Martial exit?

Orange Tree

loan? Might as well keep him. His contract is up next year, and we have no money to buy a replacement.

Who knows, maybe playing second fiddle means he won't get injured as much.

Jeffthered

If Martial can get a deal to play in a very easy Saudi League and earn lots of money, he should buy himself out of his contract and leave. United are moving on without him, and he has had seven years. Surely, where is his sense of self-respect? He will be third-choice No 9 if all are fit and playing well, especially if Garnacho plays well (so Rash may also be considered for No 9 for some games..).

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
loan? Might as well keep him. His contract is up next year, and we have no money to buy a replacement.

Who knows, maybe playing second fiddle means he won't get injured as much.
Martial would get injured getting off the sofa

Idxomer

Well, it wasn't 60m though was it? Wasn't there a ton of add-ons (like balon d'or winner?) which likely have been nowhere near being achieved? edit: i see your reply above.
He ended up costing £44.7m because only one of his bonus clauses was activated in time.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
He ended up costing £44.7m because only one of his bonus clauses was activated in time.
Thanks bud.

Was just reading up on that and figured 2/3 out of his 3 clauses would have been activated but didn't read the "in time" which is an important bit of detail. The one i assume he never achieved in time was French NT appearances? (and obviously the balon d'or nomination one was another one of 3 not achieved).

Idxomer

Thanks bud.

Was just reading up on that and figured 2/3 out of his 3 clauses would have been activated but didn't read the "in time" which is an important bit of detail. The one i assume he never achieved in time was French NT appearances? (and obviously the balon d'or nomination one was another one of 3 not achieved).
Yeah, that was the one according to what I found. The most he would've cost United was around £50m because even if he reached his potential he was never gonna win the Balon d'Or.

Scholsey2004

Yeah, that was the one according to what I found. The most he would've cost United was around £50m because even if he reached his potential he was never gonna win the Balon d'Or.
Didnt need to win it, just be nominated. They nominate a list of candidates and choose one. Its a lower bar.

the_cliff

Murmurs of Inter's interest in him.

They've been trying to get a striker in and just dropped interest in Balogun due to the price tag.

SAF is the GOAT

Even if we'll sell him to them(which we won't because the source who reported it is a BS source)

I don't see which striker we could sign for only 1 season just to be a stop gap to the starting striker that we will purchase next summer

OleGunnar20

If Inter are looking for a striker maybe MG on loan makes sense. Do it for 6 months with a possible extention if all is going well.

I'm not going to go into any of the stuff we can't talk about on here. Sporting wise though I think it'd be a win-win-win, if Inter felt he was a good fit.

croadyman

If Inter are looking for a striker maybe MG on loan makes sense. Do it for 6 months with a possible extention if all is going well.

I'm not going to go into any of the stuff we can't talk about on here. Sporting wise though I think it'd be a win-win-win, if Inter felt he was a good fit.
We still need to sign a backup 9

OleGunnar20

We still need to sign a backup 9
Moussa Dembele is a free agent I believe. Might be a decent option off the bench if our budget is getting low.

Bad season last season for him but before that he showed he could hit decent numbers.

croadyman

Moussa Dembele is a free agent I believe. Might be a decent option off the bench if our budget is getting low.

Bad season last season for him but before that he showed he could hit decent numbers.
Went to Saudi I think,we need to hijack Gift Orban to Spurs before it's too far down the line

croadyman

We? Didn’t we just sign another young striker with potential? And the non-zero likelihood of the guy wearing 11 coming back?
Even if Mr 11 comes back he won't be in match shape until probably Christmas. I am talking about a cheap backup 9 who is maybe older and experienced to take some pressure away.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Could have gotten Mbappe for the same price, at the same time, from the same team. Makes you wonder.

December_16

Even if Mr 11 comes back he won't be in match shape until probably Christmas
That is an opinion, not a fact. There’s no way we buy another young player to rotate with Hojlund, no way. They all need a ton of time to adjust. Rashy would play upfront instead. All moot point, I dont think Martial is going anywhere, Inter would be so dumb to buy a sicknote like him.