enough but having something resembling a solid partnership in the team would be a positive change. And were clearly hopeless enough that we can only buy players that any random football supporter can name.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
I mean, it's not that ridiculous. Liverpool went 30 years without winning the league.
Football is different now though, there's much more money involved and the managerial merry go round is a lot faster than 30 years ago. We'll win a title before 30 years time.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Football is different now though, there's much more money involved and the managerial merry go round is a lot faster than 30 years ago. We'll win a title before 30 years time.
Maybe, but it’s nearly been ten years already. Could easily see us not winning one for another ten.

Meep

No. God no. Give the youngsters his chance.

Swedish_Plumber

So we’ve gone from signing older talented centre forwards to bidding for bang average older centre forwards?

It’s clown town at Old Trafford.

AFC NimbleThumb

Why couldn't this be done weeks ago? What's changed apart form the Martial injury?
That’s the main issue I’d have with a transfer like this. Rate him or not this could have been done in July, I get things change but who were we chasing in attack then

The continuation of the scattergun approach has been the most disheartening part of this off season. We can see early signs of progress on the field [todays aside] but have absolutely nothing to look to off it.

Fluctuation0161

The club is laughable in letting Ten Hag run away with his targets.

There needs to be a limit and they need to put their foot down.

Arnautovic ffs.
You have no idea who his targets are. This mightve been his 6th choice for all your know and the board could've let him down.

jamesjimmybyrondean

If I knew we would end up bidding for this guy, I'd have been screaming for Nunez or Richarlison or Scamacca

Trequarista10

Why couldn't this be done weeks ago? What's changed apart form the Martial injury?
My only guess would be that after assessing our squad during pre-season EtH has realised they are nowhere near good enough, or even worse than he had expected, or that they are incapable of following instructions, have an atrocious work ethic, etc

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
My only guess would be that after assessing our squad during pre-season EtH has realised they are nowhere near good enough, or even worse than he had expected, or that they are incapable of following instructions, have an atrocious work ethic, etc
Our squad didn't need much assessment. ETH just needed to have a Caf account

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Exactly what you want to see when you lose your opening fixture due to lack of a midfield.

Let’s sign a 33 year old striker from the Chinese league!

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
It's a signing you make when you've botched the transfer window and are desperate beyond reason. Even for us, that takes time.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
He plays for Bologna, but still, yeah
Just checked, I was sure he went to China but yeah he’s been at Bologna for a year. At least he’s been in a decent ish league then.

I’m guessing we’ve been told Sesko is a no go, and Ten Hag needs his Haller.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
That’s the main issue I’d have with a transfer like this. Rate him or not this could have been done in July, I get things change but who were we chasing in attack then

The continuation of the scattergun approach has been the most disheartening part of this off season. We can see early signs of progress on the field [todays aside] but have absolutely nothing to look to off it.
Exactly, it makes no sense. Nothing has changed behind the scenes.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away

Far from scattergun. Chelsea are taking a scattergun approach. We are not.

VictoryUltras

Supports
Melbourne Victory
I am a Melbourne Victory fan and I don't think I'd be all that excited for him. What has happened to you guys.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
At no point in his best phase as a footballer, I'd ever wanna sign him. Wtf is going at our beloved club ?
Exactly, even at his absolute best he was painfully average and a twat to boot. So even the comparison to Zlatan or Cavani doesn't hold up

gormless

If our shit club is reduced to signing a shit player who has previously been banned for racism due to their own hideous mismanagement it’s just another symbol of how low we have fallen