Martial exit?

Djemba-Djemba

If we can get any sort of fee for Martial and get him off the wage bill that would be an incredible bonus.

I wouldn't even try and haggle for fear they walk away, just accept any offer :lol:

Redcy

Just because he was injured last season doesn’t mean he will be as bad this season. Also if he’s back-up then it should be less stress on his body.
It’s not just last season is it? Plus he is still out now, he didn’t have any stress on his body for two seasons and it has made little difference.

Judas

Open to offers
Just because he was injured last season doesn’t mean he will be as bad this season. Also if he’s back-up then it should be less stress on his body.
This level of blind naivety in 2023 when it comes to Martial is crazy. He’s cooked, done and a total unreliable player. He’s basically been a backup for years due to his inability to be consistently available.

Member 101269

Just because he was last fit approx. 7 years ago doesn't mean he'll be fit next season

Lee565

He seems like the perfect Saudi team transfer, technically still in his prime years, he is well known name within football, when fit there could be debate for him being the best player in the Saudi league if joined and surely he knows his career is likely never going to ever flourish again for both man united and for France with his injury issues and he can go to a team that are even more stupid than united in given him unjustified high wages

waza7111

Hopefully the Saudi teams can take all of our deadwood because that is probably the only way of getting rid of them.

KeanoMagicHat

This level of blind naivety in 2023 when it comes to Martial is crazy. He’s cooked, done and a total unreliable player. He’s basically been a backup for years due to his inability to be consistently available.
Who do we play striker for the 60 odd games next season? Martial still played 29 games last season despite all his injuries. Lack of striker depth cost us last season, and it’s mid-July and we’ve got nobody new in, I don’t see how Martial leaving on top is going to help things.

doomy20

Who do we play striker for the 60 odd games next season? Martial still played 29 games last season despite all his injuries. Lack of striker depth cost us last season, and it’s mid-July and we’ve got nobody new in, I don’t see how Martial leaving on top is going to help things.
Playing 29 games means nothing when you don’t contribute anything valuable and cost 15M in salary every season. Plus his negative attitude. I‘d rather promote a youth player than drag this expensive walking injury on for another season.

Yakuza_devils

We are going to sign a new striker and seems that Sancho is going to be converted to be a striker. Don't forget we may have a certain someone back too.

Lyng

If we can get a fee for Martial then running with new striker and Sancho as a false 9 isnt the worst idea.

Kramer

Would be good to receive, say, a 10m fee for him.
If Bailly is going for 20 M (though that sounds highly doubtful), we shd be asking 40-50 M for Martial.

If we do manage to sell Martial. We shd be looking to sign another attacker unless we plan to use MG

onemanarmy

If Bailly is going for 20 M (though that sounds highly doubtful), we shd be asking 40-50 M for Martial.

If we do manage to sell Martial. We shd be looking to sign another attacker unless we plan to use MG
Bailly is going for 2m, not 20.

lex talionis

In the pantheon of permacrocks, Martial is right up there with Jones. But at least when he laced his boots, Jones gave us the effort the shirt deserved.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
We don’t have enough strikers and can’t even complete one striker signing, we’d need 2-3 strikers if he goes.
If he goes we’ll probably sign Ramsus and then push for one of our 30+ year old specials. Taremi is the hottest linked so far

Adamsk7

Can you imagine a Saudi club paying anything for him? What a dream it would be! I’m sitting here thinking about a juicy £20m offer and quite frankly it’s giving me a boner

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

Bailly is not going for 20M, he is getting contract worth 20 million.

Oranges038

Blind naivety, I'd call it idiocy, same as with Fred and McT, you still have people who believe they have something to offer. When they've proved time and time again they can be relied on.

If anyone offers anything above 10m for Martial, I'd snap their hand of off and have him carefully delivered in bubble wrap.

Don't get excited guys. Tony would be lucky to pass a medical
Be lucky if they find a pulse.

BuzzKillington

Except he doesn’t seem to like being back up and tends to sulk. And he seems to need a run of games to play himself in. He’s a terrible backup striker. Anybody not called Wout Weghorst would be an improvement.

hobbers

Oh please let the Saudi trash can of overpaid Prem nobodies swallow him up.

Abraxas

This would be outstanding if true. He's useless. Bad reliability and bad performance. Saudi football would suit his intensity in truth.

Obviously it leaves us extremely short for central strikers but I don't think it's such a problem when Martial was so unreliable. It just means we might have to think about somebody really cheap to play a supporting role.

UnitedWA

Sell asap! I don't have the nerves to watch him anymore (barely watching, he's always off injured).

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
Oops.

Still feel we shd try and get upwards of 30M euros for Martial though.
Not a chance anyone would come close to that I'm afraid.

It's such a shame he was such a talented youngster, but a combination of terrible management and injuries have ruined him, he really could have been brilliant. I'd be surprised if anyone paid above 10 million for him now.

Alemar

Plan is obviously to play Sancho as a false 9 - that’s where ETH used him 3 times in a row this pre-season already. He will apparently share minutes with a bee striker (Hojlund or otherwise)

Abraxas

Not a chance anyone would come close to that I'm afraid.

It's such a shame he was such a talented youngster, but a combination of terrible management and injuries have ruined him, he really could have been brilliant. I'd be surprised if anyone paid above 10 million for him now.
Not sure the blame can be placed at the managers door over the years. He's had plenty of opportunity. It's not really for managers to convince him that he should be in shape, running, engaged in the game. At this level it should be an intrinsic part of the makeup.

Other players have come through the periods under other managers intact.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
Not sure the blame can be placed at the managers door over the years. He's had plenty of opportunity. It's not really for managers to convince him that he should be in shape, running, engaged in the game. At this level it should be an intrinsic part of the makeup.

Other players have come through the periods under other managers intact.
I thought Mourinho treated Martial and Shaw attrociously.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
But Martial is no one, he's had a crap career and been found out.
Sort of a ridiculous post when he's playing for one of the biggest clubs in the world.

The Saudi operation is all about propaganda of taking players from footballing giants.

I mean do you think anyone is excited at a 33 year old Hendo?