Martial contract thread | Romano: Club confident Martial will sign fresh terms

MJJ

Ermm what does it matter that i put him for Juventus when he was sold just like Di Maria and Ozil by Madrid?

And your comment about Madrid replacing these players just shows where you are at (massively overratting Martial).

Martial is very easily replaced, there are countless players better than him. The problem is that no one wants to pay a big fee for him so we have to lose money on him or renew his contract.

Douglas Costa said himself that he does not have any problems with Ancelotti. I have no idea how you managed to make coman look like it supported your point, Juventus sold him to Bayern despite him being a good talent.
You listed him as a player juventus had let go, why would I be explaining the circumstances of his madrid departure when you are talking about his juve departure?

Please list those players, coman's performance at bayern have shown that juve were wrong to sell him.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
You listed him as a player juventus had let go, why would I be explaining the circumstances of his madrid departure when you are talking about his juve departure?

Please list those players, coman's performance at bayern have shown that juve were wrong to sell him.
Ah yeah i listed him as Juventus so his time at madrid goes into a black hole and ceases to exist. Higuain can be added to the list for both teams.

Your point about it being wrong to sell coman is completely wrong since football is a team game and the teams performance is what matters. Coman was sold and Juventus didnt implode just because Coman turned into a good player. That is because he was well replaced.

Martial is not a player you keep at all costs. Countless better players have been replaced. Selling him and not replacing is idiotic and no top team should do that, selling him and replacing him with a better player is a reasonable choice. Keeping him and forcing him to not throw a strop due to a relationship or disagreememt with the manager is also reasonable.

MJJ

Ah yeah i listed him as Juventus so his time at madrid goes into a black hole and ceases to exist. Higuain can be added to the list for both teams.

Your point about it being wrong to sell coman is completely wrong since football is a team game and the teams performance is what matters. Coman was sold and Juventus didnt implode just because Coman turned into a good player. That is because he was well replaced.

Martial is not a player you keep at all costs. Countless better players have been replaced. Selling him and not replacing is idiotic and no top team should do that, selling him and replacing him with a better player is a reasonable choice. Keeping him and forcing him to not throw a strop due to a relationship or disagreememt with the manager is also reasonable.
Still waiting for the list of players better than him btw.

He was sold for madrid cos they play a one striker system and his replacement was a glatico.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Still waiting for the list of players better than him btw.

He was sold for madrid cos they play a one striker system and his replacement was a glatico.
You have got to be a WUM, youve discounted countless players for reasons such as 'wanted a shiny new toy'.

And then said you are still waiting for better players. Mesut Ozil at 25 is several levels above Martial ever was.

Chelsea just sold Thibaut Courtois at 26, one of the best keepers in the world with several years left in him. They also sold Juan Mata at 26 coming off a season where he scored 20 goals!

Remember that lad Coutinho? Liverpool sold him and are now looking a much better team because shock horror they used that money to strengthen their weak areas! Coutinho is miles better than Martial and was sold at 25.

edit: your reasom for selling Higuain applies to Martial aswell. He doesnt fit the system but thats not enough for this case apparently.

MJJ

You have got to be a WUM, youve discounted countless players for reasons such as 'wanted a shiny new toy'.

And then said you are still waiting for better players. Mesut Ozil at 25 is several levels above Martial ever was.

Chelsea just sold Thibaut Courtois at 26, one of the best keepers in the world with several years left in him. They also sold Juan Mata at 26 coming off a season where he scored 20 goals!

Remember that lad Coutinho? Liverpool sold him and are now looking a much better team because shock horror they used that money to strengthen their weak areas! Coutinho is miles better than Martial and was sold at 25.

edit: your reasom for selling Higuain applies to Martial aswell. He doesnt fit the system but thats not enough for this case apparently.
Sorry are we replacing marial with a 25 year old ozil, a 26 year old courtois and a 26 year old mata? I would rather go back and buy pele,maradona,etc if we have a time machine.

Martial is very easily replaced, there are countless players better than him. The problem is that no one wants to pay a big fee for him so we have to lose money on him or renew his contract.

Mainoldo

Yet all of those players bar Courtois would look pathetic in this team. So we don’t really fix the solution. Except for your Fellaini and Lukaku type players (workmen) I don’t see how we replace Martial and go up in quality. Either way we will have a new manager by next season so we will see how he wants the team to pan out.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Sorry are we replacing marial with a 25 year old ozil, a 26 year old courtois and a 26 year old mata? I would rather go back and buy pele,maradona,etc if we have a time machine.
The original point was that top teams have sold better players and you discounted those because 'reasons'. You've also gone onto do the classic Pele and Maradona throwback whenever discussing past players as if thats at all comparable. Im sure there is no reason to sell Martial right, he's been one of the best players in the league and is playing every game.

I know. I'll give you a list of players, Then you'll say that Martial is better than all of them (probably because he had that one good first season and is really good at dribbling) or that they aren't available because 'reasons' and you'll move onto another point. That'll be a fun game.

Could have bought:
Mahrez
Griezmann
Ronaldo
Dembele
Willian
Lemar

Can buy in the future:
Fekir
Lozano
Heung-Min Son
Dybala
Alli
Werner

MJJ

The original point was that top teams have sold better players and you discounted those because 'reasons'. You've also gone onto do the classic Pele and Maradona throwback whenever discussing past players as if thats at all comparable. Im sure there is no reason to sell Martial right, he's been one of the best players in the league and is playing every game.

I know. I'll give you a list of players, Then you'll say that Martial is better than all of them (probably because he had that one good first season and is really good at dribbling) or that they aren't available because 'reasons' and you'll move onto another point. That'll be a fun game.

Could have bought:
Mahrez
Griezmann
Ronaldo
Dembele
Willian
Lemar

Can buy in the future:
Fekir
Lozano
Heung-Min Son
Dybala
Alli
Werner
Out of the first list only lemar plays as a left winger and he likes to come inside, out of the second there is no one I think. So yeah you are full of shit.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Out of the first list only lemar plays as a left winger and he likes to come inside, out of the second there is no one I think. So yeah you are full of shit.
Which would be a great point if we didn't already have players ahead of him vying for the LW position.

MJJ

Which would be a great point if we didn't already have players ahead of him vying for the LW position.
Not really? If we are replacing martial we will replace him with a lw not a right winger or striker or am since he doesn't play those positions.

ivaldo

Not really? If we are replacing martial we will replace him with a lw not a right winger or striker or am since he doesn't play those positions.
No we don't. We replace him with a player we need. Getting rid of Martial and bringing in a RW - a position we are significantly weaker in - makes infinity more sense than buyer another LW.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I don't really have that much free time to dig up stats for things I remember pretty well, it wasn't even a year ago yet. Martial took the starting job from Rashford and was producing close to a goal/assist per 90m. He's won the club some games and provided many chances for Lukaku as well that weren't always converted. He was a very productive team player from the left wing and showed the best connection with Lukaku. Now, he wasn't a perfect player...he didn't track back as much and his movement is lazy more often than not, but I think with a healthy and confident Shaw (which he didn't have last season) he's worth giving a chance to find his form again because Sanchez has had plenty of chances from the left wing and if he's not going to be dropped, then stick him on the right and let's see what happens after a few games, instead of giving up on it if it doesn't work out right from the start.
I was loving his output last season but I remember being annoyed and frustrated with his performance when he started. He seemed to have moments of brilliance then a lot of frustrating periods in between. Off the bench he played like he smelled blood.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
I was loving his output last season but I remember being annoyed and frustrated with his performance when he started. He seemed to have moments of brilliance then a lot of frustrating periods in between. Off the bench he played like he smelled blood.
Yeah, but it's a completely different outlook you need to have as a starter compared as coming on in the last 25 minutes. Especially because Martial has always had some issues with his stamina, he needs to pace himself. At the end of the day, he produced the goods and got this team wins, sure it's not the whole package with the tireless dog attitude, but he did his part.

MJJ

No we don't. We replace him with a player we need. Getting rid of Martial and bringing in a RW - a position we are significantly weaker in - makes infinity more sense than buyer another LW.
That's not replacing him though, that's replacing mata or whoever plays right wing.

Would selling martial and buying a right back means you are replacing him?

haram

That's not replacing him though, that's replacing mata or whoever plays right wing.

We already have Rashford and Sanchez that play on the left ahead of Martial anyway.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Going by that logic martial has already been replaced by sanchez

ivaldo

Of course it is. We all know you're an uber-fan of Martial, but whether you like it or not he's well down at the pecking order at the moment. Why on Earth would we replace our 3rd choice left winger with another when we sorely need a right winger? His place in the squad can be taken by countless others and, at the moment, contribute far more to the team. Frankly, we don't need to replace Martial like for like, making your point all a bit, well, pointless.

MJJ

Of course it is. We all know you're an uber-fan of Martial, but whether you like it or not he's well down at the pecking order at the moment. Why on Earth would we replace our 3rd choice left winger with another when we sorely need a right winger? His place in the squad can be taken by countless others and, at the moment, contribute far more to the team. Frankly, we don't need to replace Martial like for like, making your point all a bit, well, pointless.
Because his replacement hasn't been performing? That was the whole point of discussion when you jumped in.

You then bizarrely started arguing that we can replace him by signing a right winger or a fullback. Instead of saying he has already been replaced.

Better an uber martial fan than an uber morata fan.

Alain-

Martial's goal Vs Newcastle means 9M€ to Monaco. There's a clause about 25 goals in his contract.

Source: Monaco

Last edited by a moderator:

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Get the feck in. Scary to think all the players we could have lost if Mourinho stayed. Hope Martial stays for good and helps lead us to trophies. Between him, Rashford and Pogba, we certainly have the talent for it.

Rolaholic

Martial FC will be feasting well these next 5 years :drool::drool:

Dave next hopefully but all signs point to that just being a formality at this point

Rolaholic

Can someone translate this please?

Took french in school but almost failed it.

Edit: just saw the sky sports tweet.
'Martial has found an agreement to extend his contract at United an extra 5 years. Info confirmed by his agent who says a few minor details still need to be finalized but the agreement has been confirmed'

Music to all of our ears :drool:

King Eric 7

Fantastic news! It was beginning to get concerning the number of players who were coming to the end of their contracts. Thankfully we've turned a corner and they probably all want to stay. Ander next please - don't want him leaving on a free.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
'Martial has found an agreement to extend his contract at United an extra 5 years. Info confirmed by his agent who says a few minor details still need to be finalized but the agreement has been confirmed'

Music to all of our ears :drool:
Nice. Now play him Rashford and Sanchez as our front three.

sam147

Exactly, its almost as if some fans have forgotten about a thing called competition or strenght in depth. We dont need to sell a LW to bring in a RW.

MJJ

:lol: