Martial agent looking for a new club for him

Wilt

That would be a bargain really.

Realistically anything above 30M for current Martial would be awesome.
My thoughts too. Anyone offering £30m for Martial ….we should snap their hands off.

Dante

Average bang
Tony Martial came from France
The English press said he had no chance
50 million down the drain

Eddy_JukeZ

Joel Glazer is a muppet for being a massive fan of his and subsequently leading to Woodward giving him massive wages.

dinostar77

Joel Glazer is a muppet for being a massive fan of his and subsequently leading to Woodward giving him massive wages.
We sold Lukaku whonhas gone to chelsea for £97mil and will potentially lead them to a PL title and we kept Martial. Ole will regret this decision eventually.

Eddy_JukeZ

We sold Lukaku whonhas gone to chelsea for £97mil and will potentially lead them to a PL title and we kept Martial. Ole will regret this decision eventually.
The decision to sell Lukaku was the right one.

But Martial never should have been given the wages he has. Once Cavani/Rashford are both fit, he'll ride the pine all season and deservedly so.

Judas

Open to offers
That version of Lukaku was never winning us a title though? Are you conveniently forgetting how overweight, mentally unhealthy and just what a bad fit he was? It was the right thing to sell him. So bizarre how people are desperate to rewrite history.

VivaRonaldo85

I’ve never seen a player look more ready for Serie A or Ligue 1 than this fella now. Sauntering around to the exit door next summer. A more ruthless club would have cashed in and got rid this summer after a couple of seasons of slow decline.

Tyrion

By counting the attacking players we have? Left - Sancho, James, Pogba and even Lingard. Right Sancho, Greenwood, James and even Mata. Strike Cavani, Greenwood who needs games to develop. And, we should be able to cope with that group of players until the end of year when Rashford will be back. Next season? Well, we will have a new striker.

Those are senior players. We still have a few youth players who can play in some cup games to let senior players rest.
Not double counting players leaves us with:

LW: Pogba, Lingard
RW: Sancho, James, Mata
ST: Cavani, Greenwood

Without Rashford, it doesn't look that good imo. I wouldn't count James as a senior player, Mata seems past it and Lingard has never been that reliable here. We have four good forwards without Rashford and Martial and one of them is a midfielder.

Edit: That said, I think we should get rid of Martial eventually. He's not good enough. I just don't think we have the depth right now.

MadMike

That version of Lukaku was never winning us a title though? Are you conveniently forgetting how overweight, mentally unhealthy and just what a bad fit he was? It was the right thing to sell him. So bizarre how people are desperate to rewrite history.
All of that is true but then the question is why couldn't we (meaning Ole I guess) do what Conte did for him in just1 season in Italy? Why couldn't we persevere and get the best out of him?

Also, in hindsight, it's a bit bizarre giving up on Lukaku and persevering with Martial. Given that Lukaku was a player with one of the best goal per games ratio in the history of the league (he's currently the 20th highest all time scorer in the league).

I think the fact Inter came in for him with big money was probably a deciding factor, but still.

eire-red

Sell Martial and Lingard to fund an addition in midfield, seems like a no-brainer to me. The addition of Sancho, the return of Cavani and Rashford and I really believe Amad will have a semi-breakout year too.

Hard to see a place in the squad for these guys. Could sell James too and we'd really not see any difference really.

Eddy_JukeZ

All of that is true but then the question is why couldn't we (meaning Ole I guess) do what Conte did for him in just1 season in Italy? Why couldn't we persevere and get the best out of him?

Also, in hindsight, it's a bit bizarre giving up on Lukaku and persevering with Martial. Given that Lukaku was a player with one of the best goal per games ratio in the history of the league (he's currently the 20th highest all time scorer in the league).

I think the fact Inter came in for him with big money was probably a deciding factor, but still.
Lukaku wanted to leave.

He didn't want to stay.

“Ole wanted me to stay, but I told him I was over. I didn’t have the energy. All credit to him because he’s been a man and he helped me make the move away.”

Lukaku thought about leaving the club after we lost to Real Madrid in the Super Cup. He couldn't handle being criticized that game despite scoring and thought about how it'd feel to leave the club in the future.

Good riddance. We don't need a player like that.

Ludens the Red

Ole didn’t instigate that to be fair. Based on Lukakus comments since, he was very much the one who orchestrated a move away. Also he was an abomination that second season.

dinostar77

Ludens the Red

“Once I learned that [Ole Gunnar] Solskjaer planned to put me on the wing, then I knew my time at Manchester United was over.”

Lukaku as quoted by independent newspaper.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...le-gunnar-solskjaer-inter-milan-a9214916.html
Basically proves my point, all this is, is him trying to blame Ole for him wanting out. I’m not sure how Ole rotating him within our front three meant he was doomed to the flanks. Lukaku played up front in Paris iirc.

In truth United were too big for Lukaku and he couldn’t hack it here. Every comment he makes proves that. Chelsea suits him. He’ll do well there. But this one isn’t on Ole. There’s endless quotes of him saying “I wanted to leave man united”. I’m not sure how much clear it needs to be.

KingCavani

The amount of chances this guy is given shows how our standards have fallen. The fact that we gave him £200k a week when he’s never put a consistent season together is disgraceful.

Our fans always buy into his periods of form, doing the same with Pogba now and there’s people who’d pay him half a million a week to keep him round. So reactionary.

Mourinho was right about Martial and he should have been shipped off then. Now he’s just another example of a player we’ve made difficult to offload because they’re on higher wages than any other club would he willing to pay. Shambles.

Hughie77

I think hes had enough time at OT, hes levelled out now as a player , theres no more improvement in him, should sell him swap him, do anything he has to go

He's got no chance now. Ronaldo will play every game he's fit for, which will be most of them. Martial can go out left whilst Rashford is out but after that it's hard to see a way into the team for him. He's 25 and let's face it, still an extremely good footballer, he should be wanting to play every week somewhere.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
He's got no chance now. Ronaldo will play every game he's fit for, which will be most of them. Martial can go out left whilst Rashford is out but after that it's hard to see a way into the team for him. He's 25 and let's face it, still an extremely good footballer, he should be wanting to play every week somewhere.
I suspect that's where Pogba will play as he's been pretty brilliant in the two games so far. And if not, maybe Ronnie as a roaming attacker, with Mason/Cavani up top. Sancho also plays on the left...

bosskeano

if ronaldo really comes in then we absolutely should sell martial and use that money to buy a midfielder. martial is superplus to requirements plus he's shit anyway

I suspect that's where Pogba will play as he's been pretty brilliant in the two games so far. And if not, maybe Ronnie as a roaming attacker, with Mason/Cavani up top. Sancho also plays on the left...
I hate the idea of us playing Sancho on the left. We signed him as a right sided player so let's not prat about with our already stacked left side. Get him used to the right as soon as possible.

Ronaldo will go where he wants, which will pretty much be anywhere within a 5 foot radius of the penalty spot.

buchansleftleg

Sell him to anyone now - having a second player over 30 show him up for effort will knock off any residual value he has left. Lingard at least offers effort. we are one player away from a genuine title challenge. Get a DM and we are there!

Martial could at least repay our unwarranted faith in him by getting us the cash to sort out that position before he toddles off!

OleBoiii

This must be the end for him.

Unless we have injuries, he's hardly gonna play a minute in the PL or CL.

crossy1686

career ending
We'd be mad to keep him now and he'd be mad to stay. Surely a loan or something this week? I'd be surprised if he even got a kick on Sunday to be honest, and that's without Ronaldo in the team