Marnick Vermijl

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner
If he is decent at left back then Evra can look forward to some much needed games off next season. Fabio should be quality next season too but seems to be injury prone! Maybe Fergie is worried about this or that he might be lightweight.
Now all we need is Lukaku and Defour in the summer! Not sure if Defour would be strong enough to cut it in the PL though!
You forgot about O'Shea Didn't you?

SecondFig

If he is decent at left back then Evra can look forward to some much needed games off next season. Fabio should be quality next season too but seems to be injury prone! Maybe Fergie is worried about this or that he might be lightweight.
Now all we need is Lukaku and Defour in the summer! Not sure if Defour would be strong enough to cut it in the PL though!
If we have nicked him, leading to Liege banning him from training, that could harm any chances of us signing other players from them - they're not going to be happy with us are they.

King_Eric

According to some Standard supporters, Vermijl was already at Old Trafford last summer for a try-out, together with a friend of his from the Standard academy, Alexander Maes.
He says United are trying to have this Maes guy (a number 10 type player who seems to score quite easily) join them as well.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
He says United are trying to have this Maes guy (a number 10 type player who seems to score quite easily) join them as well.
The next Diouf and the next De Laet.....:drool:

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner
Looks like Neville will not be getting a contract extension after all.
Why would you think that us signing a completely in-experienced youngster would have anything to do with our Club captain and our most experienced RB?

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Football365 | All The News | Football News | BELGIAN YOUNGSTER TO JOIN MAN UNITED

Manchester United have completed a deal to sign Belgian starlet Marnick Vermijl, according to the player's father.

The 18-year-old is understood to have impressed both Sir Alex Ferguson and reserve-team boss Ole Gunner Solskjaer during trials.

United have now handed Vermijl a three-year contract with his current club Standard Liege getting around €300,000 in compensation.

Wing-back Vermijl, who can play on either side, will move to Old Trafford in the summer.

"They said he was the best right or left-back they had seen in years," Vemijl's father Dirk told Het Laatste Nieuws.

"Ferguson told me that Marnick in the following years would become a fixture in the Manchester United squad."
Doesn't sound like Fergie to get a kid's hopes up by guaranteeing he'll make it.

lysglimt

Scout
Can anyone confirm that this belgian guy will play for us next season ?

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
We don't always "confirm" these signings. We'll just have to wait and see I guess.

MDFC Manager

I have him on facebook... And by the looks of things, he does seem to have joined United

datura

kinda surprised about Devlin - don't rate him much.
He was excellent last season and improved a lot after looking vulnerable early on. He's a great shot stopper, good distribution and starting to command his area better. He looks a very good prospect and fully deserves his contract.

If anything, the surprise is Cofie who was been rather underwhelming, although he improved in the last few games of the season.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Hes prone to madness I'll give you that but he does alot of things well and is only young. Other keepers have been given contracts with less raw ability over the years.

Cofie hasnt impresssed too much to be honest.
Surprised that Cofie hasnt played that well. I didnt see him much, but he got fantastic reviews before he joined United, didnt he?

jb8521

Have heard he might be making his debut tonight in the reserve teams friendly

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
How did I completely miss this? Just saw it on the SSN transfer thing.

Scholesy

On the bench for the reserves tonight.

And also, Neville, Dudgeon and Fabio all starting. I wonder if Fabio is playing in midfield?

Can one of the mods tell me if I will ever be unbanned from the reserves forum? I will not mention Kiko.

BAMSOLA

Has issues!
Supports
A Crack Habit.
IMO you should only be unbanned if you agree not to mention him ever again, not just in the reserves forum and if you agree not to mention any of your "theories" on technique ever again.

Just my thoughts.

samabachan

Football is about glory, it is about doing things
IMO you should only be unbanned if you agree not to mention him ever again, not just in the reserves forum and if you agree not to mention any of your "theories" on technique ever again.

Just my thoughts.
No chance. The reserves forum is the last haven of sense and intelligence on the caf (which isn't really saying much, but still) and his sort of idiot are certainly not welcome there.