Marko Arnautović | United have pulled out

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Is this happens I’m not bothering to tune in this season. What an absolute farce. I’m damn lucky I don’t contribute one penny to the club. That’s not changing…
Really? You don't watch the games then?

crackers0seven

Where's Richie lambert these days. The glazers must be pool fans and they are getting their own back on us for the 90s. Really slow and painful death for utd is the way to do it.

AndySmith1990

It's not about quantity.

It's about getting players in who will work hard and have the right attitude to push the others in the right direction.
As a third choice striker we could do alot worse than Marko.
There are plenty of crap hard working players in the lower leagues we could sign if that's all we're looking for.

You're just trying to fool yourself here. Don't know why, but thats your perogative. Arnautovic is scraping the bottom of the barrel and the backlash to this is evident of how poor this reflects on United.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
I'm not on twitter either anymore but I think it's a pretty safe bet they are if I know that platform.
Ok I hope so. Not against signing another striker, but pretty sure there are other players out there. This guy is just no.....

I also hope ETH really hasn't indicated that he likes his 'character' cause that would make me very nervous and start to wonder what exactly are ETH's values if he doesn't see anything wrong with that player's character.

Castia

Cool, let's stick to what we have then. We'll be fine.
Why have you settled though? you seem happy with Arnautovich like we haven’t had all summer to sign an attacker

Whats next? Let’s sign Longstaff for the midfield because it’s better than nobody?

Filling the squad with bang average talent on over inflated wages once again, hey it’s worked in the past let’s do it again!

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
How is it down to our owners that we are bidding for Arnautovic?
You buy yourself a McDonald's for lunch rather than dine at a fancy restaurant if you‘ve only got a tenner in your pocket.

Champ

Why have you settled though? you seem happy with Arnautovich like we haven’t had all summer to sign an attacker

Whats next? Let’s sign Longstaff for the midfield because it’s better than nobody?

Filling the squad with bang average talent on over inflated wages once again, hey it’s worked in the past let’s do it again!
That's the issue here though, he's not 'bang average', he is actually a decent player who will probably be happy to be a squad option but who will give his all every time he plays.

But I know fans want shiny new toys to be world class every time, just a shame for them the footballing world doesn't work that way.

ilrm

Supports
Real Madrid
This guy is supposed to be a dressing room nightmare … Apparently has major fallouts with managers and coaches.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Yeah, on top of everything else that's wrong with signing Arnautovic - that's just it, isn't it? He's being targeted now because Martial is injured. So, we're light up front - just Ronaldo, really.

I mean, wasn't it evident that we were light to begin with? Martial and Ronaldo = a player with huge question marks over him and a 38 year old "club legend" who also has question marks above him (and that's without factoring in that he's probably been wanting to leave for months).

This isn't on ETH, by the way - not for me. It's 99% on Murtough.

AndySmith1990

That's the issue here though, he's not 'bang average', he is actually a decent player who will probably be happy to be a squad option but who will give his all every time he plays.

But I know fans want shiny new toys to be world class every time, just a shame for them the footballing world doesn't work that way.
If he's such a decent option why the feck didn't we sign him a couple months ago?

I know the answer to this, but interested to get your perspective

Champ

If Ronaldo goes, and Martial is out for a while, he'll be first choice.
Which is a problem why? What's the alternative?

Garnarcho? Decent and a prospect but not ready yet.
Rashford? Not great through the middle.
Anyone else?

Godfather

This guy is supposed to be a dressing room nightmare … Apparently has major fallouts with managers and coaches.
Not true for Austria. He's been a favorite of our managers throughout. On club level I have no idea. Works his socks off but he's simply too old now.

Champ

If he's such a decent option why the feck didn't we sign him a couple months ago?

I know the answer to this, but interested to get your perspective
Because we can't get the other players we want, like Sesko.

Is it better to be left light of options or get a decent player in for low cost who will give their all every game?

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Do you guys know if United fans on twitter etc are kicking up a storm with this? I'm not on these platforms hence my question.

I've read just now some other stuff about him and this guy is hella problematic.... can't believe club/ETH (specially) could possibly think this is ok?
Take the sh!t off this thread, multiply it by 100, double it, add the number you first thought of and THAT'S how p!ssed Twitter 'fans' are.

Also a lot of journos also having a pop (at the owners/senior positions not ETH).

Rolaholic

Wish we would go for a young striker option rather than a retread with little to no upside or resale value like this.

IIf we can't get Sesko, there's still plenty of other talented young options we could explore like Diaby, David, Thuram or Gakpo...

If we're ready to spend big then even Osimhen would be a much more worthy option

Ted Lasso

If we heard the link early in the window I'd feel less annoyed. Not an awful player, but he hasn't proven himself above mid table quality.

Reeks of sheer desperation like Ighalo .

wolvored

Buy a young up and coming striker. Hasnt Arnautovic been playing in China recently? We must be getting really desperate.

McSauce FC

Apparently this isn’t happening after all, as the club doesn’t want to deal with the multiple racist incidents being brought up. Good.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Yeah, on top of everything else that's wrong with signing Arnautovic - that's just it, isn't it? He's being targeted now because Martial is injured. So, we're light up front - just Ronaldo, really.

I mean, wasn't it evident that we were light to begin with? Martial and Ronaldo = a player with huge question marks over him and a 38 year old "club legend" who also has question marks above him (and that's without factoring in that he's probably been wanting to leave for months).

This isn't on ETH, by the way - not for me. It's 99% on Murtough.
We’ve been talking to him for 6 weeks - ever since Ronaldo told us he wanted out - according to Mitten. We want a young attacker and him.

Jazz

Apparently this isn’t happening after all, as the club doesn’t want to deal with the multiple racist incidents being brought up. Good.
I hope this is true. They need to utilise their damn scouting department and come up with someone else.

ThanksBoss26

We’ve been talking to him for 6 weeks - ever since Ronaldo told us he wanted out - according to Mitten. We want a young attacker and him.
In that case, we maybe briefed it late this morning in the hope the game would distract.

That went well.

Castia

I disagree on his ability I think even at his very best form for West Ham he wouldn’t get near a top 4 club that’s why he went to China. 13 goals last season then about 13 combined for the 3 years prior he’s shite.

We don’t need a squad player, that suggests our starting 11 is strong enough which it isn’t.

Elanga ain’t good enough.
Rashford is completely off it now for 18 months.
Ronaldo wants out.
Martial was for sale a few months ago and has come back from a failed loan with Sevilla. Huge question marks over his fitness also.
Sancho is talented but we haven’t seen the best of him for 70m+

Your just adding more mediocre talent to a pool of mediocre players. I haven’t even commented on his attitude either he’s supposed to be a right muppet.

Every top 6 club this window has added a top quality attacker. It’s not about getting a shiny new toy it’s about getting players to improve our starting 11.

Last edited:

saik

Hope the club briefs soon that this deal is dead and we can purge this thread from existence. Never have I been so enraged by a player being linked to our club.

jamesjimmybyrondean

What's the point of preaching about signing the right players if we end up with Arnautovic. Ten Hag can't seem to see past players he has a connection with but Murtough really should know better and if he doesn't then I'm afraid nothing is going to change in this new regime

Jazz

Take the sh!t off this thread, multiply it by 100, double it, add the number you first thought of and THAT'S how p!ssed Twitter 'fans' are.

Also a lot of journos also having a pop (at the owners/senior positions not ETH).
Sounds good? Really want this to end now. Not a signing for us.

Jazz

What's the point of preaching about signing the right players if we end up with Arnautovic. Ten Hag can't seem to see past players he has a connection with but Murtough really should know better and if he doesn't then I'm afraid nothing is going to change in this new regime
Said it in another thread but he isn't the one to do transfers. United need someone else to deal with that. What experience does Murtough have in that department? As far as I know, absolutely zero. The CEO needs to deal with this. Let Murtough do his organisation behind the scenes and get a kick ass transfer 'guru' in to help ETH. Otherwise it's madness.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Well, that's slightly less infuriating if true.

Slightly.

We should have started working on this striker situation the moment ETH agreed to join - and if we did, and this is what we end up with (Arnautovic - and no Sesko, or at best Sesko on some kind of buy-to-loan-back deal), it's very hard not to conclude that someone hasn't been doing a stellar job.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
So Erik likes his character...and this guy is a known racist. A new low for Man United

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Didn't somebody bump a thread from 2001 about us signing Robbie Fowler recently? Would still probably be more popular.

Champ

I disagree on his ability I think even at his very best form for West Ham he wouldn’t get near a top 4 club that’s why he went to China. 13 goals last season then about 13 combined for the 3 years prior he’s shite.

We don’t need a squad player, that suggests our starting 11 is strong enough which it isn’t.

Elanga ain’t good enough.
Rashford is completely off it now for 18 months.
Ronaldo wants out.
Martial was for sale a few months ago and has come back from a failed loan with Sevilla. Huge question marks over his fitness also.
Sancho is talented but we haven’t seen the best of him for 70m+

Your just adding more mediocre talent to a pool of mediocre players. I haven’t even commented on his attitude either he’s supposed to be a right muppet.

Every top 6 club this window has added a top quality attacker. It’s not about getting a shiny new toy it’s about getting players to improve our starting 11.
He isn't a 'muppet', that's all absolute bollocks.

He's been playing for Bologna and scored two less goals last season than a striker who West Ham paid £30million for in a team that isn't as prolific in the league as Sassuolo. That'll get brushed over by the masses in here because it doesn't fit with their seething agendas.

He's a good player, the reason people on here can't see that is because they want the very best all the time, that ain't going to happen.
It's not about improving our starting eleven, that's actually decent enough up top, it's about improving the depth, unless you feel Garnacho and a wantaway Ronaldo is good enough support for Martial?

Jazz

So Erik likes his character...and this guy is a known racist. A new low for Man United
.... and ETH..... if it's true he likes his 'character'...

Just want it to be over and we brief that this is a no go transfer.

awkwarddutchguy

If he was not good enough for west ham when he was younger as well what would make him a good option for man utd