Marotta to leave Juve. Should we approach him to be our DOF?

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
https://www.blackwhitereadallover.c...ve-juventus-in-october-2018-serie-a-team-news

Steps down as Juve's CEO after 8 years which saw them go from 7th in Serie A and a laughing stock, to winning it so many times in a row it actually became boring for all involved. To rebuild that team in the aftermath of Calciopoli with shrewd transfer business that made them arguably the best run club in Europe was no mean feat.

Should we be sounding him out as a possible director of football?

Brophs

The One and Only
I’m sure I’ll regret asking this but...why would we offer a CEO a job as Director of Football?

deafepl

From what I read, Juve fans said he is so similar to our CEO, he is really good on the commercial. He didn't get involved in football matter much, their DoF handle it.

enigmista

Supports
Juventus
From what I read, Juve fans said he is so similar to our CEO, he is really good on the commercial. He didn't get involved in football matter much, their DoF handle it.
Marotta was involved mostly in football matters. Juventus has had in the last 7 years a double CEO administration, Marotta and Mazzia. Mazzia was the Financial/Commercial manager and Marotta was the General Director of Football.

Paratici (Sport Director) and his scouting team made the reports but the final decisions were almost always taken by Marotta as well as actual negotiations. I say almost because that changed this summer.

As a Juventus supporter I am most grateful to Marotta. He brought us back to dominating Italian football and challenging in Europe and did so with little to no means.

Pirlo, Pogba, Llorente, Khedira, Barzagli, Can, Koman, Alves, Evra. All these guys came to Turin as free transfers under Marotta's administration.

Godfather

Marotta was involved mostly in football matters. Juventus has had in the last 7 years a double CEO administration, Marotta and Mazzia. Mazzia was the Financial/Commercial manager and Marotta was the General Director of Football.

Paratici (Sport Director) and his scouting team made the reports but the final decisions were almost always taken by Marotta as well as actual negotiations. I say almost because that changed this summer.

As a Juventus supporter I am most grateful to Marotta. He brought us back to dominating Italian football and challenging in Europe and did so with little to no means.

Pirlo, Pogba, Llorente, Khedira, Barzagli, Can, Koman, Alves, Evra. All these guys came to Turin as free transfers under Marotta's administration.
So he would be a very good choice for us. Won't happen then.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Juve have been the best run club in the world during his time there. United could use someone like that

el3mel

Well, we have Woodward running the football business, so who the hell would say no to someone like Marotta ? It's a no brainer.

But as I said yesterday I think Ed wants full power on everything and won't let it slip from his hands.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
No. He's a CEO, like Woodward. If we want a DOF, we should actually hire one, not a CEO.
Hes actually more a DOF than what we deem to be a CEO thats the point. He didn't handle the commercials really at Juve, he was in charge of the footballing side.

el3mel

“It is a situation the club wanted and I have to adapt to their desires and ideas, out of my love for both the people and of Juventus itself,” Marotta told Rai 2 show 90 Minuto.

“I think it’s a bit much to say I was kicked out. I simply have to follow the company line. I am a company man, I understand and therefore it is only right that other people step forward. I am sure that I have given 100 per cent over these years of great success. I hope those who replace me do the same.

“It is painful, because the world of work and of sport are made up of sentiments. In these eight or nine years, I have fortunately experienced so many wonderful emotions.

“I believe that I accompanied President Agnelli on this journey and now he is able to be a protagonist in this sport at both national and international level.

“Juve represent one of the most unforgettable pages in the book of my life. The best memory was in Trieste, when we won the first Scudetto of the Agnelli era with Antonio Conte on the bench. It was such a strong feeling and so unpredictable, as with hard work and dedication, we wiped out the gap from the top clubs in one year.”
It looks like Juve were the one who told him to leave ?!

Kapardin

Its' something we have been crying out for, along with Jose getting sacked this week, so knowing Ed, neither will happen.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Zidane, and Moratta from Juve could be quite lucrative.
Like said in this thread Marotta isn't a DOF, his job is basically Woodward's and Arnold's jobs combined, he replaced Jean Claude Blanc who was in theory in charge of pretty much everything as a CEO-general director. Blanc was poached by PSG who needed to bring someone that everyone in football respected and he joined as COO, these are pure management-finance men, their talent is that they have large networks that allow them to have access to the best football people, they are the tier above DOFs.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Mixed ideas on what his role is then. Putting 2 and 2 together, sounds like he was the one running the team that does the football side. He'd likely be useful here in that case.

RikRuud

Like said in this thread Marotta isn't a DOF, his job is basically Woodward's and Arnold's jobs combined, he replaced Jean Claude Blanc who was in theory in charge of pretty much everything as a CEO-general director. Blanc was poached by P
Mixed ideas on what his role is then. Putting 2 and 2 together, sounds like he was the one running the team that does the football side. He'd likely be useful here in that case.
Yeah he is reposnsible for identifying and signing players along with some other staff. He's also the CEO. He seems to have fallen out with Juve's president Agnelli. Hed be a much better option than some but i think its unlikely

JPRouve

Scout
Yeah he is reposnsible for identifying and signing players along with some other staff. He's also the CEO. He seems to have fallen out with Juve's president Agnelli. Hed be a much better option than some but i think its unlikely
No, Paratici is responsible for identifying and signing players, Marotta is his boss. If we were to sign Marotta in thesame capacities we would need a DOF and Woodward out or with next to no responsibilities other than oversight.

JPRouve

Scout
If he's so good why does he gets the sacked? From the thread he looks like he's being moved on against his will.
He isn't sacked, his contract ends in October. The Chairman apparently wants to bring someone younger.

klsv

We should which means we won't.
Its' something we have been crying out for, along with Jose getting sacked this week, so knowing Ed, neither will happen.
feck me, the fourth post in this thread already said that Marotta was basically Juve's Woodward not a director of football but that won't stop anyone finding reason to have a dig :lol:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Don't think we'll be going for a new CF for a while with Lukaku here. Problem is that Lukaku lies in the space between being good and being brilliant/one of the best.