Martial exit?

spiriticon

We laugh, but Martial is a Spurs player through and through. You can't get more Spursy than him.

Redcy

If he starts 15 games it’ll be more than he started in years.

what would Ben Yedder cost us? Forever linked and is getting on now?

croadyman

If he starts 15 games it’ll be more than he started in years.

what would Ben Yedder cost us? Forever linked and is getting on now?
Someone listed some options and he was on that along with Morata,Wilson,Taremi and others

OverratedOpinion

Anyway on a slightly less sombre note. I don't think it'd be very popular but I'd really like to see us enquire about Chupo-Moting.

Bayern have just signed Kane, he would probably cost next to nothing, used to proving reliable cover for top teams and he was very good last season (including in the underlying stats).

I reckon he'd be a good plan b for a year. I think with the options we have now we don't need a superstar (even though that would be nice) we need an extra capable centre forward with good hold up play who knows where the back of the net is.

croadyman

Anyway on a slightly less sombre note. I don't think it'd be very popular but I'd really like to see us enquire about Chupo-Moting.

Bayern have just signed Kane, he would probably cost next to nothing, used to proving reliable cover for top teams.

I reckon he'd be a good plan b for a year. I think with the options we have now we don't need a superstar (even though that would be nice) we need an extra capable centre forward with good hold up play who knows where the back of the net is.
Well at least he knows where the net is

croadyman

I'd be delighted with him but I reckon we would see a lot of Weghorst comparisons as soon as we signed him.
Not from me as now we have that proper 9 but just unfortunately isn't ready until Arsenal. We just need him to do a job whilst Hojlund gets himself fully fit. Then can provide us with another option

poleglass red

It might sound crazy but I'd think someone like Niall Quinn on a short term deal is an option. He's getting on now at 56, but would be a good option for last 10 mins or so if we are chasing a game. Mick Hartford would be another, good physical presence, at 64 though might not have the best of cardio these days.

croadyman

It might sound crazy but I'd think someone like Niall Quinn on a short term deal is an option. He's getting on now at 56, but would be a good option for last 10 mins or so if we are chasing a game. Mick Hartford would be another, good physical presence, at 64 though might not have the best of cardio these days.
So you don't think we need a backup ST

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
Are people still talking about this? He's unmovable with his £250k/wk wage. He'll be here until his contract runs out or the club buys him out.

I'd be surprised he starts 15 games across all comps this year.
He doesn't like to be second fiddle, and he'll be even lower this season.

I can see him accepting a move.

OverratedOpinion

He doesn't like to be second fiddle, and he'll be even lower this season.

I can see him accepting a move.
Also only has 1 year left on his contract so if we did have to give him some money towards lost wages it probably wouldn't be a huge amount.

OrcaFat

So you don't think we need a backup ST
We need another striker, if we can get someone good enough to compete for starts, possibly an old boy but they usually spend half the time injured. I don’t think we’re getting another dummy - might as well promote a kid imo.

croadyman

We need another striker, if we can get someone good enough to compete for starts, possibly an old boy but they usually spend half the time injured. I don’t think we’re getting another dummy - might as well promote a kid imo.
Choupo-Moting now Kane has gone there

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
We laugh, but Martial is a Spurs player through and through. You can't get more Spursy than him.
I've always thought he was more of an Arsenal player myself.

When does his contract run out anyway? I don't see him signing a new one to be honest. Not unless his wages are significantly lowered.

Plastic Evra

I've always thought he was more of an Arsenal player myself.

When does his contract run out anyway? I don't see him signing a new one to be honest. Not unless his wages are significantly lowered.
I think it's the last year. I don't think it'd be wise for the club to extend it under any circumstances, even if he has a decent one. No one is buying him out.

colombianmancunian

Martial leaving must means we are planning on keeping Voldemort. Has he trained in this year? How is his fitness? He is ridiculously talented, but I worry about his fitness?

Someone can clarify is Højlund injured?

FireballXL5

Moyes doing the most Moyesian thing ever. Hope he overpays again like he did with Fellaini.

Adamsk7

I mean when he’s on the pitch he’d instantly be their best player however good luck getting him there

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Moyes in gamey bid to resurrect his tarnished reputation with United fans. I mean if he takes Harry, Scott and Tony off our hands in one Summer, he's right back up there, right? Still below big Ron but leapfrogging Ole, for sure.

Last edited:

whitbyviking

Moves in gamey bid to resurrect his tarnished reputation with United fans. I mean if he takes Harry, Scott and Tony off our hands in one Summer, he's right back up there, right? Still below big Ron but leapfrogging Ole, for sure.
He’s up to LVG and Jose levels if he takes them 3 for cash money.

hobbers

Finally getting rid of martial would be the absolute best bit of business in years

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Can't see ETH sanctioning this without having a replacement, which I don't think will happen.

OverratedOpinion

Finally getting rid of martial would be the absolute best bit of business in years
Yes and no.

If we can get a replacement sure but I'd not we will probably need is 9 or 10 goals throughout the season with all the matches we will play.