Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Media? Social media? Even now there is a youtube channel called Full Time Devils to help this one out. Didn't we already boo the whole team and manager before this season right? So the fans have been delivered the message to the club in an appropriate manner but all of sudden the fans against WHU yesterday are being unfair for booing a single player only instead of the whole team which most of the players played poor.
I wouldn't boo to just Fellaini. If I was a match going fan Id probably organize a protest. Something like this would be nice for starters since it would basically summarise what I think of the current players, our manager and their performance.

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2005/04/juventusfansPA060504_450x310.jpg

The fans can increase the pressure by not turning up to the game (imagine an empty OT, that would go well with the sponsors wouldn't they?) or put banners similar to what happens in Italy

There again, I cant be arsed paying a season ticket to watch this crap, so who am I to judge watch match going fans do? Are you a season ticket holder?

Last edited:

Mike09

I wouldn't boo to just Fellaini. If I was a match going fan Id probably organize a protest. Something like this would be nice for starters

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/05/29/11/0260B7C00000044D-3102282-image-a-62_1432896173397.jpg

There again, I cant be arsed paying a season ticket to watch this crap, so who am I to judge watch match going fans do? Are you a season ticket holder?
I'm not and you did say you sit on comfortable coach well I guess the reason is as what you said you can't be arsed paying a season ticket to watch this crap. But like what I said before the fans have been booing the team and the manager so many times this season it's a reasonable because we have been playing crap and fans don't wanna watch this crap football but all of sudden after booing the whole team and manager what the fans did against West Ham is booing a single player only when the crap football isn't caused by just a single player.

Dobbs

So basically the fans are there to pay the players, manager's salaries and clap irrespective of the circumstances. A bit like cash cows. I wonder whether we've got a section called Manchester Youths were kids are forced to wear black shirts and trousers.
You're a fan. You're there to watch, enjoy, don't enjoy, cheer, shout. You're not part of a trade union with a say in the decision making.

You answered my question with a question but again do you think shouting boo will alter LvG's team selection?

devilish

I'm not and you did say you sit on comfortable coach well I guess the reason is as what you said you can't be arsed paying a season ticket to watch this crap. But like what I said before the fans have been booing the team and the manager so many times this season it's a reasonable because we have been playing crap and fans don't wanna watch this crap football but all of sudden after booing the whole team and manager what the fans did against West Ham is booing a single player only when the crap football isn't caused by just a single player.
And as said that's something I don't like. However I find it hard to criticize match going fans

a- because they actually spent money and spoiled a day to watch these pampered idiots play
b- because during matches you can observe things that people on tv cant

b may sound patronising but I assure you its not. For example I never really rated Ji Sung Park until I watched 3-4 United matches. The amount of dirty work he did was amazing. He would chase the ball relentlessly throughout the entire game. That demands respect. I also learnt why fans hated Nani so much. The boy was brilliant but Jeez he was lazy. Unless the ball falls perfectly at his feet he wouldn't even bother. These sort of things tend not to be picked up on TV.

devilish

You're a fan. You're there to watch, enjoy, don't enjoy, cheer, shout. You're not part of a trade union with a say in the decision making.

You answered my question with a question but again do you think shouting boo will alter LvG's team selection?

I have friends of mine who support teams whose team got busted (1 Nottingham fan, 1 Leeds fan and a couple of Juventus/Parma fans). I assure you that when shit hits fans most of the employees would flee the sinking ship. Players and managers would push for a transfer and the money people will cut the losses. The only people remaining are the fans. They are the ones who will take the abuse and would contribute, sometimes from their own pockets, just to keep the ship floating. So lets treat fans with a bit more respect rather then just expect them to be pathetic drones/cash cows who have to support these mercenaries no questions asked

To answer your question the answer is yes. The fans are the ones who finance the club either directly or indirectly and I've seen fans forcing the club in sacking players and managers. It would be interesting to see Woody convincing the sponsors that we're the biggest club in the world if one day our fans decide not to attend to matches

Dobbs

I have friends of mine who support teams whose team got busted (1 Nottingham fan, 1 Leeds fan and a couple of Juventus/Parma fans). I assure you that when shit hits fans most of the employees would flee the sinking ship. Players and managers would push for a transfer and the money people will cut the losses. The only people remaining are the fans. They are the ones who will take the abuse and would contribute, sometimes from their own pockets, just to keep the ship floating. So lets treat fans with a bit more respect rather then just expect them to be pathetic drones/cash cows who have to support these mercenaries no questions asked

To answer your question the answer is yes. The fans are the ones who finance the club either directly or indirectly and I've seen fans forcing the club in sacking players and managers. It would be interesting to see Woody convincing the sponsors that we're the biggest club in the world if one day our fans decide not to attend to matches
If you think booing Fellaini will convince LvG to drop him I think you misunderstand managers and in particular LvG. We don't have to guess at this. The fans have done this before with Fellaini and he still gets picked.

stevoc

He had a good season last season to be fair. 1st and 3rd season a lot of players are playing bad. To be honest I haven't been impressed with Mata and Fellaini as well in these last three years.

Schneiderlin should in his prime age now. Potential or no, the point is your performance. Nani has more potential than Park but Park had a better career than Nani. Schneiderlin, Memphis and Fellaini and also the most our players have been poor this season. So Fellaini shouldn't be the only scapegoat.
But he's not a scapegoat mate plenty of other player are getting flack also, and trust me i know because i hate it when players have been singled out on here in the past.

He is just not good enough nor suited in any way to a team like ours, simple as that.

The comparison to players like Schneiderlin holds no water for reasons stated above. Morgan is a younger player in his first season at the club, he will get better and be able to play in a passing side and not look out of place. The same cannot be said for Fellaini.

devilish

If you think booing Fellaini will convince LvG to drop him I think you misunderstand managers and in particular LvG. We don't have to guess at this. The fans have done this before with Fellaini and he still gets picked.
Booing is just starters. Id say that its time for United supporters to step up and be counted. They have been accepting this shit for far too long

And Im not referring to just Fellaini. He's just part of a much bigger problem. Its about fecking time that the club stopping talking about being the biggest club in the world and start acting like one

Mike09

But he's not a scapegoat mate plenty of other player are getting flack also, and trust me i know because i hate it when players have been singled out on here in the past.

He is just not good enough nor suited in any way to a team like ours, simple as that.

The comparison to players like Schneiderlin holds no water for reasons stated above. Morgan is a younger player in his first season at the club, he will get better and be able to play in a passing side and not look out of place. The same cannot be said for Fellaini.
Yea but he was being a scapegoat against WHU. He wasn't the only one played poor at that game.

stevoc

I don't even read your stats because I'm not the one who start with those stats all I did just back it up as you thought it was incorrect. From the start my point is players have poor this season not just Fellaini so Fellaini shouldn't be the only scapegoat. And booing your own player isn't a smart thing to do. I couldn't care less about stats or whatever. Too much discussion here and I don't wanna involve with something that too stretch from what I have been talking since yesterday.
Hold on mate lets be fair here you yourself posted some stats in Fellaini's favour that were off. You also replied to my post asking about his stats so you can't say you don't care about them once it becomes very clear that statistically we are shit whenever he starts.

If you truly didn't care about stats you wouldn't have entered into discussion with several people about them.

stevoc

If a player underperforms he gets subbed off. That's his "punishment" and that's what happened. If he continues to underperform he'll ultimately be sold. As a fan you have no role in that side of things.

Do you think shouting boo will have an impact on the manager and his decisions?
Yeah normally thats true mate but in the case of Fellaini he has been stinking the place up game after game and not being subbed.

Between that and him starting so many games that lead to us being overrun in midfield and rarely winning, it seems the fans have had enough and are letting the manager know their feelings.

Years ago Kieran Richardson kept getting appearances and the fans didn't like it, so they booed him. Ferguson himself has admitted that is the reason he stopped playing him and then sold him. We can all have our own opinions on whether booing your own players is acceptable or not.

But whats not debatable is it is a very effective way for the fans to let the manager know they no longer want to see something that is happening every week when they pay to watch their team play.

stevoc

Yea but he was being a scapegoat against WHU. He wasn't the only one played poor at that game.
But it doesn't matter that he wasn't the only one playing bad. It just doesn't mate, the booing was about more than one game.

The fans are sick of the sight of the guy, no one else in our side is:

A-Completely unsuited to playing the style of football United fans are used to.

B-Detrimental to the teams chances of winning on such a scale as Fellaini. Statistically proven to be as well.

C-Consistently over a 3 year period turning out poor performance after poor performance.

D-Despite playing like absolute dogshit continues to get picked over better actual midfielders and rarely ever gets subbed even when it's clear he offers us nothing. Because we start launching longs balls to him that rarely ever come off and lead to a goal.

Name one player not even in our current squad but in our history over the last 25 years who fits that criteria. Once you think about it you will see why the fans patience finally snapped and they let LVG know their feelings on Fellaini.

Mike09

Hold on mate lets be fair here you yourself posted some stats in Fellaini's favour that were off. You also replied to my post asking about his stats so you can't say you don't care about them once it becomes very clear that statistically we are shit whenever he starts.

If you truly didn't care about stats you wouldn't have entered into discussion with several people about them.
Mate!! Why don't you just read everything first before you start making things up here. Firstly, I posted Fellaini's stats because someone was replying my post using league games stats and it was an unfair stats so I was correcting the original poster. Second you are the one who has question or doubt whether the stats is right or no so I answered your doubt and told you to check them out so I don't really care anymore, after that it's your business if you wanna check them out or no, if I care I would have post the whole stats again to you or check the stats that you posted to me but since I don't wanna bother with it again so I didn't read it. And to be honest it shouldn't be called stats, stats should be more specific.

Mike09

But it doesn't matter that he wasn't the only one playing bad. It just doesn't mate, the booing was about more than one game.

The fans are sick of the sight of the guy, no one else in our side is:

A-Completely unsuited to playing the style of football United fans are used to.

B-Detrimental to the teams chances of winning on such a scale as Fellaini. Statistically proven to be as well.

C-Consistently over a 3 year period turning out poor performance after poor performance.

D-Despite playing like absolute dogshit continues to get picked over better actual midfielders and rarely ever gets subbed even when it's clear he offers us nothing. Because we start launching longs balls to him that rarely ever come off and lead to a goal.

Name one player not even in our current squad but in our history over the last 25 years who fits that criteria. Once you think about it you will see why the fans patience finally snapped and they let LVG know their feelings on Fellaini.
The fans is sick of the guy. Fair enough if fans is sick with a player but what the fans did against WHU was scapegoating a single player which is unfair. Booing him only because the fans is sick of him but not sick with other players who also have done poor this season including that WHU game.

stevoc

Mate!! Why don't you just read everything first before you start making things up here. Firstly, I posted Fellaini's stats because someone was replying my post using league games stats and it was an unfair stats so I was correcting the original poster. Second you are the one who has question or doubt whether the stats is right or no so I answered your doubt and told you to check them out so I don't really care anymore, after that it's your business if you wanna check them out or no, if I care I would have post the whole stats again to you or check the stats that you posted to me but since I don't wanna bother with it again so I didn't read it. And to be honest it shouldn't be called stats, stats should be more
specific.
Eh what did i make up exactly?

Listen mate you posted stats to defend Fellaini i didn't keep track of who started the stats conversation, then you replied to my post about where i was asking for his stats advising me to check his stats. Which i did.

But once i actually go to the trouble of finding them and posting them, and then those stats without out a shadow of a doubt proving that Fellaini is a negative influence on our performances and detrimental to the tams chance of winning.

After i do that now you don't care about stats, come one mate you can't use stats to defend a player and then say you don't care about them once they don't suit your argument.

stevoc

The fans is sick of the guy. Fair enough if fans is sick with a player but what the fans did against WHU was scapegoating a single player which is unfair. Booing him only because the fans is sick of him but not sick with other players who also have done poor this season including that WHU game.
Fecking hell mate did you even read my post?

It's not scapegoating, the booing was about way more than only one match. It's 3 years of frustration boiling over.

The majority of fans want him out and don't want to see him play anymore. This season is hard enough without having to watch Fellaini lumber about the pitch every week.

How else do you suggest the fans convey their feelings to the manager?

And please don't say bullshit like Social media or Mutv etc. Van Gaal likely doesn't keep track of either.

Mike09

And as said that's something I don't like. However I find it hard to criticize match going fans

a- because they actually spent money and spoiled a day to watch these pampered idiots play
b- because during matches you can observe things that people on tv cant

b may sound patronising but I assure you its not. For example I never really rated Ji Sung Park until I watched 3-4 United matches. The amount of dirty work he did was amazing. He would chase the ball relentlessly throughout the entire game. That demands respect. I also learnt why fans hated Nani so much. The boy was brilliant but Jeez he was lazy. Unless the ball falls perfectly at his feet he wouldn't even bother. These sort of things tend not to be picked up on TV.
You keep missing my point. Fans has been boo the whole team and manager this season and I understand that!! Do I need to say it again? I understand that because I am also sick with almost every single matches that I watched this season. But what I don't understand is in West Ham game how come the fans only boo one single player alone when clearly most of the players played poor and didn't give 100% in that game and if you are making an excuse of fans is sick with Fellaini's performance this season and to be fair some of the players in that West Ham game are also been poor this season.

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
Once again I read the mass hysterical abuse and then watch the replay and see just a normal run of the mill decent performance. Still not getting the whole "lets hurl abuse at him and boo him off the park because, funny" shtick. Speaking of the boo's, we have some utter troglodytes in the crowd embarrassing themselves with that shite.
:confused: Anyone else have to look this up? Typical frenchy, with your big and fancy words.

Mike09

Eh what did i make up exactly?

Listen mate you posted stats to defend Fellaini i didn't keep track of who started the stats conversation, then you replied to my post about where i was asking for his stats advising me to check his stats. Which i did.

But once i actually go to the trouble of finding them and posting them, and then those stats without out a shadow of a doubt proving that Fellaini is a negative influence on our performances and detrimental to the tams chance of winning.

After i do that now you don't care about stats, come one mate you can't use stats to defend a player and then say you don't care about them once they don't suit your argument.
I told you before I don't care about your stats!! And I told you before I didn't use a stats to defend Fellaini from the start!! How many times do I need to say this again someone else is using a stats to replied my post not me!!! but I found the stats is wrong and unfair so I correct his stats.
Isn't that's what I have been telling you that I don't read your stats because I don't care of your stat. Correcting his stats is what I wanted and I did it and it should be the ending of it as I don't wanna stretch my discussion here to something that I never wanna talk about because stats was never be my main point of discussion in here, all I did about the stat on this thread was correcting someone else stat and after that it's up to the original poster if he wanted to believe me or no and then you came asked or doubt about it so I told you it was correct and I said if you don't believe me check them out.

stevoc

I told you before I don't care about your stats!! And I told you before I didn't use a stats to defend Fellaini from the start!! How many times do I need to say this again someone else is using a stats to replied my post not me!!! but I found the stats is wrong and unfair so I correct his stats.
Isn't that's what I have been telling you that I don't read your stats because I don't care of your stat. Correcting his stats is what I wanted and I did it and it should be the ending of it as I don't wanna stretch my discussion here to something that I never wanna talk about because stats was never be my main point of discussion in here, all I did about the stat on this thread was correcting someone else stat and after that it's up to the original poster if he wanted to believe me or no and then you came asked or doubt about it so I told you it was correct and I said if you don't believe me check them out.
We're going round in circles here mate. The stats you posted yourself were actually incorrect were they not as another poster pointed out to you?

You use them to defend Fellaini and then say you don't care about them once they show we are actually a much worse team when he starts.

Ok whatever mate.

Dobbs

Yeah normally thats true mate but in the case of Fellaini he has been stinking the place up game after game and not being subbed.

Between that and him starting so many games that lead to us being overrun in midfield and rarely winning, it seems the fans have had enough and are letting the manager know their feelings.

Years ago Kieran Richardson kept getting appearances and the fans didn't like it, so they booed him. Ferguson himself has admitted that is the reason he stopped playing him and then sold him. We can all have our own opinions on whether booing your own players is acceptable or not.

But whats not debatable is it is a very effective way for the fans to let the manager know they no longer want to see something that is happening every week when they pay to watch their team play.
I think it's entirely debatable. To say it's very effective is a huge overstatement. What proof is there of its effectiveness?

I'd have to see that quote re Richardson. I don't remember him saying that and I just don't see SAF allowing the crowd to decide if a player makes it here or not.

Where do you draw the line though? There's a big group of supporters who've had enough of Rooney, myself included. Should we boo him? What about the group who can't be doing with Memphis, should they boo him? Those who don't rate Valencia, same for them? I could go on. Imagine the atmosphere.

On top of that I thought before his injury he warranted a spot in the side. Not because he was good but because he was marginally less worse than Schneiderlin and Herrera.

devilish

I think it's entirely debatable. To say it's very effective is a huge overstatement. What proof is there of its effectiveness?

I'd have to see that quote re Richardson. I don't remember him saying that and I just don't see SAF allowing the crowd to decide if a player makes it here or not.

Where do you draw the line though? There's a big group of supporters who've had enough of Rooney, myself included. Should we boo him? What about the group who can't be doing with Memphis, should they boo him? Those who don't rate Valencia, same for them? I could go on. Imagine the atmosphere.

On top of that I thought before his injury he warranted a spot in the side. Not because he was good but because he was marginally less worse than Schneiderlin and Herrera.
Id say we should allow supporters to express their opinion the way they want as long as its legal. Freedom of expression and all

And yeah we do have alot of shit players in the team. No wonder why we're in this sad state. Considering how rich this club is then maybe if we acted more like Real Madrid fans then the loyal cash cows we are then who knows we might have ended up with more Modrices, Bales and Ronaldos and with less Fellainis, Depays and Valencias.

Last edited:

Dobbs

Id say we should allow supporters to express their opinion the way they want as long as its legal. Freedom of expression and all

And yeah we do have alot of shit players in the team. No wonder why we're in this sad state. Considering how rich this club is then maybe if we acted more like Real Madrid fans then the loyal cash cows we are then who knows we might have ended up with more Modrices, Bales and Ronaldos and with less Fellainis, Depays and Valencias.
You want to be more like Madrid? A collection of big names with the manager getting sacked every year. That's what fan power gets you.

With regards your first paragraph I think we've already discussed that and it goes without saying. I'm criticising the action but obviously it should be allowed.

Mike09

We're going round in circles here mate. The stats you posted yourself were actually incorrect were they not as another poster pointed out to you?

You use them to defend Fellaini and then say you don't care about them once they show we are actually a much worse team when he starts.

Ok whatever mate.
Alright If I keep being honest myself saying I don't care this won't stop so I'll make you happy, I'll read it so we stop circle it around and let's make it clear here.

About my stats
So mind to tell me why the one I posted is incorrect?

About who's posting the stats first
let me ask you something who was the first one post a stats of with Fellaini and without Fellaini?
Was it me?
No it wasn't me!!
it was someone else use them to defend their opinion because he thinks with Fellaini we played better but I think without Fellaini and with Fellaini we played the same thing as a proof he was ignoring the games after Newcastle United games and including the game where he didn't even start the game and we already lost before he was on so what I did is I am correcting his poster.

About me defending or not defending Fellaini
Did I use them to defend Fellaini?
No! I was correcting his stats.
Did I defend Fellaini on this thread? No I always acknowledge that he's been poor this season but I am also being fair because he's not the only player that poor this season.

About your stats
Your stats seems to me have more games, while my stats based on league games because the original poster posted only league games so don't ask me why only league games but the original poster.

Your stats has no proof if it is correct or no, while my/his stats I/he gave the detail of the games and the score to show how many win, draw and lose.

Last edited:

devilish

You want to be more like Madrid? A collection of big names with the manager getting sacked every year. That's what fan power gets you.

With regards your first paragraph I think we've already discussed that and it goes without saying. I'm criticising the action but obviously it should be allowed.
Oh please god no. Im actually thrilled of having that big guy with funny hair whose absolutely useless with his feet and head (he's the Leo Messi in terms of chest and elbow play though) and that winger who was moved to RB because he can't dribble or cross anymore. Not to forget the new Duncan Edward, the one who spend most of his career either in the treatment room or headbutting the pitch. No one would want swap these talent with the likes of Ronaldo, Bale and Modric, wouldn't they? Hopefully next season we will also get rid of DDG and we replace him with someone more of our standards like lets say Foster or Butland. As a fan, there's nothing better to support the richest franchise in football with its world record number of sponsors than having that money spent on the pitch, to bring in the best managers and players. Who needs Laporte when we can play Mcnair. Who needs Ronaldo when you have Lingard and who needs Modric when you have Failini?

On a serious note, Id like to support a club who back their big phrases (biggest club in the world bla bla bla) on the pitch. We're not the biggest club in the world and haven't been so for quite some time. We're not even CL level FFS. And yes, the way this mighty club has fallen deserve a reaction from the fans. Possibly much worse then booing. If Senile and SAF's love child aren't sacked by next season and some seriously quality players/managers brought in then I honestly question the wisdom behind fans buying a season ticket.

Dobbs

Oh please god no. Im actually thrilled of having that big guy with funny hair whose absolutely useless with his feet and head (he's the Leo Messi in terms of chest and elbow play though) and that winger who was moved to RB because he can't dribble or cross anymore. Not to forget the new Duncan Edward, the one who spend most of his career either in the treatment room or headbutting the pitch. No one would want swap these talent with the likes of Ronaldo, Bale and Modric, wouldn't they? Hopefully next season we will also get rid of DDG and we replace him with someone more of our standards like lets say Foster or Butland. As a fan, there's nothing better to support the richest franchise in football with its world record number of sponsors than having that money spent on the pitch, to bring in the best managers and players. Who needs Laporte when we can play Mcnair. Who needs Ronaldo when you have Lingard and who needs Modric when you have Failini?

On a serious note, Id like to support a club who back their big phrases (biggest club in the world bla bla bla) on the pitch. We're not the biggest club in the world and haven't been so for quite some time. We're not even CL level FFS.
I'd say there's a middle ground between having Fellaini and being like Madrid.

stevoc

The example i just gave you about Richardson isn't conclusive proof but it gives us an idea that even the top managers will take note of things like a player being booed. I'm not saying that was entirely why he was sold either but after a few weeks when his name was booed at the start of and during games during the 2006-07 season he wasn't played anymore, and then sold. So make of that what you will.

Ferguson when speaking on why richardson was sold said part of the reason was the crowd were getting on his back and booing him and he personally didn't like that. It might have been in his book, i can't remember exactly where i read it.

I'm not even saying i agree with the booing of players in general but with Fellaini something had to be done. He's like a fish out of water out there, i think the boos were more directed at Van Gaal for continually playing him than Fellaini himself.

Neither Rooney being a long term servant or Depay a young kid only a few months into his first season in England are really comparable to Fellaini in my opinion. Both would be unlikely to be booed, but then i've been to OT when Giggs was booed so you never know.

devilish

The example i just gave you about Richardson isn't conclusive proof but it gives us an idea that even the top managers will take note of things like a player being booed. I'm not saying that was entirely why he was sold either but after a few weeks when his name was booed at the start of and during games during the 2006-07 season he wasn't played anymore, and then sold. So make of that what you will.

Ferguson when speaking on why richardson was sold said part of the reason was the crowd were getting on his back and booing him and he personally didn't like that. It might have been in his book, i can't remember exactly where i read it.

I'm not even saying i agree with the booing of players in general but with Fellaini something had to be done. He's like a fish out of water out there, i think the boos were more directed at Van Gaal for continually playing him than Fellaini himself.

Neither Rooney being a long term servant or Depay a young kid only a few months into his first season in England are really comparable to Fellaini in my opinion. Both would be unlikely to be booed, but then i've been to OT when Giggs was booed so you never know.
I think that Fellaini is being played because we've got very little choice. Lets face it, this team does sucks

stevoc

Alright If I keep being honest myself saying I don't care this won't stop so I'll make you happy, I'll read it so we stop circle it around and let's make it clear here.

About my stats
So mind to tell me why the one I posted is incorrect?
Well to be fair mate i asked you if they were incorrect i never said they were, another poster @Roboc7 pointed out to you that they were incorrect i have no idea if they were right. Seeing as you said you were correcting other peoples stats i just thought i'd offer you the chance to check your own stats. And correct them if they were wrong.

Now that i've had a look at what you posted, to be honest it doesn't make much sense. You seem to discount losses where he came on as a sub. Yet also discount losses where he was subbed off. Am i right?

If he started the game and we lost then he contributed to that loss. Saying a game should be counted as 0-0 or 1-0 because goals were conceded after he was subbed is a bit silly really.

About your stats
Your stats seems to me have more games, while my stats based on league games because the original poster posted only league games so don't ask me why only league games but the original poster.

Your stats has no proof if it is correct or no, while my/his stats I/he gave the detail of the games and the score to show how many win, draw and lose.
My stats were solely about the games Fellaini started including cup games which is why there is more games, to be honest it was nothing to do with your conversation with iKeano, i posted asking a general question and you replied to me and you seem to have gotten the impression i had entered your conversation with the other poster.

As for my stats having no proof, come on mate don't be ridiculous anyone can check them in 5 minutes. Heres a link to all our results this season click on each game for the starting line up.

http://www.stretfordend.co.uk/seasons/season2016.html

Heres the stats again, please check them if you like. Or don't i don't care anymore if i'm honest.

Games where Fellaini started:

P-17
W-6
D-5
L-6

Games where Fellaini did not start:

P-29
W-16
D-7
L-6

Our win ratio is 55% without Fellaini starting & 35% in games he starts. Which is pretty damning really, had he started all our league games this season we would most likely be in the bottom half of the table.

stevoc

I think that Fellaini is being played because we've got very little choice. Lets face it, this team does sucks
The squad has it's issues no doubt mate. But he has started games recently where Schweinsteiger, Carrick, Herrera and Schneiderlin have been on the bench at different times. All are superior midfielders.

The fact he keeps getting picked essentially in a position he is unsuited for in a team who plays passing football utterly baffles me. To compound this we are often chasing a game because he has started and yet he is kept on so we can hoof the ball up to him in the hope he can do something which he rarely ever does. It's madness.

devilish

The squad has it's issues no doubt mate. But he has started games recently where Schweinsteiger, Carrick, Herrera and Schneiderlin have been on the bench at different times. All are superior midfielders.

The fact he keeps getting picked essentially in a position he is unsuited for in a team who plays passing football utterly baffles me. To compound this we are often chasing a game because he has started and yet he is kept on so we can hoof the ball up to him in the hope he can do something which he rarely ever does. It's madness.
Bastian had been injured and is on the wane, Carrick is finished, Herrera and Schneiderlin will need to be rested at one point. LVG's philosophy sucks, there's no doubt about that. However in his circumstances I cant blame him for trying different options. We're really playing pathetically

What I find fascinating is the fact that LVG has yet to play youths there. Surely there must be someone capable of passing the ball straight in the youth academy who would be an upgrade over Failini

Dobbs

The Richardson thing does all seem a bit tenuous. It was one example over 10 years ago, you're not sure if it directly led to him being sold, not sure what the SAF quote was. You can see why I questioned your claim that booing is so effective it's beyond debate.

The problem I think is that you're right about Rooney and Depay but will everybody else see it that way? We disagree on Fellaini, I think he at least competes properly unlike some others so shouldn't be subjected to boos. In the same way I think others will disagree with us about Rooney and Depay. So they'll be getting a chorus of boos as well.

It'd just be a really cheap, crappy way of going about things. We'd be Madrid.

devilish

The Richardson thing does all seem a bit tenuous. It was one example over 10 years ago, you're not sure if it directly led to him being sold, not sure what the SAF quote was. You can see why I questioned your claim that booing is so effective it's beyond debate.

The problem I think is that you're right about Rooney and Depay but will everybody else see it that way? We disagree on Fellaini, I think he at least competes properly unlike some others so shouldn't be subjected to boos. In the same way I think others will disagree with us about Rooney and Depay. So they'll be getting a chorus of boos as well.

Jeez at a club like United you do not 'compete properly' but you compete efficiently. Also this obsession with hardwork is lame. Players play in different roles and therefore need different qualities.

Dobbs

Before his latest injury he warranted a spot.

Schneiderlin started hiding in games(which I think I such worse than anything Fellaini has done) and Herrera's passing was so sloppy that he couldn't complain about being dropped.

Fellaini was at least doing the simple stuff correctly.

Carrick gets away with it for me. Easily the most talented midfielder and at his age I'm not expecting great things. His performances though are so limp. His whole demeanor during the pre KO captaincy stuff is borderline embarrassing.

Dobbs

Jeez at a club like United you do not 'compete properly' but you compete efficiently. Also this obsession with hardwork is lame. Players play in different roles and therefore need different qualities.
You do seem to swing between extremes.

"We're currently poor so let's be more like Madrid."

Now me mentioning hardwork is an "obsession."

It's not an obsession but a universally accepted fact that working hard on a football pitch gives you a big advantage. The great managers of the game have reiterated this throughout the decades. It's also very, very, obvious.

stevoc

Bastian had been injured and is on the wane, Carrick is finished, Herrera and Schneiderlin will need to be rested at one point. LVG's philosophy sucks, there's no doubt about that. However in his circumstances I cant blame him for trying different options. We're really playing pathetically

What I find fascinating is the fact that LVG has yet to play youths there. Surely there must be someone capable of passing the ball straight in the youth academy who would be an upgrade over Failini
I wouldn't disagree with any of that but even so all three are still better option at CM than Fellaini.

Pereira can play CM i would imagine but LVG doesn't seem to fancy him as a player at all. I'm surprised he hasn't had more minutes with all the injuries we have had.

devilish

You do seem to swing between extremes.

"We're currently poor so let's be more like Madrid."

Now me mentioning hardwork is an "obsession."

It's not an obsession but a universally accepted fact that working hard on a football pitch gives you a big advantage. The great managers of the game have reiterated this throughout the decades. It's also very, very, obvious.
If not backed by anything else its pretty useless at this level (think of Robbie Savage) and if the player lack pace then it might as well be damaging to the player as he might and probably will resort to other non conventional things (late tackles, shoving players around, elbowing players) to stop the faster players (think of Gary Neville, Fabio Baresi and Rino Gattuso at the end of their career). Does that ring a bell for you?

stevoc

Yeah it may be a bit tenuous mate i won't deny that, if you choose not to believe it fair enough i don't blame you. I don't know where i read it so i can't post a link to it. I also said i don't know how much it actually influenced him getting sold. He was probably going to get sold anyway.

But it would be naive to think when a player gets booed at United that managers don't take notice. United fans rarely boo their own players.

I didn't like to see Fellaini get booed as i don't hate the guy. But like the majority of the regulars i am sick of having to watch him play if i'm honest. So i'm not going to criticize match goers for how they chose to let Van Gaal know how they feel about Fellaini.

Status
Not open for further replies.