Marko Arnautovic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick7

This would be awful and just adds fuel to the fire in terms of we don't know what the feck we're doing with player recruitment.
Jesus, calm down. It's probably just a case of the player used to play for Jose so lets link him. On the off chance we are "interested", we would probably want him for next to nothing as a backup.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
We are going to have a 100% tax put on just about every player we are linked with. Therefore its best to go for players like Fred, Dalot et al. At least they have a chance at being here a over the next 5-10 years as opposed to these late career type buys where the selling club holds us for a ransom.

Mainoldo

Well how much did West Ham get him for? It wasn’t cheap! Rather this rumour than Manzukic (however it’s spelt)

Tom Van Persie

No relation
He's a good player tbf and wouldn't mind seeing him come in as a squad player but not a chance we're paying anywhere near £50M for Arnautovic.

SammyUnited_83

I actually think he will do really well here.

He has something about him, would be all for this.

Beaucoup

This would make LVG's recruitment policy look like the work of genius,

He reminds me of Ronaldo, without the skill, finishing, pace and composure.

Devil may care

£50M for a player only good enough to be a back-up striker, no way can I see this being sanctioned, ludicrous price, even half that is pushing it.

Ciddy

We've been subject to same strange links in the past...... This one is beyond me. I do not get it at all.

Trizy

Surely we'd get Dzeko for that money. Very similar players except Dzeko obviously being much better.

Mainoldo

Surely we'd get Dzeko for that money. Very similar players except Dzeko obviously being much better.
I don’t think his perpose is to be the main striker. Dzeko has done this move before he won’t be coming here to sit on the bench again.

promisedlanchiao

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...er-united-want-marko-arnautovic-from-west-ham

Seems odd to me. Why can’t we just sign some tier one players!? Not more midrange.
Firstly, there are only about 8 tier 1 players in the world (tier 1 players are the truly world class ones in my opinion), 1 of which we already have (De Gea) while the rest are just plain unattainable (the Ronaldos and Messis).

Also, we have signed a bunch of tier 2 players since Mourinho came in already, such as Lukaku, Pogba, Zlatan, mkhitaryan, Alexis to name a few. What has that got us? 2.5 trophies, 6th place and 2nd place. That may look easy on the eye, but for a club like United it just won’t do.

So now we are signing the tier 3 to 4 players such as Arnautovic and Fred and trying to turn them into tier 1 players, which to me seems like a decent plan. I like that we are signing young players who no one has ever heard of and trying to turn them into tier 1 players as well, such as Bailly (who has gone from a nobody to a tier 2 to 3 player in just 2 seasons) and Dalot.

Add our new transfer policy (maybe more young players would be nice) along with one marquee name every summer and if at least 75% of the summer signings are successes every summer, we could honestly be on course for another dynasty which could hopefully even match Sir Alex’s.

In conclusion, while I may be being very optimistic, I am truly speaking from the heart as well and honestly believe in every single point that I have made in this post.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
There is no way we will sign him for 50 million. Twenty, twenty-five perhaps, but not 50.

ZAGREB RED

£50M ? I seriously doubt anyone would pay that for him, nowhere near worth that figure.

TheFlagStaysDown

Supports
Shamrock rovers
I also think he would do well in a better team like ours as a backup striker. He could surprise few... but 50m is a bit too much for player of his age and ability, just realised he will turn 30 soon, I thought hes like 26/27, player who we would struggle to resell in three years playing limited gametime, dont think we would invest that, but hey they can have fellaini!

RepardReece

This is going to be a long summer isn't it. Who's next, Messi? But yeah if these links are in any form true, I hope to god it doesn't go through, how would he help us challenge for the title, just get Bale on the RW.

ijc

I don't know what all the hype about him is, I was never a fan. Wouldn't really look forward to this, and would rather spend the £50m on someone to bolster our full back positions rather than up front. Imagine the media circus regarding Rashford and Martial if another attacking mid/forward joins.

Gordon S

Wouldn´t be too surprised if Jose wanted an experienced backup to Lukaku. But there is no chance we´re paying that kind of money.
Who´s next in line? Shane Long? Andy Carrol?

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
Would make more sense to release Felliani, let Everton sign him, then buy him back from them for £35m plus Martial instead of buying Arnautovic.

Infra-red

Would go down in history as among the worst transfers of all time. Thankfully, there's no chance of it happening.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
It is rumored he will join Man City for £75M. We will find out soon.
I don't want him to go there, tbh. Would absolutely love him at Arsenal more than in City as he could make City too diverse and too unpredictable in their attacking options even more.

Knowing their owners, they'll probably splash the whole 75m on him, not even because the player is worth that much, it's because they can and they don't give one.

Status
Not open for further replies.