Marko Arnautović | United have pulled out

Godfather

There is also Amad, Pellistri etc. If Ronaldo is going and its a big if as no one wants him then it would make sense but essentially he will be 3rd choice if not and with the bad PR it is bringing by his past behaviour, its not worth it.
The guys you mentioned would be killed by the CBs in the league. They are nowhere near the level needed yet. Some are seriously underrating Arnautovic on here. The guy is strong as an ox and good technically. Too old now and injury prone but leagues ahead of the likes of Pellistri yet.

Ronaldo's Love Child

The board really need to take the pressure of ETH this season. Forget top four. Forget top six. Forget any type of trophy.

Build a solid foundation with the players we've got. Only buy world class players or young players we can develop.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
What’s the main issue with signing him? Character, age, talent, or opportunity cost of not signing someone better?
He’s old, he’s not good enough and above all else he’s a fecking racist.

Garethw

why the feck are we still in this guy
Disgusting if true.

I will fully back ETH this season, even if we finish outside the top 4. But if this transfer is being pushed by him rather than be a Glazer money saving exercise then serious questions need to be raised as to his suitability for deciding on transfer targets.

BeltUp

Supports
United
I've had a think and we've had a racist Prime Minister for the past couple of years so I doubt it would cause a stir if United signed a racist striker.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Can anyone describe him as a player. I don't remember much about him. Good in the air? Can press well?

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
He's not a racist, he'st just an idiot, if that makes you feel any better.
I can see you're listed as Austrian so might have a little more insight - but calling an opposition player a racial slur generally marks you out as a racist...

And it's not an isolated incident is it.

Spielmacher

Can anyone describe him as a player. I don't remember much about him. Good in the air? Can press well?
Presses better than Ronaldo and worse than Mandzukic :D

Good in the air mainly due to his height of 1,92m. Excellent first touch, great dribbler, good finishing.

Dazzmondo

Disgusting if true.

I will fully back ETH this season, even if we finish outside the top 4. But if this transfer is being pushed by him rather than be a Glazer money saving exercise then serious questions need to be raised as to his suitability for deciding on transfer targets.
Of course it's being pushed by ETH. The Glazers wouldn't want Arnautovic. No commercial benefit and brings controversy too. This is clearly fully ETH's decision as has consistently heen reported since the original links. All our targets this season seem to be ETH's targets. Our scouting team seem to have literally zero input.

Spielmacher

I can see you're listed as Austrian so might have a little more insight - but calling an opposition player a racial slur generally marks you out as a racist...

And it's not an isolated incident is it.
It's not?

The talk was that he was insulted by the opponents for the whole match and he's a very emotional player. And I don't have to tell you that certain Balkan countries don't get along well...

Garethw

Good in the air mainly due to his height of 1,92m. Excellent first touch, great dribbler, good finishing.
And to think that I looked down on us potentially signing Mandzukic a few years back. I’d have him in a heart beat over the racist.

CloneMC16

I can't believe the club would attempt to sign this guy. A new low. Fans need to put pressure on the club to stop this.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

I remember him being really strong gand technically good as well. But at 33 I'm not sure how much of his ability he'll display in a league as tough as the PL. Have to hope he shows his best form I guess.

Morpheus 7

Joke signing, disgraceful too with his past conduct. Be riots yet this season until these hypocrites sell up. Be interesting to see if he takes the knee here, joke.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
It's not?

The talk was that he was insulted by the opponents for the whole match and he's a very emotional player. And I don't have to tell you that certain Balkan countries don't get along well...
I've been emotional a few times in my life but always just about managed to stay away from racial slurs and ethnic abuse.

I must be a really strong character.

Spielmacher

I've been emotional a few times in my life but always just about managed to stay away from racial slurs and ethnic abuse.

I must be a really strong character.
The upbringing with a balkan background is very different to growing up in England. The reactions in this thread are overblown.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
The upbringing with a balkan background is very different to growing up in England. The reactions in this thread are overblown.
I appreciate that as would 99% of this thread. Are we seriously defending using the N word at a bare minimum?

Spielmacher

I remember him being really strong gand technically good as well. But at 33 I'm not sure how much of his ability he'll display in a league as tough as the PL. Have to hope he shows his best form I guess.
I hope Ten Hag can find out what his current motivation and desire to play is. Past 30 doesn't have to be a bad thing, a good example is Benzema.

Garethw

If we sign a known racist then we might as well get greenwood back in tbh
It’s a very bizarre decision from a club that is all about positive PR.

The majority of comments on social media are fans saying they’ll boycott the club if we sign a known racist.

I fully expect Greenwood to be playing for us again this season. I think the case will get brushed under the carpet.

It will be interesting to see how they handle that PR disaster.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
His father is Serbian and he grew up in Austria, he's just a dickhead. Being Balkan is no excuse for it and there are plenty of balkans out there who grew up to be respectful folk without a short fuse and a foul mouth.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
For around 5M, he's a smart signing as a back up striker option off the bench. Kind of like how Fergie used a late career Michael Owen and got him a PL medal. Giving him a 3 year deal and offering up even more in transfer fees is just losing the leverage you already lost in other negotiations after that disaster of a performance.

Rusholme Ruffian

Of course it's being pushed by ETH. The Glazers wouldn't want Arnautovic. No commercial benefit and brings controversy too. This is clearly fully ETH's decision as has consistently heen reported since the original links. All our targets this season seem to be ETH's targets. Our scouting team seem to have literally zero input.
Yeah, I'm concerned I must admit. The targetting of so many previous players, the obsession with FDJ to the exclusion of all other options, and now this. It's all got a whiff of Moyes about it. I'm sure the guy is a great coach, but managing a massive club (especially one in near-terminal decline) is about a lot more than just coaching. It's a world away from Ajax. And the poor fella has Murtough, Arnold and Fletcher to guide him through it - and they are all novices at this level themselves. Hope he can make the step up, but my faith has taken a massive hit in the last couple of weeks.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
For around 5M, he's a smart signing as a back up striker option off the bench. Kind of like how Fergie used a late career Michael Owen and got him a PL medal. Giving him a 3 year deal and offering up even more in transfer fees is just losing the leverage you already lost in other negotiations after that disaster of a performance.
Fergie used michael owen when we were one of the best teams in the world, mate.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
It's not?

So what about the player in the Eredivise that he called the N word?

Poor Marko.

Malone_Post

It’s just disgraceful. How are the players supposed to seriously take the knee before every game having just signed a player that has been banned for racism? I don’t even care that he’s a crap player anymore. This is far bigger then that.

I’ve lost all respect for Erik after this. I’m not supporting a team that contains a racist piece of shit. Well done United, you’ve finally broken me.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
If we sign a known racist then we might as well get greenwood back in tbh
He’s never been banned or found guilty of racism. I’m also not sure why people continually equate those two alleged incidents to what we heard Greenwood do either. He could be a racist - probably likely is - but he isn’t a known racist. The Club PR will say the Dutch incident was dropped 12 years ago and he got banned for abusive but not discriminatory language at the Euros.