Martial exit?

Xaviboy

Sell no hesitation even if we don't have CF at moment, chap is never available so makes no difference.

We get decent fee for him. For mean time work on Sancho as false 9, showed glimpses last night can do a job and bring in Hojlund.

KeanoMagicHat

We don’t have enough strikers and can’t even complete one striker signing, we’d need 2-3 strikers if he goes.

Redcy

I can replace him mate, my knees are fecked and I’ll sit in the treatment room all season if necessary. Same contribution on the pitch
being honest I reckon at 49 I’m reasonably fit and quick still. I’ll probably give you about 15 -20 minutes for 15 games a season, although I don’t reckon I’m scoring many. On the other hand I’ll only cost £2k per week and have No signing on fee

Redcy

We don’t have enough strikers and can’t even complete one striker signing, we’d need 2-3 strikers if he goes.
What if he stays, we still don’t have a striker we can rely on for more than about 500 mins

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Plays a couple of good games then he disappears. If the club can get some money get rid and get someone in.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Does it matter if he leaves? He can't keep fit.

Also, ETH has confirmed they're working on signing a striker.

ThanksBoss26

Hopefully he fancies it. Chance to set himself up with another big contract and you’d think get himself a much better financial offer than anywhere in Europe will give him even when his contract runs down.

From a club point of view, get rid immediately if the opportunity arises. Last chance to get a fee for him and a big wage off the books.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
being honest I reckon at 49 I’m reasonably fit and quick still. I’ll probably give you about 15 -20 minutes for 15 games a season, although I don’t reckon I’m scoring many. On the other hand I’ll only cost £2k per week and have No signing on fee
Same. Plus I reckon my hold up play would be better….due to my considerable mass….none of these ‘pro athletes’ are bullying me off the ball. Just don’t ask me to run channels. I’d need subbing back off pretty quick

CM

I wouldn't be in a hurry to get rid of Martial this summer unless there's a decent fee on the table for him. We'd need to sign a second striker if he left and I'm not sure whether we have the funds to make that happen.

Rauður Djöfull

No one else reporting on this one?
Probably too good to be true?
Hope we get rid, he had huge potential but never cashed in on it. Always love his debut goal against Liverpool

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Would be great to get rid of him but I don't see much point unless we're signing another attacker on top of Hojlund. We're short on bodies in that position as is and an intermittently fit Martial is still better than nothing.

van Nistelrooy

Seems too good to be true for someone who is injured most of the season.

Let him go on a free and save the money on his wages.

KeanoMagicHat

What if he stays, we still don’t have a striker we can rely on for more than about 500 mins
Just because he was injured last season doesn’t mean he will be as bad this season. Also if he’s back-up then it should be less stress on his body.

OleGunnar20

This would be great. Guys still a very good player in my opinion but his fitness only seems to be going one way. Cash in if we get the chance.

daba

If we can get Tony off the payroll and receive any kind of fee in the process that would be a result.

Then go an invest the money saved on wages in Gift Orban (alongside our main ST target)

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
I prefer selling him but not now. We don’t have any striker left.
We can’t keep making this mistake though. Chances are if he does stay he’ll be out injured for half the season.

If there is money on the table for him then it’s time to part ways.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Who's gonna buy him with those wages?
Did you manage not to see any of the posts reacting to it being the Saudis who are supposedly after him?
Saudis who are paying someone like Hendo 700k a week.

Fitchett

Get him off the payroll. If we get a fee for him then even better. Money saved will go to buying a striker who is actually fit enough to play.

Hammondo

Did you manage not to see any of the posts reacting to it being the Saudis who are supposedly after him?
Saudis who are paying someone like Hendo 700k a week.
But Martial is no one, he's had a crap career and been found out.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
I was going to make that cliché joke about packing his bags for him, but it got me thinking that it would genuinely be useful in this case as he'd probably pull something lifting his LV case.

Huddsred

I wouldn't be in a hurry to get rid of Martial this summer unless there's a decent fee on the table for him. We'd need to sign a second striker if he left and I'm not sure whether we have the funds to make that happen.
The problem is that he can't be trusted to stay fit, so we'll probably need to sign a second whether he stays or goes. If we manage to get Martial off the wage bill that will free up a considerable amount of money.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Apparently there is no solution to our striker situation anyway so I'm indifferent on Martial. It doesn't look like getting money for him is going to help us to get an attacker to lead the line, but maybe we can address other positions and hope for the best. That seems like the best scenario I guess.

Jam

No hesitation, even for a miserly fee. His wages are astronomical, and then you consider what we actually get for those wages….

Another player who has shown sparks and spells of being a world beater than could fix our problems. But it’s too few and far between, his injury record and standard level of form is appalling.

100% on board with shifting him and his wages, and getting a main forward and then a rotation option who isn’t on £300k a week.

Nickosaur

With Telles gone and Martial and Bailly strong rumours, Saudi are really doing us a favour this window.

Alemar

Need to be sold immediately if an opportunity arises (or has arisen already). It looks like ETH wants to play Sancho as a false 9 (apparently to share minutes with a new striker), so it makes sense